• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

silva1991

I hate Fuu Ki's disturbing face so much

Fuuki.jpg

Guys what's the recommanded level for finishing the Fourth dungeon.

Above 30 on normal.

Sciel

Thanks for this.

For some reason I thought watching all DVD's was one of the trophies haha. Glad to hear it isn't one.

Fortunately I have a lot of backup save files during November / December which I think should allow me to get some of those trophies if I just bee line them as you said.

I guess I'm starting my NG playthrough soon then!
If you're going for the books trophy in NG+ ,
please read all the books in the school library on a consistent basis (Last one opens up in October). This is probably the only 'missable' one besides Momentos (if you don't read text messages), since you lose access to school in November.

Fuckin 7th try at madarame... I don't think I got the fire power to do it

What lvl are you? I found him pretty hard as well solely because of his ink ability. Taking Ryuji out of the party helps greatly (because the boss' main attack is wind, which Ryuji is weak again) and you might need to have two healers during that fight. I essentially left Ann and Morgana to heal, and Ann to cause some debuff from time to time, while I used the ferret-like persona that has Double Fang to cause the main damage to the portraits + Yusuke.

nOoblet16

This is definitively not true, you can miss quests if you forget to read Mishima's messages.
Source: me, and this guy:
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/835628-persona-5/75242966
Well that's not really missable is it? You just have to read them at any point and they'll unlock as time goes. Because if that's missable then reading is missable too since you don't get to borrow books after a certain time and same for playing video games and levelling up confidants as you don't get to do those after a certain time.

Jisgsaw

Well that's not really missable is it? You just have to read them at any point and they'll unlock as time goes. Because if that's missable then reading is missable too since you don't get to borrow books after a certain time and same for playing video games and levelling up confidants as you don't get to do those after a certain time.

Only your 50 last messages are saved, so after ~20 days, you "miss" the request.
For me, an unmissable quest is a quest you can do at any time without any prerequisit.

I'm just salty because I'll miss this trophy because of one dumb quest, because I didn't read the barrage of SMS I receive each day

Zesh

Is there a list of non-story related trophies anywhere? Or does the PSN trophy list cover all of them? I'm working on getting as many trophies as possible in my first run, but I'm afraid of encountering spoilers online.

Just starting out, is there no 'bonus' after battles this time around? The HP/SP gains in previous games were super helpful in making it through dungeons.

Is it feasible to be running through entire dungeons in one go this time around?

Corpekata

Banned
Just starting out, is there no 'bonus' after battles this time around? The HP/SP gains in previous games were super helpful in making it through dungeons.

Is it feasible to be running through entire dungeons in one go this time around?

At the start of the game you won't be doing it. Toward the middle/end some accessories and social link abilities make it more doable, though they are often long enough they aren't particularly fun to do in one run.

MTC100

Banned

There is but only
for party members that aren't fighting
and this is also locked behind
a confidant link about half way in the game

On the other hand you can get/buy accessories that regen HP or SP when the party member that has them starts their turn. You may want to max out the
Death confidant
early to get your hands on some of them.

Vorheez

What lvl are you? I found him pretty hard as well solely because of his ink ability. Taking Ryuji out of the party helps greatly (because the boss' main attack is wind, which Ryuji is weak again) and you might need to have two healers during that fight. I essentially left Ann and Morgana to heal, and Ann to cause some debuff from time to time, while I used the ferret-like persona that has Double Fang to cause the main damage to the portraits + Yusuke.
Thank you for the tips!! I will try this now

nOoblet16

It is feasible with certain equipments but if you do that then please please please don't come posting about how dungeons feel like they are dragging lol. It is so common because the dungeons are not designed with single go in mind when played the first time.

For reference dungeons took an act of 5-8 hours for me in my first run, in NG+ they take like 1.5 hours tops.

Corpekata

Banned
Blarg first encounter with King Frost in 6th palace and he just mabufudyned the fuck out of me and my MC crumpled. Hadn't made it back to a safe room yet so first real loss of progress so far.

Question for those who got a platinum trophy :
Is it better to use my save file from my first playthrough to complete the Persona Compendium or should I go the new game + route for this ?

Also where can I get all the ressources to craft all infiltration tools ?

silva1991

I think I have the card for it somewhere. I'm currently at 12/24 anyway
looking for that last dumb treasure demon.

Use that strengthening thing in the velvet room to give him that skill. There will be alot of save scumming, but it's worth it lol.

Anyone else feel raidou 2 was more jazz ?

Like SHIT raidou 2 op theme was so good can Atlus please give us another

Now that Kaneko has gone AWOL with no sign of returning and was basically the force behind those games, I really doubt it. Which is a shame, since I'd really like a new Devil Summoner game, especially continuing the adventures of Raidou Kuzunoha, or his successor.

stryke

Has there meant to be any use of Third Eye in the real world yet? (I've only reached Sept though), I mean if the function is available I'm assuming there should be some benefit to it.

Corpekata

Banned
Has there meant to be any use of Third Eye in the real world yet? (I've only reached Sept though), I mean if the function is available I'm assuming there should be some benefit to it.

Pretty sure it's just to highlight interactables like the various stores and whatnot.

squall23

Help me GAF. I'm experiencing Persona withdrawal again. I was like this when I played P4G 2 months ago and it's happening again. For almost 3 weeks I've woken up, went to work, came home and played the game, eat dinner, and play some more. I don't know what to do with myself right now.
Now that Kaneko has gone AWOL with no sign of returning and was basically the force behind those games, I really doubt it. Which is a shame, since I'd really like a new Devil Summoner game, especially continuing the adventures of Raidou Kuzunoha, or his successor.
Kaneko will have to show himself again for the next Super Robot Wars OG to update some designs since it's going to feature the game that had him as the guest mecha designer.

silva1991

It can slowdown time in the batting cage. you need to read a book for that tho.

Ladekabel

Holy shit, was the animated scene at the beach embarassing. Uhs and Ahs. Dafuck is this shit? Ann does look like they took a Barbie doll and planed her waiste.

And I need to up my social stats. Need charme, kindness and guts for Social Links...

It will turn Confidants blue and put a tarot card above them... to make them easy to find I guess.

The game decided to give me the middle finger during the first mid-boss of the first dungeon. Boss close to dying, so I decide to attack instead of guarding. My main characters attack, which would do the most damage misses, meaning I can't kill it this turn. I have everyone else guard and of course the boss attacks my character for a critical. An one-shot kill.

nOoblet16

I am in early October and the only trophies that I need for platinum now are:

1) Craft all shit (need 2 liquid mercury and 4 red phosphorus)
2) Max out confidants (Only 4 confidants remain, two of which are at level 9.)
3) Complete the compendium (have close to 3 million yen)
4) The two specific NG+ trophies

So far...yet so close.

nOoblet16

How do you guys do this? Is there a non-spoilery guide somewhere out there?
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...-invincible-killing-machine-in-persona-5.aspx

Question for those who got a platinum trophy :
Is it better to use my save file from my first playthrough to complete the Persona Compendium or should I go the new game + route for this ?

Also where can I get all the ressources to craft all infiltration tools ?
You can't finish the compendium until the very late in NG+

Only your 50 last messages are saved, so after ~20 days, you "miss" the request.
For me, an unmissable quest is a quest you can do at any time without any prerequisit.

I'm just salty because I'll miss this trophy because of one dumb quest, because I didn't read the barrage of SMS I receive each day

I had 3 trophies left for platinum and they were all connected to one request.
didn't read the message for the request that gives the China sweet book that unlocks the new area.
Decided to give the game a break because a third playthrough seems too soon and will probably sour the fun experience I had with the game.

zulux21

I really like Futaba's English VA.

I really like how she says kitty :p
as for in general she seems pretty fitting.
either way I am a sucker for the character type so as long as her voice wasn't bad I would think it's fine so I am likely not the best judge for her lol.

Dragner

Finished the game today. Thought the tone of P3 ending couldnt be beaten. But my lord the last 3-4 hours are AMAZING.

Great way to ending one of the best JRPGs ever done.

San valentine Harem spoilers
Lost it at Ryuji message after the cheating scene xD

Top Bottom