• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

ebil

Something I never really got was how Futaba refers to Yusuke as "Inari." Based on how he's referred to by that name by others sometimes, it seems it's supposed to be belittling somehow, but all I got was that it's another term for "Fox"? Didn't make much sense to me.
It's because there's some kind of Japanese urban legend in which foxes love eating inarizushi.

That's actually what Futaba says in party chat. It's supposed to be demeaning because she associates him with food.

There's also a funny cutscene post Palace 6
where you see Futaba's phone with everyone's nickname and Yusuke is registered as Inari there. Made me chuckle.

DNAbro

My teenager just finished the game. He loved the game. Which persona game should he play next, 3 or 4?

If you have a Vita, 4 Golden. 4 PS2 is also fine but there are quality of life improvements in Golden that would be appreciated.

3 is a bit more archaic mechanically.

Also imo 4 > 3 story and character wise.

CmdBash

Is there any discernible difference in loading times using a ssd for the game? Got a spare 120gb ssd from an old laptop I can plug in as an external.

nOoblet16

Very late ? So basically you need 50 hours more to complete it ? Welp...
Well not exactly, palaces in NG+ take like 1-2 hours. You can also reduce to difficulty to safety and get 3x XP and money. This is what I did after palace 3 once I realised how much faster I can make this run. Most of my time has been spent doing Slinks and running around mementos for the rare drops.

I haven't even started Palace 6 and I have pretty much nothing left to do in the game as far as activities go as I only have 2 confidants remaining to level up (except for story ones). Done with all books, games, etc etc

Zesh

Just got Strength to 10 and have 10 million yen -- any must-have personas to fuse? I can't make Yoshitsune yet (still on 11/2, level 51).

silva1991

I can't wait until get get mementos request and just farm the shit out of bosses. Where was your luck at? I'm using izanagi with 45 luck and I wonder if that's enough.

I Had Kohryu with 45 luck, so yeah that amount of luck is enough. He also had both Pulinpa and confuse boost.

That farming method only works on mementos bosses and not all of them

Some mementos bosses are literally immune to confuse.

Ladekabel

How the hell do you guys have millions of yen? I tried the boss exploit in Mementos but out of 9 times they only threw money at me once so I lost patience and said fuck it.

Is this male Sae?

persona5.design.works_22_weaponsstore.jpg

I loved that guy in Hotline Miami.

I Had Kohryu with 45 luck, so yeah that amount of luck is enough. He also had both Pulinpa and confuse boost.

That farming method only works on mementos bosses and not all of them

Some mementos bosses are literally immune to confuse.
Yeah I know. I'm about done with palace 1 so it shouldn't be long. But I have to wait until the evening since I have to go to work.

But you know that Mishima sends you the mission requests, so why would you skip them?

He ALSO sends you texts about wanting to hang out, which often you do want to skip/end up skipping because you accepted someone else's text first. Plus, if you miss the text on the first day, it becomes less and less visible in your list until eventually it disappears altogether.

I'm not saying it isn't still the player's fault in some sense, but this to me seems like the textbook definition of "missable."

Zafir

He ALSO sends you texts about wanting to hang out, which often you do want to skip/end up skipping because you accepted someone else's text first. Plus, if you miss the text on the first day, it becomes less and less visible in your list until eventually it disappears altogether.

I'm not saying it isn't still the player's fault in some sense, but this to me seems like the textbook definition of "missable."

Yep.

It doesn't help that Mishima is generally least prioritised on a second playthrough since he levels up every time. For me, I only hung out with him when no one else was going to rank up. I'd use fortune telling on someone and then go hang out with Mishima. I can easily see how someone would miss a request off him, it almost happened to me as well.

Nose Master

My teenager just finished the game. He loved the game. Which persona game should he play next, 3 or 4?

3. 4 is too similar to 5 imo, and he would get burnt out.

FES is cheap as far as 3 goes. The PSP one is an okay version also, but I prefer FES. Play p4 OG if possible. Golden has a few quality of life improvements, but they also cram new characters and scenarios in that stick out like a stiff dick in the wind.

ramyeon

Very early on, text message group convo:

Ann: Don't text now. We're in class.
Ryuji: Whoa! You mean you're actually listening to this crap?
Ann: Yeah, but none of it is really sticking today...
Ryuji: I know, right?

...aren't they in different classes?
Wow, people are seriously looking for localization issues even where they don't exist.

I believe the translation complaints are just a side effect of the bigger deal of, most people are meh on the game. The reaction is so fucking cold.

Well shit, glad i read through the thread.....
Almost missed some classic "F0rneus pretends that everybody hates this game except them, because they are so fuckin cool".

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Still at the first palace. Just acquired the second map. But I'm starting to run low on SP and have no items to replenish it. What's the best recovery practice in these situations?

Well shit, glad i read through the thread.....
Almost missed some classic "F0rneus pretends that everybody hates this game except them, because they are so fuckin cool".

There are fans who aren't as in love with the game as others, though if I had to grade this thread a scale from everyone hates this irrationally to everyone loves this irrationally this thread clearly is more aligned with the latter then the former. Not saying people who love the game and think its a 10/10 "favorite/best game ever" are being irrational, but that's closer to the threads general tone then "everyone hates this game becuase of the bad translation"

Still at the first palace. Just acquired the second map. But I'm starting to run low on SP and have no items to replenish it. What's the best recovery practice in these situations?

Pick your poison, escape the dungeon and come back another day losing social time, or attempt to get to the end of the dungeon using mostly physical moves/avoiding fights to conserve your sp for the end.

Zaru

I'm in mid-september and I actually wish there was an option to
permanently remove Ryuji from the group, he's an asshole and walking liability

Ponn

Banned
I'm in mid-september and I actually wish there was an option to
permanently remove Ryuji from the group, he's an asshole and walking liability

That will be an option in the darker, edgier P5 Crimson Blood edition.

Sami+

I was still getting my arse handed to me on Hard on occasion and I had both of the first two DLC Personas. Cadenza is a great heal, but early game it's really costly so you can't use it often. Cross Slash is powerful, but it does eat a lot of health.

Oh that's really interesting actually. Sounds like having that really costly but super powerful Persona just adds a new later to the decision making then instead of outright breaking it?

Top Bottom