• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Mediking

I do kinda agree that the P5 MC should at least voice his own dialogue options. Like c'mon, now. Or at least most of them.

Man, what's with Sojiro's socal link? Most other early game characters are up to 5-7 but he's still on 3 and I've hung out with him 4 times without ranking up.

Shut up inmate.

God I wanted to smack Caroline sometimes. Post-Game Spoiler:
Which is why I'm glad you actually get the chance to in NG+ lol. Lavenza is like a million times better than both of them.

Speaking of post-game, I completed it the other day at 110 hours. What a game, holy shit. My first Persona experience ever and it was magical. I'm doing NG+ now on Hard to try and get all the Confidants maxed, along with some other stuff. It does feel a bit unfair smacking everything down with Yoshitsune though, this thing is super OP and it's not even set up to be the real OP version of it I see people talk about. Hassou Tobi is "gg ez" status.

Mediking

Man, what's with Sojiro's socal link? Most other early game characters are up to 5-7 but he's still on 3 and I've hung out with him 4 times without ranking up.

I think it's story related and kinda symbolic that he keeps you at arm's length while still respecting you.

This is all my fault, but it's beginning to really work my nerves. This is like the umpteenth time I've lost like a 20-30 minute chunk of progress, cuz I forgot to save in a safe room on the way to somewhere or thought there'd be one ahead so I went too far forward and died to something I didn't expect without going back to a previous one and saving again after some kind of mini/sub boss.

It just...depresses me.

silva1991

What's the best way to beat the
Reaper
without using flu season? I wanna get to lvl 99 and I'm at 86.

At that level just fight him like fighting any other boss. Buffs/debuffs and go ham.

If you have super Yoshitsune and another persona with debilitate it's pretty much an easy win.

Mediking

This is all my fault, but it's beginning to really work my nerves. This is like the umpteenth time I've lost like a 20-30 minute chunk of progress, cuz I forgot to save in a safe room on the way to somewhere or thought there'd be one ahead so I went too far forward and died to something I didn't expect without going back to a previous one and saving again after some kind of mini/sub boss.

It just...depresses me.

It's discouraging as heck but you gotta save often. There's no shame in saving and coming back another time. Pace yourself.

But... Mediking! There's a time limit! I wanna go as far as I can!

Lol that doesn't always work.

I would imagine using Yoshitsune.
Whst does yoshitsune do. I'm slowly building up my personas in the last dungeon since i went from like 48 to 82 using the flu exploit and didn't want to skip any for the compendium.

At that level just fight him like fighting any other boss. Buffs/debuffs and go ham.

If you have super Yoshitsune and another persona with debilitate it's pretty much an easy win.
It's a struggle even at 86 for me. I think it's because the persona's I'm using are lvl 61-65 but I'm way higher than that.

Whst does yoshitsune do. I'm slowly building up my personas in the last dungeon since i went from like 48 to 82 using the flu exploit and didn't want to skip any for the compendium.

Yoshitsune has an unbelievably OP attack that hits everything 8 times. And the way I understand it, you can make it so he's immune to almost any type of damage (the "super" Yoshitsune).

I was promised unparalleled freedom once I got to July. why you gotta lie to me man? why?!

Still while i think the cast is weaker than 4 the rest of the game makes up for it especially since I do not care much for randomly generated dungeons.

I'm glad i didn't pay hardly any attention to prerelease info cuz i just assumed it would be random dungeons again.

Pogonip

Neo Member
I've got a skill card for an ability called Thermopylae, which the description
makes it sound like a full party Heat Riser (Atk/Def/Accuracy/Evade buff)
. It costs 30SP to use which seems kinda low for an ability that good so I'm a bit suspicious, so it's making me wonder if I should just take the time to mass duplicate this card?

Also, 7th Palace spoilers:
I'm "rattled" at the fact that somebody decided these mouse sections would be a good idea as a dungeon "puzzle", especially for the final one. Timing movements around enemies is not fun.

Deimo5

I've got a skill card for an ability called Thermopylae, which the description
makes it sound like a full party Heat Riser (Atk/Def/Accuracy/Evade buff)
. It costs 30SP to use which seems kinda low for an ability that good so I'm a bit suspicious, so it's making me wonder if I should just take the time to mass duplicate this card?

Also, 7th Palace spoilers:
I'm "rattled" at the fact that somebody decided these mouse sections would be a good idea as a dungeon "puzzle", especially for the final one. Timing movements around enemies is not fun.

That skill only works when you are surrounded from an ambush so its pretty specific

JBwB

Is it hard to get the platinum trophy? I'm considering doing a NG+ playthrough to get all the remaining trophies.

I still need to:
Max all confidants (only did 15/21)
Read all books
Watch all DVDs
Complete all games
Complete all requests
Create all infiltration tools
Hit a home run
Buy all vending machine items
Defeat the Reaper

...as well as do the NG+ trophies. My current persona compendium is around 65-70% complete IIRC.

Would it still be possible to easily get all of that in another play through without looking up some strict day to day guide?

It's discouraging as heck but you gotta save often. There's no shame in saving and coming back another time. Pace yourself.

But... Mediking! There's a time limit! I wanna go as far as I can!

Lol that doesn't always work.
Yeah, I just kinda left the palace for a bit lol. Let my new caretaker teach me the ways of coffee to soothe me. I mean, 9 days is a fair amount of time left, right?

Zakalwe

Banned
I bought Orpheus but I'm scared to use him in case he completely breaks the game lol. Waiting til I get to level 20.

I was still getting my arse handed to me on Hard on occasion and I had both of the first two DLC Personas. Cadenza is a great heal, but early game it's really costly so you can't use it often. Cross Slash is powerful, but it does eat a lot of health.

Well dang, that kind of ruined my evening.

First castle spoiler

Was just past the chapel boss, at the roof. Game spawned a mob, which instantly ambushed me, then instantly killed the MC. lost all progress back to last safe room. Which means refighting the boss it seems.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Palace 7

Do it at the start of the deadline, near the end or it doesnt matter?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Well dang, that kind of ruined my evening.

First castle spoiler

Was just past the chapel boss, at the roof. Game spawned a mob, which instantly ambushed me, then instantly killed the MC. lost all progress back to last safe room. Which means refighting the boss it seems.

Had that happen to me too, and after the rest of the roof was fully cleared. I even saw the red mark with 3rd eye (not knowing the exact nature of it but suspicious of it being a fight encounter) and didn't hit X fast enough.

zeniselv

Just finished the game, great overall, it feels like a love letter to the older entries in the series, from systems, designs and story elements,the mechanics and design of this game are unparalleled, though in the end it made the game simple and easy, even compared with P4G, but this is probably from p sudio prefering accessibility, the story was great, very well written and thought evocative but the ending dragged a bit and ended in an anticlimatic note, the characters had great dynamic and the main team felt like real teenagers, but most of the didn't come very memorable in the end, the music is my biggest issue, while it was good it wasn't as good as any shoji meguro ost I've listened to.

ckohler

So if I buy the CRT television item from the store, what can I do with it?

To start with, you can check the news in your room, even at times when you otherwise can't leave your room because you must sleep.

Later,
you'll be able to buy a DVD player to rent DVDs which work like books
, but only at times when you aren't forced to sleep.

Even later,
you'll be able to buy a classic game console to play games that also work like books and DVDs
, also only at times when you aren't forced to sleep.

Hylian7

Just entered dungeon 5 and saved and stopped for the night:
I thought the Principal would be a demon/shadow of some kind in cahoots with the SIU Director and probably Akechi. I didn't think he would just be killed by the SIU Director/whoever was on the phone. I guess I will officially be meeting Haru soon. Also, in Hawaii, that night you get to either spend with a girl or with Ryuji and Mishima,
what determines which girl it is? I got Hifumi, but I was somewhat surprised because some other girl confidants were much higher than her.

Lusankya

Is it hard to get the platinum trophy? I'm considering doing a NG+ playthrough to get all the remaining trophies.

[...]

Would it still be possible to easily get all of that in another play through without looking up some strict day to day guide?

Should be really easy in a NG+ run.

-> With all social parameters at 5, this is trivial.

Read all books
Watch all DVDs
Complete all games
-> Easy as well and you don't even need to waste a lot of time on them. In the end you have a lot of free time were you can fulfill these trophies and then reload an earlier save.

Complete all requests
-> There are no missable requests. Most of them come from confidants and for the others you need to work at your day jobs at least twice (they will be mentioned even before)

-> You can create tools "for free" in the evening when you send out a calling card, but in NG+ there are no time constraints. For the eternal lockpick you need a lot of ressources, but with Makoto's ability you can check the drops of the enemies.

Hit a home run
-> save and load

-> Just buy all of them in late October, drinks found in dungeons don't count so also buy the ones you already have.

Defeat the Reaper
-> There is an exploit you can google or just wait until the end of the game and face him then.

Very early on, text message group convo:

Ann: Don't text now. We're in class.
Ryuji: Whoa! You mean you're actually listening to this crap?
Ann: Yeah, but none of it is really sticking today...
Ryuji: I know, right?

...aren't they in different classes?

ChrisD

*MC Confesses that he likes Makoto*

*They enter a relationship*

*S-Link 10 happens*

*Never visit her again because too busy building up other S-Links and my last two Social Stats*

Persona

The MC's are all horrible people to be in a relationship with.

zeniselv

I still need to:
Read all books
Watch all DVDs
Complete all games
Complete all requests
Hit a home run
Defeat the Reaper

...as well as do the NG+ trophies. My current persona compendium is around 65-70% complete IIRC.

Do you have a previous save? I had a previous save with 10 days reamining for the final deadline and managed to finish in that time, use the flu exploit for the Reaper, and the vending machines one, still you can likely get those trophies in a single NG+, if you maxed your social stats you can spend your time when a confidant isn't avaible reading books and prioritizing kawakami, and other than that most of those can be done in a single day, the only other that take more than one day to finish os the games one(watching DVDs doesn't give a trophy)and that can be done in 9 days in a separate file in case you feel you dont have the time for it

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Is this male Sae?

persona5.design.works_22_weaponsstore.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Does Sojiro's SL deadline end before the rest or something? I havent been able to progress with him in ages :/

JBwB

Should be really easy in a NG+ run.

Thanks for this.

Do you have a previous save? I had a previous save with 10 days reamining for the final deadline and managed to finish in that time, use the flu exploit for the Reaper, and the vending machines one, still you can likely get those trophies in a single NG+, if you maxed your social stats you can spend your time when a confidant isn't avaible reading books and prioritizing kawakami, and other than that most of those can be done in a single day, the only other that take more than one day to finish os the games one(watching DVDs doesn't give a trophy)and that can be done in 9 days in a separate file in case you feel you dont have the time for it

For some reason I thought watching all DVD's was one of the trophies haha. Glad to hear it isn't one.

Fortunately I have a lot of backup save files during November / December which I think should allow me to get some of those trophies if I just bee line them as you said.

I guess I'm starting my NG playthrough soon then!

Top Bottom