• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Lunar15

So I'm in the lead up to dungeon 7 and things are looking dire, Confidant wise. Moon, Star, Temperance, Sun, Chariot, Death are all complete. Ann's at 9, Makoto at 8, Futaba at 6 (gotta do a mememtos), Yusuke at 8, and Haru at 2.

What's my chances of doing all the party member confidants? I've unlocked the affinity boost thing from fortune, and I'm fine skipping Hanged Man, Devil, and Tower confidants. I'd love to do Sojiro, but I'm not positive I can bring my kindness from 4 to 5 in time.

Just finished the game! Ended with 5 confidant's still at level 7-8 and one a level 2. I think because i concentrated on maxing out my teammate confidants and stats (guts, knowledge etc..) I ended up wasting a load of time. Did anyone manage to max out all of them?

Without a guide on a first try/run? Hard to believe but with one it is doable, supposedly. I know it is kind of silly to say "now play the game again to max them" but that is pretty much how it goes if you want to go in blind. You keep your social stats, money, equipment, max s-link items, skill cards, compendium and maybe something else I'm forgetting.

The second run will be a whole lot faster if you skip dialog in addition to being able to steamroll Palaces in a day unless you are forced out.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Final boss.

"Joker's forgotten everything, he can't summon his persona"

::passionate listener trophy pops::

"THANK GOD!"

Mine:
Makoto can't move due to having lewd fantasy
::passionate listener trophy pops::

Goddammit Atlus, i wish i could share that moment!

Just finished the game! Ended with 5 confidant's still at level 7-8 and one a level 2. I think because i concentrated on maxing out my teammate confidants and stats (guts, knowledge etc..) I ended up wasting a load of time. Did anyone manage to max out all of them?
1st playthrough? Yes. Max stats and confidant with 5 free days to spare. Fortune rank 1 and 7 really help!

jackdoe

Without a guide on a first try/run? Hard to believe but with one it is doable, supposedly. I know it is kind of silly to say "now play the game again to max them" but that is pretty much how it goes if you want to go in blind. You keep your social stats, money, equipment, max s-link items, skill cards, compendium and maybe something else I'm forgetting.

The second run will be a whole lot faster if you skip dialog in addition to being able to steamroll Palaces in a day unless you are forced out.
I managed to max everyone except for Hanged Man (came real close, needed two more nights) without a guide. This game is a lot more flexible than the past Persona's, especially thanks to the Fortune confidant.

Just posting to vent how annoying it is to try and find Treasure Demons in Palaces before you can respawn breakables by fighting. I've just spent 15 minutes saving and reloading trying to get one to spawn (doing a loop of two breakables). Raaage.

Ponn

Banned
Mishima is one of the easiest confidants to hit rank 10 with...

I was trying to avoid reading threads and guides and there was a very long stretch where I couldn't find him and never realized he switched where he showed up at. And then he did it again on me. i wouldn't say he is the easiest because of that.

I managed to max everyone except for Hanged Man (came real close, needed two more nights) without a guide. This game is a lot more flexible than the past Persona's, especially thanks to the Fortune confidant.

this was almost exactly me - I basically cheated for the last 15-20ish days though. I played through without saving and made a list of who i had left available on what days and when. Then made myself a schedule and reloaded an earlier save and called upon the Fortune Arcana to bless me when needed... Sadly not having enough time to do Hangman's mementos mission nerfed my plans though — so he's gonna have to wait until new game plus.

Also for some reason Ryuuji was locked out so I almost gave up on that... until i completed palace 7 and he magically became available again.

I was trying to avoid reading threads and guides and there was a very long stretch where I couldn't find him and never realized he switched where he showed up at. And then he did it again on me. i wouldn't say he is the easiest because of that.

Pressing Square on the map will show if confidants are in an area.

END GAME SPOILERS

Does this game have more
than one ending??

I was giving a choice by igor to refuse or accept, I accepted and watching credits now. I wonder what happens if I refuse.

k4eB2iA.gif

So...you never went to Akihabara once after unlocking it?

Ponn

Banned
Pressing Square on the map will show if confidants are in an area.

Yea and this is stuff I will know for my 2nd playthrough along with where everyone spawns. Unfortunately its not doing me any good in Dec. in the final dungeon though :)

So...you never went to Akihabara once after unlocking it?

Nope. Had no need to check it out and didn't think he would suddenly start spawning there. I saw the confidant thing appear there a couple times but I assumed it was
Futaba
and I couldn't progress her because of one my stats.

bunkitz

Finished Palace 5.
Jesus fuck, mysterious fucker killed Shadow Haru's-Dad! Christ, that was awful to see. And my god, they were deliberately talking about how things were going to turn out fine just like before while the players knew it wasn't. Damn you, ATLUS! Buckling up for the darker times cause my friend said things go to shit here.

Maxed out Temperance, so that's fantastic. Really helpful ability. Also maxed out Priestess, but I was disappointed because
it's criminal how much better Johanna looks than... Arat? Like, waaay better.
Conversation in the previous rank wherein best girl officially became my waifu was so damn satisfying, though. Hoping to max out the rest of the party, as well as Hierophant and Death. It's already October, though... Sure as hell hope I've got enough time to at least max those out. Oh yeah, Star too because my friend said the max ability
lets your party members swap themselves out?

But man, this game is so stressful in so many areas. I have to worry about my social stats, Confidants, the Personas I have, etc. All on top of the actual dungeon-crawling. That last one's the least stressful, thankfully, hahaha. Oh, and then there's deciding which skill I'll have my party members forget when they learn a new one. Sheesh. But I'll be damned if I don't fucking love this game.

Yea and this is stuff I will know for my 2nd playthrough along with where everyone spawns. Unfortunately its not doing me any good in Dec. in the final dungeon though :)

Nope. Had no need to check it out and didn't think he would suddenly start spawning there. I saw the confidant thing appear there a couple times but I assumed it was
Futaba
and I couldn't progress her because of one my stats.
You can't really fault the game then. He is literally the easiest to rank up besides Ryuji and Ann.

Nimby

Banned
If you're buying any of the costume DLC, buy the SMT if DLC. Did they arrange the battle theme specifically for P5 or does it come from something else?

PK Gaming

So I'm in the lead up to dungeon 7 and things are looking dire, Confidant wise. Moon, Star, Temperance, Sun, Chariot, Death are all complete. Ann's at 9, Makoto at 8, Futaba at 6 (gotta do a mememtos), Yusuke at 8, and Haru at 2.

What's my chances of doing all the party member confidants? I've unlocked the affinity boost thing from fortune, and I'm fine skipping Hanged Man, Devil, and Tower confidants. I'd love to do Sojiro, but I'm not positive I can bring my kindness from 4 to 5 in time.

You can pretty much max all of them but Haru's. And you can pump kindness by using Fortune's stat boosting ability + doing Ohya's confidant / watching DVDs, so I wouldn't write off Sojiro yet.

silva1991

I was just basing it off of P4G, where you have to select the certain dialogue choices to get to the true ending and stuff. Is it not like that in P5?

Nothing as hard and might requires internet help to solve like P4.

Right choices are pretty obvious and iirc the game let's you save before making them.

Ponn

Banned
You can't really fault the game then. He is literally the easiest to rank up besides Ryuji and Ann.

Oh I'm not faulting the game, I'm just calling Mishima an asshole. Ryuiji is the easiest to max and he was done way early and standing alone at those stairs for months.

And goddamnit two hours later and I'm grinding this last bit of dungeon just to make
Michael

bunkitz

You can pretty much max all of them but Haru's. And you can pump kindness by using Fortune's stat boosting ability + doing Ohya's confidant / watching DVDs, so I wouldn't write off Sojiro yet.

Doesn't Ohya's increase Charm? Or will it eventually change to Kindness? Related question, but does the stat boosting work for actions that would have given you three notes even without the boost?

Can someone tell me when the last day is you can level confidants? No spoilers please, I just want to have an idea how many days I have left. I'm at the start of the 6th palace.

broz0rs

Also giving your plant nutrients, which doesn't take any time from your day.

Arrrammis

Is there any reason to keep Arsene? I used him to create a new persona early on, and now after beating the
4th
palace I summoned him again and leveled him a bit, but
the stats screen says he won't learn any new moves (he's lvl. 12 at the moment, rest of my personas are high 20's/low 30's)

SP replenishment can become a joke really quickly in the game. Just level the death confidant as quickly as you can and get half off SP replenish accessories. Then you get SP per turn.

Part of the strategy of the game though is obviously taking into account your SP levels and not going heavy on the magic if you don't need toe specially in the first 2 dungeons. Attack when you can.
i'm going back to the real world now, took me a while to figure out how, then after that, which one is the death confidant? can i get what i need from them before facing the boss?
Take it easy, the limited SP is there as a mechanic to encourage you to approach palaces in multiple expeditions instead of trying to beat them in one go. That integrates SP management during battles as something else to take into consideration. You can however bypass this later with specific accessories.

As for the palace, well, you're aiming to get to the top of it basically. Not sure what else to say because I'm not sure at what point of it you're right now, but note that you won't be facing the boss the same day you reach the treasure room. The game will make you go back to the real world and tackle it the next day.
so getting the treasure and fighting the boss has to be done separately, and the first thing you do is get the treasure. how prepared to i need to be for this stuff?
Hp/sp management is difficult early on so don't worry too much about that. Just get to the farthest safe room you can before you exhaust your resources and at that point just leave the dungeon and come back the next day so you can replenish your stuff. Some of the sodas in vending machines around town also sell sp recovery items.
Don't worry about trying to finish every dungeon on the first day they're available either. It's worth missing a little bit of free time to avoid banging your head against a wall.
Also general advice is to frequently be fusing new personas that are strong against the elements enemies in the palace are using or ones that can exploit enemies weaknesses.
You'll get there eventually, and if need be you can always turn down the difficulty in spots where you're getting frustrated and turn it back up later if you feel it's gotten too easy.
i just wanna be done with this kamoshida mothafucker and move the fuck on with the story already. he's the first minor villain, i get that, i don't like him and i wanna just get the story going ya know.

i think i found the place to get back to the real world, the gate of the castle, also for the fusions, i'm in the dream thing, with an agathion and a bicorn what's the difference between normal fusion and fuse by result?
Use the map. If you have not been somewhere, go there. As long as you move forward you can't miss the boss.

If you are out of SP, leave for the day and come back. You are not supposed to do it all in one go.

Put it on easy, you can adjust back later if you get the hang of it.

If you are really desperate, find an enemy that puts you to sleep. This sounds bad but actually heals you up and gives you SP.
yeah i might have to take it down to easy difficulty. it took me a while just to figure out how to get out of the castle and back in the real world

Xeteh

Is there any reason to keep Arsene? I used him to create a new persona early on, and now after beating the
4th
the stats screen says he won't learn any new moves (he's lvl. 12 at the moment, rest of my personas are high 20's/low 30's)

Nope, Personas are meant to be swapped out constantly.

StMeph

Finally platted the game last night.

Took about 95 hours for the first game, and then almost 50 for NG+ because I didn't max all Confidants in the first run, and so had to wait for the game-gated unlocks to kick in for the last Confidant, which was weeks after I'd finished everything else.

MVPs:

I'm still kind of tempted to get Kaguya, even though I have no reason to need or use her after finishing the game twice.

Edit: I guess that Alice image isn't the most current because I made her my trash sweeper and swapped in Victory Cry for Enduring Soul

vkrili

4th

This isn't Pokemon. Demons are meant to be used and abused.

Vic_Viper

So im trying to fuse the Flauros Persona for the Twins. I know I need 3 different Personas for the fusion but I only have Berith in my compendium. Im already past the 3rd Palace in game so im not running into the other 2 anymore.
Andras and Eligor

Anyone know what I should do to find them again or maybe fuse some other low level Personas I might have in the compendium? I cant seem to find much help by searching online so far.

BouncyFrag

I finished this the other night and was blown away with
how how the last boss played out after you thought all was lost.
I started ng+ but wasn't feeling it. I dug out my PSTV and have started P4G. I didn't like it a few years ago but then I was clueless about the series before P5.

Arrrammis

i'm going back to the real world now, took me a while to figure out how, then after that, which one is the death confidant? can i get what i need from them before facing the boss?
I don't think you'll be able to get many SP restoring Items yet. The death persona is the back alley doctor near the Cafe, but you'll need to get her to rank 5 (IIRC) to get SP items, which require lvl. 3 guts. Still, she sells a lot of hp and stat items which should be pretty helpful.

so getting the treasure and fighting the boss has to be done separately, and the first thing you do is get the treasure. how prepared to i need to be for this stuff?
i just wanna be done with this kamoshida mothafucker and move the fuck on with the story already. he's the first minor villain, i get that, i don't like him and i wanna just get the story going ya know.

i think i found the place to get back to the real world, the gate of the castle, also for the fusions, i'm in the dream thing, with an agathion and a bicorn what's the difference between normal fusion and fuse by result?
yeah i might have to take it down to easy difficulty. it took me a while just to figure out how to get out of the castle and back in the real world

It all takes a which to get used to. For fusions, the "normal fusion" and "fuse by result" just list the same options in a different order, "normal fusion" lets you choose which personas you want to use and tells you want you'll get from them, "fuse by result" tells you what personas you can get and then tells you what you'll need to fuse.

Also, have you had a 4th character join your party? You'll end up going into the palace a few times before that happens in somewhat scripted sequences, once they join you then that's the point where the real dungeon crawl begins.

Nope, Personas are meant to be swapped out constantly.

This isn't Pokemon. Demons are meant to be used and abused.
Ok then. I thought that maybe since (confidant spoilers)
Leveling confidants up to lvl. 10 gave them a super powered persona, there would be some event that triggered Arsene to power up since he's the main character's original persona.

Top Bottom