• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

My take on Ryuji, which is a character I've already said I really like.

He is probably the second time that you meet and the first one to fully accept you. Well, I mean, he is already an outcast so why would it matter if he hangs out with the transfer student that eats babies for breakfast?

He is angry, and troubled, and it's found quite early on how he is called the "traitor"
of the track team (which is bullshit anyway, fuck the track team) and, despite all those things, he still goes to the Palace thinking they've actually been kidnapped.

During the first arc, you see both good Ryuji and angry Ryuji quite a bit. He is the one that fucks it up and makes Kamoshida want to expel you two. Can't say I didn't want to punch him in the face after what happened to Shiho.

The main interactions with the rest of the cast are Morgana and Ann. I didn't remember it during my first playthrough, but Morgana is quite mean to him for no reason and...
most of the time he doesn't really strike back. The only times when he calls out Morgana is when he is all condescendent and bossy, tells you what to do and ends the dialogue saying "I think?".

When it comes to Ann, he is quite caring too. He is socially inept to a degree due to his temper, and he is quite harsh to Ann when she wants to join the group, but he is just worried about her and this is shown multiple times.

You've probably started his Confidant too: you only have him and Tae available at the time. The whole Confidant is a test to his pacient and a showcase of his good intentions. He states that he doesn't want to go back at the track team, yet he helps both certain members and the team as a whole without asking anything back. He doesn't want to go back to the team after all

During the second arc and onward, he is the character that usually is the most pushy about changing someone's heart. He doesn't hide in any moment that he wants to get some payback at those shitty adults, including Shido; or that he'd love if the PT are famous. Seeing how he is the only character whose "conflict" doesn't get resolved, I don't find it that strange. I think I already sold it before. He has all the boxes marked to be looking for external recognition: bad grades, bullied at school, nobody gives a crap about him. A person like that will often try to stand out because, no matter what you say, being treated like crap by most people of your own age affects you, and in the end you want people to recognize you, even if it's only to show them how wrong they are.

Things keep scalating and the group get caught in their own recognition. Both Ann and Ryuji fuck up by saying "omg it's so cool we are the PT! we should tell everybody!
(add a "to get them girls" in Ryuji's case). Even Makoto, who brings some extra needed order and authority to the group, and Yusuke, who is... well Yusuke, get caught in that.

After Palace 5 and everything that happens, you actually see him reflecting and finding out he was no different that the people whose hearts he wanted to change. And,
yeah, he half asses the apologise to Morgana, but I'd half ass it too if a group of people only wanted ME to apologize. Wish the game would have allowed to call out both before and force them to solve their problems.

And... well, after Palace 6 there really isn't any problem with him, really.

I can get it. Some people don't like him. They may think he is annoying and all. But people often overblow his flaws and ignore everything else. He is a consistent character that gets some development and becomes a more fully realized person as the game advances.

His interactions with Ann are great too. I really liked when they're just chilling out somewhere at school and he says something like "I didn't know you were that cool when we were at middle school".

One of my favorite characters in the game. He behaves like a total bro, but he doesn't lick your balls like Yosuke. Hanging out with him actually has a positive impact in his life and by the end of his Confidant he manages to solve his problems without going to Mementos (something that happens with most party members, which is great and empowers the "I don't need to be a PT to change society" message.

Yeah, I loved his story line, being a politician
that got to the Diet too young,
and only due to his own personal gain. He then gets kicked out because of corruption charges (some which aren't actually theirs) and when he gets the chance to tell the world he didn't do them, or to just join the party and choose the safe but slow route,
he says "fuck it" and goes to the elections as an independent.

I pushed myself to finish him because in a game as political as Persona 5, it felt like I should. But I was pleasantly surprised at how good he was. I wish there were actual politicians that were like him in RL :l

This is an excellent, excellent analysis of Ryuji. The people that play the entirety of this game and still hate him with zeal prove only that they couldn't properly digest his character and are mistreating him just as misguidedly as the other characters in the story.

Recall

My Kindnes is too low to do
Futaba's
social links. Any help to raise it quickly? The looking after my plant route hasn't done me well :(

Pundere

Is it just me or does (post palace 6 spoilers)
Joker escaping the police station
have some absurd contrivances/unexplained holes?

How did Sae get him out of a police station filled with cops who know he's the leader of the Thieves? They completely gloss over it with "I got him out and then got a cab to dump him off at LeBlanc I guess" and never mention it again.

Similarly how did NO ONE in the police station, including the conspiratorial masterminds behind it all, realize there wasn't a body??? Was there not anybody who's job it is to clean up corpses or something? Did everyone see the fake death report and decide to never open that door into the interrogation room ever again? The entire police force must be either corrupt or incompetent to an outrageous degree for it to make sense.

That whole part feels like it needed to be explained way better, but it's already essentially a 60+ minute cutscene so I don't even know what they could do with it.

Mailbox

My Kindnes is too low to do
Futaba's
social links. Any help to raise it quickly? The looking after my plant route hasn't done me well :(

You can gain kindness from working at the flower shop.
Also find video games that up kindness, and buy books that up kindness and rent dvd's the up kindness.

Unfortunately kindness is kinda tough to level up tbh.

How did Sae get him out of a police station filled with cops who know he's the leader of the Thieves? They completely gloss over it with "I got him out and then got a cab to dump him off at LeBlanc I guess" and never mention it again.

Similarly how did NO ONE in the police station, including the conspiratorial masterminds behind it all, realize there wasn't a body??? Was there not anybody who's job it is to clean up corpses or something? Did everyone see the fake death report and decide to never open that door into the interrogation room ever again? The entire police force must be either corrupt or incompetent to an outrageous degree for it to make sense.

That whole part feels like it needed to be explained way better, but it's already essentially a 60+ minute cutscene so I don't even know what they could do with it.

Yeah, this bugged me too. The whole thing was just to have a
gotcha! moment for the game's framing device, but it STILL had a lot of holes in it and had to be explained like three separate times. A gotcha! moment should be elegant, and it shouldn't take longer to explain than it does to appreciate.

It also bugged me from the perspective of someone who studied criminal justice, because
Akechi's attempted murder of the protagonist is the shoddiest, most rushed hack job in existence, and Akechi should've known better than to think that would pass for a murder-suicide. There were no signs of struggle with the officer, there would be no fingerprints on the slide of the gun (which would've been grabbed had the protag actually disarmed him), there was no gunpowder residue on the protag's hand, the placement and facing of the officer's body doesn't make sense from where the protag presumably would've shot him from, the gunshot wound in the protag's head was too clean and straight to have been self-inflicted in the center of his forehead like that, he in all likelihood wouldn't still be holding the weapon in his hand...
Like there's SO MUCH that just bothers me about it.

Pundere

gotcha! moment for the game's framing device, but it STILL had a lot of holes in it and had to be explained like three separate times. A gotcha! moment should be elegant, and it shouldn't take longer to explain than it does to appreciate.

It also bugged me from the perspective of someone who studied criminal justice, because
Akechi's attempted murder of the protagonist is the shoddiest, most rushed hack job in existence, and Akechi should've known better than to think that would pass for a murder-suicide. There were no signs of struggle with the officer, there would be no fingerprints on the slide of the gun (which would've been grabbed had the protag actually disarmed him), there was no gunpowder residue on the protag's hand, the placement and facing of the officer's body doesn't make sense from where the protag presumably would've shot him from, the gunshot wound in the protag's head was too clean and straight to have been self-inflicted in the center of his forehead like that, he in all likelihood wouldn't still be holding the weapon in his hand...
Only real explanation is that
Akechi knows none if that will matter if the coroner isn't ever going to see the bodies and anyone who might raise objections could be silenced.

It works, but it's still INCREDIBLY dumb. Especially since
Akechi has been assassinating people for years now. You'd assume he'd be good at it.

Edit: Didn't
the gun have a silencer already on it? Why would a police officer guarding a prisoner even have a silenced weapon? It's not like it was concealed or anything, Akechi just grabs it off his waist.

While you are completely right, keep in mind that
Akechi doesn't really have any true experience as a detective since he is solving his own crimes. He's a angry kid at heart.
The real reason though is just that it looks more dramatic even if nonsensical.

zulux21

Very Late Game Igor question.

it's been to long since I have played the earlier persona games so I can't remember the original voice.... is this it, or is it just meant to be similar?

Opa-Pa

Very Late Game Igor question.

it's been to long since I have played the earlier persona games so I can't remember the original voice.... is this it, or is it just meant to be similar?

It's a different person trying to sound similar, which is... Really silly IMO.

Only reason I can think is that Atlus JP mandated it because they're petty, "If we can't have our Igor, neither can you!!"

zulux21

It's a different person trying to sound similar, which is... Really silly IMO.

Only reason I can think is that Atlus JP mandated it because they're petty, "If we can't have our Igor, neither can you!!"

ah thanks for the response.
at the very least (more late game Igor stuff)
the drastic change to igor's voice makes sense now lol.
who knew it would be a plot point :p

ubiblu

Just finishing up the second last palace. Having maxed most confidants on this playthrough, i've found the experience to be far less tedious. It's also been amazing to play the game in English and actually have a complete grasp of what I am reading; localisation is on point, despite what a lot of people have been saying. Having grown up for many years in Japan, i've got no issue with direct transcription of wonky Japanese sentence structure, though the misinterpretations of who the speaker/recipient is a bit silly.

Long story short, this game exudes a visual and auditory style completely unmatched in at least the last 20 years. Truly a game for the ages. My JP playthrough solidified the game as my then GOAT, replacing Okami after ten years, but unfortunately BotW robbed that crown after only six months. A pity, because this game is so close to perfection it's not funny.

It is truly an incredible time to be a gamer. Not since the late 90's can I remember so many quality video games being released.

He is probably the second time that you meet and the first one to fully accept you. Well, I mean, he is already an outcast so why would it matter if he hangs out with the transfer student that eats babies for breakfast?

He is angry, and troubled, and it's found quite early on how he is called the "traitor"
of the track team (which is bullshit anyway, fuck the track team) and, despite all those things, he still goes to the Palace thinking they've actually been kidnapped.

During the first arc, you see both good Ryuji and angry Ryuji quite a bit. He is the one that fucks it up and makes Kamoshida want to expel you two. Can't say I didn't want to punch him in the face after what happened to Shiho.

The main interactions with the rest of the cast are Morgana and Ann. I didn't remember it during my first playthrough, but Morgana is quite mean to him for no reason and...
most of the time he doesn't really strike back. The only times when he calls out Morgana is when he is all condescendent and bossy, tells you what to do and ends the dialogue saying "I think?".

When it comes to Ann, he is quite caring too. He is socially inept to a degree due to his temper, and he is quite harsh to Ann when she wants to join the group, but he is just worried about her and this is shown multiple times.

You've probably started his Confidant too: you only have him and Tae available at the time. The whole Confidant is a test to his pacient and a showcase of his good intentions. He states that he doesn't want to go back at the track team, yet he helps both certain members and the team as a whole without asking anything back. He doesn't want to go back to the team after all

During the second arc and onward, he is the character that usually is the most pushy about changing someone's heart. He doesn't hide in any moment that he wants to get some payback at those shitty adults, including Shido; or that he'd love if the PT are famous. Seeing how he is the only character whose "conflict" doesn't get resolved, I don't find it that strange. I think I already sold it before. He has all the boxes marked to be looking for external recognition: bad grades, bullied at school, nobody gives a crap about him. A person like that will often try to stand out because, no matter what you say, being treated like crap by most people of your own age affects you, and in the end you want people to recognize you, even if it's only to show them how wrong they are.

Things keep scalating and the group get caught in their own recognition. Both Ann and Ryuji fuck up by saying "omg it's so cool we are the PT! we should tell everybody!
(add a "to get them girls" in Ryuji's case). Even Makoto, who brings some extra needed order and authority to the group, and Yusuke, who is... well Yusuke, get caught in that.

After Palace 5 and everything that happens, you actually see him reflecting and finding out he was no different that the people whose hearts he wanted to change. And,
yeah, he half asses the apologise to Morgana, but I'd half ass it too if a group of people only wanted ME to apologize. Wish the game would have allowed to call out both before and force them to solve their problems.

And... well, after Palace 6 there really isn't any problem with him, really.

I can get it. Some people don't like him. They may think he is annoying and all. But people often overblow his flaws and ignore everything else. He is a consistent character that gets some development and becomes a more fully realized person as the game advances.

His interactions with Ann are great too. I really liked when they're just chilling out somewhere at school and he says something like "I didn't know you were that cool when we were at middle school".

One of my favorite characters in the game. He behaves like a total bro, but he doesn't lick your balls like Yosuke. Hanging out with him actually has a positive impact in his life and by the end of his Confidant he manages to solve his problems without going to Mementos (something that happens with most party members, which is great and empowers the "I don't need to be a PT to change society" message.

Yeah, I loved his story line, being a politician
that got to the Diet too young,
and only due to his own personal gain. He then gets kicked out because of corruption charges (some which aren't actually theirs) and when he gets the chance to tell the world he didn't do them, or to just join the party and choose the safe but slow route,
he says "fuck it" and goes to the elections as an independent.

I pushed myself to finish him because in a game as political as Persona 5, it felt like I should. But I was pleasantly surprised at how good he was. I wish there were actual politicians that were like him in RL :l
Preach man! I've been on Ryuji's side from the beginning and both him and Morgana get such overblown hate. I'm only in Nov. so I can't read the spoilers but I finished his SL and thought it was quite good. A solid arc showing how much he can come to care for people and does understand and accept flaws. Can't wait to read your analysis!

Oh my god the fucking (late game spoilers)
Shiro fight. The fucking hand of justice/wage war while he reflects physical combo was unbelievable. Thank God I got a tip for using Haru to reflect everything.
The item juggling and party swapping I was doing for the other phases was unreal though, added by the tension I had only saved 5 hours earlier so I needed to find a way to beat him with what I had. Good boss fight, haven't felt that on edge for a while.

And poster who wrote a lot on Ryuji (which I haven't​ read since I'm not finished) I agree with you. Surprised he's actually getting any hate. The cast in 5 is strong, if maybe not as lovable as previous ones, but I like all of them, which is better than 3 and 4 managed (you dropped the ball Yosuke and Ken)

Okay I did warm up on Yosuke but for real Ken is bleh.

Christ, I wish I'd gotten these SP recovery accessories earlier. I'm in the 4th palace and I feel like having one on everyone instead of just the MC would make all of this a complete breeze.

Morgana gets over blown hate I agree, most everyone's issue with her (the go to bed thing) is atlus shitty design choice and Morgana is a victim of that.

Ryuji deserves all the hate he gets and more, I don't care what kind of arc he has he starts as a shitty unlikeable character and grows into a slightly less but still shitty unlikeable character.

I also hate the lack of consistency with his story (palace 7 spoilers)
early in the game its implied kamoshida hurt his leg and that's a part of why he left track. He even falls during palace 1. Suddenly in palace 7 he volunteers to get the boat since he's the fastest. Funny thing is this is one of the few times an slink feels mandatory since we work with ryuji to start building up his stamina again, course he didn't return to the track team so how much did he actually work on that speed *shrug*

Mailbox

Morgana gets over blown hate I agree, most everyone's issue with her (the go to bed thing) is atlus shitty design choice and Morgana is a victim of that.

Ryuji deserves all the hate he gets and more, I don't care what kind of arc he has he starts as a shitty unlikeable character and grows into a slightly less but still shitty unlikeable character.

early in the game its implied kamoshida hurt his leg and that's a part of why he left track. He even falls during palace 1. Suddenly in palace 7 he volunteers to get the boat since he's the fastest. Funny thing is this is one of the few times an slink feels mandatory since we work with ryuji to start building up his stamina again, course he didn't return to the track team so how much did he actually work on that speed *shrug*

uh... theres no lack of consistancy there.
technically he could still be the fastest on the team, but thats not really the point of that scene. We see that his leg still hurts and despite that he works through the pain in the place 7 escape. Basically that whole scene is meant to be in complete contrast to the first escape.

Sorry but Ryuji is a bro and a good character. I really don't get why you have some burning vendetta on him.

also, not caring about a characters arc because you think they "start shitty" is super narrow minded of you.(edit, i mean that I agree with RalchAC's analysis. Ryuji acts selflessly a surprising amount in the game, and the guy's been through a lot. I'd probably be just as pent up and angry if all my old friends treated me like some traitor and a teacher broke my leg and was abusing the other students. Hell, i'd probably act out worse than Ryuji did.)

Is the low chance on Mamudo worth having it? Do people find it's actually effective?

Only if its Mamudoon or you are up against enemies weak to curse. Otherwise i wouldn't bother.

Mzo

3 palaces in and the only weak character is Ann and her horribly pronounced name. She hasn't added much to the cast at all and is constantly the butt of sexual innuendo and jokes, completely tine deaf to her earlier trauma. It's a mess.

Mediking

3 palaces in and the only weak character is Ann and her horribly pronounced name. She hasn't added much to the cast at all and is constantly the butt of sexual innuendo and jokes, completely tine deaf to her earlier trauma. It's a mess.

Funny. I've also recently beat the 3rd Palace and I think Ann is a crazy good character. And what the hell about the tone deaf to her earlier trauma??? She mentions how she visits Shiho in the hospital almost all the time! Hell, remember what she told Makoto about her feelings on Kamoshida???

She keeps the group grounded too. Not in the same way that Makoto does but in her own way.

Mailbox

you probably missed something, since (at least looking back) Ann is handled decently well wrt how sexuality is used.

If she is in control of her body and how she looks in a given moment, she embraces it and owns it (this is especially true in a scene you haven't seen yet). If she isn't in control and people are just perving out and sexually exploiting her in some way, she hates it a lot.

Keeping this in mind, Ann is super consistent. And her past trauma doesn't mean that she has to be sexually fragile or anything.

(mind you, this is just how i took the character. I guess ymmv but whatevs.)

I also don't get the "horribly pronounced name" part. is it the Ann or is it the Takamaki part? because i never had an issue. Definitely not a "sakAmato" issue if thats what you mean.

Funny. I've also recently beat the 3rd Palace and I think Ann is a crazy good character. And what the hell about the tone deaf to her earlier trauma??? She mentions how she visits Shiho in the hospital almost all the time! Hell, remember what she told Makoto about her feelings on Kamoshida???

She keeps the group grounded too. Not in the same way that Makoto does but in her own way.

Edit: I agree with mediking here.

Rizzi

I'm in the 5th palace now.
Haru seems useful as hell. Not clear on how she actually had a Persona before she awakened though.

Mailbox

I'm in the 5th palace now.
Haru seems useful as hell. Not clear on how she actually had a Persona before she awakened though.

it seems more like a "she was sorta on board with her true self but not fully"
sort of deal. Like she had a persona, but it was weak since she didn't fully embrace it and by extension herself.

Like... she has a spirit of rebellion (outfit) but wasn't able to realize its full meaning until the whole fiancee thing happened

edit: if you remember, her persona was "properly awakened" by a betrayal. That was probably what was initially holding her back in some way.

silva1991

Beating the reaper solo at low level feels so good.

Now I need to actually beat him in Persona 3 for once. I never unlocked that secret dungeon :(

Mailbox

Beating the reaper solo at low level feels so good.

Now I need to actually beat him in Persona 3 for once. I never unlocked that secret dungeon :(

edit: never mind, i just remembered that you mean that you need to beat the reaper to get into Monad
ugh, memory not working properly :p

Bladenic

Makoto's evolved Persona = lame

Yusuke's = dope

However I feel most of their base personas have been cooler. In fact I think all of theirs are cooler. Maybe Ann's evolved is slightly better?

Anyway, bout to go into the fifth dungeon. I've made the fortune teller filthy rich with my usage of the affinity reading. Got Knowledge and Charm maxed, rest at 4. Chariot, Lovers, Sun, Devil, Priestess, Emperor, Death maxed (don't think I'm forgetting any). Rest are going well, most of the ones not maxed are story/Automatic ones. Feeling pretty good about maxing them all.

Mailbox

Yusuke's = dope

However I feel most of their base personas have been cooler. In fact I think all of theirs are cooler. Maybe Ann's evolved is slightly better?

Anyway, bout to go into the fifth dungeon. I've made the fortune teller filthy rich with my usage of the affinity reading. Got Knowledge and Charm maxed, rest at 4. Chariot, Lovers, Sun, Devil, Priestess, Emperor, Death maxed (don't think I'm forgetting any). Rest are going well, most of the ones not maxed are story/Automatic ones. Feeling pretty good about maxing them all.

I don't mind Makoto's evolved persona tbh.
Ann's is... weird, but i got used to it and ended up liking it over time. ymmv on it though.
I don't like Morgana's or Ryuji's though.

The base personas are definitely cooler all around though

does completing palace 7 lead to a cutoff or can I finish it asap and squeeze all my social link stuff in?

Finish it asap. The cut off happens automatically at a set date, so don't worry.

I beat Palace 7 in 1 go. I wasted my only SP heal items... I didn't get any more after that...
needless to say that the stuff that came later was tough for me lol.

Mzo

I haven't seen Unn contribute much at all, so maybe I did miss something. I admit I haven't gotten very far in her social link. I do remember one scene where she went to sleep so the important characters could talk about their commonly affected pasts, complete with other characters leaning over for an upskirt peek (completely in tone with what's been happening to her I guess.) I already know way more about Makoto and find her way more interesting. Maybe it's just me, since in a similar way I don't understand the Ryuji hate.

Man that was a long ass fight *Palace 7 spoilers*
Shit was some straight up Dragonball Z type shit. Fought that thing dude for like an hour and almost ran out of SP twice. Had to use that Soma I got in the previous palace.

I didn't realize I could hate mice or hallways nearly as much as I do now

Yusuke's = dope

Are the evolved ones a story thing or something I have to do on the side

EndMerit

Rank 5 of Futaba's confidant... is probably the best conversation I've seen in any Persona game.
"Whoa, that's the first time I've heard anyone actually say that out loud... Kek!"
"This overwhelmingly forgettable appearance, generic speech style, and total lack of sex appeal... Nishima... Are you an NPC!?"
"Anyways, I'm glad you spawned here! I killed two promises with one Nishima today!"
I love Futaba and hate Mishima more and more every day.

MC pretended to be a corpse.The police saw the body and didn't do any examination. Sae got him out during or after the transport to corpse room or whatever room they used to store dead body.

playing ng+ just a week after i beat it the first time and i find myself still not skipping most scenes. in the first palace
ryuji and ann's awakenings are amazing.
cant believe botw came out this year because its crazy that this game isn't my goty.

one reason i enjoyed p3 & p4 more than p5 is the story. in this case, you can't even afford to think about this for more than a few seconds, & just gotta say 'oh, okay' & immediately move on. yeah, they were shooting for something clever, & i can see what it was, but the way they chose to do it has holes in it a 747 could fly through :) ...

MC pretended to be a corpse.The police saw the body and didn't do any examination. Sae got him out during or after the transport to corpse room or whatever room they used to store dead body.

& who played the dead guard? :) ...

StereoVsn

You can gain kindness from working at the flower shop.
Also find video games that up kindness, and buy books that up kindness and rent dvd's the up kindness.

Unfortunately kindness is kinda tough to level up tbh.
Also there is the burger challenge and diner has that kindness meal.

& who played the dead guard? :) ...

Probably a random corpse or Sae lied she had already cleaned up the guard corpse, or came up with a story that the guard was part of the corrupted police force so no one was killed? I mean at that point they only need needed to confirm MC dead so they wouldn't care about some random NPC dead body, Akechi probably didn't communicate to the police force after killed MC. Idk.

PK Gaming

This is a good post.

This too. I can't believe I forgot that.

Edit: Then again, the "police were in on it" does a decent job of justifying his haphazard set up

There's no implication, Kamoshida broke his leg.

And there's no lack of consistency. This happened months ago, and he's been building up speed since then... Even outside of his confidant, he's always going to the gym and training. It's not like this doesn't happen when you don't hang out with him.

EDIT: Also you can visibly see that his leg is still affected both in that cutscene and after the first arc cutscene.

Probably a random corpse or Sae lied she had already cleaned up the guard corpse, or came up with a story that the guard was part of the corrupted police force so no one was killed? I mean at that point they only need needed to confirm MC dead so they wouldn't care about some random NPC dead body, Akechi probably didn't communicate to the police force after killed MC. Idk.

sorry, but this's just ludicrous :) ...

as mentioned above: a true 'twist' is only as effective as it is smoothly carried out. if you've gotta require the audience to jump through the multiple hoops you're describing to get your 'twist' to function, you've already blown it :) ...

Sorian

Banned
In regards to what everyone is talking about 11/21 spoilers:
You all know the police were in on it too right? Like it doesn't matter that Akechi didn't really make it look like a suicide, the only incompetence on their part was that they didn't realize there was no body at the morgue. That seemed like a hand wave on Sae's part but she did seem to have a lot of sway even if the police force seemed to generally hate her

In regards to what everyone is talking about 11/21 spoilers:
You all know the police were in on it too right? Like it doesn't matter that Akechi didn't really make it look like a suicide, the only incompetence on their part was that they didn't realize there was no body at the morgue. That seemed like a hand wave on Sae's part but she did seem to have a lot of sway even if the police force seemed to generally hate her

The game does have a throw away line about it
sae says they won't even bother checking the body since they just want to wrap things up quick and quietly

Top Bottom