• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Setreal

My Kindnes is too low to do
Futaba's
social links. Any help to raise it quickly? The looking after my plant route hasn't done me well :(

In addition to what others have mentioned - some of the confidants provide kindness at certain levels.
Hiero and Tower

Astral

You better make good use out of him.

He's quite the useful party member, after all

Of course YOU would say that. God I heard that in his voice lol. This whole Palace just gives off a very ominous atmosphere. It makes sense given that
it's the one you get caught in.
That and
Akechi's
suspicious ass makes me so uncomfortable.

When is a good time to do mementos? I feel like I haven't found a good time to do one

Wait till you have a ton of missions built up from Mishima and slinks. I only went to mementos like 5 times the whole game.

If that doesn't work for you go once after each dungeon to clear out missions and get to the new end of mementos. That way the next time you visit you can quickly find missions on older floors and focus most of your sp on the new, deepest level.

Wait till you have a ton of missions built up from Mishima and slinks. I only went to mementos like 5 times the whole game.

If that doesn't work for you go once after each dungeon to clear out missions and get to the new end of mementos. That way the next time you visit you can quickly find missions on older floors and focus most of your sp on the new, deepest level.

Ok I think I have like 3 or 4 missions. Will wait for one more.

hemo memo

Gold Member

No time limit on old request? so I can clear like 10 requests at once? Becuase I went to mementos for each request :/

vypek

I can feel I'm about to lose a ton of progress in mementos cause of a ridiculously hard boss. Honestly might end up turning the game to safety if I end up reloading.

Does a party wide energy drop exist?

pixxxelz

I can feel I'm about to lose a ton of progress in mementos cause of a ridiculously hard boss. Honestly might end up turning the game to safety if I end up reloading.

Does a party wide energy drop exist?
I think I know which boss you're talking about lol. Also yes, energy shower, makoto has it.

vypek

I think I know which boss you're talking about lol. Also yes, energy shower, makoto has it.

I wonder if Makoto has that skill in my game. I'll have to check. She was always brainwashed anyways and she is weak to one of the boss spells. I'm guessing they are being "kind" by having the main character not be brainwashed.

Fuck this boss. Lol. A fucking huge jump in difficulty compared to all the others.

EDIT: So brainwash isn't just like confusion? You are guaranteed to aid the opponent no matter what?

...Fuck. I just realized I'm going to lose a ton of Futaba lines on restart

EDIT 2: Learning a very harsh lesson in status effects for this series. lol. Guess I can't leave despair on its own

Raxus

The gimmick in dungeon 7 is tedious.

Yeah, Sad thing is I love
talking to the passengers trying to weed out the letters
, it is just those in between areas draaaag the palace out. If they edited 1-2 of those sections out and not make it feel like ages to get to certain parts it would have broke the 'odd and even' curse this game seems to have

Astral

I have no idea what moves to replace for Makoto. They're all so useful. I have Nuke Boost coming up and I have Dekunda, Mafreila, Mediarama, Diarama, Rakukaja, Freila, Evade Psy, and Flash Bomb. They're all so useful.

Shoeless

I wonder if Makoto has that skill in my game. I'll have to check. She was always brainwashed anyways and she is weak to one of the boss spells. I'm guessing they are being "kind" by having the main character not be brainwashed.

Fuck this boss. Lol. A fucking huge jump in difficulty compared to all the others.

EDIT: So brainwash isn't just like confusion? You are guaranteed to aid the opponent no matter what?

...Fuck. I just realized I'm going to lose a ton of Futaba lines on restart

EDIT 2: Learning a very harsh lesson in status effects for this series. lol. Guess I can't leave despair on its own

On the other hand, despair is amazing when you get it to stick on enemies and spend a few turns regenning your SP.

Speaking of despair, I've finished the game, loved it, it's probably my GOTY. Is there a spell with a high chance of inflicting despair? The one I leaned on most, Absymal Surge had a medium chance, and I used a scimitar and whip on Morgana and Ann that had a high chance of despair ailment.

gryvan

I have no idea what moves to replace for Makoto. They're all so useful. I have Nuke Boost coming up and I have Dekunda, Mafreila, Mediarama, Diarama, Rakukaja, Freila, Evade Psy, and Flash Bomb. They're all so useful.

Think you can replace flash bomb. I just made makoto a pure magic/support build

vypek

On the other hand, despair is amazing when you get it to stick on enemies and spend a few turns regenning your SP.

Speaking of despair, I've finished the game, loved it, it's probably my GOTY. Is there a spell with a high chance of inflicting despair? The one I leaned on most, Absymal Surge had a medium chance, and I used a scimitar and whip on Morgana and Ann that had a high chance of despair ailment.

I haven't been able to get it to stick to an enemy yet. Incidentally, a brainwashed Mona melee'd Ryuji and gave him despair since the weapon has a chance of that. I figured I could leave Ryuji to handle the despair in hopes that the boss wouldn't try to do a group brainwash for if a status effect was still there.

thanks game

IZycQc2l.png

Shoeless

I haven't been able to get it to stick to an enemy yet. Incidentally, a brainwashed Mona melee'd Ryuji and gave him despair since the weapon has a chance of that. I figured I could leave Ryuji to handle the despair in hopes that the boss wouldn't try to do a group brainwash for if a status effect was still there.

I found about how despair works the hard way when it hit the MC in a fight. I figured, "Hell, you can afford to stay depressed for one fight," and ignored.

Atlus is trying to tell everyone that depression is serious and you should not, under any circumstances, ignore it if someone important to you is depressed. This is what the game has taught me.

RPGCrazied

END GAME SPOILERS

Does this game have more
than one ending??

I was giving a choice by igor to refuse or accept, I accepted and watching credits now. I wonder what happens if I refuse.

gdt

So I've never played a Persona game, this is my first.

What are some good spoiler free ish tips to get the most out of the game or avoid rookie mistakes (putting too many points into a skill, missing rewarding stuff, etc)

FHIZ

Final boss.

"Joker's forgotten everything, he can't summon his persona"

::passionate listener trophy pops::

"THANK GOD!"

gdt

Also the UI is too much shit. And there's this weird shit at the edges of the screen that makes the game look so ugly.

Menitta

On the 3rd Palace. Holy shit Makoto is sick. She'll be on my team for a while.

Also I'm amazed at how much better suited these characters are for a fighting game than the P3 and 4 cast. I love P4 arena but there needs to be a P5 Arena.

Finished this last night, and while I have a ton of thoughts I'm sure most would be reiterating what's been said a million times, so I'm just going to drop a couple things.

END GAME SPOILERS:
Akechi was great, for the most part. I mentioned earlier in this thread that his voice actor was knocking it out of the park with his performance in how much of a subtle jackass he was, even if you didn't notice pancakes, something seemed off. So I really enjoyed his boss battle where he lets loose with his battle calls, I couldn't even really tell it was the same dude, A+.

That said, his sendoff was...odd. Dude straight up murdered your friend's dad, and tried to murder you. I can understand the Theives sympathizing with him as someone who had a bad draw in life, but his big hero moment didn't really feel tonally appropriate for the character.

Everything from that point on was kind of the weakest part of the game. I liked the final calling card and the idea that bringing down Shido didn't really change anything, because the problem is more systemic, but the final Mementos Deep Dive could have been way shorter. I get what they were going for and trying to say, but another dungeon really killed a lot of momentum for me. Fake Igor was a nice reveal, but at that point the story was getting away from the characters a little bit. I did enjoy the run up to the tower and the final boss battle. I was a little worried they were just going to use Rivers in the Desert for the 50th time but the boss music was appropriately great, I enjoyed the version that plays when you summon Satan to save Christmas. I don't think either of the final boss themes stands up the ones from 3 or 4 though.

I really liked the ending with your confidants working together to get you out of juvie, driving home a nice message. The after credits scene made me smile, probably my favorite ending for modern persona.

What are some good spoiler free ish tips to get the most out of the game or avoid rookie mistakes (putting too many points into a skill, missing rewarding stuff, etc)

Never hold on to persona's for too long. Always easier to keep fusing them up and take the important skills to a new persona. Way easier to fuse to get strong personas than leveling them up.

LuuKyK

Christ, I wish I'd gotten these SP recovery accessories earlier. I'm in the 4th palace and I feel like having one on everyone instead of just the MC would make all of this a complete breeze.

Which accessory is that? And where do i get one? SP managing has become quite annoying for me too.

Shoeless

Prioritize your main character's health and ailment status in combat. It's game over if the main character dies in combat, regardless of how well everyone else is doing, so if he's low, or gets hit with a status ailment that can eventually lead to death, deal with it ASAP, otherwise a run of the mill random encounter could end your dungeon run.

Ponn

Banned
Ok, today's the day. Been putting it off because I know Persona 5 will be shelved for awhile once I beat it the first time but its time to move on for awhile. I'm saved right before what i'm assuming is the final boss. 118 hours, everyone I think is level 72, at least my main go to party is.

My Persona's are

Yoshitsune
Trumpeter (I have a soft spot for this guy ever since Persona 4)
Bishamonten (I just haven't fused him yet)
Siegfried
Yamata-no-Orochi (same as Bish, just haven't fused yet, want Kali but no cash)
Gabriel (was hoping to fuse Michael but would take some grinding and i'm low on supplies)
Cybele
Baal
Satan (woo go Satan!)
Throne
Kohryu

I really wanted
Lucifer
but that asshole Mishima being flaky blocked my
moon and getting Sandalphon
progress so i'm SOL on that front. I knew this wouldn't be my last or perfect run but still, fuck Mishima. Is there anyone else I should try to get thats possible right now or is my party good to go?

Gorillaz

Finished up Man of the People/sun confidant. Only one so far maxed out. I really liked that side story wasn't expecting it from the first meet up. Wouldn't be surprised if it turns out my favorite in the end.

vypek

Which accessory is that? And where do i get one? SP managing has become quite annoying for me too.

That poster is talking about SP Adhesive. There are 3 variants to it and Takemi sells them for 100K or 50K if you have her confidant level high enough.

Mariip

Tae social link, it's a must-have if you eant to grind those dungeons in just a day
She'll sell sp adhesives, after rank 7 i think you get a discount so they'll cost only 50k

You should only do tasks that give +3 stats, like studyin on rainy days or bathing on monday and thursday(?) the medicinal bath days, don't waste your time training for hp, do dungeons as quick as possible and prioritize social links if tou want to get maximum value from story.
The fortune teller has great skills to help you max out links, and you should try to become friends with the medic and the shogi player if you want to have an easier time :)

For dungeons, try to have personas without stats weakness or with a lot nul/rpl on those..especially for curse and light magics so you don't ger ohko :)

Ok, today's the day. Been putting it off because I know Persona 5 will be shelved for awhile once I beat it the first time but its time to move on for awhile. I'm saved right before what i'm assuming is the final boss. 118 hours, everyone I think is level 72, at least my main go to party is.

My Persona's are

Yoshitsune
Trumpeter (I have a soft spot for this guy ever since Persona 4)
Bishamonten (I just haven't fused him yet)
Siegfried
Yamata-no-Orochi (same as Bish, just haven't fused yet, want Kali but no cash)
Gabriel (was hoping to fuse Michael but would take some grinding and i'm low on supplies)
Cybele
Baal
Satan (woo go Satan!)
Throne
Kohryu

I really wanted
Lucifer
but that asshole Mishima being flaky blocked my
moon and getting Sandalphon
progress so i'm SOL on that front. I knew this wouldn't be my last or perfect run but still, fuck Mishima. Is there anyone else I should try to get thats possible right now or is my party good to go?
Mishima is one of the easiest confidants to hit rank 10 with...

Kohlstream

Neo Member
Just finished the game! Ended with 5 confidant's still at level 7-8 and one a level 2. I think because i concentrated on maxing out my teammate confidants and stats (guts, knowledge etc..) I ended up wasting a load of time. Did anyone manage to max out all of them?

SenkiDala

Finished the game yesterday (I played in normal, I like a little challenge but I don't like to spend hours in battles, even on bosses). Like at the end of P4G, the only other Persona game I played, I feel empty afterwards. :( An awesome game!

Well I still have to replay the game to get all the trophies I missed.

Silly question probably, I have SMTIV & Apo on 3DS but due to a huge backlog I haven't played them yet. I haven't played any SMT game before so I'd like to know, is that a lot like Persona? I heard it's more "dark" and brutal, there's no "friendships" or social links right? Sorry I know it's not the topic here!

Top Bottom