• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Got her to rank 7 and used it. Do I have to wait for it to take effect? I was hoping it would be immediate
It is immediate, but it's not an automatic move to the next rank. If Chihaya says that "your relationship should become stronger soon" after doing it that means they are ready to go. If not, you'll have to do it again. The affinity reading is basically giving you extra affinity points towards them without having to spend any time with them.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
If anyone doesn't have any plans today...

PDNm9NK.jpg

SlickVic

You get two questions per encounter, the first is supposed to let you feel out the style of answer that the Persona doesn't like. It's still weird and vague a lot of the time and if you guess wrong on the first question you still only have a 50/50 of guessing the "liked" response.

If you know an enemy can use Insta-kills of a specific element its probably a good idea to try and have a Persona that Resists that element at least.

Yeah I stopped bothering negotiating with that one. Just taking the All-out attack, xp, and finishing it off.

Not sure if I'm a bit inderlevelled for the third dungeon. About a third through it and my team is level 19-22. Got one SP adhesive 3 for MC though so hoping I get through it in a day.

muteki

So much plot towards the end of October...given what is going on I have a bit of a spoilerish question about time usage and Palace 6:

If I do the usual and clear the palace the first day it is available/asap, will I still have free time between then until the deadline? Or will I be "caught" and have time auto advance?

So much plot towards the end of October...given what is going on I have a bit of a spoilerish question about time usage and Palace 6:

If I do the usual and clear the palace the first day it is available/asap, will I still have free time between then until the deadline? Or will I be "caught" and have time auto advance?

You can find the treasure but you won't be allowed to send the calling card, once you see that you're even free to hang out with party memebrs until just before the deadline when you're forced to send the card.

vypek

End of day on 12/24
IDK who to pick!! I think I have a save right before so I guess I will see a few different scenes if I want

Lunar15

I was looking at the credits for the soundtrack, and I find it weird that they recorded real violins for the opening, last surprise, regret, and nothing else. They really could have used some real violins for Rivers in the Desert and the Final Boss theme.

Woo. Just need to beat
the Twins
for the Platinum now.
Satanael
is mine and thus Compendium Complete.

Valentine's Question:
What happens on 2/15 if you have exactly two lovers and chose one on 2/14? Is it the same as having a harem?

Yup.
Except that the scene is a tad odd because it's really not written for that scenario.

vypek

Just had the Valentine's scene. I feel kinda terrible but did enjoy the scene. Wish I didn't have to look up on YouTube to see the rest and there was a menu option to view the difference

Astral

Persona 6 should take place in grad school where you don't have enough time to max out social links or go to dungeons to save the world because you're too busy with school.

I haven't been able to touch this game in almost a week. Feels bad

This might've been answered already but spoilers for 11/20-11/21:
How did they coerce Akechi that the palace they killed MC in was fake? I'm aware that Sae's palace was a replica of the real world but Akechi being a Metaverse user, wouldn't he know?

This might not be technically correct but doesn't dying in the metaverse mean dying in real life too? Could've sworn Morgana said that real early in the game?

Also, how did they lead Akechi to go into the fake palace? In order to do it someone would've had to open up the app? Is this when Sae showed Akechi the fun, did she mysteriously open up the app and is that when Akechi went into the fake interrogation room?

This might've been answered already but spoilers for 11/20-11/21:
How did they coerce Akechi that the palace they killed MC in was fake? I'm aware that Sae's palace was a replica of the real world but Akechi being a Metaverse user, wouldn't he know?

This might not be technically correct but doesn't dying in the metaverse mean dying in real life too? Could've sworn Morgana said that real early in the game?

Also, how did they lead Akechi to go into the fake palace? In order to do it someone would've had to open up the app? Is this when Sae showed Akechi the fun, did she mysteriously open up the app and is that when Akechi went into the fake interrogation room?

Lategame Spoilers:

No coercion necessary - the immediate surroundings were exactly the same, and he was too preoccupied to really check if anything was different; not that he'd really noticed that he'd entered the Metaverse in the first place.

That is correct - if you're talking about their Shadow. The MC in Sae's palace was her Cognition of him, and not his shadow, therefore killing him would have no effect on the real MC.

Akechi entered Sae's palace when Futaba remotely started the app in the phone. Because it drags in all nearby, it works automatically on him, and he enters the cognitive interogation room instead of the real one.

Oh man.... just finished palace 4 yesterday and I absolutely love
Futaba and the new atmosphere she brought to the group. I liked how we got her to visit the beach too. It was great considering she's got a tough past and has been on a computer every god damn day.
Things are starting to really escalate in the plot now and I'm now in September. I got almost 60 hours and this game just keeps on giving. Man, I love this game and I'm pretty certain I'm gonna be sad when it is over even if I do a 2nd run.

vypek

Credits are rolling. A little sad that it's done. Same with a lot of long running games or series that come to an end.

Really like the drawings in the credits as well. Will probably start NG+ relatively soon. Really great game. :) Glad I decided to jump into this franchise

Kaizer

Banned
Well, it's 6/26, I finished the 3rd Palace in one go a few days ago and I think I'm finally starting to feel overwhelmed with all of my Confidants. So many damn options to choose from and advance - right now I'm focusing on Chihaya the fortune teller, but I'm starting to feel the dread that I might fuck up & not max them all.............

Haven't played in like 4 days. Palace 7.
where do I find the it president?

Well, it's 6/26, I finished the 3rd Palace in one go a few days ago and I think I'm finally starting to feel overwhelmed with all of my Confidants. So many damn options to choose from and advance - right now I'm focusing on Chihaya the fortune teller, but I'm starting to feel the dread that I might fuck up & not max them all.............

Maxing her will help max others. And on first play through it's very hard to max all if you don't follow a guide. Don't worry about it.

Quick question.

I just entered
Mementos Depths
with 84 hours on the clock. How many hours do I have left (roughly)? I want to beat it this weekend but I need to know how much time to budget for it.

Soriku

Fuck me. 65+ hours in at Palace 4 and I only just realized you can keep powering up Baton Pass by keeping hitting weaknesses and then continuing to pass to another person. Pass 3 times and Baton Pass power hits max.

This opens up new possiblities to fuck enemies up. Even middling attacks can power up a lot, and if it's an attack that can hit all enemies? Hoo boy.

"Take your time."

For every thing you miss, the game's replay value goes up.

Balphon

I maxed all the confidants with about a month to spare on my first playthrough. It's very doable if you make frequent use of Fortune's confidant abilities.

Ladekabel

Finished it. Now for the two week post-Persona depression.

Overall I liked it. Don't think it was better or worse than Persona 4. Mechanically it was an improvement however.

Ending scene spoiler

Where did Akira's glasses go? And why didn't anyone notice a cat fixing a car?

Finished it. Now for the two week post-Persona depression.

Overall I liked it. Don't think it was better or worse than Persona 4. Mechanically it was an improvement however.

Ending scene spoiler

Where did Akira's glasses go? And why didn't anyone notice a cat fixing a car?

Akira's glasses are fake. They're just a fashion accessory.

MudoSkills

I'm aiming to have everyone kitted out with ultimate weapons in NG+ - I'm pretty much fine on black kogatanas, but haven't got enough model guns. Is there somewhere to get them other than a few pick-ups in dungeons, and the one you can buy on
shady commodities
?

Opa-Pa

Ryuji is one thing but Sojiro shouldn't be using "prolly" when he speaks.

But GAF told me using the same translation of a word for all characters is the way to go?

Fuck me. 65+ hours in at Palace 4 and I only just realized you can keep powering up Baton Pass by keeping hitting weaknesses and then continuing to pass to another person. Pass 3 times and Baton Pass power hits max.

This opens up new possiblities to fuck enemies up. Even middling attacks can power up a lot, and if it's an attack that can hit all enemies? Hoo boy.

You can use the last turn of the chain to heal too. Baton pass enhances healing effects each time, so you technically don't even need stuff like mediarahan against mobs.

pixxxelz

I'm aiming to have everyone kitted out with ultimate weapons in NG+ - I'm pretty much fine on black kogatanas, but haven't got enough model guns. Is there somewhere to get them other than a few pick-ups in dungeons, and the one you can buy on
shady commodities
?
The capsule collector dude in akihabara gives you one if you give him a mothman capsule iirc.

SirNinja

That was one hell of a ride.

Some random-ish thoughts/notes/etc.:

• I was going at a somewhat leisurely pace most of the time. Somewhat. This is still a massive adventure, easily about 20-30 hours longer than Persona 3 and 4 (even Golden!) were.
  • I had NO clue a party member could be taken hostage. It happened to me, for the first time, at hour 116 - literally JUST before the final battle, when I tried to run up and ambush an enemy and it backfired. Holy hell, that was a surprise. I paid the shadow around 8000 yen (pocket change at that time) to release my teammate, and got a trophy that most people probably obtained 100 hours before. lol...wonder what other crazy quasi-surprises this game has in store for my ambush-heavy playstyle?
  • As long as the game is, I feel like it really rushed to its conclusion. Right after
    Shido confesses
    , there's just no time left in the game. You have to
    return to school almost immediately for three days of final exams, you get one single day to do regular stuff (confidants, etc.), then everything goes to hell on Christmas Eve, leading straight into the endgame
    . Much like Persona 4, it really sucks that the game just skips right to
    late March
    where you say your goodbyes. I just wanted to spend
    the time after Valentines' Day
    just hanging out with everyone :(
  • Though Shoji Meguro is a god among men, I have to say that the game's most drawn-out areas, like Mementos and
    Shido
    's Palace, have the shortest and most repetitive tracks. Mementos is a particular offender; I have a feeling that place was far less significant/expansive during the game's early development.
  • Yep, it was totally obvious that
    Akechi was the traitor
    . There were like a million warning signs. To be fair, it was supposed to be obvious, as you see later that the Phantom Thieves
    actually picked up on it early and often. They were not fooled in the slightest.
  • On that note, the sequence of events after
    the plot finally catches up to the present
    were utterly spectacular. I was definitely sharing
    Sae and Sojiro
    's incredulous awe as the group revealed how they did it.

Even though it was a long journey, I jumped right into New Game+. A few things about that:

• It's a weird feeling having no one suddenly recognize you anymore as the story begins anew, especially with all the keepsakes from your rank 10 confidants still in your possession. Counterpoint: it felt good to finally be able to dodge that piece of chalk the teacher throws at you during the first few days.
  • Speaking of social stats, I got mine all maxed last playthrough, and it's so damn good. No more grinding Guts for months to start Iwai's confidant, for one.
  • I dislike that the number of Persona slots you have doesn't carry over (it's tied to Igor's social link). It's not a problem so much as an annoyance, but still.
  • I'm playing on Safety now because fuck it - it's victory lap time. Already have Futaba's trophy so there's no reason not to set things to where I get 3x experience and 5x money from everything now. (Plus I'm probably going to need quite a bit of cash to be able to fill out the compendium later on...)
  • Curb-stomping Kamoshida with endgame weapons = sublime. Even though he's the game's first villain (and among the least important, in the grand scope of things), he's still the most satisfying one to put down. Much later in the game, there's a conversation (I think between you, Ryuji, and Ann?) where they discuss whether he truly deserved his fate, only to quickly agree: yeah, he absolutely fucking did.
  • I missed the "Read all books" trophy last time because I didn't read all the school library's books. D'oh. I hope I'm not missing more than just those. (Ditto for the videogames. There's just six of them...right?)
  • I made sure to max Chihaya and Kawakami's social links last playthrough. Can't wait to re-unlock both of them. I wish I had the time to max Shinya's though - bullet ambushes are slick as hell. Started his SL too early. :(
  • Romanced Makoto last time. Dunno who I will this playthrough.

MudoSkills

The capsule collector dude in akihabara gives you one if you give him a mothman capsule iirc.

Awesome. I can stop agonising over what to make now.

I missed the "Read all books" trophy last time because I didn't read all the school library's books. D'oh. I hope I'm not missing more than just those. (Ditto for the videogames. There's just six of them...right?)

It is just six games, the one you get with it, the other one from that shop, and four from Akihabara (all available by late October/November IIRC).

In terms of books, it probably was just the library ones, but there are also onse for fishing, batting and playing games that only become available once you've done the activity. The books at Jimbocho also only become available once you've finished the previous one you bought.

In NG+ you will have plenty of time for it, I just scraped it on my first play through and the last book I read was Speed Reading. Total bullshit.

NastyBook

At the third palace, just unlocked WAIFU PRIME Makoto, and after a few battles where the MC keeps getting killed by a certain enemy, I wouldn't mind seeing these horses turned into glue.

FUCK THESE FIRE HORSES, OMFG. Hold this holy damage, you equestrian FUCKS.
LLShC.gif

SirNinja

Sending the calling card for Palace 6 now.

Maxed Pristess, Strenght and Chariot. New personas are UGLY

Just wait till you max Lovers (Ann). Her ult persona is, uh...yeah

the last book I read was Speed Reading. Total bullshit.

YES. Me too, haha. I thought I was going to get some more (possibly longer) books from the Jinbocho bookstore after Speed Reading, but nope. By that point I
couldn't go back to school anymore either
. lol....live and learn I guess. On this new playthrough, I'm unlocking Jinbocho as early as possible.

SoulUnison

Banned
Man, I bought this game Day 1 and couldn't put it down until I hit Palace 7, but these
rat mazes
are INSUFFERABLE.

They've seriously killed my momentum to the point that I've basically dropped the game.
I tried to get back into it last night and did another of the
maze
sections, but knowing that there's multiple more and they only get longer...

I want to finish the game. This is one of my favorite series and I'm invested in the story, but Atlus has somehow created the perfect storm of obvious padding and un-fun tedium and I just... No, thanks.
The Palaces up to now were passable to great, but this makes me LONG for one of 4's randomly created "reach the last floor" dungeons.

Bladenic

The second level personas grew on me but I generally feel that Yusuke and Makoto's are downgrades, Ann's and Ryuji's are even, Futaba's the same, Haru's and Morgana's are a huge improvement. Persona 4's upgrades were almost all better and cooler so that sucks but oh well. Persona 5's persona concepts for the playable characters are still awesome.

Opa-Pa

Ultimate personas as generally surprisingly lame in this game, but I thought Ann and especially Ryuji's were awesome. Morgana's is cool but has nothing to do with Morgana so it sucks in that aspect, Zorro waa the best.

I wonder what regular Hecate would look like with a new model though, lol.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
The second level personas grew on me but I generally feel that Yusuke and Makoto's are downgrades, Ann's and Ryuji's are even, Futaba's the same, Haru's and Morgana's are a huge improvement. Persona 4's upgrades were almost all better and cooler so that sucks but oh well. Persona 5's persona concepts for the playable characters are still awesome.

I especially love Haru's VA lines when her Persona hits a weakness.

"Astarte, descend!"

Lategame Spoilers:

No coercion necessary - the immediate surroundings were exactly the same, and he was too preoccupied to really check if anything was different; not that he'd really noticed that he'd entered the Metaverse in the first place.

That is correct - if you're talking about their Shadow. The MC in Sae's palace was her Cognition of him, and not his shadow, therefore killing him would have no effect on the real MC.

Akechi entered Sae's palace when Futaba remotely started the app in the phone. Because it drags in all nearby, it works automatically on him, and he enters the cognitive interogation room instead of the real one.

Ahh yeah that last part makes sense after:
It's explained that Futaba steals Akechis phone for a sec to hack his phone.

Voke

Banned
Okay guys, I'm in a bit of a bit of a predicament. I'm at the final boss, and I've been running low on supplies because of how demanding the previous level was. I literally cannot beat the boss with the items I currently have, is there anyway or anywhere were I can just buy some curatives?

Meier

Final dungeon question

I don't think I saved it after getting the 4th letter. And then I beat the 5th letter guy but I see it's now making me fight Akechi without being able to save it. Is he super hard? Gonna suck if I die and lose 90 minutes or something of play. Anything I should know for this fight?

Ultimate personas as generally surprisingly lame in this game, but I thought Ann and especially Ryuji's were awesome. Morgana's is cool but has nothing to do with Morgana so it sucks in that aspect, Zorro waa the best.

I wonder what regular Hecate would look like with a new model though, lol.
Zorro looks lame in all honesty. Upon reflection all of the first Personas besides Mokoto and Ann are corny.

pixxxelz

Final dungeon question

I don't think I saved it after getting the 4th letter. And then I beat the 5th letter guy but I see it's now making me fight Akechi without being able to save it. Is he super hard? Gonna suck if I die and lose 90 minutes or something of play. Anything I should know for this fight?
he's not that hard, he only uses physical attacks on his last phase so use a persona that resist those if you have one,
also beware of his makarakarn/tetrakarn

Top Bottom