• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Opa-Pa

Better safe than sorry! I lost progress twice because I refused to backtrack after the third boss and got killed by mobs lol.

Cess007

Jesus, completing the 7th palace in one day was rough. Specially,
the last 3 battles against the Yakuza and the 2 battles against Akechi.
I was running low on SP before that part already.

Still, ready to send the card, but I'm maxing out some confidants firsts.

Aselith

Jesus, completing the 7th palace in one day was rough. Specially,
the last 3 battles against the Yakuza and the 2 battles against Akechi.
I was running low on SP before that part already.

Still, ready to send the card, but I'm maxing out some confidants firsts.

You can send a card w/e if you beat it, you still have to wait until the end of the timeframe.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I decided to throw in the towel. Took a couple weeks off with vacation etc. and still bored to death trying to play more of this. Hate walking away after 50 hours, but it's just too repetitive and the story and characters aren't compelling enough to me to power through my boredom with the gamplay loop to see it through.

Oh well, it's a game I should have skipped after I had to really force myself to finish P4G. I'm done with JRPGs I think, they almost never do it for me anymore. Completely done with long games for a while too. My interest in gaming is sinking like a stone so I'm going to stick with pick up and play stuff for the foreseeable future.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Turns out I missed finishing some of the better social links on my first run - which is making NG+ a lot more interesting.

Yusuke is the best party member link, and I feel like an awful person for finishing my first run with Sojiro on rank 2.

bunkitz

I sent the card after completing Hifumi confidant and beat the boss already. I liked the animated scene after the palace, it fuels more my
RyujixAnn
pairing :D

That's a good ship right there.
Seriously, though, I really like the idea of them together. I've seen others discuss it before, and I agree that they'd both need time to mature first, but they're a good fit, if you ask me. If that scene tells me anything, aside from Ryuji being such a solid bro and guy in general, it's that Ann cares about Ryuji the most.
But goddammit,
I really thought Ryuji was dead. I was fucking devastated, man. Fucking ATLUS... Then they followed it up with Sojiro. Ugh. Fuckers.

The God

You get a high counter skill card for completing "the killer laughs in the garbage can" quest, you receive that quest in October I believe.

Thanks. Another question

I've maxed out two confidants so far. How/where do I see the ingredients to make those max Personas?

I'm on 12/13 or something I think/ Iwai is rank 8, just started Haru and she's rank 2. So close yet so far. Everyone else is maxed. Feels bad man. First play through, only help I used was what answers to use.

broz0rs

question about 11/19

I understand Akechi getting tricked into getting into the interrogation room of the Metaverse, but how did he get back into the real world after exiting the interrogation room?

vypek

question about 11/19

I understand Akechi getting tricked into getting into the interrogation room of the Metaverse, but how did he get back into the real world after exiting the interrogation room?

Probably
Futaba remotely activating the app after he leaves?

Cess007

That's a good ship right there.
Seriously, though, I really like the idea of them together. I've seen others discuss it before, and I agree that they'd both need time to mature first, but they're a good fit, if you ask me. If that scene tells me anything, aside from Ryuji being such a solid bro and guy in general, it's that Ann cares about Ryuji the most.
But goddammit,
I really thought Ryuji was dead. I was fucking devastated, man. Fucking ATLUS... Then they followed it up with Sojiro. Ugh. Fuckers.

I agree, if anything, that scene just highlight how awesome guy Ryuji is. Also,
he didn't deserve that beating :p

Brakke

Banned
Hey so I'm ready to send the calling card on the boat (final?) palace. Is that safe to do or will it rush the calendar ahead? I wanna try and beat all the video games before finishing up.

Lusankya

Hey so I'm ready to send the calling card on the boat (final?) palace. Is that safe to do or will it rush the calendar ahead? I wanna try and beat all the video games before finishing up.

Nothing in the game will ever rush the calendar ahead, so you're safe.

stryke

I wish there was a "no fucks given last phase" for the last boss fight.
It would have been awesome to have every party member on the field at the same time instead of the four just ripping into the boss.

I wish there was a "no fucks given last phase" for the last boss fight.
It would have been awesome to have every party member on the field at the same time instead of the four just ripping into the boss.

Yah , a friend and I were discussing this but decided it probably wouldn't work given the character models are so tiny as to be unrecognisable with just 4 on screen in that battle.

Gestahl

question about 11/19

The place you enter the Metaverse is also the exit. That's how Sae was able to leave it and get to real Joker; she double backed and passed through the hallway the phone activated in again

Gbraga

Game finished! 88h! True ending.

What a trip! Really enjoyed it. I was not able to max all confid, but it was fun.

How?????

I really really wish I was able to finish the game that fast. If I could, I probably would've enjoyed it a lot more than I am.

Link_enfant

How?????

I really really wish I was able to finish the game that fast. If I could, I probably would've enjoyed it a lot more than I am.

Same question. I've just started the mission to steal
Shido's heart (Palace 7, boat)
and I'm already more than 120 hours in.

muteki

The progress estimates seem way off at times to me. For palace 6 it was saying I was a fifth finished when I had completed the whole first floor which by area I would consider at least a third. Maybe they just go by % of safe rooms reached or something.

Lunar15

I kept wondering about that. Is that a translation error or just "trolling" from the game developers?

If you ask in the save rooms, they'll always give you the correct idea of how far you are.

However, in the dungeon itself, they keep talking as if you're close. I don't think it's a translation issue at all, it's either intentional or just not well thought out.

Telfo

just got through palace 6 and some of the stuff immediately following it. seems like I am now getting into the traditional Persona "It seems like it's almost over but you actually have 25 hours left" portion of the game.

Lunar15

just got through palace 6 and some of the stuff immediately following it. seems like I am now getting into the traditional Persona "It seems like it's almost over but you actually have 25 hours left" portion of the game.

Yeah, that's about right.

Curufinwe

I beat the 7th palace at level 61. It says the average level in mid-December is 73, but I didn't have any trouble with the bosses.

It's definitely an easier game than P3 or P4.

Lunar15

I beat the 7th palace at level 61. It says the average level in mid-December is 73, but I didn't have any trouble with the bosses.

The difficulty curve is almost a diagonal downward line near the end of the game, at least on normal.

vypek

I have to wonder if the game is designed for you to beat the palace around that level and that the average level is higher because the reaper mechanic can be abused by mid December and people are severely over leveled by that point

IDK if its easier than P3 or P4. Can't comment because this is my first Persona game.

Curufinwe

I'm in late December and it looks like I will be able to max out the last confidant on the very last possible day. I cut it really close, but using the Fortune Affinity reading as much as possible seems to have saved me. Star and Hanged were last two I had left to do.

I laughed a lot at the "Ann Windsor" stuff.

Her voice is annoying

I put a palace 7 cutscene on English just to hear some of the dub voices, and hers is really out of place. It would fit better on Futaba who's two years younger.

Cess007

How?????

Same question. I've just started the mission to steal
Shido's heart (Palace 7, boat)
and I'm already more than 120 hours in.

Finished Palace 7 at around 90h myself, I guess some people really take their time at Palace and Mementos.

The difficulty curve is almost a diagonal downward line near the end of the game, at least on normal.

Time to start hitting Mementos to level up, i guess D:

Jisgsaw

So, quick NG+ question:
I had the Strength at lv10 on my first run, and got the corresponding item on the last day; do I have to wait for the Strength confidant to start again to be able to
fuse personas with higher level than me? Because I just unlocked the fusion in NG+, and can't right now...

JBwB

So, quick NG+ question:
I had the Strength at lv10 on my first run, and got the corresponding item on the last day; do I have to wait for the Strength confidant to start again to be able to
fuse personas with higher level than me?
Because I just unlocked the fusion in NG+, and can't right now...

Yes.

Lunar15

Finished Palace 7 at around 90h myself, I guess some people really take their time at Palace and Mementos.

Time to start hitting Mementos to level up, i guess D:

No, you misunderstand: The game gets progressively easier. I never once did any grinding and I was absolutely steamrolling enemies and bosses in the final stretch.

Cess007

No, you misunderstand: The game gets progressively easier. I never once did any grinding and I was absolutely steamrolling enemies and bosses in the final stretch.

lol Well, still time to hit Mementos to accomplish all those request and reach the bottom :D

Top Bottom