• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

SirNinja

Final dungeon question

I don't think I saved it after getting the 4th letter. And then I beat the 5th letter guy but I see it's now making me fight Akechi without being able to save it. Is he super hard? Gonna suck if I die and lose 90 minutes or something of play. Anything I should know for this fight?

He's not too much more difficult than the 5th letter guy. It's a drawn-out, multi-stage fight, though, so don't be afraid to use some restoratives if you're low on HP/SP.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
FINALLYYYYYY

Done with Palace 5.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

tumblr_nawa2bLAYS1qcluu2o2_250.gif

kaitain19

I just got to
Shido's
Palace the other day, and I'm already starting to hate it. There are too many big empty spaces with only a few enemies
(like the bar before the restaurant and the pool deck)
, the save rooms are too far apart, and those
long hallways where you're turned into mice
are just too boring and tedious.

Finally finished the game at 101 hours. I can definitely see this being in my all-time top ten. My only small complaint is the length of some of the dungeons. I felt a few just went on a bit too long. I even somehow managed to
max all confidants on my first playthrough.
I didn't even think that would be possible.

Morgana
gets the nicest looking upgraded Persona.
Ryuji's
upgraded Persona looks dumb, but it fits with his character better than even some of the characters' base Personas.

Chris R

Finally beat the second boss today. Took 4 tries though :( First got the pattern and weaknesses down, second was a good try but I quickly found out I was using the wrong party. Third got screwed by a bad combo from the boss and finally got it on the 4th (almost killed it in
the 2nd phase, would have been able to skip the painting stuff all together
)

Finished the game, 127h, extremely enjoyable.

Loved the story and characters, shame I couldn't max all my confidants. The music is simply amazing (life will change and rivers in the desert <3). What were your favorite tracks?

I don't think the combat system is very good, but at least it's very fast and extremely stylish. This game is definitely one of the most beautiful I've ever played, the artists are just insane. Hard to top this honestly.

Zukkoyaki

One thing I would like to see in future installments would be incentives for spending time with your significant other once you've begun a romance with them. Something like special items they give you as gifts and/or boosts to your social stats. It wouldn't be hard to do at all either and could even be done in an entertaining fashion. Like maybe going to the amusement park and riding a roller coaster with your partner gives you a boost to your guts, or studying together which gives you knowledge.

I know it's just a game but maxing out a social link and romancing a character only to never interact with them again in your free time feels weird lol.

Meier

December 24 spoilers

Can anyone give me a rough idea of how long the Depths of Mementos is? I just got to the first save spot. Is this another 5-6 hour monster? Yuck if so.

JBwB

Sorry for the (kinda) OT question but for those who've played Persona 3 I just wanted to confirm something... Is Yukari's VA the same one that voiced Kawakami?

Just started FES and she literally sounds like a younger version of her.

Very end game. herald of fucking death.

Summon angel minion, fully healing the fucker in one turn. Even with Joker having heavy curse dmg (to trigger the WEAK status on them) I can't kill the minion in a single turn, hence, he always heals for 2000 dmg the Herald.

I'm stuck in a infinite loop of fuckery.

Sorry for the (kinda) OT question but for those who've played Persona 3 I just wanted to confirm something... Is Yukari's VA the same one that voiced Kawakami?

Just started FES and she literally sounds like a younger version of her.
According to IMDB, it's the same VA. Michelle Ruff.

Huh. It's so obvious thinking about it, don't know why I didn't pick up on it before.

How do the Fortune stat readings work? I got the charm one then played Punch Ouch in the evening but only got +2 to charm, shouldn't it have boosted it to +3?

How do the Fortune stat readings work? I got the charm one then played Punch Ouch in the evening but only got +2 to charm, shouldn't it have boosted it to +3?

The notes only roughly correspond to points. Its irritating because it means pretty much the only time you get a visual indicator is 1 note to 2 notes. You always get at least some benefit though.

Awesome. I can stop agonising over what to make now.

Capsule dude only gives 5. If you do a full playthrough both times you need like two playthroughs to get enough guns to do both weapons for everyone. I spent my first run weapons on the silly weapons and only had enough for 4 of the end game guns.

The weapons are pretty easy as long as you remember to buy them from the second hand shop every month after they are available. Ditto the stones from Tanaka's.

Black cloth is rare because Fishing is the main source and you have very limited time for rainy night fishing on a first playthrough and it's one of the primary sources of end game armor since you only get 3 chances at the ultimate stuff.

You'll drown in cards if you spend any real time in Mementos or Negotiation for Items.

Oh interesting. Did it work like that in previous games?

Points wise ? Yeah and some were random. I ended up behind the guide on my first P4 playthrough due to that. But there weren't any generic multiplier effects to make it so clear.

Phu

Banned
One thing I would like to see in future installments would be incentives for spending time with your significant other once you've begun a romance with them. Something like special items they give you as gifts and/or boosts to your social stats. It wouldn't be hard to do at all either and could even be done in an entertaining fashion. Like maybe going to the amusement park and riding a roller coaster with your partner gives you a boost to your guts, or studying together which gives you knowledge.

I know it's just a game but maxing out a social link and romancing a character only to never interact with them again in your free time feels weird lol.

More stuff like that, like a bonus confidant ability, would be great. Then maybe you lose the perks if you're caught dating multiple people.

So I've just beaten the big baddie of palace
7, Shido
. It feels like the final boss of the game but I'm not so sure. Can someone answer me - how far into the game am I percentage wise and are there are any more major battles coming up? I've still got Mementos to complete, but other than that, is the rest of the game just story stuff? Be relatively vague please, as I'd still like to avoid spoilers for the remainder of the campaign. Thanks a lot.

Bladenic

So I've just beaten the big baddie of palace
7, Shido
. It feels like the final boss of the game but I'm not so sure. Can someone answer me - how far into the game am I percentage wise and are there are any more major battles coming up? I've still got Mementos to complete, but other than that, is the rest of the game just story stuff? Be relatively vague please, as I'd still like to avoid spoilers for the remainder of the campaign. Thanks a lot.

90%. Still got major gameplay left.

I rather have the pirate than the
Flying Monkey on the cloud
. Like, wat?

And Motorbike >>>>>
Weird MEgazord

Once I remembered that FMOTC is the guy from Journey to the West ie Goku, he became way cooler.

Gbraga

Jesus Christ, group, shut the fuck up. Stop saying the exact same shit every single night.

"OH MY GOD I'M SO WORRIED, WILL WE BE ALRIGHT?"

"THE SAME THING HAPPENED BEFORE, I'M SURE WE WILL."

"OH, YOU'RE RIGHT, I'M RELIEVED, THANKS!"

EVERY

SINGLE

NIGHT

STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP

SHUT THE FUCK UP

Link_enfant

I've just started the mission to steal
Shido
's heart.
My mind was just blown by how elaborate the plot was with
Akechi
and how our team
tricked him
, that's insane.

At first I had some suspicion about
him
, but eventually I thought
he was a nice guy when he joined our team
and such. In any case, I really didn't expect
he was that evil and actually planned to kill the protagonist

I also had the "chance" to see one of the
bad endings
at that moment where you need to answer
Sae's questions really carefully
, but I guess it happened to a lot of people who don't use any guide.

Also, I'm about 120 hours in if not more. I see most people complete the game in under 100 hours on their first playthrough, so I'm just wondering what I'm doing so slowly?
This if my first Persona game, I don't use any guide and English isn't my native language. Maybe that's the cause?
Well, I'm aware that there's nothing wrong about that at all, but it intrigues me.

NastyBook

Just summoned
Becky
to the crib for the first time. Makoto might end up being the side-chick at this rate.
TadkV.gif

Jesus Christ, group, shut the fuck up. Stop saying the exact same shit every single night.

"OH MY GOD I'M SO WORRIED, WILL WE BE ALRIGHT?"

"THE SAME THING HAPPENED BEFORE, I'M SURE WE WILL."

"OH, YOU'RE RIGHT, I'M RELIEVED, THANKS!"

EVERY

SINGLE

NIGHT

STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP

SHUT THE FUCK UP
I hate that these assholes are rushing me to drop the calling card for
Kaneshiro
. Like, damn, I got 14 days left to fuck around. Let me breathe.

Ok, I really like this game but that last dungeon...

It's just boss after boss after boss! How am I supposed to do this in one run? Even if I replenish everything I have to go trough all the enemies...

I'm frustrated

ckohler

It's just boss after boss after boss! How am I supposed to do this in one run? Even if I replenish everything I have to go trough all the enemies...

I'm frustrated

Here is what I did:

Make your way to the first miniboss. Beat him and then go back and talk to the velvet room attendant to get all of your HP and SP back. Sneak past enemies to the next mini boss. Beat him and then go back to the velvet room attendant.

Rinse and repeat. Doing this I was able to fight the final boss with nearly full HP and SP.

I'm frustrated

Which last dungeon ?
Do you mean
Shido's
or the
first one on the 24/12
or the
second one on 24/12
?

For
Shido's
you just have to treat it as a normal dungeon. For the
24/12
you can either talk to
Caroline for the first half
or
Lavenza for the 2nd half
and they will
full heal your HP and SP

I'm talking about
depths of mementos, the second half. I've beaten now I think 4 bosses and the game told me this is my last chance to prepare

I know the tactics you mentioned, but they could have introduced at least one safe room in between.

Opa-Pa

I'm talking about
depths of mementos, the second half. I've beaten now I think 4 bosses and the game told me this is my last chance to prepare

I know the tactics you mentioned, but they could have introduced at least one safe room in between.

You should be able to escape every fight if you maxed Hifumi, and if you didn't, you could use negotiations to end fights without casualties. Just avoid as many enemies as possible until you make it to the end, there's a one more safe room there.

Use the special gun skill for enemies without weaknesses.

Also I think there's 4 bosses before the final safe room.

Top Bottom