• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Mediking

Was fighting my way to a Save Room in Palace 7. Got into a crazy fight. Joker gets knocked down. Everybody else is shocked. Just realized Joker's HP is crazy low and is about to die. Heart starts beating super fast. Enemy drops another hit on Joker. Joker is now about to die. Gets up at the last second. Kills enemy in style. I cried and leaped into the Save Room as if bullets were flying at me.

HeeHo

This game is taking me forever. I have 110 hours and I don't think I'm even at the last palace. I tried not to come in here to avoid spoilers.

I am obsessed with trying to do as much as possible without resorting to a day by day guide so it's taking me longer. I know I can't do everything but I want to try to get for all social stats maxed and confidants too at the very least.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Here is my end-game Arsene:

Ky8lBGm.jpg

I had two games worth of skill cards I barely used, so this is one of the results.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I put growth 3 on him at the start of the game, by the time I was done boosting on the reaper during the first day of flu season he was in his high seventies. I was sacrificing Satanael to him on the gallows fusion most days after finishing the seventh palace too - I only actually used him in combat to make up the last 3 levels.

Thewonandonly

Guys this game was a 10/10 for me and one of my favorite games of all time and still most likely is.

but what the fuck at this ending area. Not the last palace but the one after. No god damn checkpoint for a while so I will go 20-25 minutes in then fucking die. Already happened 3 times in the same god damn area. Make it a little further each time then get killed by a bullshit Insta death thing when I'm strong against it.

Like it's really dappeneing the experience because it's so god damn anoying to waste 2 hours of re doing the same anoying fucking cut scene about the circles that change colors on the ground!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guys this game was a 10/10 for me and one of my favorite games of all time and still most likely is.

but what the fuck at this ending area. Not the last palace but the one after. No god damn checkpoint for a while so I will go 20-25 minutes in then fucking die. Already happened 3 times in the same god damn area. Make it a little further each time then get killed by a bullshit Insta death thing when I'm strong against it.

Like it's really dappeneing the experience because it's so god damn anoying to waste 2 hours of re doing the same anoying fucking cut scene about the circles that change colors on the ground!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get your butt to the Velvet Room and fuse up something spicy to counter the troublesome enemies. That's the point of being the Wild Card!

Agreed. The last dungeon was absolutely testing my patience. The final boss makes it all worth it tho. It's incredible

Thewonandonly

Get your butt to the Velvet Room and fuse up something spicy to counter the troublesome enemies. That's the point of being the Wild Card!
Ya your right I got no bless skills and it's kind of skrewing me :(
Agreed. The last dungeon was absolutely testing my patience. The final boss makes it all worth it tho. It's incredible
Really that's good to hear I can't wait :)

Edit: is there a safe house in the very last place?

Edit edit: holy shit thank godddddddddddd I made it to a safe room. Used all my damn items tho :O

Ya your right I got no bless skills and it's kind of skrewing me :(

Really that's good to hear I can't wait :)

Edit: is there a safe house in the very last place?

Edit edit: holy shit thank godddddddddddd I made it to a safe room. Used all my damn items tho :O

Without spoiling anything, when you are making your way through a slalom of mini-bosses, you can go back to the starting area and get instantly healed to full HP/SP. I wish I had known this, would have saved me lots of pain.

BBboy20

Anyways, on that same morning I last posted here:

yTE8yfnm.jpg

giphy.gif

Maximum Emancipation

(I also maxed Death a day or two later, in-game)

So, Phantoms I have so far:
Me
Sakamoto
Morgana
Takamaki
Mishima
Kitagawa
Niijima
Futaba
Oyumura
Becky
Takemi

...I'm going to get them all arrested, aren't I? :(

Do you have to complete ALL of the requests Mishima gives you to max out his confidant? He gives you more than 10.

I really don't want to spend two evenings working at the bar to ID one of them unless I have to.

Lunar15

The final dungeon was pretty dang easy if you have items. There's ample stealth and that's around the level that your characters start being able to stop enemies.

Alright, GAF. Just started this game. It is my first Persona title, so I need a little advice...

First Palace spoilers:
I just got to the point where they let you choose how to spend your time freely after school, with the objective being to steal Kamoshida's heart within the 14-day timeframe. What's the best way to manage this deadline? Should I go to the Palace right away? Should I make sure to use up most of the time before heading to the Palace? Is there any downside to doing it now versus waiting, or vice versa? Just want to make sure I don't miss out on anything, but also don't want to waste time. I need time management tips in general, I guess.

Lunar15

Alright, GAF. Just started this game. It is my first Persona title, so I need a little advice...

First Palace spoilers:
I just got to the point where they let you choose how to spend your time freely after school, with the objective being to steal Kamoshida's heart within the 14-day timeframe. What's the best way to manage this deadline? Should I go to the Palace right away? Should I make sure to use up most of the time before heading to the Palace? Is there any downside to doing it now versus waiting, or vice versa? Just want to make sure I don't miss out on anything, but also don't want to waste time. I need time management tips in general, I guess.

Most people like to finish the dungeon as soon as possible, so that they can focus on doing Confidants and raising social stats. You can split it up however you want, but just keep in mind that waiting until the end means you might run out of time and have to start over. Once you reach the end of the dungeon, you'll be forced out and there will be two whole days before you can go beat the boss. Keep this in mind so that you don't beat the Palace too late.

It's also worth noting that once you reach the top and the game forces you out, your party members will no longer be able to hang out with you until you defeat the boss. So it's best to beat the boss as soon as possible after clearing the dungeon.

Do you have to complete ALL of the requests Mishima gives you to max out his confidant? He gives you more than 10.

I really don't want to spend two evenings working at the bar to ID one of them unless I have to.
I didn't complete all the Mementos requests and was able to max out his Confidant. I think his will level up every time you choose time to spend with him. I never got the prompt that said 'Your bond will not deepen' whenever I checked his Confidant.

Darktalon

God help you if you have a Plasma or OLED TV. I have a Panasonic 65VT60, and the date is super burned in the top left after 150 hours of playing, and I literally run the image retention swiper religiously before and after playing.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF

First Palace spoilers:
Each palace is quite long and designed to be done over several days, so it's okay to pace yourself. SP is the main limiting factor in palace runs, so a good rule is to go as far into the dungeon as you can each time you go in, but stop when you're at a safe room and your party's SP is so low that it would be dangerous to try to progress to the next safe room (because of a lack of healing spells, knockdown-inducing spells, etc). It's better to leave for the day than try to push further and either burn way more items than you'd like or die, after all. The game gives you plenty of time to clear a Palace before the deadline hits, though it's best to try not to put it off to the end. The calendar gives you absolute deadlines before you do things but again, it's best not to do everything on the last few days.

Having said all that, it's "optimal" to do palaces in as few runs as possible, because that gives you more free time outside palaces to hang out with people and level up your stats. The game doesn't force you to do this, but it does give you more free time. Some items that you can get later in the game will help you keep SP reserves up, making this much easier to do. BUT, it may not be fun to slog through palaces in one long, multi-hour sitting, so do whatever's the most fun for you.

If you're in the real world and can save, you can press the touchpad to view what other players did with that stretch of time. It could help you figure out what you want to do too.

Activities that take time in the everyday life part of the game generally fall into a few categories:
- increasing your stats (guts, kindness, etc.)
- meeting with people to raise Confidant rank with them (leads to stronger Personas during fusion, plus various perks from that confidant. Some perks are incredibly useful)
- making or otherwise getting items that help you with dungeon runs
- working out (increases your max HP/SP pool)

The first two are the most important ones. Raising your stats is mainly a gateway to get closer with friends, as you will eventually run into checks that tell you that you need X level of some stat to continue raising Confidant rank with someone.

I have missed a lot of weapon designs since they don't even show you previews of how a weapon looks before buying/getting it. Does anyone have a link with the pictures of all the melee and gun weapons?

Mediking

I took a break from Palace 7 and got Makoto to get endure and Joker watched a movie called Merry Christmas....

The song for Merry Christmas sounds TOO good.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I took a break from Palace 7 and got Makoto to get endure and Joker watched a movie called Merry Christmas....

The song for Merry Christmas sounds TOO good.
I still remember A Cake Knight Rises.

The parody movies in this game are so fucking good.

broz0rs

First Palace spoilers:

As other replies mentioned, SP is the main factor of how long you can stay in a dungeon. I highly recommend finding vending machines with SP drinks that costs 100-300 yen. Stock them up and use them liberally during your dungeon run. SP won't be an issue later when you
level up the Death confidant and SP accessories open up for sale (Highly recommend to level her up asap)

First priority during free days is to spend time with confidants, followed by social stat raising if confidants aren't available or leveling is capped. I feel confidants are more important because social stats increases a lot more through events and activities that open up later in the game.

The final dungeon was pretty dang easy if you have items. There's ample stealth and that's around the level that your characters start being able to stop enemies.

It wasn't a matter of difficulty, it was a matter of the game just constantly throwing boss encounters at you. It felt very padded. And for a 90-100 hour game there's no reason for that.

HELL YA! I've gotten my Platinum!

Snagged the Futaba Navigation line at the very last moment of the final boss lol! Talk about clutched.

This makes it my 3rd Platinum trophy.

Reset

Beat the fourth palace. I know I'm probably in the minority, but Persona 5's dungeon length and battle system are such an awful match. I ended up lowering the difficulty from normal just to make the battles go by faster.

On the brighter side, at least the real world stuff is still great. :v

broz0rs

So my Jack Frost persona reached Level 50 in Persona 5. I'm in level 58.

Let's make this little guy as strong as possible!

if I can give you a tip to make Jack a beast is level him one at a time through fusion, and try to get all your points on Magic (it will be the only stat that will be highlighted in yellow). It gets tedious to keep refreshing until you get the stat you want, but I think it's worthwhile to get Magic to 99.

marmoka

Banned
if I can give you a tip to make Jack a beast is level him one at a time through fusion, and try to get all your points on Magic (it will be the only stat that will be highlighted in yellow). It gets tedious to keep refreshing until you get the stat you want, but I think it's worthwhile to get Magic to 99.

I use "strengthen persona" to increase his level. I'm also "training" him in the Velvet room, but he learns techniques i don't want to. I want Bufula and Mabufula, Bufudyne would be dope, haha. He's really useful when there is only one shadow to fight against, decreasing its defense.

I love Jack. Jack is love, Jack is life.

Dynedom

Beat the fourth palace. I know I'm probably in the minority, but Persona 5's dungeon length and battle system are such an awful match. I ended up lowering the difficulty from normal just to make the battles go by faster.

On the brighter side, at least the real world stuff is still great. :v

Hoo boy. You're not going to enjoy Palace 5.

Grudy

Did they really have to make the persona fusion so sad looking? I feel bad every time :( Worth it for my first jack frost though. I gotta ask though, are there any downsides to registering personas in the velvet room? Is there a reason not to do it? Feels like something that could have been done automatically. Also what does this lock command do when summoning personas?

About to do my first run of the second palace and I really wanna start farming yen. Money is the first thing in any RPG that I like to get out of the way asap and not have to worry about it every time I wanna buy anything. Any recommended methods in Palace 2 would be appreciated.

I gotta ask though, are there any downsides to registering personas in the velvet room? Is there a reason not to do it? Feels like something that could have been done automatically. Also what does this lock command do when summoning personas?

About to do my first run of the second palace and I really wanna start farming yen. Money is the first thing in any RPG that I like to get out of the way asap and not have to worry about it every time I wanna buy anything. Any recommended methods in Palace 2 would be appreciated.

Just always be careful when you're registering a persona that it's not a lower-leveled one if you've already registered it in the compendium (sometimes it's best not to register all automatically, but go through them one-by-one). There's no reason not to do it. I believe the lock command makes it so you can't select that persona for fusing? I never really used that feature so I can't confirm that.

As far as yen goes, you want to vary up your battles so you're not just all-out attacking the enemies. You'll want to ask for money during hold ups every so often. If you have the Sun Confidant unlocked, be sure to rank that one up as you'll unlock a feature that allows enemies to drop more money when you ask for it in hold ups. Also, unlocking and ranking up the Fortune Confidant eventually leads to a mechanic that allows you to earn more money when you defeat enemies via all-out attack. Lastly for yen, you'll want to steal every item/chest you find in the palace. If you're in the second palace, you'll already have access to Mementos; use Mementos as your farming side dungeon. Get yen, chest items, and personas from there about once or two times a month I'd say.

Guys, my ps3 finally crapped out after the 100 hour mark with my last save at what I believe to be the last checkpoint in the game. Should I replace it or just watch it the ending on youtube? I want to replace the system eventually but I don't want to wait that long to finish the game. What do?

Guys, my ps3 finally crapped out after the 100 hour mark with my last save at what I believe to be the last checkpoint in the game. Should I replace it or just watch it the ending on youtube? I want to replace the system eventually but I don't want to wait that long to finish the game. What do?
Replace the system sooner imo. The impact of the game is not the same via YouTube.

Once i use a treasure demon In a fusion is it gone forever? Don't want to waste it, and want to use it right. Have the treasure demon from the 3rd palace

Top Bottom