• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 Persona Artworks revealed (Captain Kidd, Carmen, Zorro, Goemon)

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
It's a shame Arsene will very likely be phased out after a few levels. Best Persona design to date. Soejima's stuff is my bread and butter. It just keeps getting better too.

I really hope that's not the case this time, MC's persona should be one of the strongest, Izanagi was way too weak for the main character persona imo, to me he was pretty much useless after a couple of dungeons.

Lain

Soejima's designs are getting pretty insane in terms of detail. Really impressive Persona designs. What I would give to see a big console RPG from Atlus like this but with new Kaneko designs on this same level. T_T

That would be damn good.
Speaking of Soejima, after looking at that "drawing P5 artwork" recording, I'd love to watch these being drawn. That skirt Carmen sports is pretty damn cool detail wise.

Sn4ke_911

Goddamn I love the visual design in this so much. My first Persona looking like so much fun off of that alone. Zorro is hilariously good.

You really should play Persona 4, i started it a few days ago and could not stop playing until i finished it, its an incredible JRPG with a strong message and a fantastic story.

Or maybe not because if you do so the wait for P5 will get pretty unbearable :p

I really hope that's not the case this time, MC's persona should be one of the strongest, Izanagi was way too weak for the main character persona imo, to me he was pretty much useless after a couple of dungeons.

There's no way around that though. The wild card mechanic means the starting persona becomes useless quickly.

The ultimate form of the starting persona will probably be the final persona though.

Angry Guy

Those are some fine-ass inner selves. The delay is a little painful, but it'll be worth it for that extra coat of polish.

I wonder what their evolved forms will be like?

Sn4ke_911

There's no way around that though. The wild card mechanic means the starting persona becomes useless quickly.

The ultimate form of the starting persona will probably be the final persona though.

Yeah, maybe give Arsene one ability that is extremely useful in some battles not many other Persona's have or something like that.

artsi

One thing I really like is that they also make the backgrounds look animated instead of just the characters, which is oddly somewhat of a rarity in anime style games.

I think that's usually a budget issue, since most anime styled games are just so much smaller than Persona and those companies that have AAA bucks to spend tend to go for a more realistic style instead.

One thing I really like is that they also make the backgrounds look animated instead of just the characters, which is oddly somewhat of a rarity in anime style games.

I agree. Their decision to make the background characters a bit minimalist helps too. The areas they've shown so far looks very lived in and alive, and makes the wait for 2016 even more difficult. D:

Goddamn, P3 and P4 had some Persona designs I didn't care for at all, but everything in P5 is awesome so far. Arsene in particular is probably the best one yet and easily my favourite Soejima Persona design; only thing I think could maybe be improved on him is removing the weird long extensions on the corners of his mask.

psylah

Blaze it.

tumblr_mkn5cwDiq21qd4q8ao1_500.gif

Apologies for going off-top but I need some advice.

I loved just about every aspect of P4G. I absolutely suck at rhythm games. Should or shouldn't I buy PDAN? (Y'know, once it's finally released in Europe.)

sikkinixx

That's some persona ass persona. Super stoked. I just started actually playing P4G for more than a few hours for the first time despite having it since launch (beat it on PS2). Man it's so good. Music. Look. Writing. Everything. Harder than I remember too. Dying a lot in the first castle.

ckohler

Apologies for going off-top but I need some advice.

I loved just about every aspect of P4G. I absolutely suck at rhythm games. Should or shouldn't I buy PDAN? (Y'know, once it's finally released in Europe.)

I am exactly like you. Buy it. The story mode will remind you a lot of P4G (dialog scenes that go on for days with characters you enjoy) and even though I never play rhythm games, I am surprised how fast I'm learning. Besides, the game is fun even on the Easy difficulty. It's great.

Lunar15

The theme is Picaresque heroes, but it's fast and loose. It's more like "Famous rougeish characters". Even the whole "they all died" thing doesn't hold up for Arsene and Zorro.

They're just finding stuff that's cool and fits the idea of a rougeish flair.

silva1991

You really should play Persona 4, i started it a few days ago and could not stop playing until i finished it, its an incredible JRPG with a strong message and a fantastic story.

Or maybe not because if you do so the wait for P5 will get pretty unbearable :p

I'm glad that you loved it man!! you played the golden version? if so if you missed marrie's dungeon you'll have an excuse to play it again ;)

Sn4ke_911

I'm glad that you loved it man!! you played the golden version? if so if you missed marrie's dungeon you'll have an excuse to play it again ;)

Oh yeah i absolutely loved it, sadly i didn't play Golden because i don't have a Vita but after beating P4 vanilla i looked it up on youtube. Great stuff.

although i didn't watch everything, only some main battles and some other stuff i'm sure i missed a lot of what makes Golden so much better but oh well... Persona 4 vanilla was still an incredible experience, i'm glad i didn't miss out.

But at the same time i really should have waited for at least a release date announcement for P5 because now my go to site of the day is Persona Central and Trailer #3 on repeat, but getting so hyped for this game is way too early, P5 is releasing probably at the end of 2016 :x

NEO0MJ

Yeah, maybe give Arsene one ability that is extremely useful in some battles not many other Persona's have or something like that.

The way the game is designed would make it really difficult to stick to the beginner Persona. just hope that you can unlock the super version easily.

Tizoc

You know Zorro (Don Diego de la Vega) isn't a real person right?

It's like saying James Bond is a historical figure.
Yeah someone corrected me about it in above post
I just didnt know the proper term so literature figures fits best.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Other anime games have started imitating Persona's look, but Persona sets the standard.

Persona 4 was actually pretty realistic looking outside of the character. It didn't really do the consistent background/character thing. Most of the textures seem to be phototextures actually.

p4-compare_vita_012gbk84.jpg

The trees are just literally photographs of shrubbery.

I am exactly like you. Buy it. The story mode will remind you a lot of P4G (dialog scenes that go on for days with characters you enjoy) and even though I never play rhythm games, I am surprised how fast I'm learning. Besides, the game is fun even on the Easy difficulty. It's great.

Thanks you for the help.

Someone is posting about the game on my Twitter feed and I had no idea it'd have dialogue scenes like in P4G. It's totally made me do a 180 on it.

I'm loving the character designs, but I don't really know what to think about the persona designs, 8 like Carmen and Arsene but the others look a bit off to me.

depward

I'm playing through Persona 4 Golden after getting bored of P3P 35 hours in.

And I'm REALLY enjoying it.

So definitely looking forward to P5!

Top Bottom