• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 Social-Link/Confidant discussion |OT| Laughing Banana is Makoto's husbando

captainpat

Still at the beginning parts of the game. Was thinking again about going for Ann but Morgana really likes her and that would be awkward moving in on his crush like that.

_Ryo_

Because she's cute?

I remember that whole SL being nothing but a huge tease, but I'm also not sure I ever finished it. I think I might have assumed it wasn't actually going anywhere and gave up on it.

Huh? I remember implied intercouse several times before that social link was even half complete? Could I'm wrong about that tho.

Still at the beginning parts of the game. Was thinking again about going for Ann but Morgana really likes her and that would be awkward moving in on his crush like that.

LOL! I had the same moral 'dilemma' as well ^^;

And its not just played for gags either, he REALLY likes her @_@

Huh? I remember implied intercouse several times before that social link was even half complete? Could I'm wrong about that tho.

I'm like 99% sure you are. She teases the P4 Protag a bunch (deliberately playing up flirty behavior), but it's clear that's all it is, the conclusion of the link doesn't work at all if it was anything than being flirty IIRC.

So as I recall in 3 and 4 as long as you max out a romantic relationship you're then free to move on to a new one without being a cheater. Is that not the case here?

Edit: wait, shit, is this the waifu thread?
I feel that the game is really prioritizing how sweet and adorable Makoto is. Is just me doing her S Link real fast?

I only just got her but I'm actually disliking Makoto. I was really looking forward to her Confidant and adding her to my party but her character and how everyone in the party interacts with her actually bugs me.
She got off way way easy after practically blackmailing 4 high school students to deal with the Mafia and eventually getting herself and others involved with their boss. Though I haven't beat the dungeon yet, but everyone is giving her wayyy too much credit and respect after she risked their lives because of her insecurities.

I'll still check out her Confidant. On the other hand I'm liking Yusuke a lot more than I expected, he's adorable.

So as I recall in 3 and 4 as long as you max out a romantic relationship you're then free to move on to a new one without being a cheater. Is that not the case here?

It was true in 3 by default, since you had to romance the majority of the female S-Links (it was used along with the Reversing / Break mechanic to make the time management aspect more difficult too). It was true in both P4 and P3P's female route. In P4G / P5 you get gut punched on 1 specific date
Valentine's Day
but otherwise it's basically ignored

Eh sorry to him but that cat can go lick himself.

He has a crush on her that entirely stemmed from a physical attraction and is superficial/not very deep.

On the other hand if you spend time with her you actually get to know her and her likes/dislikes on a much deeper level. He doesn't get to call dibs on a girl.

Sae: "...Isn't that right?!"

But really though, the last two games I've always gone for the party member route romance, but Hifumi might tempt me to pick a non-party member.

And it doesn't hurt that her Social Link benefit adds a new tactics.
Yep , she's really usefull.

The fact that she was planned at some point to be a party member might be the info you need ? I definitely would be intrested in a DELUXE game with either her added or a FeMC ( oh the possibilities )

Do you get an extra scene if you don't romance anyone?
You get a scene with
ryuji and / or morgana
at some point if you don't have any active romance.

I'm sure this has been asked but I'm nervous to read through too much of the thread. Are any of the social links easy to miss? It felt like I had to go out of my way to get Yoshida's link, but everything else has been pretty much thrown at me so far.

You can miss shinya if my memory's right

Damn. After being all about Makoto before playing, I'm seriously going for not her.

This is actually kinda hard. I'm liking way more of the confidants than I thought I would.

Saprol

The return of the P4G
polyamorous Valentines scene
sounds like a mess but I'm not doing a dozen playthroughs or scouring youtube to see these confidants through properly.

DNAbro

People I wanted to like: Mishima
People I ended hating: Mishima

I'm impressed at Atlus at making such a hateable character. I'm pretty sure that's like half the point but goddamn.

Theswweet

Shit, do I romance the goth doctor or do I go someone else. I didn't expect to get something like this so early in the game...

Cornbread78

The return of the P4G
polyamorous Valentines scene
sounds like a mess but I'm not doing a dozen playthroughs or scouring youtube to see these confidants through properly.

Exactly why I'm doing it. If it was on Vita it would be a different story though since I played through P4G 4x

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Shit, do I romance the goth doctor or do I go someone else. I didn't expect to get something like this so early in the game...

I wanted to go for Makoto since before the game came out. But when I saw the spider minidress...It was a done deal.

Spider. Minidress. Come on son.

Makoto for NG+

I'm impressed at Atlus at making such a hateable character. I'm pretty sure that's like half the point but goddamn.
I haven't done all his ranks yet but yeah for real lol. At least his confidant abilities are so, so useful.

Qurupeke

I'm on the 3rd dungeon, Makoto seems like the perfect choice so far. I'm waiting to see Haru though. Also, I really, really like Kawakami's attitude
and the whole maid thing makes her an even more tempting choice.

mdubs

Banned

This is me too. I was like "ok Morgana sucks to be you" until he actually says he really likes her and I'm like "Uh-oh this is going to be making me feel bad"

So can somebody explain to me how the fortune arcana works?

You pay 5000 yens to get one of your stats evolve more quickly on the same day.... tried it with kindness, with a job and the plant, but it didn't change anything, still got the same amount of point anyway! So how does that work?

thanks

I'm on the 3rd dungeon, Makoto seems like the perfect choice so far. I'm waiting to see Haru though. Also, I really, really like Kawakami's attitude
and the whole maid thing makes her an even more tempting choice.

just date them all, like a real smug with a criminal record would do, embrace the way of living that everyone assume you have, 8)

(that's what i do anyway, and would do the same if we could date guys too! I loved the jealousy of the girls and scumbagness of the hero in the end game of p4 with that, lol)

Chaos17

I want to ship Yusuke and Ann together, that guy always catch her when she fall yet she never thank him. Poor dude, let me date him with female MC dlc, lol

I really like Ann so far, but then Makoto showed up and she is really awesome too, in totally different ways. I gotta say, they really knocked it out of the park with the characters this time, I like all of them quite a lot compared to P3 and P4.

Yep , she's really usefull.

The fact that she was planned at some point to be a party member might be the info you need ? I definitely would be intrested in a DELUXE game with either her added or a FeMC ( oh the possibilities )

She has the Yukiko's Yamato Nadeshiko looks. Some people might find that boring but that's my fetish! And I was completely sold by her chuunibyou XD

That knowledge that she was meant to be a main cast is interesting because I think outside of the Reporter badgering you for info, she's the only non-party confidant that brought up the phantom thieves.

Eh sorry to him but that cat can go lick himself.

He has a crush on her that entirely stemmed from a physical attraction and is superficial/not very deep.

On the other hand if you spend time with her you actually get to know her and her likes/dislikes on a much deeper level. He doesn't get to call dibs on a girl.

It's not just that, him revealing Ann as one of his key motivations for working hard to get his human body back makes things difficult not to support him.

Weiss

Banned

I donèt get this. Mishima is fantastically written.

I ended up (or will, only at rank 8 with the "confirm relationship" choice selected) choosing Kamikawa (or however you spell her name). She's actually ended up being my favorite S. link so far, and I think the student/teacher stuff actually makes it more interesting than the typical romances in these games.

In my NG+ playthrough I'm going to roll with the scumbag date everyone route lol

She has the Yukiko's Yamato Nadeshiko looks. Some people might find that boring but that's my fetish! And I was completely sold by her chuunibyou XD

That knowledge that she was meant to be a main cast is interesting because I think outside of the Reporter badgering you for info, she's the only non-party confidant that brought up the phantom thieves.

It's not just that, him revealing Ann as one of his key motivations for working hard to get his human body back makes things difficult not to support him.

It's a key motivation so he can try to court her, that's a very simple motivation he's just fixating on that.

edit: I guess what I'm trying to say is that enough people in-game have attempted to court or woo her, and she will be mine. ALL MINE.

Totakeke

Tower talks about the Phantom Thieves a ton. Sun talks about the phantom thieves as well. Most of them do actually.

Totakeke

I'd feel bad if I romanced Kawakami and then have her doing chores for me all the time. Like giving me a massage and then doing my laundry in one day, then spending the rest of the week making coffee and curry? That's just cruel man.

This all out attack bug is annoying as hell. I can't even get pass the result screen.

Edit: Wrong thread.

All about the Doctor.

Totakeke

So how many unique events are there in the game where you pick a girl (or none) to experience with?

From what I remember...

Overseas Trip
School Festival
Christmas Eve
Valentine's Day

Is that it? And I guess the school stuff doesn't work with the non-party female confidants.

The school festival event with Makoto was the best.

Arthos

Might just romance everyone to see their scene. Any achievements linked to just romancing one?

Also, is the fortune teller's SL worth leveling up?

Man, Ohya is making a strong case for being my dating partner.

Especially since
we already had one date and are fake boyfriend/girlfriend
. Plus she's a lush and cusses.

Top Bottom