• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 Social-Link/Confidant discussion |OT| Laughing Banana is Makoto's husbando

Neoxon

I'm caught at a crossroads. I was originally committed to Team Futaba, but I'm having second-thoughts about Makoto.

Cornbread78

I was also aboard Team Futaba but started reconsidering after learning you can date your teacher.

bth.gif

what happens if I do romance more than one character? I don't need specifics, but like, are there guaranteed negative consequences for doing that?

what happens if I do romance more than one character? I don't need specifics, but like, are there guaranteed negative consequences for doing that?

Late game spoiler:
You get an extra scene after Valentine's Day where you pay for your crimes. There are no downsides that affect your ability to fuse demons or how much exp they gain

Is it detrimental enough not to experience all the different ships though?

Depends how much
waifu crying/heartbreak/anger
you can tolerate. On my first playthrough I confess, I dated
everyone at the same time. The game lets you.
The result
The cutscene is VERY long and you feel like a shithead, but afterwards I was wondering "Wait that's it? That's all that happens? No broken/reversed confidants, no loss of bonus exp on fusion, no need to pray at a fucking shrine? It's literally never brought up again for the rest of the game? lol"

Cornbread78

Depends how much
waifu crying/heartbreak/anger
you can tolerate. On my first playthrough I confess, I dated
everyone at the same time. The game lets you.
The result
The cutscene is VERY long and you feel like a shithead, but afterwards I was wondering "Wait that's it? That's all that happens? No broken/reversed confidants, no loss of bonus exp on fusion, no need to pray at a fucking shrine? It's literally never brought up again for the rest of the game? lol"

with that said, bring 'em on..... bring them ALL on!

JF1r0kp.jpg

Astral

Can you romance someone after you've already become best friends or whatever? I don't wanna go the friend route and then realize I've made a huge mistake later on. I think I'm P3 and 4 you're stuck with whatever Route you initially took.

cheez124

man...i was so dead set on romancing makoto before i got the game, but now i'm really starting to like ann, too

and then there's kawakami...

help me, GAF :(

Cornbread78

I'll have "proper"
valentine's days
with the ladies via YouTube later. For now, I'm gonna live wild and free and have fun with all the ladies.

I don't wanna break heart of nothing, but I just want to have as much fun as possible with the game....

Major reason might have been that yosuke couldn't be as perverted around you as your official 'best friend'. Rise they could have changed it where she idolizes you for being cool like in one of those throwaway light novel Anime where there's a queen of the school followed by a million girls giggling

Might have had to change the bathhouse scene so you're with the girls instead. But that scene was in game graphics. They just didn't feel like putting in the effort

I can understand the dynamics issues in 4. Teddie and Kanji would also have to be rewritten to a minor degree.

Cess007

BTW, aside of you being able to hook up with anyone you want, is there any another character that has feelings for another in the game? Kinda like Kanji for Naoto? Just to be sure I don't steal a friend's waifu :p

So I was pretty sure who my waifu was gonna be but an unexpected character is now in the running:/

Already know I'll be playing the game more than once but damn if this doesn't make things difficult.

ErzaScarlet77

Neo Member
BTW, aside of you being able to hook up with anyone you want, is there any another character that has feelings for another in the game? Kinda like Kanji for Naoto? Just to be sure I don't steal a friend's waifu :p

ryuji and ann have known each other before and they get touchy with each other but i dont think theres anything between them

cheez124

morgana has feelings for ann, but ann is completely oblivious to it, at least so far
So I was pretty sure who my waifu was gonna be but an unexpected character is now in the running:/

Already know I'll be playing the game more than once but damn if this doesn't make things difficult.
i know exactly how you feel. i never really had trouble choosing a favorite in P3 and P4, but this time things are different

Mr. Kamoshida is staunchly dedicated to the emotional development of his wards.

Morgana has a crush on Ann, but that's about it as far as the Phantom Thieves go.

Flandy

My friend accidentally saved her game after initiating a romance she didn't want. She wanted to date Makoto but accidentally dated the Death Confidant.

So she's wondering what the consequences are for this besides the
Valentine's Day scene
? Is that it? Just a single cringe scene?

Or does it have an impact on the ending. Does it have an impact on anything else, in terms of the plot? She's just worried that she will miss out on a Makoto romance ending (or plot based on her romance).

Basically, she has a second save that is two months back. She's just not sure she wants to roll back 2 months if it's only that one scene. She says she will just skip it (head cannon lol)

My friend accidentally saved her game after initiating a romance she didn't want. She wanted to date Makoto but accidentally dated the Death Confidant.

Valentine's Day scene

Or does it have an impact on the ending. Does it have an impact on anything else, in terms of the plot? She's just worried that she will miss out on a Makoto romance ending (or plot based on her romance).

Basically, she has a second save that is two months back. She's just not sure she wants to roll back 2 months if it's only that one scene. She says she will just skip it (head cannon lol)
I'm honestly surprised at the (tarot card character romance)
death and temperance
confidants being romanceable. The latter is what's making it difficult for me as I was going towards Makoto:/ Still am actually, I may ending up going with whichever grabs my attention better story wise. If that's the case though Makoto is in 2nd place.

Valentine's Day scene

I answered this question like 20 posts ago.

Cornbread78

Valentine's Day scene

Tell her it's time to be the type of man she's always been told to stay away from...

Play on playa!

So I didn't really look at too much of the media before this but got a look at all the characters and liked them and okay sure whatever.

But now that I'm playing, Ann? Wew lad.

There better not be...

I better not get another Mass Effect 3 Tali and Garrus situation.
Tali and Garrus only happens if you haven't romanced the other one until then.

So I see it as the game deciding to pair two characters off after you make if clear you weren't interested. I remember someone in the thread saying they only romanced tali because they couldn't stand that a possible waifu wouldn't fawn over him and go for someone else lmao

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
That's because relationships you forge aren't known from the rest of the group.
That's why you could date futaba,haru ,makoto AND ann ( at the same time ) if you choose. Can you imagine what would it be if those 4 knew ? If would be the most insane bad end /game over ever made.. but it was made that way so it wouldn't prevent the main story from being completed.

I do agree that a better visual representation of the relationship would be great

Lol how so, considering that
there is a scene where all the girls that you dated simultaneously accosted you of being a playa in the game.

Totakeke

Man, some of the confidants really hint that you should be in a relationship with them. Some of them are quite heart breaking when you turn them away too. The game is so mean.

Top Bottom