• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

I just want my exams to be over so I can also brag about how far into the game I am. Still on the second floor, I literally just got there, and all I see is secret passages, which means this is going to be a fairly complex map. Also I am a 100% map completion freak, so there's that too :'(

Meia

Well, all of the dialogue that happens during dungeons has me really excited to play this game. Extremely early on, have Yukiko and Chie in the same party, Yukiko gets one shot by a Bufu spell in the back row(playing on Hard), and as she says sorry before passing out, Chie screams out her name.

Yeah this game is going to hook me. :p

It's here! It finally arrived!!!

B3dE8MfIAAAumSV.jpg:large

Now I am the one who rules over power!

Well, all of the dialogue that happens during dungeons has me really excited to play this game. Extremely early on, have Yukiko and Chie in the same party, Yukiko gets one shot by a Bufu spell in the back row(playing on Hard), and as she says sorry before passing out, Chie screams out her name.

Yeah this game is going to hook me. :p

Now there's something I wouldn't mind seeing return in P5.

Working! Finished uni yonks ago.

Why do you all hurt me so?
Hmmm...
What kind of reaction do you want? "Ow, the edge"?

Dantis

Btw Dantis, I can't believe I never asked you, but are you in uni or working atm?

Working! Finished uni yonks ago.

Your art is 2cute4me. If I had the money, I'd commission something similar like this with Aigis!

That pic is super cute Dan. Great job

That's awesome and adorable. I like how you drew PQ Naoto, I'd love to see you take on some more of the chibi cast sometime.

Why do you all hurt me so?

How do you all feel about this dungeon design? Dungeon 1 only has 3 real floors (and a super small boss floor) but the floors themselves are giant and maze like with puzzles and traps and such.

Gazoinks

How do you all feel about this dungeon design? Dungeon 1 only has 3 real floors (and a super small boss floor) but the floors themselves are giant and maze like with puzzles and traps and such.

EO games always have really strong dungeon design, so I'm definitely feeling good about it. Honestly, this may be the first Persona game where I really enjoy the dungeons. >.>

FluxWaveZ

Floor 3 was huge. Those no-going-back shortcuts were daunting, at first. I'm pretty into it.

It'll be interesting to see how they're handled with Persona 5. It's not an EO inspired title, but it'd be a step back if they were like P3's and P4's.

PK Gaming

There's a pretty humorous sidequest in Persona Q where the game goes all Phoenix Wright on you.

I didn't expect the sidequests in this game to be so varied and fun! Make sure you do em.

arue

Much better than P3 and P4's. I wouldn't mind if P5's dungeons are like this with the 3rd person perspective.

Xenoflare

This is what I meant exactly. I want to explore the dungeons the way we did in P3 and P4, but the design should be complicated like in Persona Q.

It would actually work wonders for P4, but because of Tartarus's form I doubt expansive and complicated dungeon designs suit it. If I have to go through 220+ floors of PQ dungeon floors then no.

Sophia

There was only one which I considered bad (the infamous Bomb shelter), but I preferred most of the rest to P3 and P4's dungeons.

Yeah, P2 has some pretty good dungeons all things considered. Persona 1 has some decent dungeons too, but they suffer from too many maze like passages that don't lead anywhere.

If there's one good reason to hate Sho, it's that he ruined puns for me.

Nonsense. You can't ruin what is already in pieces by Ikutsuki and Teddie. :p

DNAbro

Finished Alpha Sapphire and I played so much Smash on 3DS I'm a bit tired of the Wii U version. So waiting for Persona Q to get here next week is killing me already.

CorvoSol

After being coddled by P3P and P4G, I'm glad I played the original Persona games so I wouldn't flip out at having my ass handed to me so frequently, haha.

Xenoflare

So, lemme guess... Protags, respective waifus, and a rotating fifth wheel?
That's what I'll be doing at least.

It's actually my P3 final boss team + p4 protag.

P3MC, Akky, Yukari and Aigis.

I'm keeping p4 protag because if you level both protags enough you'll get something nice ;)

p4 protag's place used to be Junpei, but his pitiful SP pool+ low stats is making him shitty, for reference, P4 mc's matches Junpei's main attributes and out class him for everything else.

Gazoinks

My team's ended up being P4MC/Aigis/Mitsuru and Yukiko/Yukari. I originally had Aigis in the back instead of Yukiko, and Kanji out front. I dropped Kanji for Junpei 'cause he shares an element with P4MC, but then I dropped Junpei because he's not great so now I'm here. I'm thinking about switching Yukiko for Naoto, but I kinda like having two mages in similar roles (but different elements) in the back.

Youre....basing your team...off of waifus....

Well, not entirely. It's just the team I'll use first once I get everyone.
Truth be told, I'm only at the first save point in PQ. I'm trying to at least finish P4G before I move on to other matters.

Also, that fifth wheel will probably most often rotate between Shinji and Aigis.

Happy Thanksgiving you guys! Especially you Flux, I know you love these timely messages ;D

Seriously, thanks for being an awesome community. I know we like to get off track a lot (which I enjoy! :p) but it's always fun seeing what PGAF has got going on, day in and day out. Keep being rad!

Shout out to the ATLUS guys too, thanks for being cool dudes who put up with all of our silly shenanigans.

Top Bottom