• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

What about the countdown at p-ch.jp/live though? It stops at 7:30 JST, while this new countdown stops at 18:30 JST (which is the same time when PSL 2015 starts).

Again, you have to turn your computer's system clock to JST to get an accurate time from that countdown website. The countdown on p-ch.jp/live ends at 5:30 PM JST on February 5th while if this event extends to 30 hours after 1:00 PM JST on February 4, it will end at about 7:00 PM JST on February 5th. The times do intersect, yeah.

arue

Again, you have to turn your computer's system clock to JST to get an accurate time from that countdown website. The countdown on p-ch.jp/live ends at 5:30 PM JST on February 5th while if this event extends to 30 hours after 1:00 PM JST on February 4, it will end at about 7:00 PM JST on February 5th. The times do intersect, yeah.
That makes a lot more sense. I didn't know I have to change my computer system's clock.

Oh man, trying to single out one "favorite" persona song is gonna be hard.

Will non-premium members be able to watch the stream on NicoNico too? I'm not too familiar with it.

Oh man, trying to single out one "favorite" persona song is gonna be hard.

Will non-premium members be able to watch the stream on NicoNico too? I'm not too familiar with it.

When streams on Niconico get too busy, they randomly kick free members. So you might be able to watch bits of it, but you'll likely be kicked out quite a bit.

When streams on Niconico get too busy, they randomly kick free members. So you might be able to watch bits of it, but you'll likely be kicked out quite a bit.
Alright. I probably won't be able to make it to the whole stream because of school and work, it'll suck not being able to see most of it live, especially if there are any announcements

Nap1400

Luckily it seems Pepsiman might be setting up a proxy stream for us peasant niconico viewers if his comments on Gematsu are anything to go by.

FluxWaveZ

Luckily it seems Pepsiman might be setting up a proxy stream for us peasant niconico viewers if his comments on Gematsu are anything to go by.

Multiple people will be doing so, like last time. pan-hime and MysticDistance will be having their own, too (or the latter will be solely archiving it).

Can't wait. I thought there'd be a new Persona game announced this year; wonder if this stream would be the venue for it.

sorry I didn't notice this. You vote using the drop down menu

translations in order of the names:
  • Protagonist
  • Yosuke
  • Chie
  • Yukiko
  • Kanji
  • Teddie
  • Rise
  • Naoto
  • Dojima
  • Nanako
  • Adachi
  • Marie
  • Margaret
  • Igor
  • Daisuke (strength soccer)
  • Kou (Strength basketball)
  • naoki (hanged man)
  • hisano (death)
  • eri (temperance)
  • sayoko (devil)
  • shu (tower)
  • ai (moon)
  • chihiro (tatsumi port island cameo)
  • yumi (sun drama club)
  • ayane (sun band)
  • fox (hermit)
  • Tanaka shopping channel guy
  • Morooka
  • Misuzu Hiragi
  • Mayumi Yamano
  • saki
  • nametame
  • gas station attendant
  • daidara metalworks guy
  • lady shopkeeper of shiroku (night)
  • lady shopkeeper of shiroku (day)
  • hanako
  • kashiwagi
  • mitsuo kubo
  • edogawa (tatsumi port island cameo)

That's the spirit!

iHoclmXKQRQ80.gif

I forgot it wasn't just screams of joy! This is the face of the woman that ruined the Persona fanbase.

Drop

Hello PersonaGAF, I'm Drop, nice to meet you all.
I recently got my neogaf membership confirmed, it took me a while to post here because lately I'm really busy with university exams.
I used to lurk here a lot during OT 3, I even followed the p5 announcement through Sophia's stream back then, and now I'm here and really excited for the new event.
You'll probably see me often in the future :)

Tamanon

Banned
I work until midnight. Hopefully Persona Lady trolls for that extra hour and twenty minutes from the stream starts so I can just see the real stuff!

Dantis

By sheer coincidence, I have the week of the stream off work.

So fucking hype. Going to learn from my past mistakes and do something else whilst I have the stream do in the background though.

Hello PersonaGAF, I'm Drop, nice to meet you all.
I recently got my neogaf membership confirmed, it took me a while to post here because lately I'm really busy with university exams.
I used to lurk here a lot during OT 3, I even followed the p5 announcement through Sophia's stream back then, and now I'm here and really excited for the new event.
You'll probably see me often in the future :)

QUICK, WHO'S YOUR FAVOURITE CHARACTER?

Thankfully I still have plenty of P4G to tide me over so that I don't have to over hype and melt down over this presser like a lot of people did last year. That was some hilarious shit btw

Makio

This seems fine :
10952398_1545196642432303_4891776855419630728_n.jpg

I dont expect too much from P5 , maybe the reveal of the songs they gonna play in the concert. (The line of the songs played somewhere before the concert strikes one again).

But i expect a shit of info of Dancing all the night , trailers , elease dates ...really that the chance to show off the step... (is genius).

Hype !!

This seems fine :
10952398_1545196642432303_4891776855419630728_n.jpg

I dont expect too much from P5 , maybe the reveal of the songs they gonna play in the concert. (The line of the songs played somewhere before the concert strikes one again).

But i expect a shit of info of Dancing all the night , trailers , elease dates ...really that the chance to show off the step... (is genius).

Hype !!

I honestly doubt it. They wouldn't go this far for just a new project, an anime, etc. Remember, the Golden animation was NOT announced by ATLUS, nor was it a stream by ATLUS. It was a stream by Aniplex that announced that. I feel we'll see P5 and P4D. The background of the event site, the moving fives, the same font, the P5MC in the background, the posts being (formerly) tagged as "Persona 5", and Hashino saying we'd see more after the new year. Come on, it's P5.

Also, here's something I noticed. February 5, 2015 is exactly five months and five days since the last Persona 5 trailer, which was shown on September 1, 2014. Now, what numbers are moving on the event site? Two fives. Is this just a coincidence, or is this ATLUS subtly giving out a message?

Dantis

I honestly doubt it. They wouldn't go this far for just a new project, an anime, etc. Remember, the Golden animation was NOT announced by ATLUS, nor was it a stream by ATLUS. It was a stream by Aniplex that announced that. I feel we'll see P5 and P4D. The background of the event site, the moving fives, the same font, the P5MC in the background, the posts being (formerly) tagged as "Persona 5", and Hashino saying we'd see more after the new year. Come on, it's P5.

Also, here's something I noticed. February 5, 2015 is exactly five months and five days since the last Persona 5 trailer, which was shown on September 1, 2014. Now, what numbers are moving on the event site? Two fives. Is this just a coincidence, or is this ATLUS subtly giving out a message?

Holy shit.

Also, I am entirely expecting Persona 5 stuff. I'd be more surprised if P4D was there, though I'm hoping for both.

We''ll know for sure if we're getting an anime announcement out of this when the Nico Page goes up and we see if it's region locked or not, but I doubt that there will be much anime or movie related outside of concert performances.

There's almost no chance that we're not getting something Persona 5 related out of this.

Nice catch, it would be impressive planning if that's intentional.

Makio

So p5 released the 2th of July (5 months after that)....Mystic you are amazing catching that kind of hints , that Naoto avatar is no for show.

but seriously with they gave me the new songs i'm just fine.
A possible release date dat going blown my mind .....

So no word in the concert gonna be livestream or a miss that part.

I realized it when I was talking to my girlfriend. I know the two fives moving on the date are to tease P5, of course, like most of the site; but it also symbolizes, even if unintentionally, the fact that it would be five months and five days since the last trailer.

Also, about the /movie/ part of p-ch. Yes, it was removed a while back, but even if it is readded now, it could still be programmed to give a 404 Not Found error, in order to hide its existence. 403 Forbidden does not hide the existence of a page, as it being forbidden shows that it pretty much exists. I'm not saying they added that part of the site back, but it is a possibility.

Drop

I totally agree, If they're going to troll the viewers they'll at least give some true content at the end, and the date is too perfect to be a coincidence.

FluxWaveZ

Wouldn't that be 5 months and 4 days? Though, that calculation's excluding the end date of Feb. 5th, 2015. I'll think of it as 5 months and 5 days like you say, that makes it more fun.

This might be off-topic, but I do want to clear this up, as I hear this mentioned a lot when it relates to ATLUS livestreams in general.

ATLUS did not announce the P4G animation. That was by Aniplex. The stream on NicoNico that announced the P4G anime and had "Datsu Nugu" was by Aniplex. It was region-locked as it was for Aniplex products in Japan.

ATLUS does not create the anime adaptions of their games. ATLUS just gives Aniplex the permission to make anime adapations. If you look at the anime openings, they always say "[Game Title] Original Story by ATLUS" or something similar. The reason you see the anime adaptions copyrighted to ATLUS, is because it is still their IPs being used.

When the livestream with the P4G anime was announced, it was not ATLUS that announced that. It was the P3M official Twitter account, which is run by Aniplex. All ATLUS did was retweet it, as it is still based on one of their titles.

Sorry for the rant. I wanted to clear that up.

Nap1400

Do you guys think the stream will show off any of the votes for the characters that are in English? I'm wondering if they'll just stick to the Japanese side of the fanbase or if some of us will get shout-outs by chance.

Makio

This is a joke, but sorry is too funny.

February 4

More Persona 4 news

HD version announced for PS4

(Persona 4 Platinum confirmed) hahahaha.

get

Do you guys think the stream will show off any of the votes for the characters that are in English? I'm wondering if they'll just stick to the Japanese side of the fanbase or if some of us will get shout-outs by chance.

And if a Persona 1/2 track wins, do you think they'll skip over it and have a P3/4 track win instead?

totally not baiting Personaforum.txt, honest

I think they'll probably stick to the Japanese side, since that's still the primary audience of the live stream. If they get a good number of English votes then they might acknowledge that though.

We still need another Movie trailer before Super Live to feature the main theme, I wonder if that could be included during the countdown. Anyone have a list of everything that was shown during the last one? I know we got trailers for a Music Live Bluray.

So, I want to make a couple of predictions of what will be shown at the event, and a few other things in general. I'll put them below.

-A new Persona 5 trailer with a release date of July 2, 2015 will be shown. The trailer will be about 2-3 minutes long, and after it is done being shown, the official website for the game will be updated with the full site, like with Devil Survivor 2: Break Record after TGS 2014. Meaning, the full site will be open, but other pages will still be yet to be revealed. We'll probably also see the CERO rating and price of the game, amongst other small bits of info.
-A new Persona 4: Dancing All Night trailer with a release month of April. A new song will be shown from the game, and bits of gameplay will be shown. We'll probably also see the CERO rating and price of the game, amongst other small bits of info, such as the official website being updated. I also believe the artist behind this new track will be at the PSL2015 event, where this trailer will be shown.
-The second button on the PSL2015 site will either link to the NicoNico livestream page when it's up, or http://p-ch.jp/movie/ if it really has been recreated.
-The NicoNico event will have a small promotion for "The Best" discounted version of P4G, and a glimpse of the P3M #3 CD. Then we'll see the PSL2015 event, and the results of the mail-in forms.
-The track shown in the Persona 5 trailer will also be played live at PSL2015 after it appears there. Shoji Meguro will most likely talk about it for a few minutes, then play the song.
-The 30-hour countdown will be similar to the seventy hour one from the first Persona livestream, with Persona recaps.

Remember, these are all me speaking in hypotheticals. I am not saying these things are happening. Let's see how many of these turns out to be correct.

Verder

give us a talking Red Panda for p5.

we had a dog and a bear.

not another P4 port please. I love p4 but cannot do another. Shit make Arena 1/2 a full on RPG for vita before you make another p4 port.

wmlk

So, I want to make a couple of predictions of what will be shown at the event, and a few other things in general. I'll put them below.

Remember, these are all me speaking in hypotheticals. I am not saying these things are happening. Let's see how many of these turns out to be correct.

I agree with most of these predictions, but don't you think performing one song from the game for 2-3 minutes will be way too short?

What I think makes more sense is a 7 minute trailer showcasing a lot about the game. The opening theme and the main theme (or battle theme) will be heard in said trailer. It'll also be performed at the concert.

2-3 minutes dedicated to P5 at the concert sounds a bit short.

I think that a P5 trailer will either be towards the end of or after the concert unless Atlus have another big surprise to end it on.

I'm sure there will be some sort of fakeout. We could get a Persona 5 track performed as part of the encore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom