• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, here's something I noticed. February 5, 2015 is exactly five months and five days since the last Persona 5 trailer, which was shown on September 1, 2014. Now, what numbers are moving on the event site? Two fives. Is this just a coincidence, or is this ATLUS subtly giving out a message?

With all the mystery surrounding this game, I wouldn't even consider this a coincidence. Come on Atlus! I AM SLAVE! I WANT EMANCIPATION!!!

What happened to July 16th?

I think the first Thursday of July makes more sense, as in my predictions, I say that February 5th will be the next trailer, and that date is the first Thursday of February. I'm pretty much rounding it up to the next five in terms of months and weeks combined. Since July 5th is a Sunday, it won't be released then, so I rounded it up.

Remember, these are all just predictions.

QuadOpto

Wheeeewwww I was wrong about thinking we wouldn't get anything about P5 before the concert!:p

Also whew for it being at 11 PM where I'm at. I mean, it'll only probably be like 2~3 hours long right? That still gives 4 to 5 hours of sleep til my class in the morning!

Though...I'm still on the train of thought thinking it'll mostly P4D and other Persona information, with only the last possible moments being something Persona 5 related.

Also, I think the "July 2nd" Release day theory is kiiiind of a stretch. Almost Halflife 3-esque.

It would be nice if it will be released around then though...Or sooner!

LX_Theo

Banned
What would we say is a good way to go about guessing the localization release date?

I'd say about a month after. Ultimax set somewhat of a precedent for that, and the high profile of Persona 5 means they'll be putting more effort into getting it out.

wmlk

What would we say is a good way to go about guessing the localization release date?

I'd say about a month after. Ultimax set somewhat of a precedent for that, and the high profile of Persona 5 means they'll be putting more effort into getting it out.

What makes you think that Ultimax didn't have a lot of effort put into it?

I'm thinking 5 months. P5 will likely be as large as P4.

Makio

give us a talking Red Panda for p5.

we had a dog and a bear..

Hell no a cat ... a sailor moon type of cat.

a_lunacat0.jpg

Her Persona , a egipcian godess of the cats (Bastet i think was named)

-The track shown in the Persona 5 trailer will also be played live at PSL2015 after it appears there. Shoji Meguro will most likely talk about it for a few minutes, then play the song..

If this happens ... oh my feeeels.
troy-barnes-emotions.gif

Makio

What about a tiger?

Even better , i love felines in general.
But the cats are in a lot of animes , so i can see that happens.

About the release i want to believe in a May / June date , that 25th of June Flux post sounds good right now.

Depending in P4DAN date of course.

See what happens in the next days.(or the 4th for that matter)

LX_Theo

Banned
What makes you think that Ultimax didn't have a lot of effort put into it?

I'm thinking 5 months. P5 will likely be as large as P4.
Uh... What? How in any world does that mean it hasn't had effort put into it?

We simply have some more recent precedents for how quickly they're willing to have that output for a new game. It being larger just means they'd need to allocate more staff (and they've had a longer time to work on it given the delay)

QuadOpto

Uh...the 30 hours thing is a joke right?

Like, I mean, I know they're gonna have a countdown for 30 hours, but they're not gonna actually reveal stuff for a full 30 hours....right?

I mean, if it was a weekend, that's one thing but come on! People got stuff to do on a Wednesday...>_>;

Makio

Maybe we have a stream of the people seting up the scenario for the concert. and the singers backstage making his stuff before the concert.

They need to fill the 30 hours with something hehe

wmlk

Uh... What? How in any world does that mean it hasn't had effort put into it?

We simply have some more recent precedents for how quickly they're willing to have that output for a new game. It being larger just means they'd need to allocate more staff (and they've had a longer time to work on it given the delay)

"and the high profile of Persona 5 means they'll be putting more effort into getting it out"

That's what you said. I'm saying that I think Atlus puts the same level of effort towards all their localizations.

And Ultimax is not a precedent to the size and volume of an 80 hour JRPG. That's why you have to look at P4 and P4G, which were 4 months and 5 months respectively.

Uh...the 30 hours thing is a joke right?

Like, I mean, I know they're gonna have a countdown for 30 hours, but they're not gonna actually reveal stuff for a full 30 hours....right?

I mean, if it was a weekend, that's one thing but come on! People got stuff to do on a Wednesday...>_>;

It won't be a full 30 hours even if it's mostly a countdown. The last one had several breaks where they just played music for a while.

Drop

And Ultimax is not a precedent to the size and volume of an 80 hour JRPG. That's why you have to look at P4 and P4G, which were 4 months and 5 months respectively.

That's exactly why I think looking at Ultimax for the localization time would be a big mistake, I haven't played it, but I doubt a fighting game has 10% of the dialogues in an rpg.

Makio

So the people who knows about this , what game is a good precedent :
Persona Q ? , Shin Megami Tensei IV ? , Persona 3/4 , DS Record Breaker ? ... Citizens of Earth (lol)

Busaiku

So the people who knows about this , what game is a good precedent :
Persona Q ? , Shin Megami Tensei IV ? , Persona 3/4 , DS Record Breaker ? ... Citizens of Earth (lol)

Clearly Devil Survivor Overclocked.
Persona 5 in the US first confirmed.

Verder

OT but I just finished SMT IV and holy hell was this game good. I don't know why this game gets the hate it does.

i dont think it got hate but more like some people were lightly upset due to the fact that the game was difficult at the beginning and than took a dive in difficulty and was too easy.
also the whole europe getting it late soured peoples interest in it.

I thought it was a perfect handheld game held back by the systems hardware.

FluxWaveZ

A random guess, pretty much.

Cool. Mine of June 25th, 2015 is purely random, too.

More things to consider concerning the event:

- Persona Stalker Club hasn't announced an episode for this month, which could potentially make January 2015 the first month that they've missed since the show started. Possibly, the PSC hosts could be featured in the February 4th live stream (which could also potentially explain why PSC is an associated tag with PSL2015 article posts on p-ch now).
- As discussed before, the time PSL2015 occurs at intersects with the February 4 live stream. Obviously not a coincidence.
- The vote for favorite music is probably related to P4D (which is essentially confirmed to be featured through the stream's logo) and the vote for favorite P4G character is probably related to the P4G The Best re-release.

I feel that, in a way, we're going into this knowing less of what to expect compared to the November 24, 2013 show? I dunno, feels weird. Next week will probably give us a better idea of the structure, along with where to watch it and stuff.

LX_Theo

Banned
"and the high profile of Persona 5 means they'll be putting more effort into getting it out"

That's what you said. I'm saying that I think Atlus puts the same level of effort towards all their localizations.

Uh... Again, what? That clearly means that they'd allocate more manpower to getting it out sooner over later. Not that they were lazy with Ultimax or their other localizations. My goodness.

And please stop trying to act like the size of the game will change it that dramatically. They had Arena localized for JPN launch (and voices for Ultimax). I'm talking about when the earliest they'd want to get it out with the issues of multiple regions on the table. You comparing it to the series when it was much smaller and the remaster rerelease of that game is a bad comparison.

If they can get Q out in that much time with other major projects on the table and it not being a priority, then it's not going to take them 5 months this time. Especially when they've said they were trying to get the releases of the games out as close to JPN release as possible (bar Q)

wmlk

Uh... Again, what? That clearly means that they'd allocate more manpower to getting it out sooner over later. Not that they were lazy with Ultimax or their other localizations. My goodness.

And please stop trying to act like the size of the game will change it that dramatically. They had Arena localized for JPN launch (and voices for Ultimax). I'm talking about when the earliest they'd want to get it out with the issues of multiple regions on the table. You comparing it to the series when it was much smaller and the remaster rerelease of that game is a bad comparison.

If they can get Q out in that much time with other major projects on the table and it not being a priority, then it's not going to take them 5 months this time. Especially when they've said they were trying to get the releases of the games out as close to JPN release as possible (bar Q)

You're taking this way too personally, it's kind of hilarious in context.

I said that I think Atlus puts the same level of effort towards all of their localizations, but how soon the games come out depends on the size of the game.

Arena and Ultimax are smaller than games like Persona Q, and it makes sense that they would come out sooner.

You're also forgetting that these games had arcade releases initially, which means that much of the game was likely ready for localization even before Japanese release

Persona Q is the latest Persona game that they've localized and it's a huge JRPG that spans dozens of hours. It's comparable to mainline Persona games in volume. That's why, since the game is obviously larger, it came out 5 months after its initial release like Persona 4 and P4G.

I'm saying that P4, P4G, and PQ are much better precedents than Ultimax, and all of those games took 4-5 months to be localized.

LX_Theo

Banned
You're taking this way too personally, it's kind of hilarious in context.

I said that I think Atlus puts the same level of effort towards all of their localizations, but how soon the games come out depends on the size of the game.

Arena and Ultimax are smaller than games like Persona Q, and it makes sense that they would come out sooner.

You're also forgetting that these games had arcade releases initially, which means that much of the game was likely ready for localization even before Japanese release

Persona Q is the latest Persona game that they've localized and it's a huge JRPG that spans dozens of hours. It's comparable to mainline Persona games in volume. That's why, since the game is obviously larger, it came out 5 months after its initial release like Persona 4 and P4G.

I'm saying that P4, P4G, and PQ are much better precedents than Ultimax, and all of those games took 4-5 months to be localized.
Personally? Once again, you're making these claims that are so ridiculous it just gets annoying. If anything I'm frustrated that you're not stopping misrepresenting my words. Please. Stop. It just makes me dislike you.

So you're argument is that Atlus has literally one possible amount of effort/manpower/attention/whatever they can give to a game regardless of their situation, other projects, or anything? I'm sure you can see the issue I've been having with that.

And you're forgetting that the arcade release didn't have a story mode. AKA, the majority of the localization.

Like I ALREADY SAID, Persona Q was made with a bunch of projects surrounding it. Atlus even went out of their way to say that Q was going to be their exception in getting it out as soon as they could because of the situation surrounding it. . In fact, Persona Q is an example of something that shouldn't be used as a precedent because of the situation surrounding it.

P4, P4G, and PQ have a huge amount of reasons they shouldn't be considered as precedents. Ultimax at least gives us an idea of how long they want to wait to deal with importing concerns between the games.

wmlk

Personally? Once again, you're making these claims that are so ridiculous it just gets annoying. If anything I'm frustrated that you're not stopping misrepresenting my words. Please. Stop. It just makes me dislike you.

So you're argument is that Atlus has literally one possible amount of effort/manpower/attention/whatever they can give to a game regardless of their situation, other projects, or anything? I'm sure you can see the issue I've been having with that.

And you're forgetting that the arcade release didn't have a story mode. AKA, the majority of the localization.

Like I ALREADY SAID, Persona Q was made with a bunch of projects surrounding it. Atlus even went out of their way to say that Q was going to be their exception in getting it out as soon as they could because of the situation surrounding it. . In fact, Persona Q is an example of something that shouldn't be used as a precedent because of the situation surrounding it.

P4, P4G, and PQ have a huge amount of reasons they shouldn't be considered as precedents. Ultimax at least gives us an idea of how long they want to wait to deal with importing concerns between the games.

Sure, I felt like you were taking things personally. If you actually read your responses compared to mine, you'd see the same. My apologies if I misinterpreted anything.

And I realize that the fighting games didn't have story context, but that context was likely ready and much far ahead behind the scenes. I think they were able to get into localizing the stuff because of that.

And no, I don't think that Atlus can exert the same amount of effort towards everything, but their release cycles have been consistent enough with P4, P4G, and PQ where all three games came out 4-5 months after they were released in Japan.

I honestly doubt it. They wouldn't go this far for just a new project, an anime, etc. Remember, the Golden animation was NOT announced by ATLUS, nor was it a stream by ATLUS. It was a stream by Aniplex that announced that. I feel we'll see P5 and P4D. The background of the event site, the moving fives, the same font, the P5MC in the background, the posts being (formerly) tagged as "Persona 5", and Hashino saying we'd see more after the new year. Come on, it's P5.

Also, here's something I noticed. February 5, 2015 is exactly five months and five days since the last Persona 5 trailer, which was shown on September 1, 2014. Now, what numbers are moving on the event site? Two fives. Is this just a coincidence, or is this ATLUS subtly giving out a message?
That seems like way too much effort to be a coincidence. Now whether Atlus is gonna make an announcement or troll us, we don't know

LX_Theo

Banned
Sure, I felt like you were taking things personally. If you actually read your responses compared to mine, you'd see the same. My apologies if I misinterpreted anything.

And I realize that the fighting games didn't have story context, but that context was likely ready and much far ahead behind the scenes. I think they were able to get into localizing the stuff because of that.

And no, I don't think that Atlus can exert the same amount of effort towards everything, but their release cycles have been consistent enough with P4, P4G, and PQ where all three games came out 4-5 months after they were released in Japan.
Again, people misrepresenting my argument is annoying. Simple as that. You insisting that I was taking it too personally is just more of this that is getting more and more annoying.

That's not an assumption you can make. The entire story mode was not in the arcade release (nor English voices, I believe). There's a reason there is a big gap between the arcade release and the console release. That's without considering the fact that they ported it over to 360 for the localized release.

Again, you're just using three games that don't offer a realistic perspective on their capabilities. You're ignoring the changes since the earlier released and the context around the recent releases.

Sophia

I will be busy most of February the 3rd, but I will try and stream the event the whole way if I can. No guarantees however.

EDIT: Got someone to watch my grandmother for that day. Barring anything happening between now and 11 PM Eastern on February 3rd, live stream is a go!

Zebetite

Banned
I will be busy most of February the 3rd, but I will try and stream the event the whole way if I can. No guarantees however.

EDIT: Got someone to watch my grandmother for that day. Barring anything happening between now and 11 PM Eastern on February 3rd, live stream is a go!

Thanks! And everyone else who's offered a restream. I'm excited to see what they've got in store for us.

After last time, a little bit nervous, too...

salromano

I honestly doubt it. They wouldn't go this far for just a new project, an anime, etc. Remember, the Golden animation was NOT announced by ATLUS, nor was it a stream by ATLUS. It was a stream by Aniplex that announced that. I feel we'll see P5 and P4D. The background of the event site, the moving fives, the same font, the P5MC in the background, the posts being (formerly) tagged as "Persona 5", and Hashino saying we'd see more after the new year. Come on, it's P5.

Nope. The Golden anime was announced by Atlus on its "Shadow Hour TV: Persona Hour" live stream in May last year. IIRC a rep from Aniplex showed up (I might be wrong on that point), but it was an Atlus stream nonetheless.

Anyway, I think Persona 5 and Persona 4: Dancing All Night are shoe-ins. I wouldn't mind there being no new project announcements. I'd honestly prefer there not be. Focus on these two games and get them out. Unless you want to announce Persona 3 for Vita, I'll allow that.

That's pretty nutty about the dates. I hope they do the 5/5/2015 thing just because it's neat, but that's a Tuesday in Japan and games usually release on Thursdays. Either way, I more likely see Persona 4: Dancing All Night coming out around that time and Persona 5 being more towards the summer or later in the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom