• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT9| SPOILER TAGS OR DIE

Me too man , i mean Makoto is my "waifu" for this game nothing i would love more than Cherami Leigh blow me away with her Makoto but i keeping my hopes low.

Erica Lindbeck is just great , the more i listen to her in SMT Apocalypse more i'm sure Futaba is gonna be a great contender versus Bailey's Rise as the best "navi" voice haha.

She sounds great. I'm just not sure how she's going to handle the (SPOILERS)
psychological fuck-up she is when we first meet her. The trailer has her as exclusively bold.

┐(ツ)┌

I'mma go with "No." to be safe.

On a more serious note, I liked what I saw of the script from that Gamespot video. Seemed to flow well and have the character that I enjoy in previous Atlus games. The only real exception were the stilted objectives, but I can't say that bothers me too much. I think it bodes well that that every long video I've seen (this and the livestream specifically) seem to have a good script. Can't wait for April 4th.
*flicks forehead*
Hush.
Hushing, haha.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
who here is using P5MC's canon name?

He doesn't have one. His manga name is just as "canon" as Minato Arisato and Souji Seta. That is, not canon at all.
I went with 主人公 in my playthrough because I'm a boring sod.

PK Gaming

He doesn't have one. His manga name is just as "canon" as Minato Arisato and Souji Seta. That is, not canon at all.

Well that's to be expected, considering your avatar

hoDgXds.png

kidding. mostly

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
Well that's to be expected, considering your avatar

hoDgXds.png

kidding. mostly

Don't worry, I don't disagree with your evaluation.
I've been meaning to change my avatar for some time though, since Naegi really means very little to me after where that series has gone (the toilet), but that's a discussion for another community thread.
I just can't find anything I'd rather have as an avatar instead.

who here is using P5MC's canon name?

This guy!
I crave that sweet, sweet validation...

It's as canon as we've got for now.
Not to mention it came out the same time as the game.

PK Gaming

Don't worry, I don't disagree with your evaluation.
I've been meaning to change my avatar for some time though, since Naegi really means very little to me after where that series has gone (the toilet), but that's a discussion for another community thread.
I just can't find anything I'd rather have as an avatar instead.

vgQaLMf.png

Well that backfired...

Olengie

Hope they start announce the pre order bonuses soon, if we get any. I totally hate Amazon's "Pre Order" bonuses for the CE, which is basically the contents of the CE.

Mediking

Persona 3 and Persona 4 spoilers!

Which event was more memorable to you?

Persona 3: Shinjiro's death?

OR....

Persona 4: Nanako's "fake" death?

My answer:
Ironically... That scene in the hospital in P4 where you hear that Nanako has died really hit me. I thought Nanako was super annoying but suddenly the kid got kidnapped by some guy and THEN she got killed?! I felt super sad....

I also felt sad about Shinjiro but I was moreso mad at Ken

What about you?

P4 easy. Shit was emotional as hell for me. Especially when they hit you with that I'll Face Myself track and everyone's reaction.

They definitely built more of a connection with what happened in P4 than they did for that event in P3.

P4.
Mostly cause of P3's contrivances
(Why does a single bullet kill the tank with a regenerate power? Why don't they chase after Takaya? Why does nobody try to heal him?)
and cause
Shinjiro wanted it that way (even if it was because he was so wracked with guilt that he felt it was the only way he could have atoned)

PK Gaming

P4.
(Why does a single bullet kill the tank with a regenerate power? Why don't they chase after Takaya? Why does nobody try to heal him?)
and cause
Shinjiro wanted it that way (even if it was because he was so wracked with guilt that he felt it was the only way he could have atoned)

I'm surprised you haven't even considered gameplay/story segregation. Anyway,
Persona users are only human in the end, and they obviously can't take lethal damage. Several bullets are enough to take pretty much any human down, and healing spells wouldn't work because of the above.

P4 has an even bigger contrivance in the form of Nanako magically reviving after death. lol

I'd say there's pretty big problems with both scenes (as others have mentioned) but I personally like the P3 one more because it leads to Akihiko's awakening scene, which is one of my favourites in the series.

P4. I was spoiled on P3's and wasn't really attached to the character in question due to him only being in the party for a month.

I didn't know about
Nanako's 'death'
ahead of time when I watched P4's anime, and I didn't see it coming at all. I got pretty choked up watching.

I was definitely puzzled
when she got revived, because she was dead for like an entire day in the anime.
it's not as bad in the games because
it's only like 10 minutes there
but it was still weird. I was happy, but it was weird.

Mediking

Thanks for all the replies so far everyone! I appreciate it!!!

P4. I was spoiled on P3's and wasn't really attached to the character in question due to him only being in the party for a month.

I didn't know about
Nanako's 'death'
ahead of time when I watched P4's anime, and I didn't see it coming at all. I got pretty choked up watching.

I was definitely puzzled
when she got revived, because she was dead for like an entire day in the anime.
it's not as bad in the games because
it's only like 10 minutes there
but it was still weird. I was happy, but it was weird.

WHAT THE HECK?!?!?

NANAKO WAS DEAD FOR AN ENTIRE DAY IN THE ANIME?!

Thanks for all the replies so far everyone! I appreciate it!!!

WHAT THE HECK?!?!?

NANAKO WAS DEAD FOR AN ENTIRE DAY IN THE ANIME?!

Yeah instead of
waking up after the confrontation with Namatame, she stays dead long enough that there's even a shot of her in the hospital morgue and shit during the next episode. She wakes up after the second talk with Namatame.

I mean
we get a scene with Narukami crying on Yosuke's shoulder as a result
but yeah.

Mediking

Yeah instead of
waking up after the confrontation with Namatame, she stays dead long enough that there's even a shot of her in the hospital morgue and shit during the next episode. She wakes up after the second talk with Namatame.

I mean
we get a scene with Narukami crying on Yosuke's shoulder as a result
but yeah.

Lmao.... wow... do you have a gif of
Narukami actually crying on Yosuke's shoulder???

Persona users are only human in the end, and they obviously can't take lethal damage. Several bullets are enough to take pretty much any human down, and healing spells wouldn't work because of the above.

P4 has an even bigger contrivance in the form of Nanako magically reviving after death. lol

Easy fix for that.
Don't have Takaya use his gun in combat. Have him only use his Persona which he sees as making him oh-so-special.

For real, it's probably just cause P3 makes me cranky ;P

jzbluz

P4.
and cause

I thought Shinjiro was dying anyway because of the medicine he was taking?

OR....

Really hard to pick. Emotional climax for both games.

But I guess Nanako's "death" got to me more because when she was revived I didn't think "Shit, they bailed out of actually killing her" but thought "OH MY FUCKING GOD SHE ACTUALLY LIVES FUCK YES", as if she was real. Then again, I had a similar reaction to watching Shinjiro's NG+ ending in P3P, so I guess I really cannot pick overall.

Dantis

I'd argue that the P3 one has bigger contrivances because the reactions of the characters don't make any sense.

Personally, I can live with the world not making sense much more than the characters.

Mediking

So.... ummm.... I was thinkin'..... GAF has these really cool threads of "(insert highly anticipated game here) has been getting really cool fanart lately". There's a huge Overwatch version, Zelda version and even a Horizon version.

I was kinda considering making a Persona 5 version because there is alotta cool Persona 5 fanart out there...

Anybody wanna... help? Or if you know an actual safe haven of NON-spoilery Persona 5 fanart then please lemme know.

Dantis

That's not a bad idea for a thread. You'd have to avoid all the fan servicey stuff though. Persona fanart turns sexualised pretty quickly.

Really hard to pick. Emotional climax for both games.

But I guess Nanako's "death" got to me more because when she was revived I didn't think "Shit, they bailed out of actually killing her" but thought "OH MY FUCKING GOD SHE ACTUALLY LIVES FUCK YES", as if she was real. Then again, I had a similar reaction to watching Shinjiro's NG+ ending in P3P, so I guess I really cannot pick overall.

Regarding the P3 spoiler...

Y'all should've seen how it feels when you're 7 ranks through his S. Link as FeMC. Fucking wrecked me. Shinjiro's still my favorite male character in all of Persona.

Mediking

That's not a bad idea for a thread. You'd have to avoid all the fan servicey stuff though. Persona fanart turns sexualised pretty quickly.

Heh. Yeah. I'll start working on it and push it out a few weeks before Persona 5 releases.

Alotta good Persona 5 is out there. Especially from PersonaGaF.

Joker and Ann(e) are the most popular fanart characters by far.

OR....

My answer:
Ironically... That scene in the hospital in P4 where you hear that Nanako has died really hit me. I thought Nanako was super annoying but suddenly the kid got kidnapped by some guy and THEN she got killed?! I felt super sad....

I also felt sad about Shinjiro but I was moreso mad at Ken

What about you?

Definitely
Nanako.

You think she's annoying? What's wrong with you?

Heh. Yeah. I'll start working on it and push it out a few weeks before Persona 5 releases.

Alotta good Persona 5 is out there. Especially from PersonaGaF.

Joker and Ann(e) are the most popular fanart characters by far.

Can you link some examples? Thanks.

Random question for you all. Don't know if I've asked this here, but I like seeing what others think about Persona 5's potential critical reception. Good reviews certainly don't hurt a game's sales and I'm strangely anticipating this game's reviews more than usual.

Based off what you've seen/heard/played, where do you think Persona 5 will end up in terms of its Metacritic score?

Random question for you all. Don't know if I've asked this here, but I like seeing what others think about Persona 5's potential critical reception. Good reviews certainly don't hurt a game's sales and I'm strangely anticipating this game's reviews more than usual.

Based off what you've seen/heard/played, where do you think Persona 5 will end up in terms of its Metacritic score?

80-95.

Note that I don't really pay attention to meta critic so these numbers may be a bit off

Top Bottom