• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT9| SPOILER TAGS OR DIE

artsi

Can't wait to see the finished product :)

Took a while, been busy, this is (almost) finished now :p

lEWJIs6.jpg

Corginand

Both of my orders have been "Preparing for Shipment" all day :( I'm suffering... I hope to have the game no later than thursday, though a wednesday delivery would be great.

Anyways I finally know what I'm naming MC: Jun Fukuyama (totally original lol)

Mediking

Wow. Talk about a robbery. That fanart thread for P5 that I've been working on for a good while and pouring alotta effort into being enjoyable just got stolen. Trojita made a thread for fanart.

MSMrRound

Wow. Talk about a robbery. That fanart thread for P5 that I've been working on for a good while and pouring alotta effort into being enjoyable just got stolen. Trojita made a thread for fanart.

Fanart threads doesn't have dibs on it, unlike OTs. Chances are Trojita didn't know you were working on one and decided to make a thread in its place.

Instead of dwelling on that fact, why not try contacting Trojita and see if the two of you can pool resources together to revamp and make it a better fanart thread? Just a suggestion.

This overscan issue is frustrating. Not unplayable, but second lines of subtitles are being cut off. I guess I have to get a newer TV to fix it. :|

Game is really slow to start, and I thought P3 was slow. But man the music...so good.

I'm not really sold on the English dub so far, but I can't figure out how to switch to JP with my current save. edit: ah I guess you have to go back to the title screen after saving.

Also, is there any way to turn off all subtitles? With the log feature it seems a bit unnecessary outside of cutscenes.

Sophia

This overscan issue is frustrating. Not unplayable, but second lines of subtitles are being cut off. I guess I have to get a newer TV to fix it. :|

Game is really slow to start, and I thought P3 was slow. But man the music...so good.

I'm not really sold on the English dub so far, but I can't figure out how to switch to JP with my current save. edit: ah I guess you have to go back to the title screen after saving.

Also, is there any way to turn off all subtitles? With the log feature it seems a bit unnecessary outside of cutscenes.

Are you playing on PS3 or PS4? If you're playing on PS4, you need to adjust your settings in the PS4 configuration so that the screen size matches with your TV.

Are you playing on PS3 or PS4? If you're playing on PS4, you need to adjust your settings in the PS4 configuration so that the screen size matches with your TV.

Yeah I'm aware, I don't have this issue with other games. It doesn't matter how small I make the display size in the PS4 config, it's still cut off on the edges. Maybe this game has a problem displaying at 720p/1080i, which is what my TV is.

Sophia

Yeah I'm aware, I don't have this issue with other games. It doesn't matter how small I make the display size in the PS4 config, it's still cut off on the edges. Maybe this game has a problem displaying at 720p/1080i, which is what my TV is.

Maybe try setting the PS4 to display at 720p specifically, instead of letting it defaulting to whatever it does?

Mediking

This.
Game.
Is.
Amazing.

So good. So gripping... the music... the style.

Somebody help me find a cool Joker avatar!!! Sorry, Minato!!!

DNAbro

Atlus Japan continues to be such a backwards company for no good reason.

Anyways game is fucking amazing. Put in 10 hours since launch last night. First dungeon done.

Lunar15

Someone's gotta go over there and talk to Atlus corporate. It's really unfortunate to see the insane amount of work, love, and care that goes into their games get obscured by antiquated and mythical business fears.

FluxWaveZ

There's a very clear division between the creative teams and the business teams at Atlus, and it becomes apparent when we see how games like Persona 5 are handled. It's unfortunate; it almost looks like they're sabotaging themselves at times, like with the P4A incident.

Sophia

There's a very clear division between the creative teams and the business teams at Atlus, and it becomes apparent when we see how games like Persona 5 are handled. It's unfortunate; it almost looks like they're sabotaging themselves at times, like with the P4A incident.

We're seeing the Streisand effect in full force too. Because Atlus doesn't want people to stream it for "spoiler reasons", people are going out of their way to stream and/or spoil for people.

This didn't happen for other story heavy games, like Nier: Automata. :\

Oh yeah. I found a way to stream without a capture card. Basically Remote Play to the PC and stream that. >_>;

asagami_

Banned
Oh, my local shop totally screwed it and they didn't receive PS3 copies, that I have to wait a month. Fuck no.

I will have faith in to Amazon deliver me the game tomorrow.

Lunar15

Hey all, figured I'd stop in and say hello; for old time's sake. It was a long wait for all of us. :)

It's crazy to think about what this thread was, what it became, and what it is now. It's weird to think that I was here for its conception.

Levito

Banned
HELLO THERE LEVITO. :D

And the long wait is over. <3

Kinda amazing that we were all frothing at the mouth for it in 2013 hahaha

It's crazy to think about what this thread was, what it became, and what it is now. It's weird to think that I was here for its conception.

Yeah, feels like there's a few members of that old PGAF community that vanished over the years, such is the inevitable march of time. I hope wherever they are they're enjoying the game too.

Sophia

Kinda amazing that we were all frothing at the mouth for it in 2013 hahaha

Yeah, feels like there's a few members of that old PGAF community that vanished over the years. Such is the inevitable march of time, I hope wherever they are they're enjoying the game too.

I think almost everyone is on Twitter, IRC, and/or Discord in some manner. Wouldn't be surprised if more oldbies show up.

And yeah, I saw logs from the November 2013 event... and the best part is, the game was totally worth the wait. It's absolutely amazing and damn near perfect.

Lunar15

I truly do think the hype around release would have been almost unmatched had it released a year or two ago. 4 years (from the first announcement) when we've known so much about it was just a bit too long. Honestly, I think there was more buzz around the Japanese release than the US one.

Or maybe that's just me, I've been through some weird shit in the past few months and that's definitely cooled me down.

Levito

Banned
Two years ago I distanced myself from most Persona-related things cause I just got so exhausted *waiting* for P5. Didn't want to build up resentment or anything like that. The only Persona related content I saw in the last year was when I had to give impressions of Attus' E3 stage demo last year.

Do old-timers like Kaneko not have any power or influence over decisions like this? It's strange because I always viewed Atlus as kind of a daring, indie studio, but then decisions like this are really tone deaf and customer-hostile.

Lunar15

Do old-timers like Kaneko not have any power or influence over decisions like this? It's strange because I always viewed Atlus as kind of a daring, indie studio, but then decisions like this are really tone deaf and customer-hostile.

Kaneko would have to escape the flower field first.

For quite a while they were owned by a company that ended up going bankrupt due to fraud...

Lynx_7

Still gonna take a while for me. Unfortunate that this had to come at such a busy time :(
I'll probably be able to focus on it around June.

Lunar15

The translation is largely fine so far, but I also feel like I'm looking for stuff to call out. Feels bad.

It does kinda feel like a lot of statements aren't well connected? Hard to explain. Anyway, I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Only real complaint so far is the walking and running movement. It doesn't feel too good.

I love Ryuji's VA though.

Top Bottom