• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT9| SPOILER TAGS OR DIE

I'm not sure "Surpass survive" is what is being said there. It's more like "My game's always the best of <something>", or something like that.

I've replayed that lyric a bunch of times, it's definitely an s sound, not a the, though it probably isn't surpass survive. Actually now I'm thinking that line is

"My game's always, so pass on by"

In terms of non-lyrical tracks on the P5 OST so far, I really dig tracks 13 (Restlessness) and 14 (Desire) a lot. Big departure from usual Persona fare.

Jintor

Anyone have a guide to getting PS5 through PSN? Wanna have a look and see if it's worth cancelling my amazon order

Darksol

I hate you everyone of you who will play Persona 5 tomorrow.

But please, spoil me so hard.

A little longer than that. It's 11:09 am, September 13th here in Japan. So digital buyers here still have a day and a half to go. People like me who won't be playing until after work on the 15th have a solid two days to go >.<

Lunar15

I've always said that the Persona Sound Team's greatest skill is in percussion. It's not often talked about, but the drum beats they use in their songs is what makes them really stand out, in my opinion. P5 is absolutely no slouch in this respect so far, and they've honestly outdone themselves.

So Atlus didn't put the final boss music or credits theme into the soundtrack CD released for Persona 5 right? Unless one of the tracks is it and I don't know...

DNAbro

So Atlus didn't put the final boss music or credits theme into the soundtrack CD released for Persona 5 right? Unless one of the tracks is it and I don't know...

I wouldn't be surprised if it's like only 1/3 of the soundtrack. It doesn't even have all the music we've heard so far.

also guys I can't stop listening to the battle theme. It's so fucking good holy shit.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
I wouldn't be surprised if it's like only 1/3 of the soundtrack. It doesn't even have all the music we've heard so far.

also guys I can't stop listening to the battle theme. It's so fucking good holy shit.

I think 1/3 is being optimistic. Tracks 3, 5, and 7 are all just scoring for the anime cutscenes, as you can hear in the 18 minute prologue gameplay and as such probably won't ever be heard in the game again. And based on the length of some of the other songs, I'd say they're probably the same way. I think they tried to pad the soundtrack with some songs like those so they could keep more spoilery ones underwraps, and also so they can sell a proper soundtrack at a later date.

Also yeah, the battle theme is fucking amazing.

Sophia

Seeing as endgame spoilers are upon us, I want to remind people of this.

If it wasn't released by Atlus in official material, it needs to go under properly marked spoiler tags.

Here are some examples.

Not acceptable said:
Holy crap, I just fought the Persona 5 final boss, it's Aigis

Hey guys, I just fought the final boss of Persona 5, it's
Aigis

Acceptable said:
Persona 5 Final boss spoilers:
The final boss is Aigis.

Persona 5 ending spoilers:
Aigis takes over the world and makes everyone a robot slave.

If you're not sure, err on the side of caution and ask. There are a few of us who are spoiler hounds and we can tell you how to properly mark it. I am currently reading all the spoilers right now, so feel free to ask me if you like.

Carelessness is not an accident. If everyone puts forth a little bit of thoughtfulness, there shouldn't be any issue and we can all enjoy the game the way we like. :D

Satsuya K.

Neo Member
Five fucking months for us elsewhere. Atlus better release the next title (if there will be one) worldwide. I don't mind the spoilers though, still pissed we have to wait that long, damn you Atlus USA

Five fucking months for us elsewhere. Atlus better release the next title (if there will be one) worldwide. I don't mind the spoilers though, still pissed we have to wait that long, damn you Atlus USA

You know, when you take into consideration that it's taken SMT4A seven months to get here, the wait for P5 doesn't seem so bad.

Though now I wonder what took that game so long...

artsi

Yeah fuck those spoilers, I'm locking myself in without internet from tomorrow and just play the game.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
If I don't want to know any spoilers, but have one question about the gamefor those who have read them, is there anyone I can DM?

Satsuya K.

Neo Member
You know, when you take into consideration that it's taken SMT4A seven months to get here, the wait for P5 doesn't seem so bad.

Though now I wonder what took that game so long...

Bowser's Inside Story was released elsewhere way long after it's Japanese release, couldn't find the reason why. Still. they should had started localization way earlier. They better explain why the long wait for us.

Bowser's Inside Story was released elsewhere way long after it's Japanese release, couldn't find the reason why. Still. they should had started localization way earlier. They better explain why the long wait for us.

I know that, religious subject matter aside, there's some raw shit in SMT4F. How that ends up in SMT4A, we'll find out in a week.

If P5's anything like that, then I can certainly understand.

Sophia

Madness indeed. Welcome to it's mind.

I made the decision to just go ahead and read them given the five month wait. It was basically a guarantee that the spoilers would be added to TVTropes and I'd get partially spoiled anyhow. Figured there was no point in delaying the inevitable.

Satsuya K.

Neo Member
Update on spoilers; seems 4chan has already said what the ending is but full details not yet revealed. NEVER GO THERE for any reason, lots of spoilers I had seen.

I have only one question I'd like to be spoiled on. Besides Igor, are any characters from past Persona games returning in P5? If they're really important to the story don't give me all the details.

Arjac

I have only one question I'd like to be spoiled on. Besides Igor, are any characters from past Persona games returning in P5? If they're really important to the story don't give me all the details.
Been watching the leak thread, nothing so far.
Considering what has been shown it would probably have to be a minor cameo

Satsuya K.

Neo Member
Cooperation spoiler;
After hearing about Igor being the Fool Cooperation, I hope that he'll mention the previous casts since P1 and possibly Philemon

Update on spoilers; Reddit has already got shit tons of them, better stay away from it.

Mmmmm should I resist P5 for this week and save myself an extra 10,000 yen for TGS, and buy it Tuesday when I get paid... or just fuck it and hope I don't need the extra monies...

dang it.

Satsuya K.

Neo Member
The full ost is out now, I have it downloaded on my hard drive. I should start pre ordering, got lots of money made over the summer. 90 bucks isn't that bad,

Satsuya K.

Neo Member
Good, Nachos. People will get anxious during the wait. I hope for those who doesn't want to be spoiled get through the painful wait. So, what else should we talk about now that Waiting Hell has started?

Good, Nachos. People will get anxious during the wait. I hope for those who doesn't want to be spoiled get through the painful wait. So, what else should we talk about now that Waiting Hell has started?
One my package ships I'll keep you guys updated on his position if you want :p

Madness indeed. Welcome to it's mind.

I made the decision to just go ahead and read them given the five month wait. It was basically a guarantee that the spoilers would be added to TVTropes and I'd get partially spoiled anyhow. Figured there was no point in delaying the inevitable.
Taking one for the team. So I'm ducking out of this thread and Reddit's Persona/Megaten Threads. See y'all in Feb.

amazon's not even gonna ship my game until the 15th bla
I ordered from Nippon-Yasan and it's the same unfortunately ç_ç

Considering the 20th Anniversary Edition is now out in the wild, has anyone found a good enough pic of the back of the box? I really need that as a wallpaper.

Satsuya K.

Neo Member
Good luck. I await the gameplay and social life so story stuff doesn't matter only.

What good place should I pre order from for the US P5 Take Your Heart edition? I hate to spend more than 100 bucks.

Top Bottom