• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT9| SPOILER TAGS OR DIE

Zolo

I actually got Hardcore Risette on my first playthrough. It probably helped I played on the hardest difficulty.

Yeah I went in deep into the spoilers. Also trophies have leaked now. There is one that is honestly non-spoilery but it pisses me off so I want to mention it.

Basically Hardcore Risette Fan 2.0

MOTHERFUCKER.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU--
That shit broke me with P4G, I was writing down dialogue and cross-referencing lists by the end of it. I'm assuming it's a Futaba trophy? Her English voice better be as non-grating as Laura Bailey's, because I think that was the only thing that got me through it.

On the bright side, I now know what to do to make the process a lot less soul destroying. Sigh.

Atlus, you sick sadistic bastards.

Lynx_7

Should really add in a gay option, Atlus. You put in gay option and Nazis in Innocent Sin, why back off on those stuff now?
Wait, you telling me there are no nazis in P5!? Pre-order cancelled.

Just kidding, I don't preorder stuff.

I'm kinda upset at myself at spoiling things before the game even comes out but oddly enough I feel like it will make the waiting easier.

I'm a bit conflicted. I'm
disappointed at the spoilers we got,
but I'm kinda glad that I read them because now I feel settled and have no problem waiting until February.

That bad huh? Flopsona 5 confirmed:p

But wow, so many fallen comrades already and this isn't even release day.

PK Gaming

I'm going to say this twice, yes twice, for emphasis

Hardcore Risette Fan Isn't A Difficult Trophy To Obtain

Hardcore Risette Fan Isn't A Difficult Trophy To Obtain

The reason people aren't getting it is because they aren't making use of the full party. Regularly swapping between characters is the easiest way to obtain the trophy. Every Rise line, counts so even things like "Yosuke senpai was cool...? No way!" or costume commentary counts If you've strictly been sticking to one party, then getting the trophy is pretty much impossible. Going to the very end of the game and trying to desperately get the trophy will cause you to fail as well. This is something that must be done very early on.

I've been able to get it on 2 separate occasions, so believe me, yes believe me when I say that it's a fairly easy trophy to get.

12BoM

Can somebody point me in the right direction about where I can find the FULL ost? I dont wanna see any spoilers but I definitely wanna listen to the soundtrack

Setsu00

Can somebody point me in the right direction about where I can find the FULL ost? I dont wanna see any spoilers but I definitely wanna listen to the soundtrack

There is no full OST and as Kagari said, this is against the rules of this board.

Setsu00

Multiple posters have inferred that they do in fact have it, and its even against rules to ask for a hint? lol

They don't have the full OST, they have the Anniversary OST which does only contain a couple of tracks. And yes, it is against the rules as far as I know.

Lynx_7

To the people that read the spoilers, does it compare favorably to P4 and P3, about the same or worse? Plotwise, as I'm absolutely convinced the game part is bound to be better.
A straightforward, non-spoilery answer will suffice, no need to go into details.

jzbluz

To the people that read the spoilers, does it compare favorably to P4 and P3, about the same or worse? Plotwise, as I'm absolutely convinced the game part is bound to be better.
A straightforward, non-spoilery answer will suffice, no need to go into details.

Personal opinion,
I found the plot twist worse, but maybe the execution will be good.

DNAbro

There isn't enough to say considering the best parts of the games are the characters and their interactions. Not going to give an opinion without seeing everything in context either.

barybll

Banned
Personal opinion,
I found the plot twist worse, but maybe the execution will be good.
What if

(Big spoilers ahead, dont read if you have no idea who
the traitor
is)
there is a double plot twist with goro having been brainwashed?

But yeah
Goro being the apparent traitor was a bit too expected

_Ryo_

It's much darker than P4, just as I suspected,

Nachos

They don't have the full OST, they have the Anniversary OST which does only contain a couple of tracks. And yes, it is against the rules as far as I know.
Full OST has been out for a few hours already, but yeah, people are going to have to look beyond general discussion threads here.

muteki

Full OST has been out for a few hours already, but yeah, people are going to have to look beyond general discussion threads here.
The JP special edition anniversary pack-in shouldn't really be the "Full OST" for P5. I'd expect a more complete collection to come out later for ~40 dollars or more.

DNAbro

In the ongoing saga of "Can you date a guy in Persona 5 or not?" their is a trophy for
getting in a relationship. No gender specified. I asked Mystic to translate it.

jzbluz

I should probably go find the spoiler thread.

What if

(Big spoilers ahead, dont read if you have no idea who
the traitor
is)
there is a double plot twist with goro having been brainwashed?

But yeah
Goro being the apparent traitor was a bit too expected

I've read basically every spoiler I could get my hands on. This is why I think first spoiler won't happen,
he's not in the credits so he probably doesn't redeem himself.

I really want to know more about the SLs, but I'm debating whether to just leave it for February.

Setsu00

In the ongoing saga of "Can you date a guy in Persona 5 or not?" their is a trophy for

This is the only thing I don't mind to know ahead of release.
Can someone tell me when we get confimation on whether we can romance guys? And please don't tell me who the same-sex option is (if there is one).

barybll

Banned
I should probably go find the spoiler thread.

I've read basically every spoiler I could get my hands on. This is why I think first spoiler won't happen,
he's not in the credits so he probably doesn't redeem himself.

I really want to know more about the SLs, but I'm debating whether to just leave it for February.

Well
He might not redeem himself, but he might die at some point

artsi

I will not do that again, I promise

I mean it's not against the thread rules or anything, but it's still kind of dangerous navigating the thread especially with a phone and I think that people who are reading the black bars are in that thread anyway :p

_Ryo_

On one hand, I am really glad I read those spoilers.
On the other hand, I really regret that I read those spoilers.

X_X

Goodness gracious, it's going to start looking like redacted CIA documents in here with all the spoilers. I'm just going to dip until I at least have the game in my hands in a few days.

I literally woke up and wandered into a discussion oblivious to the ps3 mining t-t

My condolences.

Setsu00

X_X

Regret in the sense of "Oh man, now I won't get to experience this first hand without knowing the twist" or regret in the sense of "Oh boy, what a joke! At least I can cancel my preorder now"?

barybll

Banned
Regret in the sense of "Oh man, now I won't get to experience this first hand without knowing the twist" or regret in the sense of "Oh boy, what a joke! At least I can cancel my preorder now"?

Well, personally,I want to read more of the context of the spoilers
Its an interesting development, if its disappointing or not depends on your expectations

I regret not going blind into the game tho
I pray that I will just forget most of it (of course I will probably not forget the megaton one) till February

Zolo

For me, it's the former.....but honestly, I doubt I'd be able to keep in the dark for five months.

jzbluz

This is the only thing I don't mind to know ahead of release.
Can someone tell me when we get confimation on whether we can romance guys? And please don't tell me who the same-sex option is (if there is one).

My hope is so low, but if that happens, it would make me so happy.

X_X

Me too.

I literally woke up and wandered into a discussion oblivious to the ps3 mining t-t

I knew hours ahead that the ps3 was being data mined, and I still stuck around, so I have no one to blame but myself.

Nachos

Seriously, I think all spoiler-related discussion should be edited out, and all future ones should be moved to the spoiler thread.

The game isn't officially out yet, and tons of people are trying to weather the five-month storm. In the coming months, there's also going to be localization talk, and probably new players looking to jump onto one of the older games because of P5. Everyone playing along will have the import OT, too, so soon there won't be much reason to post anything story-related here.

I don't actually know who it is, but if you know who the
traitor
is, I'm going to guess you're the type who'd want to discuss the spoilers anyway, since I'm sure that's late-game. Moving everything to the thread frees you from needing to tag every post, and prevents anyone else from clicking any tags by accident.

Zolo

Seriously, I think all spoiler-related discussion should be edited out, and all future ones should be moved to the spoiler thread.

The game isn't officially out yet, and tons of people are trying to weather the five-month storm. In the coming months, there's also going to be localization talk, and probably new players looking to jump onto one of the older games because of P5. Everyone playing along will have the import OT, too, so soon there won't be much reason to post anything story-related here.

traitor
is, I'm going to guess you're the type who'd want to discuss the spoilers anyway, since I'm sure that's late-game. Moving everything to the thread frees you from needing to tag every post, and prevents anyone else from clicking any tags by accident.

Yeah. No need to post P5 spoilers here.

Man I keep coming back here...

But are people disappointed in P5's plot points? Huh.

traitor
Yes please!

artsi

zemAzv4.jpg
´
OOs2L8o.jpg

uGPcxXj.gif

_Ryo_

A bit of the former but mostly regret in the sense that what I read was out of context so it makes me crave more spoilers which sucks because right now I can't watch any videos or streams and by the time I am able to I know they'll be gone via atlus dcma'ing them. Hah.

Tamanon

Banned
At this point, you're only going to be posting spoilers to talk to others about said spoiler, so might as well take it to the spoiler thread. I mean, the damn game isn't even out yet.

barybll

Banned
Okay people I just found a very big, very fresh spoiler

DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU WANT TO GET YOUR GAME RUINED
morgana is a cat

Seriously considering to cancel my preorder

Btw its a joke

DNAbro

Okay people I just found a very big, very freah spoiler

DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU WANT TO GET YOUR GAME RUINED
morgana is a cat

Seriously considering to cancel my preorder

just going to say don't even joke around like that.

and yeah all actual spoiler story discussion should go in spoiler thread.

Top Bottom