• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT9| SPOILER TAGS OR DIE

artsi

Noooo they Aeris'd her

kkfhrbA.gif

For pointless trivia: those name tags are completely original, even missing "e"'s aside. The lettering and box sixes are different to the Atlus Japan tags.

Anyway, Atlus USA should delay the game another 6 months to add back that "e".

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
In game her profile says あん which suits "Ann" more than "Anne", so I can see why they did it, but I still think the latter looks better

Zolo

In game her profile says あん which suits "Ann" more than "Anne", so I can see why they did it, but I still think the latter looks better

I figured something like that had to be the reason since most people have liked "Anne" better along with it being how it's spelled in Japan (and was even changed to that).

Setsu00

In an attempt to make sense of Falcom's output I found out that they made a game called Zwei 2 (= "Two Two"). I shouldn't be surprised that something like this exists and yet here I am...

PK Gaming

All i'm saying is that if you're going to devote 70+ hours into an RPG, start with the best

Besides, Trails of Cold Steel was objectively designed to be played by newcomers

OrionX

Is Trails worth picking up?

Yes. I've only played FC and SC so far, but they're amazing. Some don't have the patience for their slower pace, but imo the characters and story are top notch. Estelle is probably my favorite female mc of all time.

#TeamAnn :p

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
wait...do you guys pronounce Ann and Anne differently? because I dont. Do you just like having the e there for the look?

I don't really same them differently, but Anne seems like it has a more distinct ending to it, so I instinctively enunciate the end a little more. The e just makes it look much nicer to me.

wait...do you guys pronounce Ann and Anne differently? because I dont. Do you just like having the e there for the look?

It's like the distinction between "Miller" and "Millar". There isn't one, but there's this annoying voice in the back of your head telling you something's wrong.

Also not having an "e" on the end makes it sound like the sound should die in your throat.

Though I guess it not being pronounced would make this an easy fix.
... hypothetically speaking...

Jintor

I just saw some fanart and I was reminded that Ryuuji or scarfboy or whatever the fuck his name was existed in P3. I completely forgot.

What a vestigial plot element. His character could easily have been combined into something else and made to actually matter in some way, dude always came off as totally extraneous to me

Zolo

I just saw some fanart and I was reminded that Ryuuji or scarfboy or whatever the fuck his name was existed in P3. I completely forgot.

What a vestigial plot element. His character could easily have been combined into something else and made to actually matter in some way, dude always came off as totally extraneous to me

Yeah. They tend to do more with him in the manga and anime. I don't mind the idea of his character, but there's not much to him.

Ryoji.
And that's the thing, he was already combined with something else.
Namely, Pharos, in a sense.

jzbluz

Dude was
Pharos and Thanatos.
Can't get more important than that. I do wish he had been around longer since he's such a cutie, but so is
Pharos.
Conflicted.

Jintor

yeah but what i mean is none of that stuff is shocking cos you don't care about ryoji because dude's just there

Top Bottom