• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT9| SPOILER TAGS OR DIE

Add the last Guilty Gear in the list too , seriously if the next DBZ game dont get a dub fix, feels to me these people dont even bother for dubs in this crossover.

Of course maybe a bigger fanbase (DBZ) can move some things better , but to be honest i dont expect this crossover to had a dub tbh.

yeah, FighterZ is already confirmed to have a dub. Funimation's logo was in the latest trailer as well.

BBCTB I wouldn't expect a dub, personally. But who knows?

Makio

yeah, FighterZ is already confirmed to have a dub. Funimation's logo was in the latest trailer as well.

Thats very cool , after growing up watching the mexican dub ... and the english one became my second dbz family thanks to the past games and series all these years , i cant literally stand japanese DBZ at this point.

(Reason why i wait until now to watch DB super in either spanish or Funi English dub)

I'm Japanese Dragon Ball all the way, haha. But I prefer anything in it's native language, so even Persona I vastly prefer the Japanese even though I like the dubs for 3 and 4.

Mediking

We already know how you feel about Yusuke. :p His admiration and respect for Joker is the best.

Lol

Ryuji has shown alotta admiration and respect for Joker.

Ryuji's Confidant link says it all.

But remember that scene that first triggers Ryuji's Confidant? If I remember correctly... Ryuji is like "Hey... don't ignore me when you see me around." Didn't Joker and Ryuji shake hands too? Ryuji wins best bro from that hands down.

Well...

After Morgana. Morgana is always with Joker. Pikachu in Persona. Lol

I don't hate Yusuke. He's cool. His fighting stance is hype too.

If you don't mind me going back to Cross Tag Battle I'm curious about something. How familiar is everyone here with the other three properties of the crossover?

I'm played a little bit of Blazblue but haven't put much into it, though I've picked up Central Fiction now.

Never heard of Under Night Inbirth before, picked up the PS3 version after the anouncment and it's ok. Would probably appreciate it more if I knew anything about Melty Blood.

And I was already a huge fan of RWBY.

Lynx_7

I'm not familiar with any of them. I've obviously heard of Blazblue and RWBY but my knowledge of both series is superficial at best.

PK Gaming

DIM82tOUMAAtnwa.jpg

Man, imagine if P5 wasn't so terrified of having girls interact with guys who aren't Joker. Imagine.

FluxWaveZ

Ann and Ryuji have some good moments at least.

It's always that antagonistic male/female relationship that gets the spotlight ala Junpei/Yukari, Yosuke/Chie, or Kanji/Rise, it it's not for romantic purposes.

That comic makes me wonder how a scene with Ryuji just hanging out with Haru would look like in the game, and it could do a lot for character development (the latter of which, again, really needed some) and overall entertainment.

It goes back to that scene between Makoto and Ann in P5—which does not involve the main character at all—and how good that is. It's weird to say, but I think there's still too much focus on the main character for story scenes. I like seeing characters living their own lives and interacting with each other; I actually think P3 did a better job of this than P5 did.

And Yusuke and Futaba, though probably not in the way you mean. :/

Yusuke and Futaba's another antagonistic one, but at least it's novel in execution because of how unorthodox both of the characters are as Persona team members. More of that would have been cool, too.

You mean Persona in general.
1 and 2 notwithstanding

Ann and Ryuji have some good moments at least.

It's always that antagonistic male/female relationship that gets the spotlight ala Junpei/Yukari, Yosuke/Chie, or Kanji/Rise, it it's not for romantic purposes.

Not that that's ever stopped anyone.
Especially me.

Lynx_7

Ann and Ryuji's relationship is very different from Junpei and Yukari's. There are actually some undertones to Ann/Ryuji, like in the beach cutscene, hawaii trip, (end of Palace 7 spoilers)
Ryuji's "sacrifice"
and other brief moments between them, much moreso than the others mentioned, at least that I can remember of. Yukari and Junpei had no chemistry at all and were very obviously into other people. I can kinda see the similarities to Chie and Yosuke but the latter voiced more interest torwards Yukiko with his relationship with CHie being played for laughs while Ryuji actually shows he has the hots for Ann.

Also, Kanji/Rise? I don't remember that being antagonistic at all? lol

FluxWaveZ

Ann and Ryuji's relationship is very different from Junpei and Yukari's. There are actually some undertones to Ann/Ryuji, like in the beach cutscene, hawaii trip, (end of Palace 7 spoilers)
Ryuji's "sacrifice"
and other brief moments between them, much moreso than the others mentioned, at least that I can remember of. Yukari and Junpei had no chemistry at all and were very obviously into other people. I can kinda see the similarities to Chie and Yosuke but the latter voiced more interest torwards Yukiko with his relationship with CHie being played for laughs while Ryuji actually shows he has the hots for Ann.

Also, Kanji/Rise? I don't remember that being antagonistic at all? lol

Ann and Ryuji are definitely more friendly towards each other and have more chemistry than Junpei and Yukari do. But my point is, a lot of that manifests in the typical "boys vs girls" scenes anyways. Just without the undertone of utter contempt Yukari had towards Junpei most of the time. Something like Ryuji hanging out with Haru would be devoid of that completely, which is what would make me more curious for intimate interactions between male and female teammates that wasn't just the usual. Like, what would Yusuke hanging out with Makoto look like? I don't know, but I'd like to see it.

To be clear, I'm not talking about romantic interests at all. All I'm talking about are platonic depictions of teammates of the opposite sex hanging out.

For Kanji/Rise, you're definitely forgetting some moments in Persona 4, though maybe it was more of a Persona 4 Golden thing? She's the one who came up with "Moronji," and repeats it frequently throughout the game. On the other hand, there's Kanji who makes fun of Rise and acts indifferent towards her troubles frequently as well, much to her annoyance. They're the ones who butt heads the most aside from Yosuke and Chie.

For Kanji/Rise, you're definitely forgetting some moments in Persona 4, though maybe it was more of a Persona 4 Golden thing? She's the one who came up with "Moronji," and repeats it frequently throughout the game. On the other hand, there's Kanji who makes fun of Rise and acts indifferent towards her troubles frequently as well, much to her annoyance. They're the ones who butt heads the most aside from Yosuke and Chie.

Also real early on when he gets angry when she calls him by his first name. (rather doesn't use suffixes, but that's how Kanji phrases it)

Lynx_7

I still ship it. But yeah, there are no clear undertones there.

Man I don't remember "Moronji" at all. That has got to be a Golden thing.

To be clear, I'm not talking about romantic interests at all. All I'm talking about are platonic depictions of teammates of the opposite sex hanging out.

I see what you mean. There are some mementos interactions like that but they're reeeally brief.

Man, imagine if P5 wasn't so terrified of having girls interact with guys who aren't Joker. Imagine.
That would have been great, but at least fan artists are doing their part to fill the void.
It goes back to that scene between Makoto and Ann in P5—which does not involve the main character at all—and how good that is. It's weird to say, but I think there's still too much focus on the main character for story scenes. I like seeing characters living their own lives and interacting with each other; I actually think P3 did a better job of this than P5 did.
I agree, that's one thing that P3 is still the best at (of the modern Persona games).
Only time will tell, but I'm hoping that Re:Fantasy will give Hashino and crew a chance to break some of Persona's annoying habits, like the insistence on featuring the main character in nearly every scene. I think stuff like that isn't in the Persona games just for otaku pandering, I think they see it as a part of the Persona DNA by now. Kinda like the focus on high schoolers.

Speaking of Hashino, Tom James (@iiotenki on twitter, for anyone who didn't know) posted some key points from an interview with Hashino here. It's worth a read if you're interested in Hashino's history at Atlus. This was my favourite part:
Point #1: Hashino decided to apply to Atlus literally because he opened a phone book and it was listed at the top of the page he opened to.
That's a visionary outlook if I ever saw one, haha.

Lunar15

I actually don't mind that the game rarely wavers from the main character's viewpoint. I don't view it as a good or bad thing. I do entirely agree, however, that group dynamic needed to be shaken up here and there in 4 and 5. Despite many of my problems with 3, it does do the best at this.

We can talk about girls and guys, there's overall problems. Aside from that one incredibly great scene with ryuji and Yusuke where they talk about their pasts, they might as well be on separate planes of existence.

But i dunno, it's not as big of a problem as it sounds. These casts have managed to be more endearing than most other games I've played. There's just so much room for improvement.

Lynx_7

Speaking of Hashino, Tom James (@iiotenki on twitter, for anyone who didn't know) posted some key points from an interview with Hashino here. It's worth a read if you're interested in Hashino's history at Atlus. This was my favourite part:

That's a visionary outlook if I ever saw one, haha.

This is just depressing to read tbh

.Point 6: One interesting thing many may want to know is that he doesn't personally consider much of his DC/PS2 work to be very successful.
.Even more interesting, he feels that even SMT3 and the DDS games didn't ultimately deliver, either. Hardly bad games, but not smash hits.
.Digging for sales figures for SMT3 in particular at the indicates that it didn't set sales charts on fire. It was decent, but that's it.
.This isn't just about cynical capitalism for capitalism's sake, either. The lack of real, substantial success was hurting the company.
.It's more well known among JP fans, but pre-P3, Atlus was starting to approach a do or die point. It was getting harder for it to make games

Not that I had much hopes of them ever going back to that style or even HD remasters of said games in the first place, but still...

Not that I had much hopes of them ever going back to that style or even HD remasters of said games in the first place, but still...

Huh so Persona 3 was there Fire Emblem Awakening, saved the brand but splits the player base.

I'm binging P5 again (had stopped at the middle of the fourth Palace last time around).

One thing about the group dynamic I don't get: Why did the writers go out of their way to portray the PT as almost dysfunctional outside of Palace heists? Talking about stuff like
how everyone gets really bored in the Hawaii trip
. P4's cast had an absolutely amazing group dynamic which I don't understand why is gone here. Some characters (Makoto especially, she sounds incredibly generic/stoic to me) also feel like they're out of place when with the PT cast.

Other impressions (I'm sleep deprived so don't expect coherence):
-Futaba is PRECIOUS
-I'm tempted to start 3 more runs to date Hifumi, Makoto and Haru.
Especially the date with Hifumi on 9/10, holy hell that's the best thing to happen on my birthday in any Persona lol.
-I'm glad that the adult romance options are a thing. I know they're wrong etc. etc. but I love them ahhaha.
-For that matter, I LOVE ALL THE FEMALE CONFIDANTS. Oh my god, I want to date them all. Let us date boys, Atlus- everyone deserves to indulge in this feeling.
-Futaba's Palace boss was one of the best boss fights I've ever seen holy fuck. So hype. So satisfying. So poignant thematically, too.

I think the intention for that scene was to show how they were starting to care more about being the Phantom Thieves and the fame was starting to get to their heads, leading them to becoming board with their "normal" lives.

But it defiantly feels like they could have delivered some better events while doing this. That is probably one of my few complaints for the game.

asagami_

Banned

That not was problem to port Soul Hackers to 3DS. Atlus is the company most like to port old games; the PS2 games will be ported, eventually.

Setsu00

That not was problem to port Soul Hackers to 3DS. Atlus is the company most like to port old games; the PS2 games will be ported, eventually.

Look at what they're currently doing with Strange Journey Redux. They are removing a lot of what made the game unique in favor of catering to a broader audience.

Lynx_7

Huh so Persona 3 was there Fire Emblem Awakening, saved the brand but splits the player base.

Actually, P3 apparently didn't perform that much better either, at least early on.

.So this is all well and good except...Point #8: Persona 3 didn't exactly light the world on fire at first when it came out in Japan.
.It didn't bomb, but it didn't have an ideal momentum. The team had worked so hard, people were talking about quitting games if it flopped.
.Hashino is not unaware of why this was, especially with respect to it being a very different game from Persona 1 and 2. Ppl were ambivalent.
.Word of mouth from people who played it is ultimately what helped salvage it and keep Atlus in games. Still not a blockbuster, but decent.
.Research indicates that at the end of 2006, it had broken 150,000 copies sold. ~60th place. Not bad, but not great for a company Atlus' size

So it was more word of mouth and probably subsequent rereleases such as FES that kept them going. That momentum then must've transfered over to P4 and P3P, which I imagine was when they really started to get some solid ground beneath their feet.

Makio

If there a game which deserve a port or been deliver to a bigger audience is SMT Nocturne.

But there again seeing the changes they done to SJ Redux , i feel bad if Atlus break the game spell adding something we dont like or not feel fitting at all.

(like random voice acting , or nocturne own plot waifu bait like Marie or Alex).

Ann and Ryuji are definitely more friendly towards each other and have more chemistry than Junpei and Yukari do.

I'm kind of shocked to see y'all saying this. Ryuji was a sexist pig to Ann the whole time. Ann was obviously in discomfort about his objectifying remarks, and it made me uncomfortable as well. I never saw any real friendship between them. He never changed as a person in that respect.

-I'm glad that the adult romance options are a thing. I know they're wrong etc. etc. but I love them ahhaha.

I've said this before, but the talent of the Persona Team writers is really wasted on the one-dimensional teenagers they have to write most of the time. Their adult characters always feel genuine and funny and just...real people. Which is a rarity in videogames.

Actually, P3 apparently didn't perform that much better either, at least early on.

So it was more word of mouth and probably subsequent rereleases such as FES that kept them going. That momentum then must've transfered over to P4 and P3P, which I imagine was when they really started to get some solid ground beneath their feet.

It's kind of odd. I knew Nocturne and P3 were cult titles when I bought them back then, but with all the SMT spinoffs that were happening during the PS2 era I certainly didn't have the impression that they were in financial trouble. Especially when for instance with Nocturne came with an OST and vanilla P3 came packed with an art book and a soundtrack for free.

But it also makes me feel like that era of Atlus is gone for good, where they could get away with making weird and daring titles and feature Kaneko's creepy art front and center.

Lynx_7

I'm kind of shocked to see y'all saying this. Ryuji was a sexist pig to Ann the whole time. Ann was obviously in discomfort about his objectifying remarks, and it made me uncomfortable as well. I never saw any real friendship between them. He never changed as a person in that respect.

While I get where you're coming from, that's not how it came across to me at all. I mostly tuned out the "oooh, boobies!" "gah, you gaise are such pervs" scenes as their contractually obliged pandering "comedy" (though for some reason they subvert it once and then never again). Ann shows she cares about him (and everyone else, really) in many scenes, they never came across as cold to one another, which Yukari/Junpei did to me. P5's cast isn't as chummy as P4 but they still clearly enjoy each other's companies and have plenty of good moments together. Some comedy scenes try to sabotage that, but it's not that big of a deal.

It's kind of odd. I knew Nocturne and P3 were cult titles when I bought them back then, but with all the SMT spinoffs that were happening during the PS2 era I certainly didn't have the impression that they were in financial trouble(...)
Neither did I, but the more you know. I always assumed their games sold just fine for their budgets, but apparently not. The thing I miss the most from that era mostly concerns writing, tone and aesthetics. I really miss Kaneko. Come to think of it, I always assumed he stepped down because he wanted to, but now I wonder if some higher up just decided his style wasn't marketable enough. I hear they don't fire employees in japanese corporations so much as just "bore them" with nothing to do until they resign, and I wonder if that's not what's going on right now, but I'm probably reading too much into it.

It's funny, because I feel the exact opposite way. Outside of one or two anime cutscenes, Ryuji doesn't really creep on Ann. I always remember him going out his way to take care of her safety and well-being. Like everything Ryuji does, his heart is in the right place, he just fucks up the execution every now and again.

PK Gaming

Man, I'm wondering what version of Persona 5 you played because in the version I played, that wasn't the case at all. Don't get me wrong, Ryuji has his moments of being sexist towards her (along with Joker and Morgana, but hey let's gloss over that), but to say that it defines their relationship is objectively wrong. I mean Jesus Christ, Ann is the only female character who's actually allowed to consistently interact with a male character who isn't Joker. They have a pre-existing dynamic, excellent chemistry, and instances where they clearly spend together outside of Joker's sphere. Unlike Yosuke/Chie & Junpei/Yukari, they're very blatantly good friends.

But it's fucking Ryuji so why even bother being accurate.

I forgot about the hotel room scene, that was nice beat I'll grant you, but I just can't forgive his constant sexism. If they were such great pals they'd be hanging out together, but she chose the MC to hang out with, probably because he's not objectifying her all the time. I kept waiting for her to completely go off on Ryuji for his shit, but she never did. The fact that she seems to shrug it off or accept it says more about the writers feeling that sexual harassment of women is something they should tolerate, than it does their supposed friendship IMO.

PK Gaming

I forgot about the hotel room scene, that was nice beat I'll grant you, but I just can't forgive his constant sexism.

Exaggerated false claim.

If they were such great pals they'd be hanging out together, but she chose the MC to hang out with

They do hang out.

probably because he's not objectifying her all the time.

Actually he does objectify her, and kisses her without her consent.

I kept waiting for her to completely go off on Ryuji for his shit, but she never did.

It's because you have a profoundly misguided view of their relationship.

Honestly, I was going to disagree with that, but he'd only be getting a free pass cause he wasn't making Ryuji's stupid monkey-man face.
And that's no good.

Besides, there is at least one other context where Ryuji is framed in a better light than MC. :p

I don't remember MC ever kissing Ann without asking, but I'm sure I could be forgetting.

It's how the romance starts, iirc.

Exaggerated false claim.

They do hang out.

It's because you have a profoundly misguided view of their relationship.

Exaggerated? Sorry, but the guy has some serious problems respecting women, or at least the ones he finds hot. Then again, the blame also falls on the MC for not having a serious talk about it with Ryuji. I mean there's a lot of problematic stuff in this game overall.

As for the hanging out response, two people without the MC there is what I meant. I'm not saying it's any better for the rest of the cast, except for that scene with Ann and Makoto, but it's what the story presents to us.

I don't remember MC ever kissing Ann without asking, but I'm sure I could be forgetting.

Exaggerated? Sorry, but the guy has some serious problems respecting women, or at least the ones he finds hot. Then again, the blame also falls on the MC for not having a serious talk about it with Ryuji. I mean there's a lot of problematic stuff in this game overall.
Don't want to gang up on you here, but I think you're letting a few scenes completely override the rest of the game just because they're kinda gross. What about the time Ryuji helps Ann train because she asked, and turns down her offer of a date because she shouldn't be acting like some try hard hottie? What about all the times during the Kamoshida arc where Ryuji puts Ann's welfare first (in texts and dungeon conversations)? What about Ryuji talking about how far she's come from the loner in middle school like a proud friend would? He does respect her, he's just also a massive idiot at times.
As for the hanging out response, two people without the MC there is what I meant. I'm not saying it's any better for the rest of the cast, except for that scene with Ann and Makoto, but it's what the story presents to us.
Considering the overall lack of scenes without the MC, this seems like bad evidence that they don't get along. And that ignores the scene where Ryuji helps her train, which is mostly just them interacting. If anything, Ryuji treats Ann's interest in working out like a friend, and the MC is kinda pervy because one of his dialogue choices completely ignores her reasons for being at the gym by telling her "she's plenty gorgeous already."

Sorry if that got kinda ranty, but having just started my replay, Ann and Ryuji's interactions have been a highlight so far and as such are fresh in my mind. I really like their dynamic.

PK Gaming

No, your perspective is definitely exaggerated. I mean, you're making the claim that Ryuji is a sexist pig to Ann all of the time, which is ridiculous by itself, but you can't even substantiate that argument with actual points. Persona 5 is definitely problematic, and Ryuji isn't immune to criticism, but he's certainly above "sexist all of the time." He also doesn't really have an issue respecting women outside of the "haha perving on girls is funny" garbage that's pervasive throughout the series. Dude is ridiculously kind towards Haru and respectful towards Makoto, not to mention his general helpfulness towards his own mother and penchant for helping elderly women.

No shit. You won't find instances of that happening in P5, but Ryuji and Ann still hang out together outside of the main narrative. Ryuji is the only party member who shows up in Ann's confidant, and they both appear in Yusuke's Confidant. Ann makes a mention of having Ryuji help her out with her training, and they were acquainted with each other in the past. They constantly talk to each other, and have a number of mementos conversations (most of which are positive) and clearly like being around each other. They bicker like friends do, but it's rarely ever malicious, and you know Ryuji would take a bullet for Ann and vice versa.
A fact that should have been made apparent when he "dies" and she's clearly the most upset about it.
This is reiterated throughout the game constantly, so I'm not sure how you missed any of this.

It happens when you start a romance with Ann.

No, your perspective is definitely exaggerated. I mean, you're making the claim that Ryuji is a sexist pig to Ann all of the time, which is ridiculous by itself, but you can't even substantiate that argument with actual points. Persona 5 is definitely problematic, and Ryuji isn't immune to criticism, but he's certainly above "sexist all of the time." He also doesn't really have an issue respecting women outside of the "haha perving on girls is funny" garbage that's pervasive throughout the series. Dude is ridiculously kind towards Haru and respectful towards Makoto, not to mention his general helpfulness towards his own mother and penchant for helping elderly women.

It happens when you start a romance with Ann.

I'm not saying Ryuji is sexist to her all the time, I'm just saying he's a sexist pig in general. As a character. The fact that he even treats his supposed friend this way is even worse, and it kind of upset me that the game treats his behavior as "ha ha boys will be boys". He never changes on this front, everyone just accepts it. I really didn't like Ryuji at all. Dude seriously needs to deal with his anger management issues. Not to get into a which Persona is better fight, but I found Junpei to be such a more likable character who had real character growth.

I didn't do a romance with Ann, so Takemi is the only canon romance for me. :p But yeah that's a bit uncool. I guess I'd need to see the context of that scene.

I did want to see how the other romance options played out, but I can't imagine replaying this anytime soon. Thinking about it, I hardly even got to see the Takemi romance, as I only had enough free time for one normal date with her. I would love the option to just play through the game again as a straight visual novel.

todd360

Can someone tell me how close I am to the end of the game? Trying to beat it before destiny 2 comes out. I'm at the
casino palace. Just got 50k coins to leave members floor.
I'm about 90 hours in. Anyone have a rough idea of how many more hours I have to go?

PK Gaming

I'm not saying Ryuji is sexist to her all the time, I'm just saying he's a sexist pig in general. As a character. The fact that he even treats his supposed friend this way is even worse, and it kind of upset me that the game treats his behavior as "ha ha boys will be boys". He never changes on this front, everyone just accepts it. I really didn't like Ryuji at all. Dude seriously needs to deal with his anger management issues. Not to get into a which Persona is better fight, but I found Junpei to be such a more likable character who had real character growth.

That's your prerogative, I guess. I don't think a few instances of being a perv make Ryuji a sexist pig (I refuse to write it off as a boys will be boys thing, but he's literally 16 so some harmful immaturity is expected) especially not when you factor literally everything else about his character (ie: how he generally interacts with women). Also he never changes on a front that's barely relevant to his character? Who would have thought. And I like Junpei a lot too, but he's a different kind of character. Junpei is literally grounds the game by being based around someone you knew in life; Ryuji meanwhile, is someone with an extraordinarily shitty circumstance, hence his current aggressive personality. Both are compelling in different ways, and both of them are better than Yosuke.

Persona 5 is pretty shitty to women at times. Some of it comes from Ryuji, but a lot of it come from Joker and Sojiro too. Nobody seems to want to call them out, though, which is unfortunate.

I didn't do a romance with Ann, so Takemi is the only canon romance for me. :p But yeah that's a bit uncool. I guess I'd need to see the context of that scene.

UdRYQJM.jpg

Uncle AJ

Between the 3 different anime cutscenes where Ryuji ogles at Ann's body, the setup for the Temperance confidant, Operation Babe Hunt 2.0, and [September Spoilers]
Morgana rightfully calling him out on his constant desire to cash in on the Phantom Thieves fame to help him pick up chicks,
I think eyeball_kid is more than justified in his stance here.

Oh, and [2nd Palace Spoilers]
"I guess the only option is.... havin' you go nude." *huge grin*

To be frank, though, both of you are selectively discounting each others' evidence on both sides. Ryuji and Ann are clearly still good friends despite all this and have been since they were kids.

PK Gaming

Between the 3 different anime cutscenes where Ryuji ogles at Ann's body, the setup for the Temperance confidant, Operation Babe Hunt 2.0, and [September Spoilers]
Morgana rightfully calling him out on his constant desire to cash in on the Phantom Thieves fame to help him pick up chicks,
I think eyeball_kid is more than justified in his stance here.

In literally what way? He said that Ryuji was a sexist pig to Ann the whole time, which was wrong. He doubled down on that by saying Ryuji is constantly sexist... also not true. I mean,. there's a very clear difference between being a horny teenager and a sexist asshole. The two are often linked, and Ryuji does indeed have his moments of being sexist (ie: dumb gag moments), but to say it defines his character is just... patently untrue. What also bothers me is the complete pass that Joker, Morgana and arguably Yusuke get for their own creepiness towards women.

And I'm not being selective in the slight. There are blatant problems with Ryuji's characterization that I recognize. But I'm sure as shit not going to right him off wholesale because of said problems.

EDIT: Like Persona 5 is laughably bad when it comes to distinguishing between actual harmful sexual harassment and stupid horny high school boy nonsense. I would not classify the set up the Temperance confidant is problematic in any way, for example.

Lunar15

Of the three brotagonists, I actually felt that Ryuji was the least obnoxious when it came to women, for whatever that's worth. Junpei and Yosuke could be overbearing, while I can only think of a few examples for Ryuji. I actually felt that Ryuji had the best relationship with the women in the group compared to Junpei and Yosuke.

Sometimes I get the impression some people want these characters to be these flawless human beings.
Teenage boys look at girls, more news at 11.
The point to which some of you overanalyze this stuff is insane.

Do you go into these games expecting a big group of teenagers to be made of nothing but role models?
You didn't experience stuff like this when you were 16?

Aters

Am I the only one who thinks P5 doesn't have enough tracks? It's a 100 hour game, the OST is less than 4 hour. Sometimes I got tired of the same track over and over again.

Sometimes I get the impression some people want these characters to be these flawless human beings.
Teenage boys look at girls, more news at 11.
The point to which some of you overanalyze this stuff is insane.

Do you go into these games expecting a big group of teenagers to be made of nothing but role models?
You didn't experience stuff like this when you were 16?

Yosuke got two female swimsuits in his backpack while going sightseeing. Dude has a problem. The other two I feel like somewhat normal.

Am I the only one who thinks P5 doesn't have enough tracks? It's a 100 hour game, the OST is less than 4 hour. Sometimes I got tired of the same track over and over again.

Not gonna lie, it feels like that sometimes.

On the sidekick conversation, I think the REAL conversation to be had is which of them is the stupidest?
Yosuke "creepy schemes" Hanamura obviously falls short.

Of the three brotagonists, I actually felt that Ryuji was the least obnoxious when it came to women, for whatever that's worth. Junpei and Yosuke could be overbearing, while I can only think of a few examples for Ryuji. I actually felt that Ryuji had the best relationship with the women in the group compared to Junpei and Yosuke.
Agreed. I have no idea where the "He only wants to get famous for the girls" idea came from. He mentions that once or twice sure, but he usually says he wants to get famous to stick it to society/shitty adults/get some respect for once.

Ryuji was a bit of a perv at times, though Ann seemed to take it mostly in stride. Then again, he only seemed to perv on her, but that could just be because she was really the only one he interacted with regularly.

But it didn't seem to go "too far" in my opinion, now was it super cringe. I think that's because the way he was presented, you knew it was never going to go beyond a leer, at least not without her permission.

Top Bottom