• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT9| SPOILER TAGS OR DIE

Lynx_7

I think we'll have to wait a looooong time. If anything an SMT game is more likely if they push the "Fucking summon Satan!" aspect of it. Making cool/edgy and dark. But even then.

I've argued that in the past here on Neogaf too. If you look at Nocturne, it's almost like a turn-based Dark Souls: minimalistic approach to storytelling, atmospheric, dark, challenging. It presents itself as a more mature game than Persona and deals with themes and mythologies instantly recognizable in the west. It picks a bunch of popular deities (Thor, Odin, freaking Lucifer) and pits them against one another in some grand war between different factions of "demonism". In theory, it sounds like something that could have some pretty good legs on steam.
The fact that the high school rpg with light dating sim elements was the bigger hit even in the west is pretty funny to think about.

I guess an HD SMT could have potential if they really sold the "war between angels, demons and gods" element of it.

Also JRPGs will never reach ME now. Only FF and even then...

Has any Mass Effect reached the same kind of numbers VII, VIII and X did? (11 million for the former, around 7 for the other 2 but counting rereleases they should be at least over 8)
Wikipedia cites the entire franchise as having sold 14 million as of 2014, which averages around 5 million per entry. FF has definitely been bigger than that. Even XIII managed 6 million. WRPGs in general have gotten a boost in the last few years though, so it'll be interesting to see how FF XV and ME 4 compare. I do think ME has much better momentum and mainstream potential going for it.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
With the P3 and P4 DLC, does it only change the battle themes or does "When the moon reach the stars and heart beat Heartbreak play as well during the daytime stuff?

Mediking

I think Persona Musou will help the brand grow immensely. It would be so good. Think about it. Almost all characters from the series or at least the popular ones.

batfax

I think Persona Musou will help the brand grow immensely. It would be so good. Think about it. Almost all characters from the series or at least the popular ones.

So long as Mark is in with this as a special.

tumblr_inline_n3at3ynM0N1qcfzci.png

FSLink

Banned
With the P3 and P4 DLC, does it only change the battle themes or does "When the moon reach the stars and heart beat Heartbreak play as well during the daytime stuff?
Only replaces the main battle theme and victory theme.

Like others said and P3 only plays Mass Destruction and P4 plays Time to Make History.

P4DAN costumes plays the remix of Reach Out to the Truth from DAN.

Lunar15

The absolute most optimistic prediction I can possibly muster: Maybe some more DLC costume news.

What will really happen: See Dantis' post.

Well they already announced the DLC that's tied to the fan event.

I guess the (data-mined content)
Christmas costumes might be announced around then though.

Mediking

How would you guys feel about a Persona MC having more voiced dialogue outside of battle and just in general? Too immersion breaking? Or is it time for it?

How would you guys feel about a Persona MC having more voiced dialogue outside of battle and just in general? Too immersion breaking? Or is it time for it?

Technically P5 MC is doing this, but he's still a pretty quiet dude. So I guess Atlus is experimenting with it at least a little.

Oh wow. That's better than nothing. I still wanted optional dialogue to be voiced though.

Comparison, Yu only says "Persona" and affirmative grunts in P4's cutscenes. Akira Kurusu talks way more, in that he speaks a total of about three or four sentences spread out over the course of a long-ass game.

Lynx_7

Voiced protagonists wouldn't be a problem for me because the Persona protagonists are already their own characters in my mind. I don't roleplay as them (I don't roleplay as myself in any game, actually) so much as I imagine a fitting personality for them based on the snippets of dialogue choices the game presents me. So a main character who actually speaks would just make it easier for me to get a grasp on their personality.

That said, a vague characterization can sometimes be better than a defined one because it leaves more to the imagination, so you can project traits you like to the protagonist, thus making him more likeable to you. Meanwhile, a protagonist with poor characterization will either get on your nerve or at best be tolerable.

Mediking

Voiced protagonists wouldn't be a problem for me because the Persona protagonists are already their own characters in my mind. I don't roleplay as them (I don't roleplay as myself in any game, actually) so much as I imagine a fitting personality for them based on the snippets of dialogue choices the game presents me. So a main character who actually speaks would just make it easier for me to get a grasp on their personality.

That said, a vague characterization can sometimes be better than a defined one because it leaves more to the imagination, so you can project traits you like to the protagonist, thus making him more likeable to you. Meanwhile, a protagonist with poor characterization will either get on your nerve or at best be tolerable.

I projected myself onto Minato which was awesome... but then the bomb when off that my own view of Minato was very different than how many other Persona fans see him. Hahahah I'm still stunned on what was really going on with Minato.

I still project myself on characters I like and I think voiced sections for optional dialogue needs to happen.

Moaradin

Comparison, Yu only says "Persona" and affirmative grunts in P4's cutscenes. Akira Kurusu talks way more, in that he speaks a total of about three or four sentences spread out over the course of a long-ass game.

Been staying away from all P5 stuff lately. Is that his canon name?

Top Bottom