• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth |OT| -- No Dating, Just Dungeons

Volcynika

7rpc2hO.png

Z3G0Bvp.png

Legend has it that listening to the end of the bell chimes of Yasogami High's clock tower causes people to die, and this time the bell tolls for the Investigation Team and the SEES. Trapped in an other-world filled with Shadows, the protagonists from Persona 3 and Persona 4 each have different events to follow, allowing the player to choose and experience two different plotlines. As both groups seek a way out of the labyrinth, they will run in to two new characters, Rei and Zen, who may hold the secret to this new mystery.

9s0cNcu.png

lZhJw7x.png

C1jpI3i.png

• Dive into the Persona franchise on a Nintendo platform for the first time ever with Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth for the Nintendo 3DS
  • Journey through a 3D labyrinth and use your 3DS's touch screen to chart your course and mark hazards, treasures and more
  • Features classic characters from Persona 3 and Persona 4 — choose to start with the main character from either game, and watch as each one unlocks different event scenes
  • Play through the storyline again with another character after completing it to explore a second path and enjoy up to 100 hours of gameplay
  • Draws on the Etrian Odyssey series, as well as Persona 4 and its numerous spin-offs, to deliver a thrilling RPG experience for the Nintendo 3DS

E1ZGDkq.png

j7mkxUi.png

4X5jmHz.jpg
ds6EdlI.jpg

IpLrDOh.jpg
3d8XJli.jpg

9iso8tg.jpg
HzFUt71.jpg

vH9FlKu.jpg
fyRf3fA.jpg

uNfOAIC.png

kc7JugL.png

895zVh1.png

• Question -- Oh Persona, are there social li--
  • Answer -- Please see the thread title!

• Question -- What languages are there for audio?
  • Answer -- Due to space issues, only English VA will be available.

• Question -- What did J-GAF think?
  • Answer -- Find out in the import impressions thread! Check it out!

• Question -- I like Etrian but didn't get into Persona. How hard is this to understand?
  • Answer -- it gives you an overview of characters, but you will get more out of the game if you experienced Persona 3 and Persona 4.

• Question -- I like Persona but thought Etrian was too hard. Suggestions?
  • Answer -- Multiple difficulty settings! Play on one of five difficulty options, which you can change at any point in the game (UNLESS you play Risky. Then you're kinda stuck on that path of terror).

• Question -- So....how risky IS Risky?
  • Answer -- It's so risky that it is incredibly challenging and adds on the stipulation that if your chosen protagonist falls in battle, it's an automatic game over!

• Question -- How many hours to completion?
  • Answer -- Seems the average falls in between 60 to 80 hours for the first playthrough. A second playthrough following that significantly decreases that.

• Question -- Who do I choose, Persona 3 protagonist or Persona 4 protagonist?
  • Answer -- Go with what the heart wants.

Ah yes! My most anticipated game of the year! Got my premium edition and Persona Q 3DS XL all pre-ordered and ready to go! Can't wait until tomorrow!

Second dungeon spoilers:
I hate to disappoint you, but there's dating

Got the game on Friday and really loving it so far, up to the third dungeon now.

Sakura

I picked up the game a while ago, but have still only finished the first dungeon. It's pretty good
but would be better with dating

Also Chie is still best
chiehvjlc.jpg

Been playing for a while due to broken (?) street dates in Asia. Guess it's safe to access the DLC menu now.

Just note to people: there's a 6 character limit for the first and last name. I went with Souji Seta and Makoto Yuuki.

Venfayth

My copy is on its way, I'll have it tomorrow!

I am way too excited!

Is the corn dog girl any fun? She seems like she might have that killjoy vibe.

Ibuki

Banned
I just started out with the P4 main character. I don't know how I'm going to put Alpha Sapphire back in now that this is here.

daydream

Banned
Sweet OT!

Can't wait to pick this up on Friday. Actually, I might try to snatch an early copy on Wednesday, we'll see!

Nice OT!

I don't expect this game to be as good as regular EO, but I have high hopes! I already got my LE so I should start it soon enough.

Also, I'm going P3 side, not sure if it even matters but yeah.

Pirabear

Banned
I think I'm going P3 route only because I like that version of the battle theme more lol. Want to hear Makoto's voice though. :(

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Will pick my copy up after class tomorrow. Probably won't be able to get into it much until the weekend when I get college stuff due before Thanksgiving taken care of.

Now I just need to figure out what to do with the cards now that I'll have a complete set.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
6 character limit is dumb.
I mean most of the cast have 8+ names.
Wait, really? Wonder why they did that, especially since in P3 & P4, you have 8 characters to work with. Hell, now I can't name them their official names. Guess I'll do "Yu Namura" or something, taking out one of the syllables.

Cheska

Fyi, if anyone is still looking for the limited edition, it's already starting to sell out. Best Buy is out of stock as of yesterday.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Is the corn dog girl any fun? She seems like she might have that killjoy vibe.
Her gimmick is having the mental development of a 5 year old. I'm sure many will find her antics cute though.

Is him and Banderilla mandatory in-party?
They are not, but are useful early game for P4 side due to lack of a multi-target healer. Late game they're not too great since they can't use sub personas.

ZeroX03

Banned
Pre-ordered this last night! I was too late for the tarot cards but I already have P4AU digitally so I wouldn't have the set anyway. Comes out in Australia a week late so I'm importing from the UK.

Protag

Banned
I feel like both sides of my family have come together on one joyous occasion.

And the occasion is handing out ASS beatings

Had to cancel my preorder on this due to some necessary budget tightening.
I'll definitely pick it up in the future, but for now I'll just envy all y'all who will have it. :p

ijed

Woo! nisa eu shipped my Wild Cards edition so will hopefully get it before the end of the week. Been playing some P3P to see which characters I like but think I'll go P4 characters for my first playthrough and put up with the unbearable puns :D

Top Bottom