• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth |OT| -- No Dating, Just Dungeons

MrDaravon

Finally starting this today, wanted to finish my Persona 4 Golden playthough first. I had no idea there was DLC for this game, what's worth getting?

Escalario

Banned
Finally starting this today, wanted to finish my Persona 4 Golden playthough first. I had no idea there was DLC for this game, what's worth getting?

Nothing :V It's some personas that will be replaced with better ones you can make and navigator VAs of Velvet Room siblings
and Nanako.

MrDaravon

Nothing :V It's some personas that will be replaced with better ones you can make and navigator VAs of Velvet Room siblings
and Nanako.

Are any of the Navigators amusing? For what it's worth IMO Nanako is da best, and I would also be interested to see what the Marie and maybe Elizabeth ones are like.

I picked up the two free Personas because why not, and I'll at least play the game a bit to see what the Navigators you have normally are like first.

Escalario

Banned
Are any of the Navigators amusing? For what it's worth IMO Nanako is da best, and I would also be interested to see what the Marie and maybe Elizabeth ones are like.

No idea :3c I didn't bought them, tho can't deny I was VERY CLOSE to get Nanako lol. You will have to try your luck with Youtube or ask others in this thread. Also I've forgot that Marie is another Navigator VA DLC.

I picked up the two free Personas because why not, and I'll at least play the game a bit to see what the Navigators you have normally are like first.

Didn't know Kaguya and Orpheus Talos personas were still free. Thought they were only for like a week or 2 after the game came out, like most free DLC Atlus does for 3DS games.

MrDaravon

No idea :3c I didn't bought them, tho can't deny I was VERY CLOSE to get Nanako lol. You will have to try your luck with Youtube or ask others in this thread. Also I've forgot that Marie is another Navigator VA DLC.

Didn't know Kaguya and Orpheus Talos personas were still free. Thought they were only for like a week or 2 after the game came out, like most free DLC Atlus does for 3DS games.

Yeah, I was surprised they were still free as well. I want to get into the game a bit first, but I can see myself checking out Nanako/Marie probably.

Maximo

Ehhhh not liking the massive direction towards dungeon crawling. I normally like playing on the hardest difficulties on games but not feeling it with this, would it be insane for me to drop it to easy to just enjoy the story ?

Not at all, its understandable. I beat it on normal, it was a decent challenge then it became a slightly frustrating uphill battle by the middle of the third dungeon onwards. Satisfying end imo though.

But yeah dont be ashamed of going on easy, I know a lot of people who have since the dungeon aspects get a rough as you progress, dont let it spoil you.

Maximo

Not at all, its understandable. I beat it on normal, it was a decent challenge then it became a slightly frustrating uphill battle by the middle of the third dungeon onwards. Satisfying end imo though.

But yeah dont be ashamed of going on easy, I know a lot of people who have since the dungeon aspects get a rough as you progress, dont let it spoil you.

Ahh good I was playing on Risky then Hard but still felt like it was too much of a grind, but in Persona 4 Golden I was playing Risky and loved the challenge, maybe its just the focus on the Dungeon Crawling without the Social interaction to give my mind a break that's causing me annoyance. Good stuff will give Normal a try then might drop it to Easy depending on how it goes.

Sölf

Ohai. Quick question:

I am currently playing Persona 4 Golden, but I haven't played P3 yet. Could I still play Persona Q after finishing 4, taking the P4 side, or would that spoil P3 (which I will probably also play at some point in the future)? I know Q takes place after 3 and during 4.

FluxWaveZ

Sölf;182603739 said:
I know Q takes place after 3 and during 4.

No, Persona Q takes place during Persona 3 and during Persona 4. So you won't be spoiling the story in Persona 3, especially by playing the P4 side, but there are several subtle references to things that happen in Persona 3 when playing on the P3 side. Probably not stuff people who haven't played the game would catch on to, though.

Just like with the P4 side in that game, though, the identity of the P3 cast will be spoiled, as well as some story moments that happened before September 20, 2009.

Sölf

No, Persona Q takes place during Persona 3 and during Persona 4. So you won't be spoiling the story in Persona 3, especially by playing the P4 side, but there are several subtle references to things that happen in Persona 3 when playing on the P3 side. Probably not stuff people who haven't played the game would catch on to, though.

Oh, okay. So, erm, I would basically be good to go? If I ever finish 4 that is. Doesn't seem to end. xD

hohoXD123

Think I may have encountered a bug. I'm near the beginning but in the labyrinths it's as though the R button is constantly being held down. It's fine in battles/menus though. Anyone have any idea how to fix this? Really don't want to start over again.

squadr0n

Think I may have encountered a bug. I'm near the beginning but in the labyrinths it's as though the R button is constantly being held down. It's fine in battles/menus though. Anyone have any idea how to fix this? Really don't want to start over again.

Are you strafing to the right all the time?

Since this thread popped up again, I might as well ask now.....

Why is the game called Persona Q? Like, what does the Q stand for? It cant be for Quest can it?

Since this thread popped up again, I might as well ask now.....

Why is the game called Persona Q? Like, what does the Q stand for? It cant be for Quest can it?

Reference to Etrian Odyssey, which is called Sekaiju no Meikyuu in Japanese, since kyuu from Meikyuu kind of sounds like Q, so it can be shortened to SQ.

eefara

I'm slowly working my way through the 3rd dungeon; I'm only on the second floor so far. I gotta say, the enemies that lower your resistance to an element are the worst. I've had way too many stupid close calls. :

Does it happen through the entire game that when cutscenes pop up in a dungeon the 3D is "inside out?" (Character models behind, background in front).

eefara

Since my last post, I've slooowly made my way to the 4th dungeon. This one seems better balanced than the 3rd, though the dungeon "puzzles" are as tedious as always...

eefara

Screw those damn FOEs though....well not a pain if your not 100%ing the map.

They haven't been too bad thus far; I've been caught a couple of times but have been able to flee with no major damage taken. I've actually 100%ed every floor as I go along, and I'm hoping to continue to do so. Night 1's at 98% right now, I believe; I'm just missing a few spots FOEs are standing on. Gotta chase them off. :p

Dingens

started playing this a few weeks back and made it to dungeon #4 and although I like the game, it has the same problem like any other smt related game: I never feel comfortable with the party I have... meaning that it feels like my personas are actually getting more shitty through each fusion... there is hardly any way to know which attacks I may need in the nearest future, which personas I'll be able to create etc. The SMT fusion system never felt satisfying and more like I'm just stumbling through the game and get lucky with fights, but never feels like I am in control.

that being said, I'm playing on hard and haven't had any real problems yet, surprisingly... despite my shitty setup progress and boss battles aren't hard. And since I started just insta-killing everything.... Seems like I'm on the right track but it just doesn't feel right. It's really hard to describe

Is there anything I can focus on to make the fusions "feel" better?
(party set up is aigis, kanji koromaru on the front and p3p and naoto in the back)

Since my last post, I've slooowly made my way to the 4th dungeon. This one seems better balanced than the 3rd, though the dungeon "puzzles" are as tedious as always...

tedious? I thought that the puzzles in dungeon 3 and 4 are actually a welcomed addition to lighten up the dungeon crawling a bit...

Top Bottom