• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth |OT| -- No Dating, Just Dungeons

I just got the Power Charge skill card from Liz and Marge's quest. Would it be put to better use on P4MC, or Shinjiro? The former is faster and has higher Luck (meaning crits and therefore boosts are easier to obtain) but the latter has much higher Strength and a more diverse physical to take advantage of the buff. I know you can extract more PC cards later in the game, but whixh character would take better advantage of it right now?

Altima

Normal seem a bit too easy.

Should I play hard or risky ? What the different between hard and risky ? Is there any unlock if I can beat risky mode ?

I want to keep it challenging but not painful and annoying.

bigkrev

I'm in the 4th floor of Evil Spirit Club, found all 4 "books" in the C2-3 and D2-3 rooms (can't read all of them because it's dark), found the "Under Construction" shortcut, but can't get Elizabeth to give me the quest to complete it. I've gone everywhere the map will allow me, and the only other places I can go are the Darkness door in E-2 (and if the key is currently avalible to me, I can't find it). I have done every quest Elizabeth has given me, including beating her on the 3rd floor of the dungeon.

The door between 2 rooms is still electronically locked, even though I have been on both sides of it

What do I have to do to make this pop?

aravuus

Finally bought the game to relief some stress between all these uni projects and looking for a job etc

Couple of hours in (playing on relief or whatever the easy easy mode was called) and while I've never really played any dungeon crawlers, this seems like it could be quite a lot of fun. I may end up checking out the Etrian Odyssey games after this.

I found a few Persona (from FOEs) that I'm not sure are worth my time--like, is it worth building these up over fusing something else?

Orthrus
Dominion
Mezuki

Orthrus seems pretty useful, but I'm not sure where I'll find the time to grind out his skillset when I have other, more well-rounded Persona to use.

I *really* wish they gave you more Persona slots. Christ.

aravuus

I start every battle with almost full SP on everyone, does the sub-persona's SP reserve get refilled after every battle or something? Or is it because of the difficulty I'm playing on (the easiest one)?

spiritfox

I start every battle with almost full SP on everyone, does the sub-persona's SP reserve get refilled after every battle or something? Or is it because of the difficulty I'm playing on (the easiest one)?

SP and HP of your sub gets refreshed every battle. It's in all difficulties.

I found a few Persona (from FOEs) that I'm not sure are worth my time--like, is it worth building these up over fusing something else?

Orthrus
Dominion
Mezuki

Orthrus seems pretty useful, but I'm not sure where I'll find the time to grind out his skillset when I have other, more well-rounded Persona to use.

I *really* wish they gave you more Persona slots. Christ.

I've found it's genereally more worth it to Sacrifice to one and either fuse it into a custom one or Extract. It's nearly broken to pay for this with a couple of Navi talents.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I just got the Power Charge skill card from Liz and Marge's quest. Would it be put to better use on P4MC, or Shinjiro? The former is faster and has higher Luck (meaning crits and therefore boosts are easier to obtain) but the latter has much higher Strength and a more diverse physical to take advantage of the buff. I know you can extract more PC cards later in the game, but whixh character would take better advantage of it right now?

Use it on a link character.

Power charge stacks with every link. That's A LOT of damage.

Mendrox

Yup.

Imagine every link going for 400-500 damage.

Also just got a persona with an extractable death chaser skill card~

LOL yes.

My setup was: P4MC = Yu, P3MC = Makoto

Yu (Heat Riser on Aegis), Makoto (Deliberate on enemy/boss), Aegis (Power Charge), Zen/Rei Guidance of blabla (More attack), Naoto (Raising Hit/Evade)

Yu (Heat Riser on Makoto), Makoto (Power Charge), Aegis (Death Chaser), Zen/Rei (Attacking with weakness attack), Naoto (More buffing or attacking)

Now the fun begins:

Yu (that one skill with 5-7 medium slash attacks), Makoto (Fire Link), Aegis (Myriad Arrows), Zen/Rei (Any attack), Naoto (Myriad Arrows)

Makoto Fire Link, Death Chaser activates, Fire Link DMG1, Zen/Rei, Fire Link DMG2, Naoto, Fire Link DMG3, Gemli -> Naoto attacks again, Fire Link DMG4, Yu attacks, Fire Link DMG5, Death Chaser, Fire Link DMG 6, Gemli activates, Yu again, Fire Link DMG7, Death Chaser, Fire Link DMG8, Aegis Myriad Arrow, Fire Link DMG9

= about 10.000 - 25.000 DMG or more

Too strong and that is not even the best setup.

Zareka

What level should I be to kill the Festival Dudes? Normally I'd be breezing past it but the
4 man party requirement
has completely screwed up my party considering
Yukari and Yukiko
are my healers and
Zen
doesn't count. Now I'm stuck with a lowbie Akihiko who's close to useless and my P3MC trying to heal, which would probably be fine if he didn't slow to a crawl for some reason in that fight.

It's the only request I'm having trouble with and I want to do them all before I finish the game. I figure it's my level that's the problem since I'm getting nuked by spin dash (they straight up ignore my P4MC tank in front with Pain Eater btw).

My party atm is as follows:
Front P4MC level 50
Back Yosuke level 48, P3MC level 50, Akihiko level 37

What level should I be to kill the Festival Dudes? Normally I'd be breezing past it but the
4 man party requirement
has completely screwed up my party considering
Yukari and Yukiko
are my healers and
Zen
doesn't count. Now I'm stuck with a lowbie Akihiko who's close to useless and my P3MC trying to heal, which would probably be fine if he didn't slow to a crawl for some reason in that fight.

It's the only request I'm having trouble with and I want to do them all before I finish the game. I figure it's my level that's the problem since I'm getting nuked by spin dash (they straight up ignore my P4MC tank in front with Pain Eater btw).

My party atm is as follows:
Front P4MC level 50
Back Yosuke level 48, P3MC level 50, Akihiko level 37
Lvl 50 seems kinda low-ish for where you are tbh. Regardless, just get Poisma + Impure Reach on one of your characters, poison him and defend for the rest of the fight until he drops dead. Your level should make little difference.

Zareka

Lvl 50 seems kinda low-ish for where you are tbh. Regardless, just get Poisma + Impure Reach on one of your characters, poison him and defend for the rest of the fight until he drops dead. Your level should make little difference.
Whelp, I just gave it another go and got him down to around a quarter health fine since he wouldn't stop spamming spiderweb, then he nuked my tank with a multihit attack and spammed maragadyne/ilao to finish off the others. Time to cheese it with poison!

Also I do feel like I'm a bit lower level than I should be most of the time, but I already get pathetic exp from mobs even on characters like Akihiko so I can't see myself being higher level without some major grinding. I'm playing in hard mode, if that makes difference.

Edit: Beat them!

Fandangox

After reaching the end of the fourth dungeon I took a break since I got FFTA2 as a Christmas gift and then got Devil Survivor in a sale. Recently started up again and I am on the final dungeon, already did the
Ultimate Persona
request, but I have a question..

Does everyone get ultimate personas? The cutscene said they would, but My other party members who are level 55 (so far Only Naoto and Yosuke) haven't evolved their Personas, they were already 55 before I did the request, do I have to level them up one more time?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Wow. I can't take ANY screenshots without having to go to Miiverse and they won't let me even take said screenshots in-game?

I wanted to take a screenshot of
Teddie x Minato's wedding photo
to post to Facebook as a cover photo. But nooooo Nintendo won't let me do that. And it isn't native like the PSP2's system-level screenshot function. Way to go. :/

Jintor

So I'm nearly at the top of the Dungeon and want to start going into OP mode so I can trash the rest of the game. What's the best way to get Dehabilitate, Heat Riser, Golden Links, Death Chaser, Myriad Arrows etc? Should I just load up a skill card list and start looking? Is it better to get a sub Persona that naturally learns that stuff instead?

Ourobolus

Banned
So I'm nearly at the top of the Dungeon and want to start going into OP mode so I can trash the rest of the game. What's the best way to get Dehabilitate, Heat Riser, Golden Links, Death Chaser, Myriad Arrows etc? Should I just load up a skill card list and start looking? Is it better to get a sub Persona that naturally learns that stuff instead?
Debilitate and Heat Riser are only for P3 MC and P4 MC, respectively.
Unless you are super high level you won't get a Golden Link card, so you'll have to find a Persona with it, and it isn't transferable.

Fandangox

So, question, Final Dungeon spoilers:

When I activate the switch in D7 floor 9 to open the way up in floor 8, How do I get past the spider on my way to floor 9 through floor 8 on B6? There doesn't seem to be any way to go through it.

Edit: nvm got it, was trying to solve this backwards.

Antiwhippy

Not complaining about it. It's been fun. Plus I got killing the spiders down to a science so I get to bypass one of the more annoying puzzles.

Antiwhippy

Soooooo... Final boss.

Panic first turn -> power charge + myriad arrows + stagnant air + shura tensei ad nauseam.

Didn't even touch me.

Loooooooool.

Edit: on a serious note though
Zen's speech afterwards
was actually really moving.

JimPanzer

just finished the 4th dungeon (loved it, best dungeon in the game so far) and sitting at 42 hours playtime. How long does the fifth dungeon take?

random25

just finished the 4th dungeon (loved it, best dungeon in the game so far) and sitting at 42 hours playtime. How long does the fifth dungeon take?

Just as long as the previous dungeons, I guess. The first few levels are quite short, but the last two are fairly big, practically the same size the levels in the 4th dungeon.

Jintor

Combat became a bit piss-easy once I broke it over one knee but it was pretty enjoyable all the way through. Pretty sure I finished all side-quests etc, probably more stuff in NG+ but not too worried. Might play through just to see the P3 scenes and stuff tho

Combat became a bit piss-easy once I broke it over one knee but it was pretty enjoyable all the way through. Pretty sure I finished all side-quests etc, probably more stuff in NG+ but not too worried. Might play through just to see the P3 scenes and stuff tho

Yeah, I'm on the 3rd dungeon and the game is getting a bit boring, to be honest. I'm barely fusing new Persona and I still steamroll most battles in a turn or two.

I still like the game, ultimately, but I wish the default difficulty was a bit higher.

Mandelbo

I have some spare eshop credit and I'm considering getting this, but I'm a bit hesitant; if I really enjoyed P4 but find EO4 quite dull, would I like PQ? I liked the mapping dungeons mechanic in EO but I never felt like there was anything really pushing me on, and so tended to get bored quite quickly with it.

spiritfox

I have some spare eshop credit and I'm considering getting this, but I'm a bit hesitant; if I really enjoyed P4 but find EO4 quite dull, would I like PQ? I liked the mapping dungeons mechanic in EO but I never felt like there was anything really pushing me on, and so tended to get bored quite quickly with it.

Well this game is basically EO with a Persona story, so it should be good for you.

Jintor

I'm at 40 and also feeling this way. Is it a bigger waste to quit at this point?

depends how you define waste. i clocked about 82-83 hours doing everything and being ludicrously OP for the final boss, but i bet you could clear in 70.

Something does kick the story into overdrive around hour 55-60 or so but if you're not enjoying it i don't know that it saves it or anything

bobohoro

I'm at 40 and also feeling this way. Is it a bigger waste to quit at this point?

Usually I'd say to just quit it, the compulsion to finish games is often doing you more damage than good.

But with Q it's kinda difficult. Did you enjoy the first few dungeons? Are you now at dungeon 4 and all the problems with the game began creeping up on you? Because really, that part is the lowpoint of the game and I too felt exhausted by that point, but the final dungeon and overpowered party building that came afterwards made it worthwile again.

Antiwhippy

Eh, I kinda think those were the only things that made it challenging.

Even with that most encounters that weren't FOEs are just kinda... there. FOEs were fun but other than a select few most can be figured out first time if you know what to do. Plus panic. Oh panic.

JimPanzer

Usually I'd say to just quit it, the compulsion to finish games is often doing you more damage than good.

But with Q it's kinda difficult. Did you enjoy the first few dungeons? Are you now at dungeon 4 and all the problems with the game began creeping up on you? Because really, that part is the lowpoint of the game and I too felt exhausted by that point, but the final dungeon and overpowered party building that came afterwards made it worthwile again.

really? The 4th dungeon was the highest point for me. Loved the puzzles and I finally got more money for fusions etc.

Top Bottom