• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2018 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| Man Blue vs Man Red for the KONAMI Cup

spwolf

Anyone else seeing a lot of weird stuttering during games? Like a stuttery slow down. It's worse in some matches than others but it's deffo there and quite distracting.

On PS4 Pro.

nope... online or offline? Game runs very smooth for me offline, i played like 10 games... also one online that went well too, but I am in europe and that might matter.

After adjusting the vsync to adaptive, no stuttering or slow down.

I am having some trouble dribblingm it's been a while since did she played pes. Any good tutorials ? I did play the in-game tutorial but it was very basic

Robso

So, seeing Ronaldo join Everton on the last page makes me wonder... has anybody else had absolutely bizarre transfers in ML?

I prefer Master League to Career Mode.

My problem with Career Mode is that it tries to be too realistic. Having to scout players to find out their ratings, having to piss about with training to improve stats. I don't want that. I'd play Football Manager if I wanted that.
I want a list of all the top rated players and I want to sign them for peanuts.

One thing that's really bad about ML though, and I don't know if they've fixed it because I've not started one yet (I'm guessing they haven't) , is that you can only do 5 negotiations at any one time. Makes things a bit of a pain in the arse.

mauaus

Starting to like this game less the more i play... Marking effectively is damn near impossible on ss and legend. Lots of cheap unstoppable goals... So frustrating

T-Rex.

Banned
Dumb question, but how are you guys playing above 1080p on PC? Under the settings the max is 1080p for me.

Also, adjusting the Lens Simulation to low and Post-processing to off seems to clean the image up a bit.
I'll give this a try, thank you.

Grassy

Dumb question, but how are you guys playing above 1080p on PC? Under the settings the max is 1080p for me.

You need to set your desktop resolution to whatever resolution you want in-game, then run the PES settings app and the higher resolution will be selectable.

Anyone found a complete OF yet? The one posted earlier doesnt seem to work properly for me, have to import the managers pics when i thought they were included when you import the teams.

Robso

Anyone found a complete OF yet? The one posted earlier doesnt seem to work properly for me, have to import the managers pics when i thought they were included when you import the teams.

I don't have a link to a complete one, and if you don't find one, PESUniverse will release their OF for free at some point. I'm guessing in the next few days.

There's was excellent for PES 2017. It included everything pre done teams wise. Kits, managers and commentary team names etc.

Lux R7

Starting to like this game less the more i play... Marking effectively is damn near impossible on ss and legend. Lots of cheap unstoppable goals... So frustrating

Try follow the tips of this guy https://twitter.com/Matt10L?s=09

I consider myself a veteran but legend needs a lot of patience and good tactics. It's perfectly normal to loose some matches imho, cpu is near perfect when in possession.

Is it best to wait until I'm able to get the roster updates to import the OF or does it not matter?

I'm on PC btw.

Depends what option file you're going for.

If it's just for kits and team/competition names then you can import the file before no bother.

If it's a file with the Bundesliga and other created teams then it's best to apply the update before importing.

GHG

Gold Member
I prefer Master League to Career Mode.

My problem with Career Mode is that it tries to be too realistic. Having to scout players to find out their ratings, having to piss about with training to improve stats. I don't want that. I'd play Football Manager if I wanted that.
I want a list of all the top rated players and I want to sign them for peanuts.

One thing that's really bad about ML though, and I don't know if they've fixed it because I've not started one yet (I'm guessing they haven't) , is that you can only do 5 negotiations at any one time. Makes things a bit of a pain in the arse.

I don't know if it's still in this years version but the reasoning was to stop you from just being able to sell every player in your squad and replace them within one transfer window.

In other news, I managed to spin Neymar with the CL agent. I've never had luck like this before in this mode. A front three of Messi, Neymar and Maradona... ridiculous.

Bumhead

Banned
nope... online or offline? Game runs very smooth for me offline, i played like 10 games... also one online that went well too, but I am in europe and that might matter.

Offline.

Might turn off the Pro features and see if that sorts it.

philm87

Am I the only one *trying* to play 3v3 on this game?

Is anyone playing it and not finding it a complete lag-fest?

Does everyone you're playing with (that you know) have a decent connection? Not tried 3 v 3 yet but every 1 v 1 game has been perfect.

Think it would probably limit it to europe only on the matchmaking, and would search for more local people. Is there any option to filter the strength of connection? Can't remember. Maybe there's not enough people playing 3v3 yet so it struggles to get a good connection. Surprised me that last night there were only 21,000 people on the MyClub rankings, such a small number compared with Fifa, I'm sure this will rise though, think PES2017 had well over 100k on PS4.

Only fool proof method I know of to limit to local connections in online games is to have a router that allows you to do this.

I've installed an option file and unfortunetly it's all a mish mash of LAST YEARS kits, which is pretty rubbish. What's the process of overwriting option files on ps4 you've put on already with a new one? Tick all the over write settings?

PaulLFC

I've installed an option file and unfortunetly it's all a mish mash of LAST YEARS kits, which is pretty rubbish. What's the process of overwriting option files on ps4 you've put on already with a new one? Tick all the over write settings?
That may work but I just went to system storage in settings, deleted the Edit data and started the import process again. You'll need to re-apply the live update again first after you make new edit data if you do this though.

Whats the 3v3 all about then? Is it similar to Pro clubs on fifa where you create a team, Yourself and add your friends and then compete against other players in 10 divisions?

pieface

Does everyone you're playing with (that you know) have a decent connection? Not tried 3 v 3 yet but every 1 v 1 game has been perfect.

Think it would probably limit it to europe only on the matchmaking, and would search for more local people. Is there any option to filter the strength of connection? Can't remember. Maybe there's not enough people playing 3v3 yet so it struggles to get a good connection. Surprised me that last night there were only 21,000 people on the MyClub rankings, such a small number compared with Fifa, I'm sure this will rise though, think PES2017 had well over 100k on PS4.

Only fool proof method I know of to limit to local connections in online games is to have a router that allows you to do this.

Yup everyone I play with are all local to me with 50MB+ connections.

As far as I can tell, there's no filtering options whatsoever. Unless they are done in a menu I don't know about?

Whats the 3v3 all about then? Is it similar to Pro clubs on fifa where you create a team, Yourself and add your friends and then compete against other players in 10 divisions?

Yup, you create a clan, add your friends, and then go play other clans. It's really poorly executed though.

pieface

I don't understand why in 2017 both EA and Konami aren't using dedicated servers for this?

Even rocket league does ffs....

T-Rex.

Banned
Sw2YBet.jpg

bah gawd

Hasney

I don't understand why in 2017 both EA and Konami aren't using dedicated servers for this?

Even rocket league does ffs....

Rocket League has to as without the best possible mechanics, it would fail and their reputation would be shot as a small dev.

People will shovel PES and FIFA into their veins no matter what the deal is, so they don't have to pay. They're already paying for a centralised server network for Ultimate Team and MyClub and all that shite.

Not sure what the year has to do with much. If anything, dedicated servers were more common back in the day.

pieface

Rocket League has to as without the best possible mechanics, it would fail and their reputation would be shot as a small dev.

People will shovel PES and FIFA into their veins no matter what the deal is, so they don't have to pay. They're already paying for a centralised server network for Ultimate Team and MyClub and all that shite.

Not sure what the year has to do with much. If anything, dedicated servers were more common back in the day.

Dunno. The online experience is shit. In 2017 that's pretty terrible. Dedicated servers would go some way to fixing that (I think).

If the shitty online gameplay isn't down to connection, then it's a truly shit game.

Fact is, I played one game which was perfect, everything was so responsive, every other game has been an absolute slog and is barely playable. So would dedicated servers help? I think so.

Hasney

Dunno. The online experience is shit. In 2017 that's pretty terrible. Dedicated servers would go some way to fixing that (I think).

If the shitty online gameplay isn't down to connection, then it's a truly shit game.

Fact is, I played one game which was perfect, everything was so responsive, every other game has been an absolute slog and is barely playable. So would dedicated servers help? I think so.

Would most likely help, I'm just saying why they won't bother. It's a cost and if they can get away with not spending a cent, they will.

philm87

Got myself a nice router second hand off ebay a year or so ago, improved my connections no end. Netdouma R1. Cost about £80 second hand, but well worth it. Bid fiddly to set-up but had great results. Can't help if the other person has a real dire connection but you can set the radius that you connect to people with, so massively improves the chance of good connections.

https://netduma.com/

Also really good for other games, get a nice low ping on Battlefield.

So the pesuniverse OF doesn't have the bundesliga players yet right? Just installed it and the league and kits are there but not the players.

senahorse

Just ordered the pesuniverse option file, assuming it would be for PC as well (bad move on my part), is there any word of them doing a PC version?

Yeah, iirc bundesliga wasn't ready until months after last year.

Happy with it otherwise, no faffing required and the kits look great. Just need pick a team to start ML with now 🤔

Top Bottom