• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PewDiePie defends Polish politician who believes women are less intelligent than men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuchsdh

"I'm probably not the right person to talk about this, but the gender gap..."

giphy.gif

He's got one good point for every three garbage ones. At this point I don't see how you can keep giving him the benefit of the doubt because he specifically decided to talk about this.

Keri

Yeah, it's really scary that someone with this view has such an incredible platform and ability to influence children. Things are going to be just great for women, in the upcoming years. Just great .

I hope I'm still legally able to own my retirement savings, when I'm older, and they don't take the right to own property away from us again, for our own good. :(

Maybe the internet being regulated like TV isnt such a bad thing :( I dont care about freedom that much if it means protecting children.
Back then we had awesome TV shows as kids.

Granted, one could go grow up and still vote for the GOP as someone mentioned earlier, but at least we had shows to help guide us.

Now, PDP is more famous than Mr. Rodgers and Levar Burton put together with a much bigger audience.

This is a very concerning because he has a lot of young, impressionable kids to himself to indoctrinate with his toxic bullshit.

Valhelm

contribute something
hbomberguy.
contrapoints.

We've got a couple alright folks, but lefty youtubers generally lack the production values and slick upload schedule of the right. We also can't rely on other, larger communities like LPers to funnel apolitical young people toward our movements.

akira28

its almost like there are ulterior motives afoot.

can we get some lefty media consultants that know what the fuck they're talking about please?

Carcetti

This dumbass really loves his nazis but I'm sure his cultists will swarm this thread to defend him too. I'm almost scared to look at the previous pages.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops

IaN_GAF

Until we stop making overblown caricatures out of the people we do not agree with, we will be unable to attempt to reason with them.

This goes for YouTube personalities, Trump supporters, friends and family.

sa201674

Banned
We've got a couple alright folks, but lefty youtubers generally lack the production values and slick upload schedule of the right. We also can't rely on other, larger communities like LPers to funnel apolitical young people toward our movements.

Contrapoints has better production values than alt-right folks.

Problem is alt-right youtubers have hundreds of thousands to millions of subcribers while contrapoints and other similiar youtube channels only have tens of thousands.

It's messed up that feminist fail youtube videos rake in millions of views.

You mean the guy likely brought up on a daily diet of 4chan is a fucking degenerate racist and an idiot?

I am fucking shocked.

Shocked.

Not really.

Fuck Pewdiepie, he's an annoying cunt.

Dehnus

Okay, at first I could believe the guy made a very stupid racist joke, but the evidence of him being an arse is really starting to pile up :(.

akira28

Until we stop making overblown caricatures out of the people we do not agree with, we will be unable to attempt to reason with them.

I'm probably not going to try to reason with Pewdie Pie.

fester

Banned

What? Anyway, you can't use reason to change the mind of someone who didn't use reason to form their shitty opinion in the first place.

L Thammy

Okay, at first I could believe the guy made a very stupid racist joke, but the evidence of him being an arse is really starting to pile up :(.

The evidence of him being an arse is at least five years old at this point; the question is whether he grew up or not.

Violet_0

Banned
I don't understand why he even attempts to talk about political topics. He's neither qualified for it nor does his audience care about these things

Dynasty

Some people just need to keep their political opinions to themselves.

This or if you are going to go into politics make sure you have your facts straight and actually put in the effort to research. Going to be interesting to see if he goes full JonTron.

Dynasty

Why is it that so many if these YouTube game streaming people are like such terrible people? It's so weird.

Confirmation bias, there are a ton of good streamers, you just remember the bad ones because they are who we tend to talk about more.
The good ones also tend to stick in there lane and not go into stuff they have no idea about because they have morals and feel a responsibility to not misinform there audiences.

"I think gays are human beings.

You think they're not.

Can we meet in the middle? How about we let them be human on even-numbered days of the month?"

Not every issue has two sides.

Not every person can be reasoned with.

Not every view deserves a platform or "understanding."

Stop being a wishy-washy "moderate" who'd rather make excuses for bigoted people, especially if they look like you, than condemn them.

I was under the impression that Gaf does not like pewdipie overwhelmingly, I didn't think that there would be many defenders, was I wrong here?

Actually I remember the general opinion from before was "I don't like his content but he seems like a decent guy (when not performing)". Then all this nonsense starts happening and he lost even that.

Violet_0

Banned
that can't be it. Those millions of kids and teenagers don't go to his channel to hear his opinion about some nobody Polish politican and what he has to say about women. He only gains to lose from this, even if it's just because this goes way above the heads of his audience
if anything, I'd guess he might be looking for validation? Be someone who is taken seriously and can shape opinion (failing miserably, of course)

Chumley

Banned
I take some pride in saying from Day 1 that PDP being so popular is a terrible thing, back when saying that would get endless amounts of "you're just jealous" and variations of that as responses.

Catvoca

Banned
You could make a blank video with the text "feminism is cuck sjw" and you'd get billions of views.

Yep. The part I hate most is that I think there's a sizable portion of YouTubers who, while not directly pandering to this stuff, will refuse to condemn it because they're afraid of losing followers by saying things like "Trump is bad" or "Sexism is wrong".

Alienfan

I take some pride in saying from Day 1 that PDP being so popular is a terrible thing, back when saying that would get endless amounts of "you're just jealous" and variations of that as responses.

The rape jokes, sexisim and homophobia that riddled his early content should have been a give away.

Shauni

Confirmation bias, there are a ton of good streamers, you just remember the bad ones because they are who we tend to talk about more.
The good ones also tend to stick in there lane and not go into stuff they have no idea about because they have morals and feel a responsibility to not misinform there audiences.

I don't know, maybe, but it seems like there's a real trend here and not just imagined.

Much of the wage gap is misleading, in the way that people try to use it, but important to show that something isn't right. I don't understand why YouTuber's jump up and down to defend racists/sexists, give their ideas analysis, but never do the same for so called "SJWs." They may not be racist but they're number one in defending them.

Valhelm

contribute something
that can't be it. Those millions of kids and teenagers don't go to his channel to hear his opinion about some nobody Polish politican and what he has to say about women. He only gains to lose from this, even if it's just because this goes way above the heads of his audience
if anything, I'd guess he might be looking for validation? Be someone who is taken seriously and can shape opinion (failing miserably, of course)

He's pandering to an existing far-right YouTube demographic.

tci

I expected this video to be some kind of insane defense. After watching it, I am not sure what even was the point of it. Sure PDP should stop wasting his time on these type of videos. But imo again this is blown out of proportions.

I agree that large youtubers should start to take more responsibility in regards of their massive audience. This can easily misguide people. Especially young ones. If you don't understand the subject, don't talk about it, or try to "educate" others on it. Opinions are fine, but have some damn insight.

As a side note, today's Internet is so thirsty for drama it is ridiculous. Must be really awarding to always find small things to blow up all the time I guess. Glad I mostly stay away from it.

The Kree

Banned
Much of the wage gap is misleading, in the way that people try to use it, but important to show that something isn't right. I don't understand why YouTuber's jump up and down to defend racists/sexists, give their ideas analysis, but never do the same for so called "SJWs." They may not be racist but they're number one in defending them.

Of course they're racist. The status quo needs protecting or else all their privilege goes away. They're hyper aware of this. That's why these guys react the way they do.

You telling me if you got a pot of gold sitting behind you you're gonna let people just walk up and stick their hands in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom