• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PGA Tour 2016 |OT| Tour Wars: Revenge Of The Spieth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Officially just one week until the Masters!

Jason Day is now the #1 ranked player in the world heading in the Masters, Spieth is looking incredibly weak heading into this first major.

Jason has been great lately. Really happy for him.

Jason has been great lately. Really happy for him.

My fiancee' supports my love for golf, and she watched the recent Feherty episode with me on Jason Day. His childhood story really resonated with her, and she became a huge Jason fan too.

NYR

It's impossible not to like Jason, love his tv ad too about being the best vs trying to be the best.

Officially Masters Week!

Would like to see win:
Jason Day
Hideki Matsuyama
Adam Scott
Rickie Fowler

Would not like to see win:
Bubba Watson (UGH)
Patrick Reed (UUUGGGHHHH)

Hopefully I can get a twilight round in the afternoon on Saturday, as an excuse to wear green this weekend.

brerwolfe

Son of a bitch I didn't realize anyone made a 2016 PGA Tour thread. I could've been posting pictures all up in this.

For anyone that doesn't know me from the previous threads, I'm a freelance camera operator working mainly with the Tour. Last year I attended 35 tournaments (including two majors). I'm currently scheduled for 27 this year with the US Open, PGA and Ryder Cup on the calendar.

I also like taking photos while I'm out. I take them as a hobby, but the Tour ends up using them for their social media channels from time to time as well.

Anyhow, will there be a Masters thread this week, or is everything going in here?

Here are a couple photos from previous tournaments (if anyone cares):

Torrey Pines:

2016 Farmers Insurance Open - Torrey Pines Aerial by brerwolfe, on Flickr

2016 Farmers Insurance Open - Torrey Pines Aerial by brerwolfe, on Flickr

Pebble Beach:

Pebble Beach - Lone Cyprus by brerwolfe, on Flickr

Pebble Beach - 18th hole Panoramic by brerwolfe, on Flickr

Pebble Beach - Mickelson on 9th fairway by brerwolfe, on Flickr

Bay Hill:

2016 Arnold Palmer Invitational - Spectator Entrance by brerwolfe, on Flickr

2016 Arnold Palmer Invitational - No. 8 Green by brerwolfe, on Flickr

Puerto Rico Open:

2016 Puerto Rico Open by brerwolfe, on Flickr

2016 Puerto Rico Open - The Long Walk by brerwolfe, on Flickr

2016 Puerto Rico Open - Tee Marker by brerwolfe, on Flickr

ShaneB

Awesome as always.

Pretty much what I was going to post. Fantastic photos as always brerwolfe.

Excited as hell for tomorrow. Par 3 contest today should be fun as well.

Watched '86 last night on Golf Channel, and that was great fun.

Just hoping for a tight leaderboard on Sunday!

brerwolfe

Spieth leading thru 8 holes. Awesome.

And thanks, guys, for the photo compliments. I love taking the photos but no one I know cares about golf, so no one to share them with!

brerwolfe

Tv broadcast begins at 3p eastern, but masters.com is streaming featured group coverage all day.

First featured groups are Spieth/Casey/DeChambeau and Fowler/Zach and an Asian amateur.

Niraj

Ernie Els Sextuplet Bogey on First Hole at Masters

Some rough (or "ehh, I don't really care") putting here from Ernie!

f334c620-b433-0133-8e65-0e48bdb35f23.gif

Anno

Every year I'm more impressed with Augusta's handling of their web content. They just crush any other golf event, and probably most other sports events in general.

LordAmused

The first time I saw the replay of the Ernie Els brain farts, I couldn't stop laughing. Then I felt bad for the guy, I mean he is a great man.

Funny stuff though.

ShaneB

Spieth is leading the masters. Looks like I'm watching the masters this year.

You wouldn't watch if he wasn't leading??

Good day of golf today..crazy seeing the back nine have its way with so many. I'm just praying Spieth struggles a bit and the leaderboard tightens up heading into the weekend. I don't want a boring Sunday finish.

brerwolfe

Featured group coverage is beginning on masters.com right now. Bubba/Poulter/Grace and Day/Kuchar/Els (oof. Hurts just writing his name!)

The first time I saw the replay of the Ernie Els brain farts, I couldn't stop laughing. Then I felt bad for the guy, I mean he is a great man.

Funny stuff though.

To think he has to play 35 more holes after that. Ernie Els used to be a contender for 2nd under Tiger. The new guard has defiantly taken over. To see Mickleson at even is good but I don't think he going to contend.

ShaneB

Why do we need a thread dedicated to one tournament when we already have a thread for the PGA that barely reaches 10 pages by season end - we never had dedicated threads before, and it splits the community apart.

Agreed. I was going to suggest a thread title change to reflect it being Masters week. Didn't realize there was a Masters OT, but I posted in the other thread as well just now, so I guess I'm part of the problem.

Niraj

Why do we need a thread dedicated to one tournament when we already have a thread for the PGA that barely reaches 10 pages by season end - we never had dedicated threads before, and it splits the community apart.

There are usually individual threads for the majors though, or at least for the Masters. Remember the last two years at least.

Same with tennis, though I think that has more to do with that being a community section thread and the individual threads offering more exposure.

I don't care either way, just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom