• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT| YOUR MAJESTY

I just saw your invite Nishastra. I haven't been on since I've been heavily busy with work. I got lucky that I got on a while ago and an Emergency mission was on. I finally got the Difficulty Quest from Koffie so I might just o for that one until I can get other people to help me defeat Vol Dragon.
I haven't been on much lately since I am playing other games (and I am expecting 3 more games in the mail pretty soon). But I still log on daily for the daily FUN points and up for Forest Emergency Quests if those ever pop up. :p
Funny you mention that since that was what the Emergency Mission was a while ago .

Reknoc

I just saw your invite Nishastra. I haven't been on since I've been heavily busy with work. I got lucky that I got on a while ago and an Emergency mission was on. I finally got the Difficulty Quest from Koffie so I might just o for that one until I can get other people to help me defeat Vol Dragon.

Funny you mention that since that was what the Emergency Mission was a while ago .

I can help you with both of those things whenever you're free. Being in a party will make the Rockbear and Stretch Lizstrong kills go faster.

Good lord, I forgot about that Lisa avy lol.
I can help you with both of those things whenever you're free. Being in a party will make the Rockbear and Stretch Lizstrong kills go faster.

I guess you it would be nice to finish both the Free Desert and Hard Mode Unlock quest easier.

Nishastra

Banned
Just fought Vardha for the first time as a Force. He's a lot more... tedious than as a Ranger, just because I can't stand on top of him out of range of his torso and just fire away, I have to switch to my Gunslash all the time to keep my PP up.

Also it's a lot more difficult to get rid of his missile launchers because Rafoie doesn't impact on his body at all if it's not a direct hit on a part that takes damage. So splash damage just doesn't work, making it a lot harder to destroy them safely. I'll have to experiment a bit. I'm just not used to even having to be careful in that fight :p

Also fought Tranmizer for the first time outside of his mission. He really doesn't function well at all in small rooms :p

Just fought Vardha for the first time as a Force. He's a lot more... tedious than as a Ranger, just because I can't stand on top of him out of range of his torso and just fire away, I have to switch to my Gunslash all the time to keep my PP up.

Once you have the missile turrets destroyed you can be lazy and just stand on the top "stair" leading to the deck and Rafoie away nearly every part of him without being in danger of getting hit by anything, while still being close enough that you can recharge PP very easily using a Talis.

Also it's a lot more difficult to get rid of his missile launchers because Rafoie doesn't impact on his body at all if it's not a direct hit on a part that takes damage. So splash damage just doesn't work, making it a lot harder to destroy them safely. I'll have to experiment a bit. I'm just not used to even having to be careful in that fight :p

I think you're going to have to show me what you mean, because I have no problem hitting literally anything in the game with Rafoie. It hits so precisely and at such ludicrous range I'm expecting it to be nerfed at some point. It'll hit whatever you can lock on to, no matter what.

If you're over-the-shoulder aiming it and miss a target, the damage should register on his center, somewhere in his chest area.

Nishastra

Banned
Once you have the missile turrets destroyed you can be lazy and just stand on the top "stair" leading to the deck and Rafoie away nearly every part of him without being in danger of getting hit by anything, while still being close enough that you can recharge PP very easily using a Talis.
I normally stand on top of the first set of missile launchers after I've gotten rid of them, because from there he'll fire his beam all the time but can't hit you with it, so you can just keep hitting his weak spot. I'll give the stairs a shot next time. Gunslashing isn't so bad, though. Just it took me a while to think of it, so the fight took forever :p

If you're over-the-shoulder aiming it and miss a target, the damage should register on his center, somewhere in his chest area.
I thought something like that might be happening, since normally when an enemy can't be "hit" by Rafoie the explosion happens somewhere behind them, but I didn't see the explosion at all. The problem is just being able to actually hit the missile launchers on the back, since they need to be done away with.

It's practically cheating, but with a Launcher you can stand underneath them and destroy them through the bottom, and the missiles only have about a 1% chance of reaching you :p

And yes, I do manually aim. I don't really like the lock-on mode and also like being able to plant my explosions between enemies :p

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Used the 37k xp CO to finally get my Ranger to 40:
iLn0F8xdg3lhf.jpg
Force is next, doing the CO everyday should give me enough XP to get him to 40 before the big patch hits.

VariantX

Man, need to get my RA to at least 30 then. Havent had time to play in a whole week, thanks to the beginning of the new semester, can't wait to get back in this friday.

Played a game after a while. Have to play Caves cause a shitty CO. S Rank under 20 on hard. Ok, lets go and farm this shit. After farm for a while and kill a Caterdran I headed to boss, and BUG:

I spammed just into a block and game went crazy. Falling faster everytime until you have both skybox and scenary flickering in the screen. Had to log out.

How much I hate caves.

About new classes, I want more content for my Force, no 3 more classes to play again the same scenarios. I already had to repeat the same Quests to level up my force to 40. Then Hunter. Now I'm slowly leveling my Ranger, currently at 19, only with CO, because I'm not in the mood to replay this all the day. I'm not going to play all over again 3 more times to level 3 more classes.

Game is dying to me right now.

I guess it's a good thing I only like one of the classes because I haven't played to the point of burnout... despite passing the 250 hour mark last night. I just keep playing my main class because it's what I enjoy.

Certainly going to give Techer a try though, but from what we know of it I don't see it supplanting Force as my main class.

So I've been reading between the "I need a New PC!" thread and the system requirements for this game.

Honestly I think making sense of computer specs have passed me by big-time. Is the "Standard" setup more than sufficient for this game? Like will it guarantee 60 fps?

ezodagrom

Certainly going to give Techer a try though, but from what we know of it I don't see it supplanting Force as my main class.
Well, PSO2 producer hinted that there will be a subclass system in October, people speculate that maybe we'll be able to use the weapons, photon arts and skill trees of 2 classes at once.

There's no details about subclasses though, there's only the hint and planned time for release:
Sakai dropped a hint in his previous blog post about something new coming up in a future update. Can you fill in the blank?

○ブ○ラス
_ _ B _ L A S S

Planned for October: Level Cap 50 and _ _ B _ LASS. Yes they’re coming, just have to wait a bit longer.
http://bumped.org/psublog/sakais-fill-in-the-blank-and-sega-at-comiket-82/
http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2s-dynamic-music-system-sympathy/

So I've been reading between the "I need a New PC!" thread and the system requirements for this game.

Honestly I think computer specs have passed me by big-time. Is the "Standard" setup more than sufficient for this game? Like will it guarantee 60 fps?

You can grab the character creator/benchmark tool and find out for yourself if you don't want to just dive into the game right away.

On an E8400 + HD6870 at 720p windowed with everything turned all the way up, I'm at a constant 60fps everywhere except lobbies and where things are getting unusually frenzied (bosses in multiparty zones or during bursts).

If techer ends up being a melee force class like the windmill promo weapon would suggest I'm set forever. Love me some o that Mage Knight archetype.

I already play my Force as a melee when situation is prone to it.

Starting with some Rafoies, I dive into large groups spamming GiGrantz, dodging them while charging it, and knocking their heads with the rod to fill the PP gauge. With Shifta you are able to hit for over 200 dmg, what its not bad at all considering the dmg my hunter do.

One thing that annoys me it's the unability to use PA's when equipping other classes weapons. If your character have already learned that PA's, and considering your stats will be lower, I do not understand why to restric PA's. It makes that weapons just useless. Even more when that 'all classes' weapons stats are just average, you lack other classes habilities such as Weak Shot or Gears and Skill tree to synergize.

It's not like a Force with Tuna+Shifta would be doing more DPS than a Hunter with Fury Stance+Ardillo.

In PSO v1/v2 the chance to equip Soul Eater or Plantain Huge Fan partisans as Force let you to hit several enemies at a single hit, here Soul Eater as a Force is just useless since all weapons are able to do that on PSO2.

Just for kicks, I've attempted to create a rod with Tech3 + Ragne Soul since I saved a lot of weapon drops with certain abilities. Once I prepared everything, I had a 50% chance for Tech3 and a 60% with Ragne (which is probably the best you can do), but when I rolled the dice only the soul got through. Bleh, back to square one.

Getting ready for the new content, I got my force and ranger to 40, and my hunter is now 22. I don't play hunter so I just do COs for the exp bonus.

VariantX

Honestly I think making sense of computer specs have passed me by big-time. Is the "Standard" setup more than sufficient for this game? Like will it guarantee 60 fps?

Well, if you go up one tier to the enhanced build, you'll get 60 fps 99.99% of the time in pso2 since that's the guide I used to pick the parts for my own pc. The one time I even get the smallest hint of slowdown is during the sandstorm in desert (and even then its barely noticeable). Even if you have a 12-man party with cross burst going on with stuff and particles covering the entirety of the screen, zero slowdown whatsoever.

My parts:

i5 2500k @ 3.3ghz
ASUS DIRECT CU 6870 1GB (comes factory oc'd @ 915mhz)
8GB Corsair Vengeance

Also, I run the game @ 1080p with with everything turned up to high also.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim

Sufficient absolutely. It will probably dip when shit hits the fan, but it's a very good build with a 2120 and 6870.

Also mentioned was that the enhanced build is overall the best. If you can spring for a 7850 (or even 660Ti / 7950) it'll handle just about anything at 1080p.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
If you can write Japanese, be sure to take part in the first player survey.
I wrote about doing the same fields again and again and about the level 20-30 gap in interesting content.

I can't read jap, much less write it :p

New minor patch is up.

Patch Notes
Corrected a bug where the Quartz Dragon would disappear and not appear again.
Corrected a bug where the Boss containers for the “Subdue Fang Banther” may appear up on the tree and you can’t acquire it.
Corrected a bug where the Fang Banther wouldn’t move and you can’t subdue it.
Corrected a bug where the game would be forced to close when you play the same quest for a long time.
Changed block names on All Ships.
Adjusted the clear rewards of Kuroto’s client orders.
There is a known bug in Running Practice Lillipa where the recovery pod model doesn’t show.

A lot of new scratch items such as dresses and room stuff (most of them just reskins of classic room items).
http://bumped.org/psublog/category/phantasy-star-online-2/

English patch should be broken by now.

No new client side text, so patch still working fine.

Looks like it's gotten pretty busy here. I might jump into this game again since I was busy beating Castlevania Lament of Innocence. Good to know that the level cap is coming in October. Might be able to make it to the 30s by then so I'm not to left behind.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Any way to DL the full installer or a patch file?

My net keeps disconnecting recently and hasn't made patching easy. Does the streaming install DC if connection drops?

While I'm digging through screenshots... has this happened to anyone else?

PSE still builds up during the Fang Banther emergency mission boss fight and we managed to trigger a PSE Burst after the boss died.

How'ed you manage to do this lol. You'd think that the PSE would've gone down while fighting Fang Banther, unless your really skilled enough to kill it fast enough.

Nishastra

Banned
Techer sounds like the right thing for me as well.

I tend to be in the middle whacking stuff anyway, and if their skill tree has stuff that makes Gigrants stronger, all the better! :p

How'ed you manage to do this lol. You'd think that the PSE would've gone down while fighting Fang Banther, unless your really skilled enough to kill it fast enough.

None of the PSE had carried over from area 2; area 3 starts fresh. We were a full party so there were 5-8 Fongalfs on the field at all times, and for whatever reason this fight doesn't disable PSE like every other boss fight in the game (and in fact, Banshee and Banther themselves contribute to PSE greatly sometimes).

It was a pretty hilarious "nope, you're not done yet" moment, but it wouldn't have been nearly as funny if the Banther were still alive when it happened.

So looking at the update roadmap, it looks like with the LV50 / V.Hard unlock during the fall we're getting... a whole lot of nothing of new content for another ten levels! Hopefully the mid-fall update is going to add something at LV45, or better yet, LV40.

So looking at the update roadmap, it looks like with the LV50 / V.Hard unlock during the fall we're getting... a whole lot of nothing of new content for another ten levels! Hopefully the mid-fall update is going to add something at LV45, or better yet, LV40.

Honestly, I'm quite satisfied with the amount of content we have already. The game already has more content than PSO and PSO ep2 combined, and this is in just under two months of formal launch.

Top Bottom