• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT| YOUR MAJESTY

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Forgot all about this game as I rarely come into community side. Registered ID and downloading now. PSO was my first online game. Judging from the screenshots this looks like that on steroids.
Are you planning to use the friend invite system? If yes, you could use my ID for some badges and stuff - 10077436. If you're planning on playing on ship 02 and want an invite to the gaf team, shoot me a pm when you're online.
Also, since this thread is a bit outdated, you can check the changes since release one to see what's been added to the game.

rykomatsu

btw, is there any particular reason Ash, Sue, Gilliam, and Lupika are always shown together? I never played PSO so I don't know if there's any back story behind it or not...

Are you planning to use the friend invite system? If yes, you could use my ID for some badges and stuff - 10077436. If you're planning on playing on ship 02 and want an invite to the gaf team, shoot me a pm when you're online.
Also, since this thread is a bit outdated, you can check the changes since release one to see what's been added to the game.

Thanks for the info in that update post. This really looks like a nice time to jump in. Especially with the english patch. And damn, the screenshots are drool-worthy. Such awesome monster designs!

I might take you up on that offer for the badges and stuff. Will certainly send a PM when I want to meet some folks on Ship 02. I always start these kinds of games tinkering solo and learning the ropes. Is it particularly solo friendly?

btw, is there any particular reason Ash, Sue, Gilliam, and Lupika are always shown together? I never played PSO so I don't know if there's any back story behind it or not...
They're SEGA's "demo PCs". They use those same names every time they demo content. They've been doing it as far back as the original PSO.
They also use SONIC, KNUCKLE, etc. at times, as well.

Just finished episode 0 and I am in the lobby. Wow! This is really it...Phantasy Star Online 2. Color me impressed so far. I love how natural the controls feel. Not once during the tutorial was I ever confused. Looks very crisp visually as well.

I chose a burly Cast because Sega makes some really nice mech designs. I entered Keiician's code when making character. Where do I get whatever gifts are recieved from that?

So yeah, this is my kind of game. Already washing away the taste of Universe. Can't wait to sink some quality time into it.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Just finished episode 0 and I am in the lobby. Wow! This is really it...Phantasy Star Online 2. Color me impressed so far. I love how natural the controls feel. Not once during the tutorial was I ever confused. Looks very crisp visually as well.

I chose a burly Cast because Sega makes some really nice mech designs. I entered Keiician's code when making character. Where do I get whatever gifts are recieved from that?

So yeah, this is my kind of game. Already washing away the taste of Universe. Can't wait to sink some quality time into it.
You'll get badges as you level up (1 badge for lv 10, 2 for lv 20, 3 for lv 30, etc...). You'll get a message sent to your mailbox when you earn one and you can then pick them up from the bank by selecting the promo storage inventory.

When you're ready to spend them, take them out of the bank and go to the shopping level in the lobby. Head for the lowest floor with all the TV screens and you'll find some shops tucked in there including the badge shop. Costume accessories cost between 1 ~ 4 badges while the weapons all cost 5.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Quick and dirty translation about the upcoming changes:
- New update will be called: "Courageous Vanguards":
QSZPS.jpg

- Level cap being up to 55 in the second half of January.
- "Endgame contents" called "Advance Quests" coming in February, it will be easier to acquire rare drops while using this new system
- Vita version coming in the second half of February with an update ~"Those walking together"
- New Story Quest, New Boss and new Premium Set features are planned for February and March
- Level cap up and a new field in April
- New quest difficulty in May
- Event to commemorate the first year of PSO2 in June

Level cap raise without new zone or difficulty introduction? Hmmmm!

I can only hope they increase MPA spawns or something alongside that. As if we really need even more power than we already have...

Loving the Dark Falz E. Quest. That quest has gotten me up 2 levels already, but the drops are not so good. Is there really anything good that he drops?

ezodagrom

Loving the Dark Falz E. Quest. That quest has gotten me up 2 levels already, but the drops are not so good. Is there really anything good that he drops?
Very Hard:
12* Rod - Psycho Wand
11* Launcher - Flame Visit
11* Wand - Elysion
11* Wired Lance - Falclaw
10* Rod - Elder Rod
10* Rifle - Elder Rifle

Hard and Very Hard:
9* Twin Daggers - Lambda Legzaga
9* Partisan - Lambda Raizenolk
7* Launcher - Lambda Saint Kilda

There could be more good drops, not sure if these are all.

I got a rod that I had to take to get identified but I can't use it since I'm a Ranger, and I can't sell for profit. I got it from Hard Dark Falz E Quest

I got a rod that I had to take to get identified but I can't use it since I'm a Ranger, and I can't sell for profit. I got it from Hard Dark Falz E Quest

Copy and paste the name? You can hit Ctrl+C while highlighting an item to copy its name into the clipboard.

Or take a screenshot of it and show us that.

Stubo

Is this game like the old PSO when you die you drop your current weapon and money on the ground?
Not even a little bit. You can't even voluntarily drop anything for other players to pick up, aside from healing items.

The only penalty from my experience is that if you return to the campship (if no-one revives you with a moon atomiser) then you cannot get an S rank for the mission.

VariantX

Is this game like the old PSO when you die you drop your current weapon and money on the ground?

Hell no. Too many problems with that old system.

1. You could die and lose connection to the servers before you make it back to where you died, weapon & mst gone forever.
2. Could be in a game and die, some random decides to help themselves to your loot, leaves game, weapon & mst gone for ever.
3. Someone joins game, uses hacking program and PK's you, takes your stuff and leaves game or kicks you from your own game, loot gone forever.

Spacebar

Not even a little bit. You can't even voluntarily drop anything for other players to pick up, aside from healing items.

The only penalty from my experience is that if you return to the campship (if no-one revives you with a moon atomiser) then you cannot get an S rank for the mission.

That is really disappointing. One thing I loved about the original PSO on dreamcast was the ability to trade via drop stand off and losing your weapon when you died.

It really made you earn peoples trust in the game and when someone screwed you over you blasted their them across the server in the lobby. lol

Stubo

That is really disappointing. One thing I loved about the original PSO on dreamcast was the ability to trade via drop stand off and losing your weapon when you died.

It really made you earn peoples trust in the game and when someone screwed you over you blasted their them across the server in the lobby. lol
You know those guys who'd wait for things to die/crates to explode and run and grab the red box drops? Those days are gone too. The drops that you see are your own, no-one else can pick them up, loot is unique for everyone in the session.

Things have changed a lot, but it makes it much easier to jump into games with randoms.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Me and my brother just started up today, any chance we can get invited into the neogaf team?
No problem, just PM me on Gaf or (better) Tweet me @Hasemo and I'll invite you. I'm in GMT+1 timezone though, but can invite you now if you're still online.

demonkaze

Thanks again for the invite to the Gaf Team, was a lot of fun doing those few quests. Really liking the game already, can see myself putting a lot of time into it!

Feel free to throw me a friend request too; I'm not in the NeoGAF team but would enjoy the company all the same (though let me know who you are first). My Player ID is StarCreator - don't add me by Character name because it's not unique!

Reknoc

Finally unlocked Desert, only had the game since OB started (lol). Thanks Keiician for the help, though I ended up A ranking on that run, so I did it again and managed to actually beat the boss by myself (and partners) haha.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Finally unlocked Desert, only had the game since OB started (lol). Thanks Keiician for the help, though I ended up A ranking on that run, so I did it again and managed to actually beat the boss by myself (and partners) haha.
Oh, sorry! I thought you've said that you got an S, so I logged out. :<

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
From g-heaven's twitter - according to Sakai, the 10* weapons that are going to drop more often in the "Advanced Q" added to PSO2 later this year will be new ones, not the current ones. Information comes from a chat during the Jump Festa.

Reknoc

I wish they would add some sort of Bestiary. Maybe something that updates as you kill a bunch of monsters. With images...

especially the images. Trying to make some sort of progress on the subclass quest but I don't know what exactly I'm hunting. Or they should just base quest goals on what I call the enemeis:

Armadillo thing
Dragon thing with tusk arms

Not sure what the other thing is... but I've killed 1 apparently.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I wish they would add some sort of Bestiary. Maybe something that updates as you kill a bunch of monsters. With images...

especially the images. Trying to make some sort of progress on the subclass quest but I don't know what exactly I'm hunting. Or they should just base quest goals on what I call the enemeis:

Armadillo thing
Dragon thing with tusk arms

Not sure what the other thing is... but I've killed 1 apparently.
You can use this guide - it has pictures of monsters you need to kill for COs.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Yea, I used that to find out the second thing I needed was tusky dragon thing, just not sure what the third thing is. Oh well, I'm sure I'll get it eventually like every CO I do.
Are you using the English patch? It translates the enemy names as well.

Reknoc

Are you using the English patch? It translates the enemy names as well.

Yup, I know it's called the Gilnas but not really sure where it is or what it looks like. I'm guessing it's probably the Desert since I wasn't there long enough to remember any of the enemies.

Yup, I know it's called the Gilnas but not really sure where it is or what it looks like. I'm guessing it's probably the Desert since I wasn't there long enough to remember any of the enemies.

Gilnas are the silver robots that break into three pieces once killed the first time. In Desert they only spawn as part of an E-trial.

Reknoc

Gilnas are the silver robots that break into three pieces once killed the first time. In Desert they only spawn as part of an E-trial.

Oh right those, shame I didn't get the quest sooner then, I've gone through a few of those guys already. Probably wont get the tusky dragons anytime soon since I'm pretty sick of V. Caves after being stuck in them for so long haha

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Looks like they've started sending out the Vita beta selection emails, I'm in!
Title of the mail is "&#12302;&#12501;&#12449;&#12531;&#12479;&#12471;&#12540;&#12473;&#12479;&#12540;&#12458;&#12531;&#12521;&#12452;&#12531;&#65298; &#12463;&#12525;&#12540;&#12474;&#12489;&#946;&#12486;&#12473;&#12488;&#12303;&#12372;&#24403;&#36984;&#12398;&#12362;&#30693;&#12425;&#12379;" and it contains a PSN code.

It will run from 15.01 to 26.01 (the dates can change).

Looks like they've started sending out the Vita beta selection emails, I'm in!
Title of the mail is "&#12302;&#12501;&#12449;&#12531;&#12479;&#12471;&#12540;&#12473;&#12479;&#12540;&#12458;&#12531;&#12521;&#12452;&#12531;&#65298; &#12463;&#12525;&#12540;&#12474;&#12489;&#946;&#12486;&#12473;&#12488;&#12303;&#12372;&#24403;&#36984;&#12398;&#12362;&#30693;&#12425;&#12379;" and it contains a PSN code.

It will run from 15.01 to 26.01 (the dates can change).

See you there!

iOjPYoEDz8W37.gif

EDIT: Are you guys doing ship 1 or 2?

Converting the times posted on bumped to EST for convenience:

Test #1: January 15th, 2013 @ 1:00 AM &#65374; 9:00 AM
Test #2: January 17th, 2013 @ 1:00 AM &#65374; 9:00 AM
Test #3: January 19th, 2013 @ 1:00 AM &#65374; 9:00 AM
Test #4: January 23rd, 2013 @ 1:00 AM &#65374; 9:00 AM
Test #5: January 25th, 2013 @ 1:00 AM &#65374; 9:00 AM
Test #6: January 26th, 2013 @ 1:00 AM &#65374; 9:00 AM

The post also says not to release screenshots or videos publicly.

Copy and paste the name? You can hit Ctrl+C while highlighting an item to copy its name into the clipboard.

Or take a screenshot of it and show us that.

Sure. Also sorry for the late response. Didn't see this thread or game so lively so i just up and left after a week.

Soooo...your juicy now o_O

A what now???
Also :D *squeezes Star*

Emergency Quests are limited-time missions that pop up at random. They start on the hour, with 15 minute notice. Most last half an hour, but the one that was up (Big Vardha, the boss of the Mines area) only lasts 15 minutes. It's best to head to a populated block corresponding to your difficulty level (5-8 for Hard, 9-12 for Very Hard IIRC) as soon as you hear the announcement that it's going to happen. Especially if Dark Falz is announced.

*is squeezed*

Top Bottom