• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Philadelphia street horrified as cockroaches invade

WX3

this thread

survivor1.gif
Can I get a hint about what this gif is referring to? Are the watching some gross shit or what?

Aske

Why are there no pictures in the source article? Why are there no pictures in this thread? I'd totes get some but I'm too busy being pretty and need a man to do it 😘

Jabronium

I'm super phobic about cockroaches... I would probably scream, pass out, and then move. Or just burn my house down.

now to leave this thread forever before someone posts pics

Same. Just the thought terrifies me beyond the capacity for rational thought.

I've seen this happen before, it's like flying ant day for cockroaches. Lots of dead cockroach bodies all over the sidewalk, GAF is lucky I can't post that mental image here.

Three things common in the South I despised during my time there:

• Fleas
  • Fire Ants
  • Roaches

Roaches were well and above the worst, and it was made worse by the Great Southern Denial (Not that one).

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
Is nobody else freaking out about what caused all the roaches to evacuate the safety of the sewers?

What lurks beneath!?

cr0w

Old Member
Back when I was exterminating, I had to treat a trailer that, when you entered, appeared to have a moving ceiling, walls and floor due to the sheer amount of roaches infesting it. When I was nuking it, I understood the term "roach rain", which I'd heard before and thought was hyperbole. It wasn't.

The sheer amount of roaches falling after being hit with the pesticide was quite literally identical to the sound of heavy rain hitting the roof. It was incredible.

Jenov

The choking hazard skeeves me out more about this gif than the cockroach.

Oh god can you imagine choking to death on a fucking cockroach during some stupid game show? Horrifying. Looks like the chick ate the thing whole, aghsgdhasjd

Aske

You guys realise its deepfried cicada and not a roach right?

Nani!? We both know these baka gaijin possess neither the entomological knowledge, nor sufficient understandingu of Nipponese culture, to tell the difference between a small brown cockroach-sized bug in a clear plastic tube, and a small brown cockroach in a clear plastic tube when presented with this gif; despite how obvious it is to erudite scholars of Japanese gameshow-insects such as ourselves, Ratrat-kun.

If this is from the episode I think it is, good choice.

Freaked me out when I first saw it, not because of potential killer roaches but at that point I had never heard of someone bursting a blood vessel and dying on the toilet so I remember worrying about straining for a few days lol.

Top Bottom