• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Photoshopped Ryse Shots from Xbox.com

Lol, photo mode compared to actual gameplay.

DriveClub is a better looking game:
Realistic Lighting (DC) vs Baked Lighting (F5)

Not even counting DriveClub has night and midday settings, also weather effects which Forza doesn't have.

DriveClub also has a much more impressive draw distance than Forza 5

Gameplay is no different. I've played it at E3! I'm not to sure about draw distance but Forza has a better framerate. Either way back on topic. Ryse looks great and the other image looks like it's having texture issues. The two shots could be two different builds.

Dukey

Banned

Not even counting DriveClub has night and midday settings, also weather effects which Forza doesn't have.

I can only assume you've decided to take this thread off the rails into console warrior territory because you're eventually going to bring it around to the reflections off the chariots in the Chariot Racing mini-game in Ryse. Right? You're not derailing for any other reason, right?

TrueGrime

The level of scrutiny that this game is receiving is absolutely ridiculous. I don't think I've seen a game (or system) judged so badly before its even released.

shandy706

Please pass your review copies of these two games on to me. I'm curious as to what comparable tracks you used for the draw distance comment.

Also, how do the two compare frame-rate wise? How about physics?

Look forward to your detailed on hands info.

The level of scrutiny that this game is receiving is absolutely ridiculous. I don't think I've seen a game (or system) judged so badly before its even released.

The single player aspect of this game looks interesting to me!! I'm just hoping there's more variety for the enemies. It's not a launch title for me but I will be checking this out.

watership

Just to make easy to people see where they edited the screenshot.

photoshoped.jpg

Those fucking monsters.

TrueGrime

The single player aspect of this game looks interesting to me!! I'm just hoping there's more variety for the enemies. It's not a launch title for me but I will be checking this out.

Agreed. Hopefully the story line will progress in different set of campaigns against different cultures the Romans have gone to war with and there's no shortage of that. :) The one thing that does concern me is how long the single player campaign will be. I'd like it to keep me occupied for awhile.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Gameplay is no different. I've played it at E3! I'm not to sure about draw distance but Forza has a better framerate. Either way back on topic. Ryse looks great and the other image looks like it's having texture issues. The two shots could be two different builds.
Yeah but Ridge Racer 7 had higher resolution & better framerate then any racer this gen & supported 3D, did that qualify it as even a contender for GT5/Froza 3/PGR3?

on topic, you would have thought MS would be better at photoshopping.

Yeah but Ridge Racer 7 had higher resolution & better framerate then any racer this gen & supported 3D, did that qualify it as even a contender for GT5/Froza 3/PGR3?

on topic, you would have thought MS would be better at photoshopping.

lol Ridge Racer.... Let's just toss Mario Kart 8 in there with it's 1080p 60fps!! Drive Club and Forza are more similar in nature than Ridge Racer.

Agreed. Hopefully the story line will progress in different set of campaigns against different cultures the Romans have gone to war with and there's no shortage of that. :) The one thing that does concern me is how long the single player campaign will be. I'd like it to keep me occupied for awhile.

Yeah I think they're holding back a lot of the story. I saw a dev diary and it had a female actor with a mo cap suit getting hauled away in a cage. Maybe they ripped his family away from him, revenge, etc. I'm hoping for a long campaign as well.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
lol Ridge Racer.... Let's just toss Mario Kart 8 in there with it's 1080p 60fps!! Drive Club and Forza are more similar in nature than Ridge Racer.
genre wise yes, on a technical level no.
is Ryse on Cryengine, because it like a different engine.

watership

Seriously, it's borderline embarassing to see a thread like this have so many replies.

It's crazy when positive news Xbox One threads sometimes never get above 2 pages.

Yet, it's actually fascinating, from a point of view of how the online game enthusiast community works. It was just the perfect storm of negative publicity. MS messaging screw up, unpopular features, hardware not as powerful as PS4 (yet still very powerful. it's all perspective), Kinect bundled, NSA leak featuring Microsoft prominently, and the current turn against the xbox and MS in the past year in general in this community. People love it when the mighty fall, and there is less love for MS than there has been for Nintendo and Sony who have been around longer.

It'll turn, around again, like it always does. But it has been very interesting.

TrueGrime

I think we know why . . . .

Lots of confirmation bias and piling-on in the console wars.

I knew what I was getting into when I applied for GAF many moons ago. I have a bias too and I think everyone does. However, my bias doesn't extend to trampling all over the system I don't prefer and its games. I'm a fan of the Xbox and the console war means nothing to me. I have no interest in the PS and don't really care on what it can do, what it can do better, the games, etc. I just like to focus on Xbox specific articles. Even if I have to wade through the bullshit in order to get opinions that are relevant to learning about the game, what people think about the game, what they don't like, what can be done better.

Edit: Let me correct myself. There -are- things that interest me when it comes to Sony and the PS. Especially when the game is multiplat and you want to see what people think of the game on both systems. To say I have no interest in the PS came out the wrong way.

daniels

Call me crazy but graphics are my least concern in a crytek game.. I get complaining about gameplay or art direction but graphics is one of the things crytek rarely gets wrong....

Bullshot and photoshop are pretty common in this industry. That's why screenshots are largely useless indicators of the way a game looks. (I mean, even video at this point is all suspect given the use of high powered PCs that don't reflect reality.)

But I'm not even sure this counts as an aggregious example.

kaiyo

Many photoshops are of similar if not worse quality. It's just that we rarely ever have the original image to compare it with so it almost always goes right by.

For example, did you notice the texture bug that was also edited out?

You must be right, because they ended up just removing the leather straps entirely.

It's not a texture bug, just another clipping from the armour plate below.

Cryoflar3

It's crazy when positive news Xbox One threads sometimes never get above 2 pages.

Yet, it's actually fascinating, from a point of view of how the online game enthusiast community works. It was just the perfect storm of negative publicity. MS messaging screw up, unpopular features, hardware not as powerful as PS4 (yet still very powerful. it's all perspective), Kinect bundled, NSA leak featuring Microsoft prominently, and the current turn against the xbox and MS in the past year in general in this community. People love it when the mighty fall, and there is less love for MS than there has been for Nintendo and Sony who have been around longer.

It'll turn, around again, like it always does. But it has been very interesting.
People starting to talk about Forza and Driveclub has helped fluff the page count.

PureGone

Banned
Please pass your review copies of these two games on to me. I'm curious as to what comparable tracks you used for the draw distance comment.

Also, how do the two compare frame-rate wise? How about physics?

Look forward to your detailed on hands info.

There are gameplay videos of both games avilable online where you can check the draw distance youself

The rest of info(No night and weather on Forza, Baked lighting in Forza etc etc) has been released by both developers themselves.

I can only assume you've decided to take this thread off the rails into console warrior territory because you're eventually going to bring it around to the reflections off the chariots in the Chariot Racing mini-game in Ryse. Right? You're not derailing for any other reason, right?

I'm derailing by saying DC is better than F5, but the guy i replied to who was saying F5 is better than DC by using Photo Mode pictures was not... classic fanboyism.

Top Bottom