• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pick an anime. Make a game. Read OP

Dynomutt

Spriggan.

Cel-Shaded Open-World cover shooter/close combat with RPG ability/armor/weapon (would not be overly complicated you can keep what you like!) enhancements. Oni meets MGS meets Destiny meets Infamous meets Phantom Dust.

Platinum
Sucker Punch
Crystal Dynamics
CyberConnect2

tumblr_n5489fLWeV1qzqnxxo1_500.gif

tumblr_ncrdzaOUy61soqybbo2_500.gif

tumblr_n547o2ZKUV1qzqnxxo1_500.gif

tumblr_n3y0joXmmw1r8oyaho1_500.gif

51BE7PCJ0EL.jpg

spriggan_dvd_cover.jpg

Linkark07

Banned
Ok,
Anime: Kill La Kill
Genre: Character Action like MGRevengeance
Developer: Platinum Games.

Post that to Kamiya Twitter. I would love to see his response.

BLOCKED

Ahem, my pick would be Drifters Musou.

Genre: action
Developer: Koei

Also Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion

Genre: RTS
Developer: Blizzard or Creative Studios

I mean, Lelouch treats the rebellion and the Britannia Empire as pieces of his chess board, so...

Col.Asher

Soul Eater.

An action RPG with character customization (you don't play as the main characters) of both meister and weapon.

Beartruck

Anime: Gurren Lagaan
Dev: Platinum

A series about over-the-top action made by a developer known for over-the-top action?

FLCL.

I'd have Platinum develop it as a hack-and-slash action like Bayonetta or Devil May Cry.

You'd fight all sorts of giant robots and weird body part monsters from space.

You could play either as Haruko with her bass guitar, or as Naoto, with whatever new weapon he pulls out of his forehead, giving a more chaotic way to play.

And, of course, The Pillows will do the soundtrack. Guitars everywhere.

The visual style will try to be as trippy and crazy as some of the best action scenes from the anime, and it'll try to maintain the humor of the show.

Anime: Dragonball GT
Genre: RPG/Action
System: Vita/3DS

I always thought it would make a good RPG. Starts off fairly open world with Goku/Trunks/Pan visiting planets in search of the Dragonballs. Becomes more linear as the story progresses into the Bebi arc and later Super 17/Evil Shenlong saga. Original Japanese score is a must, none of the mudane rock garbage from the English dub.

NoKisum

Just gonna through my collection of anime & manga and see what would be cool to see...

One Punch Man
Adventure
Telltale, Dontnod, or Quantic Dream

Negima
Action RPG
Namco (Tales team), Platinum, Falcom (Ys team), or Level-5

Love, Chuunibyou, and Other Delusions!
Adventure
Dontnod

Full Metal Panic
Action-Adventure/Stealth
Kojima Productions and/or From Software

Kill la Kill
Character Action
Platinum or Grasshopper Manufacture

Also Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion

Genre: RTS
Developer: Blizzard or Creative Studios

I mean, Lelouch treats the rebellion and the Britannia Empire as pieces of his chess board, so...

I don't think you know the show as quite as well as you think you do.

75% of what drove Code Geass was the fact that individuals DON'T act like chess pieces. Noone cared about the parts where Lelouch's Master-Plans went well (Except for certain HOLY SHIT ones) - The real drama was when all it took was a few snowflakes of insubordination to snowball into an avalanche.

Yoda

Psycho Pass

Action RPG (ala Deus Ex)

PC/<decent hardware console>

Not sure about which dev, maybe Edios if I could purge them of cancer (Square Enix).

Nauren

I'll go with

Anime: Soul Eater

Developer: Square Enix (or subsidiary) obviously.

Game Style: Hack and Slash a la Bayonetta/DMC (even though I'm not a huge fan of that play style)

Anime: Trigun
Genre: 3rd Person Shooter/Action
Developer: (Starting to sound like an echo chamber in here, but) Platinum

Basically, Vanquish but Trigun. Could have Vash, Wolfwood and Knives playable. It'd be awesome.

My pic would be Vinland Saga in the style of Shadow of Mordor. I would have chosen Neon Genesis Evangelion in a Persona style, but I am not so sure.

For those saying Berserk and FromSoftware I'd rahter the team behind Dragon's Dogma do it. That game already had some Berserk aesthetics and style behind it.

Thud

Hajime no Ippo
Story mode will include training, developing moves and at the end a match of each opponent.
A few different scenarios. Playing through Ippo's matches unlocks Takamura's scenario etc.

Matches are typically done in punch out style and feature animated cutscenes after completing it.

Ishmae1

Cowboy Bebop
RPG
Developed by Persona's dev team

The adventures of a group of down-on-their-luck bounty hunters and the wild characters they meet in the bounties they undertake. Deep character relationships and backstories are explored during the game, taking the player on a tour of the solar system and humanity's new homes beyond a decimated Earth.

Hajime no Ippo
Story mode will include training, developing moves and at the end a match of each opponent.
A few different scenarios. Playing through Ippo's matches unlocks Takamura's scenario etc.

Matches are typically done in punch out style and feature animated cutscenes after completing it.

I think we already got a simple version of this on the Wii. that game was ok.

_Ryo_

One Piece

Collab between either Square Enix and Level 5 or Atlus and level 5.

Open World, Single Player, TURN BASED RPG in the vein of Dragon Quest 8, entirely new cast OR based on the advetures of the White Beard pirates.

Jojo Bizzare Adventure

Made by Atlus and basically Persona but with Jojo characters. You have Stands that are like Personas and even have them based on Confident cards plus Jojo inspired Persona so this makes perfect sense.

I have a desire to see a video game cover some sort of 'Part 4.5' story, so this setup could work well towards that.

As somewhat cliché as it might seem though, something I would like is a Dragonball JRPG. Something similar to the basic premise presented in Dragonball Online, but with a lot more polish to it.

The reason I'd like this is that while Xenoverse is somewhat of a successor to Online - even reuses a bunch of the concepts - I feel it's actually hamstrung by its strict adherence to a fighting game formula. It works as a Dragonball Z title, but cannot scratch the earlier, Dragonball itch at all. Dream scenario would be something taking inspiration from Breath of the Wild, where there's a story structure but you can still decide which order you want to deal with it in, if at all (seven dragonballs, seven directions to choose from). Stick to a pre-Z scale, and I think you could balance the character growth well.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Anime: Saber Marionette J
Developer: Platinum Games or Tales of Series team
Genre: Harem Action RPG / Marionette Sim

You got a daily life aspect to the game making money to survive, go to events, interact with the townsfolk and unravel details of the world and do growth to the Marionette maiden systems. The action aspect would be fighting Garlant Marionette army and some missions that may require you to go out of town to gather materials and fight enemies to defend the city your party lives on. Some new monsters and marionettes can be created to be enemies and perhaps an entire new enemy faction. The ending of the game will depend on the affinity levels of each Marionette and if you have the 3 Marionettes in 100% you get the best ending of course.

Anime 2: Angel Beats!
Developer: Atlus
Genre: RPG

Just think Persona with Angel Beats! characters, music and story.

purpleturtle

Neo Member
I've got 2

1-
Tonkatsu DJ Agetaro
Rhythm/Adventure
Developed by Nana On-sha
Platform: Multiplatform

2-
Mushishi
Adventure
Developed by Millenium Kitchen
Platform: Multiplatform

SoldnerKei

Anime: Fairy Tail (up to the Tartaros Arc)
Genre: Fighting/Arena Multiplayer
Developer: Dimps

FT is guilty pleasure material at best, but it sure has a bunch of characters that could work on a fighting game, it doesn't have to be that technical to begin with, just make it like these Saint Seiya games that it's mostly fanservice with somewhat enjoyable gameplay at the side.

DMONKUMA

Toppa Tengen Gurram Langan: Galaxy Fighters

It's similiar to Vitural-On in terms of gameplay.

Made by Platinum.

I would love to see an Attack on Titan tactical-RPG, akin to Advance Wars. You could play as the humans or the Titans, and I would give bonus points for a two player versus mode where one person could play as the humans and another could play as the Titans.

I'd see this game being released on the Nintendo Switch, as you could easily make commands with the touch screen and hand off the console to the second player for their turn. Further bonus points for propping up the Switch in tabletop mode to watch you or your opponent's actions occur in spectacularly gory form (like the short attack scenes in newer Fire Emblem games).

IC5

Patlabor

Have a day by day structure, kind of like Persona games. You can take police calls or go train various things, or take vacation time, or do PR for the department, or do neighborhood watch, or take a larger case to crack, if available.
Large cases and individual calls can overlap and press you for time.
You have a department performance rating, which is affected by your performance and can affect budget for the labor division. Kinda like your SEED pay, in FF8.

Some police calls can lead you into larger cases, as well. Especially if you aren't able to complete the call right away or pick up some evidence, the case can become larger and/or stretch over some days. (and maybe sometimes you can't possibly complete a call by design and that's how the game makes sure you get on certain cases).
Certain things you do around the city can delay bad guy plans for future cases or even make your Job more difficult.
If you miss clues on certain calls, disasters/attacks can happen, which could have been preventable.

When a call comes in, you gotta load up and drive your labor to the scene. Traffic plays a part. Sometimes you can get gridlocked and may have to improvise. The game should have semi-dynamic dialogue and things the player can call back to HQ, to deal with stuff like that.

Not all calls are necessarily crime related.

Main combat can be a mix of Parasite Eve, Vagrant Story, and Front mission. So you gotta worry about fuel, ammo, integrity of parts--right limb, left leg, core engine, cockpit/pilot.
Semi-real time movement ala parasite eve and semi-strategic combat. Body part targeting like Vagrant story and front mission.

Not all combat is labor combat. And lots of stuff like clue following, neighborhood watch, or Kotor style talking, are on foot.

Before core combat, is a chase mode. Movement/AP points are not a factor. But you still have to worry about fuel and part integrity. Taking shots in chase mode is high risk, because misses can damage city areas and lower the rating of the department and your performance rating.

If you need more fuel, hopefully you called in a fuel truck for backup and hopefully they made it through traffic. Sometimes, you may find an opportunity to commandeer a farming/construction labor or even an enemy labor. Maybe you have to, due to fuel or traffic issues. Really nasty enemies can damage your fuel and hauling rigs.

Sometimes, they can get away. And that's just the way it is. However, it would be cool if potentially every perp can be found and busted. If you are out on the right days and happen to get on the trail of someone who got away. Mismanaged cases can come back to bite. Genetic freaks escape from under city research facility and terrorize city. If you don't mop 'em all up, one might come back a week or two later, Labor sized, and require a lot more effort to takedown! Not to mention, your division rating is on the line!!!
What if that labor sized freak shows up, while you are chasing a criminal labor?!?!?!

But you have to be careful about how you manage your days and your case load.
Story segments will happen, to change some dynamics or add variety. New characters joining the division. Opportunities for side quests outside the city. Things like that.

I guess Keiji Inafune would be a good director. He is a good fit for the personality and flavor of patlabor. And maybe he could contract with SEGA or Squeenix or something, to get the budget and the right team to handle the scale of the game and get mechanics right.

Philippo

Anime: My Hero Academia
Genre: Turn-based/Action RPG, Social Sim
Developer: Atlus
Basically Persona with Quirks instead of Personas. Handle school, hero training, missions of various kinds, social relationships, pick the best suited teammates for missions, maybe even a character creator with Quirks.

Anime: Hajime no Ippo
Genre: Boxing/Fighting game
Developer: CC2
Make it both a deep fighting game (L1/L2 and R1/R2 are Left/Right arms, various attacks depending on the boxer, straights hit health while jabs hit stamina) with a stellar scripted campaign ala NUNS.

Anime: Code Geass
Genre: S-RPG
Developer: Square Enix
Basically FFT/Tactics Ogre, with branching storylines for Lelouch/Suzaku. Hell, take Matsuno on board.

Apathy

Trigun, make a good actin game (like DMC)

Hellsing

A complete and utterly ridiculous power fantasy hack'n'slash/slasher as Alucard would be the best thing ever for me when it comes to 'anime games' - which usually suck, with few exceptions of course.

Blood sucking, shooting, conjuring, punching and ripping to shreds nazi vampires and crazy crusaders in a destroyed London? Fuck yeah.

g1HN3Ns.gif

Whenever I think of Hellsing, as well as Trigun as anime's, Gungrave comes to mind.

--

Cowboy Bebop would make for an awesome 3rd person shooter with driving/space flight elements where you're hunting down bounties

Tiechie

Neo Member
Anime - One piece

Genre - RPG(Turn based)

Developer - Square Enix

Basically just Dragon Quest 8 with a one piece skin with final fantasy 10s in battle party switch out system. Starts at the very beginning of the anime. Each island would be a big open world area that you can fully explore, with sea battles in between.

Anime - Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
Genre - Tomb Raider (like the old ones, exploration, puzzle solving, some rpg elements maybe)
Developer - Not sure who'd do justice to it

Anime - Mononoke hime
Genre - RPG (similar to Breath of the Wild)
Developer - Nintendo

I totally get the Berserk/From comparisons since they are both dark, but the gameplay not completely. Guts often faces and dominates multiple enemies, Souls is more of an any enemy can kill you type of game. I would fear never feeling as powerful as Guts in a Souls like game.

Zeta Oni

I totally get the Berserk/From comparisons since they are both dark, but the gameplay not completely. Guts often faces and dominates multiple enemies, Souls is more of an any enemy can kill you type of game. I would fear never feeling as powerful as Guts in a Souls like game.

FROM actually has made something closer to what your saying Berserk should be going for:

I agree with this. As much as I love Souls gameplay, I don't think their gameplay would work in a Berserk game.

Top Bottom