• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pick an anime. Make a game. Read OP

silva1991

Code Geass almost Persona style since school life is part of the first season iirc.

half of teh game is teh school life sim and the other half(where the combat and battles is) should be like Xenoblade Chronicles X:

15_500_by_mcmemie-d8gvqsa.gif

With cel shaded visuals of course

It's gonna be epic if they nail it.

Not an anime but I'm gonna put it here anyway, I want a Venture Brothers game and you just play as Brock Samson...that's it. Just let me be Brock Samson.

I would kill for a horror / adventure Shin Sekai Yori game. The world and lore is perfect for that type of video game.

Not sure who would be a good dev.

RedSwirl

To the OP, Yu Yu might make more sense as a Persona-style RPG with a bit of a harder edge. Maintain school/slice-of-life elements.

Ghost in the Shell
Tactical Shooter/Adventure Game
Think a mash-up of early Rainbow SIx and some detective puzzle stuff in-between
Consoles/PC
No idea who would develop. Ubisoft?

Ghost in the Shell (again)
Turn-based tactical RPG/Adventure Game
Ace Attorney visual novel elements mixed with SRPG-style missions
PC/Switch/Mobile
Maybe NIS to develop?

Gundam (any Gundam, maybe even any mecha)
Shooter, either 1st or 3rd person.
Focus on large-scale battles with tons of units fighting each other. Combat patterned a bit after Zone of the Enders 2 with modern shooter elements. Maybe seamless switch between on-foot and piloting suits. Onlien multiplayer.
PC/Consoles
Either DICE or Bohemia Interactive. DICE would make a prettier and more stable game but BI would make more ambitious gameplay.

Patlabor

Have a day by day structure, kind of like Persona games. You can take police calls or go train various things, or take vacation time, or do PR for the department, or do neighborhood watch, or take a larger case to crack, if available.
Large cases and individual calls can overlap and press you for time.
You have a department performance rating, which is affected by your performance and can affect budget for the labor division. Kinda like your SEED pay, in FF8.

Some police calls can lead you into larger cases, as well. Especially if you aren't able to complete the call right away or pick up some evidence, the case can become larger and/or stretch over some days. (and maybe sometimes you can't possibly complete a call by design and that's how the game makes sure you get on certain cases).
Certain things you do around the city can delay bad guy plans for future cases or even make your Job more difficult.
If you miss clues on certain calls, disasters/attacks can happen, which could have been preventable.

When a call comes in, you gotta load up and drive your labor to the scene. Traffic plays a part. Sometimes you can get gridlocked and may have to improvise. The game should have semi-dynamic dialogue and things the player can call back to HQ, to deal with stuff like that.

Not all calls are necessarily crime related.

Main combat can be a mix of Parasite Eve, Vagrant Story, and Front mission. So you gotta worry about fuel, ammo, integrity of parts--right limb, left leg, core engine, cockpit/pilot.
Semi-real time movement ala parasite eve and semi-strategic combat. Body part targeting like Vagrant story and front mission.

Not all combat is labor combat. And lots of stuff like clue following, neighborhood watch, or Kotor style talking, are on foot.

Before core combat, is a chase mode. Movement/AP points are not a factor. But you still have to worry about fuel and part integrity. Taking shots in chase mode is high risk, because misses can damage city areas and lower the rating of the department and your performance rating.

If you need more fuel, hopefully you called in a fuel truck for backup and hopefully they made it through traffic. Sometimes, you may find an opportunity to commandeer a farming/construction labor or even an enemy labor. Maybe you have to, due to fuel or traffic issues. Really nasty enemies can damage your fuel and hauling rigs.

Sometimes, they can get away. And that's just the way it is. However, it would be cool if potentially every perp can be found and busted. If you are out on the right days and happen to get on the trail of someone who got away. Mismanaged cases can come back to bite. Genetic freaks escape from under city research facility and terrorize city. If you don't mop 'em all up, one might come back a week or two later, Labor sized, and require a lot more effort to takedown! Not to mention, your division rating is on the line!!!
What if that labor sized freak shows up, while you are chasing a criminal labor?!?!?!

But you have to be careful about how you manage your days and your case load.
Story segments will happen, to change some dynamics or add variety. New characters joining the division. Opportunities for side quests outside the city. Things like that.

I guess Keiji Inafune would be a good director. He is a good fit for the personality and flavor of patlabor. And maybe he could contract with SEGA or Squeenix or something, to get the budget and the right team to handle the scale of the game and get mechanics right.

Shit. That's what I was thinking but probably way more elaborate.

levyjl1988

Banned
Hunter X Hunter
Action Adventure Open World
Third Person would be really exciting.
I love the anime full of adventure!

Also perhaps Kiki's Delivery Service where you deliver packages as a fetch quest and explore the city.
Third person.

Cowboy Bebop by Platinum.

Stylish beat em up combat with some third person shooting, interspersed with story bits, space combat, and chiller pacing sections. It's level based (obviously each level is called a "session") and has bosses from the show like Vicious and Mad Pierrot. Got a sweet jazzy soundtrack pulled right from the show too.

Failing that, the Persona devs could probably do something cool with it since they'd definitely be able to capture the style and narrative aspects (maybe even better than Platinum).

NahaNago

• vash the stampede opern world rpg
  • gantz would have stage clearing a bit like dragon quest heroes but with less mob enemies

RedSwirl

It's hard to say how something like Cowboy Bebop might be done. There are probably lots of options.

Many would probably want an open-world type of game where you freely fly The Bebop between places in the solar system. Maybe different jobs could show up in the form of quests that you either encounter or show up whenever you check Big Shot. The major ones could play out like sessions -- full episodes from the show. The action gameplay would have to meld melee (Spike), on-foot shooting, and air combat.

It's hard to say what developer could do all that though. The writing would be the most important part to nail, though it would be best to just get the original writers. Rockstar and CDProjekt would be best at capturing the themed open world and writing good missions, maybe Obsidian too if it can just get the game running well. I guess Kojima has proved himself in terms of open-world action gameplay too, but you'd really have to get someone else to actually write the game. Rocksteady could probably handle all this too if it can deal with the shift in scale that comes with space traversal.

Zeta Oni

Ghost in the Shell
Tactical Shooter/Adventure Game
Think a mash-up of early Rainbow SIx and some detective puzzle stuff in-between
Consoles/PC
No idea who would develop. Ubisoft?

You know what they say about great minds.....

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Multi-Platform
Tactical Shooter/RPG
Eidos Montréal

Think Splinter Cell meets Deus Ex, with the ability to control a squad Rainbow Six 3 style.

RedSwirl

Honestly, it would probably make more sense if someone just made a space game that was like Bebop rather than Bebop itself.

I always hoped one of the Mass Effect game would end up with a harder edge where you play as some space underworld lowlife instead of a hero who keeps saving the galaxy. Closest we have to that are sandbox games like Elite that don't have structured storylines.

Naruto
Open world RPG (I am talking character Creator and everything, filler could be used for optional side quests or something).
Bethesda and From Software (weird combo, but I'd want the best from both).

Cornbread78

Fullmetal Alchemist
Action/Adventure
Naughty Dog

Future Diary
Interactive Drama
Quantic Dreams or Telltale Games
Anime: Fairy Tail
Genre: Action RPG
Developer: Bandai Namco

Sign me the fu(k up for these!

Also add:

Eureka 7
Action/Adventure/Mecha
Guerilla Games

Log Horizon
Turn-based/RPG/MMO on and offline)
Level-5

Moribito
Action RPG (story/Character driven)
Naughty Dog

Blue Exorcist
Strategy/action RPG hybrid
Nippon Ichi

Ok,
Anime: Kill La Kill
Genre: Character Action like MGRevengeance
Developer: Platinum Games.

Anime: Kobayashi san chi no Maid Dragon
Genre: Turn-based RPG. The plot is:
evil dragons are secretly invading the city and it's up to Tohru and its group of rag-tag buddies to get rid of them. Like Akiba's Trip but with dragons instead of vampires
Developer: Atlus
Both of these are great suggestions. I started watching Dragon Maid a bit ago (got the wife into it, too) and this pairing is pretty danged spot on.
Also Tohru is adorable, to me, for some reason

Keijo!!!!!!!!
-Dev: Team Ninja
-Sports/Sim
-PS4
And this. Watching Keijo!!!!!!! I kept thinking "dammit, why didn't this get made into a DOAX spinoff." Then we got the costumes.

I always felt like Legend of Lemnear could have been made into a Valis clone or something.

Though, to be honest:
Anime/manga series: Devil Hunter Yohko
Developer: Platinum or Omega Force
Style: Action/Musou Action

Use the engine from Guilty Gear Xrd. Maybe at some point let it adopt the 3-character switching from Musou Orochi to switch between whoever you want. There's also the time mechanic from the same game that would work well, considering the series.

Get Gaku Miyao to do some new characters for it. Hell, mix in the crew from Kazan for a sort of "Gaku Crossover" for the game to pad the roister and add some variety.

One Piece fighting game by arcsys for ps4/xbone
I feel like arcsys games have so much attention to detail, in a game like xrd no two characters play the same. They'd do the One Piece characters justice with each of them having unique and interesting playstyles. I really started wanting this after seeing what they did with Persona 4 Arena. I feel like that game was designed as a perfect balance to appeal to both fans of the series its based on and fans of fighting games. They didn't sacrifice anything in either direction like you'd see with other licensed games where the actual gameplay might not be up to par. So them doing that, but with one piece, has kinda been my dream game for a few years.

Flintty

A Sword Art Online dungeon crawler (like Diablo 3) with the tower level and dungeon system being your progression through difficulties. MMO elements or couch coop essential. Looooot!

Moose Biscuits

It would be extreamly painful...
Everyone posts, nobody reads.

No matter. I want a game based on VOTOMS. Third person combat on foot with high speed mecha action once in a Scopedog.

votoms.jpg

Made by the guys who did Lost Planet 2 since that had a good mix of on foot combat and robot piloting, or alternatively the guys who did the PS2 VOTOMS game just make that game again and release it in the West damn it re release it DAMN IT

Sölf

Arslan Senki, Tactical RPG, Nintendo Switch, Intelligent System.

It's basically Fire Emblem the Anime anyways. xD

RedSwirl

Everyone posts, nobody reads.

No matter. I want a game based on VOTOMS. Third person combat on foot with high speed mecha action once in a Scopedog.

votoms.jpg

Made by the guys who did Lost Planet 2 since that had a good mix of on foot combat and robot piloting, or alternatively the guys who did the PS2 VOTOMS game just make that game again and release it in the West damn it re release it DAMN IT

How is VOTOMS compared to other 80's war anime?

Osukaa

Berserk - Capcom - For some reason I think they could do great things with this franchise. I'd put the DMC Team on it and just let them go wild.

One Piece - Square Enix - I want an RPG done by the Dragon Quest Team. Full on RPG about ships, pirates, islands and exploration which I feel Dragon Quest has done a great job at some of these things in past games. Also Im open to them changing what they need to do and go full on Devil Fruits Craziness. I want a new story with the awesome locations plus new ones that don't just retell what has already been done in the anime.

Mob 100 - Atlus - This is game of the year material if they keep the same art style and the focus on daily life making friends that Persona does an awesome job with already. Have him go around exorcising ghosts and whatnot. Im thinking it may have to be a Hybrid action RPG type game but willing to let them decide what suits it best.

Gundam - Fighting game/whatever they want - Arcsystems - All those Gundam models would be really cool with the 3d/2d Hybrid Engine that they use. Whatever they come up with would be awesome.

Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash - Platinum Games - Put the Scalebound Team on this one and I think it would be something special.

Bonus - ANY J-STUDIO - Ranma 1/2 - I just wanna see this series come back in anyform =P

Prison School
Nintendo Switch
Telltale Games

No right answers, just an ever expanding web of catastrophe innuendo and pay dirt.

TZchassis

I wanted a princess mononoke game but BOTW is so close to it that it's almost pointless to ask for one now.

So instead I want a Spirited Away game but I have no idea what the gameplay would look like

Squire

Banned
Shokugeki no Soma! (Food Wars)

Genre: 2D/Anime Fighter
Developer: Arc System Works
Platforms: PS4/XBO/Steam

I just started watching the show this week. I haven't really been into any shounen series since I was a kid (I was pretty exhausted once DBZ finished), but I love the intensity of the show and how in-depth the recipes are. I think you could take that abdvthe different quirks if the characters and come up with some really cool fighting styles and moves.

Anime: One Punch Man
Genre: Hack and Slash/Musou
Gameplay: Pick a number of characters from all ranks of the Hero Association, up to five. Fight through stages of increasing numbers and difficulty. As your weaker heroes are defeated, a hero from the upper rank arrives and you continue to play. When you've exhausted all heroes, ranks C to S, you Saitama arrives and you can play as him and beat the level. You can't lose the game. You get a higher score with good use of the other heroes or beating the level without using Saitama.

Anime: Seven Deadly Sins
Genre: Arena Brawler/Fighter
Gameplay: An arena brawler with a large scale level not unlike the latest Dragon Ball Z games, with a focus on verticality. Combat is quick and unpredictable with a ton of buffs and debuffs which represent the general magic and "power of love" in the series. The vertical combat allows for the Giant characters and flying character to be around and fight fairly.

Anime: Air Gear
Genre: Open World/Action/Sports
Developer: Platinum
Gameplay: Game is split into the 6 combat classes described in the series basically, with the basic level being a simple race to the highest level being a open world "capture the flag" game. Combat is quick and responsive. Regalia functions as a "modifier" and has different abilities that help with gameplay. It could have RPG elements in which you create a rider and choose your road. Progress enough and you'd become a King/Queen and get a Regalia, which you'd also be able to customize.

Anime: Hunter X Hunter
Genre: RPG/Action
Gameplay: Pretty big open world game. Think BotW meets Dragon's Dogma. Lots of different locals from cities to forests. I think following the story would be the best bet and you could just unlock characters to run around in the world. Liberties will be taken of course. You could meet the strong characters at anytime in the game, so be careful not to fight them before you are ready. Nen battles will be complex and, just like the series, have a bit of strategy involved. Running in half cocked will lead to a quick loss, no matter what you're level is.

Anime: One Piece
Genre: RPG/Action
Gameplay: Create a pirate or marine. Choose your focus, martial arts, devil fruits, swords, etc. Set out alone and find a crew. If you're a pirate, your crew can be comprised of NPCs or other player characters from online, somewhat like Pawns in Dragon's Dogma. Sail the seas, explore the world, pillage, etc. If you manage to sail pass Paradise, you've beaten the game. New World is New Game + and a more difficult level.

Anime: Boku no Hero Academia
Genre: RPG/Action/Fighter
Gameplay:...I can't think of something that would fit with this. Create a character would be hard due to the high number of quirk possibilities. My idea basically gives the player character a quirk that is a mix of "All for One" and "Copy", where, somehow, they can permanently copy a single quirk from the series and use that to go through the game. Otherwise, as the kids say, it'd be a Persona type game, where you'd pick a character and go through the game as them and basically do school things like in the series. You could go into the city, inadvertently run into villains, use your quirk unlawfully and try to not get caught. Take the physical test from the series.

zeemumu

One Punch Man

Character Action

Platinum

You're playing as Genos. Saitama is a super/devil trigger/Umbran Climax/Ripper Mode

One Punch Man
Telltale game

Or an EDF style game where you have different monsters coming in at different threat levels and you play as Genos but then Saitama is like your super finisher.

Edit; holy shit dude what are the odds 😂😂😂

Nichijou

mioflipyuko.gif

By Nagoshi's Yakuza Team

Slice-of-life sidemissions with random fights in a series is disparate, random chapters

The scene with Mio beating up everyone/everything that picks up the boys love manga she drew would play out like the street brawls in the Yakuza/Ryu ga Gotoku games

Play as different characters (binary domain-style segments with that weapon student who always shoots the aloof gentlemanly student, Igo Soccer minigames, etc.)

intertwining professor and Nano storyline

unlockable principle vs. deer battle

devilman lady

ps4, xbox one, and pc

Third person action adventure

developer: platinum game

The story would lean more towards the anime story but certain things would change like some of the plot points, add a few characters, etc. Gameplay wise, you can shred monsters up, turn giga at certain story points.

Top Bottom