• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pick an anime. Make a game. Read OP

sonicmj1

Rockstar Presents:
Ping Pong

Play as Akuma, a freshman at a high school known for its strong ping pong team, with a strong desire to prove himself. Explore your school and town, and meet interesting characters. Practice with your teammates, improve your skills, and study your opponents to exploit their weaknesses. Don't mess up, or you might get kicked off the team!

Play lovingly-simulated ping pong matches against opponents with different strategies. Exploit your rival's tendencies to wear them down and get your revenge. Get blown out by better players who are more naturally talented than you will ever be no matter how hard you struggle to improve.

Why did you put so much effort into Ping Pong? Maybe it isn't for you. Not everyone is destined to be a ping pong champion. Perhaps you should go to the beach instead.

Soma

Spe27U3.jpg

BLAME!
Developer: From Software
Genre: Action/Adventure/Exploration

Basically the Sci-Fi Dark Souls I've always wanted but will probably never get. The cold, isolated atmosphere of the Dark Souls games would be a perfect fit for exploring the Megastructure of BLAME!. I'd imagine there'd be less of a focus on combat but more emphasis on Killy's exploration and meeting the different tribes and slowly discovering more about the Megastructure itself along the way. I feel like the artists at From would be an amazing fit for this type of setting.

Mephala

oy2rZx5.jpg

Anime:Fullmetal Alchemist
Genre: RPG (everything is an RPG any way)
Developers: Platinum & Capcom combo
Both exceptional developers with their own styles and takes on combat. I think it could be great to have them share ideas and work to each other's strengths. For this example I'll just ignore politics and conflict that always happens. :D

I got this idea when playing The Legend of Korra and using Korra's earth bending reminds me of alchemy which changes the earth or stone.
YB8aIX1.gif

wsY1izh.gif

Mean while. Capcom's Monster Hunter series does some really cool things on the enemy side. The designs are impeccable. Their weapons are also pretty clever and the combat is of course weighty and satisfying. Most importantly they have the experience with the gameplay and multiplayer stuff.

Combat
-Your character is an alchemist however you can compliment your powers with other fighting techniques, weapons or firearms. Grow and train what you like. There are no classes. It is up to you to use what fits the quests best.
-Enemies can be chimaera, living objects (things with a human or beast's soul bound to it) or other things.

Single Player
-Single player adventure with new story that runs parallel to anime series so you can help out FMA characters but also have a lot of new content within the same world.
-As you meet knew people you can learn/train new alchemy techniques or fighting abilities or automail parts.

Multiplayer
-You can form parties and do missions. This works in a similar fashion to Monster Hunter or Phantasy Star Online. You band together and try to gather the materials, deliver the goods or defeat the enemies/bosses. Loot drops and rewards etc.
-Duels, 1v1, 2v2 arena based combat with a small selection of maps.
-Challenge missions might be a previous boss with extra abilities or limitless alchemy due to obtaining a philospher's stone.

TLDR
Modernised PSO style game in a FMA skin that takes the best from Platinum and Capcom's games.

Lakuza

One Piece
System: high end multi-platform (home consoles and pc)
Genre: Semi-open world action rpg.

By semi open world, I mean more like old school final fantasy games and rpgs where you directed to the next city but can explore previously visited areas and areas close to the "next" city with later areas locked off. In this case you would go to island to island following the story of one piece starting from the very beginninng.

The seas would be explorable by ship and as you get crew mates and level them up the capabilities of exploration and battles (ship battles) improve. Each party (crew) member introduce new mechanics. Robin joining the crew means being able to find rare artifacts and poneglyphs. Franky can create ship upgrades to assist in battle if you find him rare cola bottles etc.

Boss battles would be well designed set pieces and not just a reskinned mob with more hp. Something like god of war, kingdom hearts where they are a big deal and milestone.

Psycho Pass
System: high end multi-platform (home consoles and pc)
Genre: Third person Adventure

Story driven adventure game where you examine crime scenes and advance the investigations (like heavy rain or old school point and click games) but with a lot of action moments like chasing the suspect and big shootouts using the dominator (loads of mechs running crazy for example).

The hub is the police department where you can talk to the others and get them to trust you more and learn more about them (persona, mass effect, dragon age style).

During missions you can select which enforcer's assist you and each have their own advantages. Follows the main story (season 1 atleast) and have brand new crimes to solve in between them too.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure as a arcade racing game. The main bad guy is Wheel of Fortune with the Requeim arrow whose trap Jojo characters thru space and time with his empowered stand. The cars are based on characters stands/abilities.

A Mazinger giant robot open-world game. You go around a mammoth area solving problems and fighting giant robot baddies. For some missions, you actually gotta leave Mazinger and do stuff on foot. Story is pretty light-70s style; focus would be gameplay.

Edit: developer... idk, Platinum maybe.

e9ce_4548.jpg

Anime: Tenjou Tenge
Genre: Fighter
Developer: Arc System Works/Aksys or CyberConnect 2
System: Current Gen Multiplatform and PC

I recently got into the anime/manga and it would be prime for a fighting game of some sort. It is street brawling/martial arts mixed with some supernatural elements and powers.

mrlion

Name: Sword Art Online
Genre: MMO
System: VR Exclusive
Developer: This is a tough one. I would say Blizzard but its not really their style but they are more than capable of making something like that. An eastern dev would be cool but they tend to go more toward the free to play model which is fine but doesn't really fit this universe well.

Need I say more?

Anime: Neon Genesis Evangelion
Genre: Multiplayer 3rd Person Action Game
Developer: Hideki Kamiya

This is basically an arcade game. There is no real story. This is a game where Evangelion is defined as an anime where groups of 3 kids in building size robo monsters fight other monsters (sometimes other robo monsters) inside a fake city filled with "skyscrapers" that are actually lockers housing like 100 ft long shotguns and laser swords. They are coached by people with unique abilities and approaches.

Should play like team Virtual-On with insane destruction. Every stage has to be able to be reduced to a crater, and once cratered it's revealed the crater is sitting on top of an underground building that they can fight in too. It has like 100 floors and ends in a giant arena basement with a chained monster and a lance weapon. You lose if the enemies can free the monster or they kill your whole squad.

In the show, it's pretty much just your team doing boss fights but I'd add more robo monsters that are like the player.

Evangelion games have been made before but all of them somehow forget that half of every episode is straight up melee and cover shooting fight so there's at least one obvious genre of game to make from it. So far Japan has made a rhythm game and a dating sims...

Spoo

Maybe Vampire Hunter D.

Open world game from From Soft. Each area you have to take down a strong vampire creature which involves a castle or dungeon infiltration, with awesome bosses. Can do it in any order.

(avoiding picking the obvious Berserk)

Anime: One Piece

Genre: MMORPG

Three factions would be Pirates, Marines, and Bounty Hunters

Numerous islands to explore with tons of treasure and lairs throughout the world. Build and customize your own ship and flag. Battles both on land and at sea.

Not sure who'd develop the game, but I think a One Piece MMO would be amazing.

Nosgoroth

Anime: Hyouka
Developer: Capcom / Takumi Shu / AA team
Game: Ace Attorney-style get a case presented to you, investigate and then solve it in a logic battle against key characters.

T-Rex.

Banned
Nier Automata is my favourite game ever, so gimme a Kara no Kyoukai game with Platinum developing. Just have it play it similar to Automata.

7roject28

Naruto
MMORPG

That game is perfect for a MMORPG. It has a world with locations and cities that can serve as hubs. Different types of classes, healer, close combat, range combat, tanks. Individual ranks and mission ranks. It already has a story with a ton of characters that can be bosses.

Anime: Fairy Tail
Genre: Action RPG
Developer: Bandai Namco

Anime: Tiger Mask
Genre: Fighting
Developer: Bandai Namco

Anime: Tomato-man
Genre: Platformer
Developer: Capcom

Ogodei

I once drew up an elaborate plan for a One Piece SRPG (mostly bolting One Piece from Romance Dawn through Skypiea on top of Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance).

It works for One Piece the same way Musou works for OP, a show that revolves around a lot of fodder-tier goons and a few boss villains, similar to Fire Emblem (though FE throws around a few fairly powerful goons in the mix). Luffy in a leader class (boosts to several stat growths), Zoro in a Power class, Nami in an Intellect (Sp Atk) class, Usopp in a Skill (Accuracy) class, Sanji in a Move (bonus to movement per turn) class, Chopper in a Devil Fruit (bonuses in multiple stats depending on the unit, but transformation time is limited and you get weaknesses) class, and Robin in an Assassin (Speed and Accuracy) class.

Later i went as far as the timeskip and envisioned Franky in a Defense class and Brook as another Devil Fruit type, so not all in-universe DF users would be in the DF class, just the weirder ones, or whenever it would fit for game balance.

Aside from the Straw Hats, there would also be a Medic class (with healing skill and Sp Def attribute), a Fishman class (with water mobility but added weaknesses), and a Mounted class (for even more mobility but added weakness to ranged attacks).

It was a neat idea because then you could figure out how all of the various allies and enemies fit into the classes, who the boss of each chapter would be, etc.

Edit: probably have Sega develop it, honestly. What team did VC?

petran79

Banned
Gunslinger Girl

By Hitman developers.Except that you can switch between girls and instructors, co-op mode too,to foil terrorist attacks.
Pick different teams with different abilities with plenty of weapons,disguises and strategy.

Alien 9

By Jet Set Radio team.
Collect aliens inside a school with a more adult sci-fi twist and teen angst.

Charcoal Feather Federation

Point and Click Adventure by Daedalic Entertainent, with Y.Abe as character designer.

Black Lagoon action game by Hideo Kojima. He made the greatest TPS of all time, so he and his team can bring Revy to life. Space Battleship Yamato game from the team behind the original Mass Effect.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Digimon Musou by Tecmo-Koei

Plot focuses on the kids from Adventure, 02, and Tamers (the three most popular series) trapped in a world where they must work together to fight their greatest foes again, battling the likes of Devimon, Arukenimon and Mummymon, and the Devas plus their armies of virus-infected Digimon in order to escape back to their own realities. Mostly the scenario mode would you have you relive events from the shows, but with different Digimon, and such---like what a lot of Musou titles do. You'd have characters from the other series as well appearing as playable, but with less focus in the story mode and less characters per series.

Gameplay is simple Musou, but instead of string-combos like usual it'd go for a simpler set-up with each Digimon having a basic melee combo, as well as two special attacks, a guard, and a jump. Throw in a basic RPS-system based on the Virus/Data/Vaccine relationship and you're golden. The Appmon would make an appearance as collectible items, which can they equip to the playable Digimon and grant them useful abilities. Otherwise it's typical Musou, go around a map completing objectives while plowing through enemies.

The biggest gimmick would of course be Digivolution, with the majority of the cast starting as one Digimon but by filling up a Digivolution bar could transform into another form for a limited time. Here's my idea for the roster, mainly focused on Adventure, 02, and Tamers...

Adventure Digimon have a linear transformation, beginning as Champion and changing to Mega---they then could stay in that form till the bar runs out, or unleash a screen-clearing move to revert back.
*Tai and Greymon -> Wargreymon
*Matt and Garurumon -> Metalgarurumon
*Sora and Birdramon -> Hououmon
*Izzy and Tentomon -> HerculesKabuterimon
*Mimi and Togemon -> Rosemon
*Joe and Ikkakumon -> Vikemon
*T.K. and Angemon -> Seraphimon
*Hikari and Gatomon -> Ofanimon

*Tai and Matt + Omnimon: A secret character, he's very powerful. When his bar fills he can unleash a screen-clearing move.

Adventure 02 Digimon can switch between their Armor forms whenever they want. Though they aren't as strong as the Mega Adventure Digimon, they make up for it with more versatility. When their bar fills they DNA Digivolve and perform a screen-clearing move.
*Davis and Flamedramon <-> Raidramon (DNA Paildramon)
*Yolei and Halsemon <-> Shurimon (DNA Silphymon)
*Cody and Digmon <-> Submarimon (DNA Shakkokumon)

*Davis and Ken + Imperialdramon Dragon Mode <-> Fighter Mode: A secret character, he can freely switch between modes at his choosing. When his bar fills he turns into Imperialdramon Paladin Mode and unleashes a screen-clearing move.

Tamer Digimon begin as weaker Rookie Digimon and can only evolve into Champion Digimon when their bar fills, but then they stay as such. Each fight you can also select four Digimon Cards (each Tamer Digimon has their own selection which increases as you play) as their load-out granting them unique powers. If you fill the bar a second time they can then unleash a very powerful screen-clearing move as a Mega, and then revert back to Rookie.

*Takato and Guilmon -> Growlmon (Gallantmon)
*Henry and Terriermon -> Gargomon (MegaGargomon)
*Rika and Renamon -> Kyuubimon (Sakuyamon)

*Beelzemon -> Beelzemon Blast Mode: A secret character, he can't use cards but instead can either run on foot or ride on his motorcycle Behemoth, his choice, which alters his moves. When his bar fills up he turns into Blast Mode, making him even stronger and granting him flight, and will revert back when the bar empties or he uses a screen-clearing move.

Frontier Digimon begin as their Human Spirits and can transform into their Beast Spirits at any time, but will automatically revert back if their bar drops to zero as they burn through the energy quickly. Beast Spirits are extremely fast and powerful, but quickly eat up energy and will lose health if you let their bar run out, so you'll want to balance it. If you get the bar up all the way you can unleash a screen clearing attack as their Transcendent Forms.

*Takuya as Agunimon <-> BurningGreymon (Trans. Kaiser Greymon)
*Koji as Lobomon <-> KendoGarurumon (Trans. Magna Garurumon)

Savers Digimon begin as Mega level, and have a bar known as the Burst Bar which they can use to unleash powered-up special moves as their Burst Forms and special guards, or save up for a screen-clearing attack.

*Marcus and Shine Greymon (Shine Greymon Burst Mode)
*Thomas and Mirage Gaogamon (Mirage Gaogamon Burst Mode)

Xros Wars Digimon begin as "Rookie" Digimon, and have more traditional Musou-style string attacks with each finisher causing them to transform into one of their composite forms. When their bar fills up they turn into their strongest combination and unleash a screen-clearing move.

* Mikey and Shoutmon (Shoutmon X7)

Anime: GANTZ
Genre: Action/RPG
Developer: ATLUS

Anime: AKIRA
Genre: Open World
Developer: R*

Anime: Space Dandy
Genre: Action Adventure
Developer: Platinum (Vanqiush Team)

specdot

Cowboy Bebop
Action-Adventure (Open-World), RPG
Rockstar North
What Mass Effect should have been. Instead we got a super serious space opera that dragged on for 2 more games after the first.
Anyway, I'm cheating with this one, but a .//hack game based on the anime ova.
Open world MMO.
PC/PS4. I'll omit the Xbox because lol Xbox and Japanese games.
The dev: no, not Bamco/ CC2. But Bungie x Studio Japan.

Toad.T

Banned
"Akira Toriyama chracters's Big 'Ol Get Together shindig soiree type thing"

Various Toriyama Properties - Board/Mini Game -PC/PS4/X1/Switch

Instead of having yet another DBZ game, this time around it's a board game adventure with minigame intermissions. You take your character with their deck of cards based off properties made by Toriyama (DB/Z/S, Slump, Sandland, Pink, Cowa, etc...) and level them up using the victories you get in minigames. Be the last one with any cards remaining and win.

cj_iwakura

A Fate/Zero fighting game. Seven masters, seven servants, different story for each route.
(Arcade and consoles... ideally by ArcSys.)

The souls I would harvest for a Sailor Moon RPG done in Persona 3/4/5 style, you don't even know.
(By Atlus of course.)

My Hero Academia, 2D classic fighter with fancy sprites.
Just using the 1-A students as fighters makes for a big and varied enough roster
(also the three vigilante spinoff characters make for nice unlockables)

My Hero Academia
PS4
Dev: CC2
Cel shaded 3d fighter like Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm
Already a big enough cast
VdN6UgS_d.jpg

Use thr anime ost and have a story mode that goes through the canon story
The best answers here.

I would also like an srpg ala bleach third phantom for My Hero Academia.

F31 Leopard

Developer: Namco/Project Aces (no brainier)
Genre: Flight Simcade Ace Combat style
Have unlockable Area 88(U.N. Squadron) arcade game after beating the campaign.

220px-Area_88_Original_OVA_Series.jpg

Packy

Lupin the Third
Genre: Stealth/Action
Style: Metal Gear Solid meets Alpha Protocol. Plenty of stealthy cat burglary goodness, with some solid gunplay and a huge emphasis on player choice. Lots of comedy and sight gags.
Developer: Level 5

Prince of Stride
Genre: Sports/Social Sim
Style: Timed free running (parkour) races with multiple paths. Solo and team races. Hub locations that allow social interactions and choices to be made. Light dating sim elements.
Developer: Sucker Punch

High School of the Dead
Genre: Cooperative Action Shooter/Social Sim
Style: 3rd person action game, team based, think Left 4 Dead meets Mass Effect multiplayer. Choose a character or create your own. Level up, customize skills and loadout. Kill zombies. Social aspects between missions. Fan service.
Developer: Team Ninja

rackham

Banned
Case closed/detective Conan game in the style of life is strange, walking dead etc.

You would use your detective skills to discover clues and interrogate people while still hiding the fact that you're just a kid.

Top Bottom