• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pics that don't make you laugh but are still cool

DD

O6ApXvD.gif

P1Chi6u.gif

A8Q6c5S.gif

Xmr6gyX.gif

PoliteFlakyKillerwhale.gif

Melchiah

zzBIlk6.jpg

j9ey032.jpg

Gita Lenz, 1940-50

ZNZnm23.jpg

Chris Burden - Transfixed (1974)

In his forty-year career, Chris Burden has been shot, nailed to a Volkswagen, set on fire, electrocuted, and stabbed with pins, all in the name of art. He's shot bullets at a 747 by LAX, hijacked a television interview, built a self-navigating sail boat, and crawled over broken glass in a speedo on Main Street, Los Angeles. Constantly pushing boundaries and prodding at the breaking points of social mores, institutions, and his own body and psyche, Chris Burden has redefined what it means to make art. In an interview with Jim Moisan in 1979, Burden spoke about his early performance work, "It was more like a kind of mental experience for me—to see how I would deal with the mental aspect—like knowing that at 7:30 you're going to stand in a room and guy's going to shoot you... It was almost like setting up fate or something, in a real controlled way. The violence part wasn't that important, it was just a crux to make all the mental stuff happen."

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
I've never really cared for boats and boating in general, but those things are fucking badass.

Perhaps not 'cool', but mighty impressive. Can't verify the source, but here's a gif of a Syrian boy apparently saving his sister form gunman by pretending to be shot to divert the shooter.

v0F6Ebj.gif

DD

Übermatik;138351400 said:
Perhaps not 'cool', but mighty impressive. Can't verify the source, but here's a gif of a Syrian boy apparently saving his sister form gunman by pretending to be shot to divert the shooter.

v0F6Ebj.gif

F*ck... =/

GrayFoxPL

v0F6Ebj.gif

My God.

v0F6Ebj.gif

This got torn apart on Reddit for been fake / boy pretending to be shot. Just an FYI.

Edit: for clarities sake, I don't believe they don't shoot kids, they do actively. The whole country is hell bent on murdering each other. It's just this video is suspicious.

Do you have the link to the reddit thread?

http://www.reddit.com/r/syriancivilwar/comments/2lv7z2/video_purporting_to_show_a_syrian_boy_rescuing_a/

Edit:

I haven't posted anything actually cool or interesting.

So here is something I also nicked from Reddit, but it is fucking badass. Sprint missile launch.

The Sprint was a two-stage, solid-fuel anti-ballistic missile, armed with a W66 enhanced radiation thermonuclear warhead.

This thing jumps to Mach 10 in 5 seconds ... that's right ... it pulls 100g's. Look closely at the nose of the missile near the end. It's going so fast it's aerodynamically heating itself white hot.

Top Bottom