• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pics that don't make you laugh but are still cool

Qwomo

Fallen_Hero said:
Who has this house?!
It's a room at the Rangali Island Resort & Spa in the Maldives.

MzOTd.jpg

Lamel

Banned
Antimatter said:
Nick Brandt megapost, he has two books out called On This Earth and A Shadow Falls, then a combined version that's larger than the two originals.

*tons of african animals pics*

My favorite post so far.

opusink

Neo Member
Vincent Alexander said:
I love all the pictures you posted, but this is absolutely amazing.

I was at the Alhambra last year...was sitting by the ledge overlooking it while random kids were singing and playing flamenco. Powerful indeed.

Melchiah

Nyx said:

It's either two different persons, or he's gone through some surgery as well. HRT doesn't have an effect on your facial bone structure, ie. thinner jaw & higher cheeckbones.

Nyx

Melchiah said:
It's either two different persons, or he's gone through some surgery as well. HRT doesn't have an effect on your facial bone structure, ie. thinner jaw & higher cheeckbones.

I have no idea tbh, saw the pic on another forum, and thought it would fit here as it didn't make me laugh but is pretty cool, if true ofc.

Melchiah said:

Well... it could be a bit of an illusion due to weight loss- it all depends how much he was carrying in his face and how much s/he lost during the time he went through HRT.

I guess, anyway?

abracadaver said:
shark in water pic

THIS HAPPENED TO ME ONCE. Gawd, I was on a boogie board and i was riding the waves with my bro...simultaneously, we saw the silhouette and we both rushed back to shore almost crapping ourselves in the process

The Orange said:
What? It's probably just taken with a long lens...

Possible, the distance to the objects in front of the moon seems a bit too dramatic for a lens likely to be carried. Could be wrong but at first glance it seems enlarged for effect.

Just holding an object in front of you can make the moon "shrink" So interesting. You can't undo your brain from being tricked every time even when you are aware of the illusion.

funk0ar

deadmuffin said:
THIS HAPPENED TO ME ONCE. Gawd, I was on a boogie board and i was riding the waves with my bro...simultaneously, we saw the silhouette and we both rushed back to shore almost crapping ourselves in the process

Looks like a dolphin to me.

opusink said:
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/5331/kvnac1et.png

All amazing pictures, but I found this one to be especially stunning. The sense of scale and magnificence is unbelievable. From where was this picture taken?

asa

Madrin said:

True story: My friends little brother too that photo. More of his illustrations and photos can be found here.

Antti was a exchange student in Australia when he took that picture. People were celebrating independence day at some Australian beach. Fireworks, lighting storm and the Haley cometh. Hard to beat that.

Funny story: Antti thought that the picture was so cool that he wanted a printout. About a week later he went to print shop, only to find out that the picture was allready on sale in the shop. The printshop had found the picture from internet and was selling huge poster versions of it without his permission :D
I don't remember if he ever got it printed. :p

Vire

Qwomo said:
Ah! The Santa Maria della Pietà! One of my favorite places on earth! If there were one building in the entire world I could call home, it would be the Santa Maria della Pietà. There's a ruined castle right across from it, too! The Rocca Calascio.

Tons of pictures of Santa Maria and Rocca Calascio here.

Rocca_Calascio_2009_24_%28RaBoe%29.jpg

It's absolutely beautiful. I really hope I could go to Rome one day.

Totally unrelated:

3133ejp.jpg

asa said:
True story: My friends little brother too that photo. More of his illustrations and photos can be found here.

Antti was a exchange student in Australia when he took that picture. People were celebrating independence day at some Australian beach. Fireworks, lighting storm and the Haley cometh. Hard to beat that.

Funny story: Antti thought that the picture was so cool that he wanted a printout. About a week later he went to print shop, only to find out that the picture was allready on sale in the shop. The printshop had found the picture from internet and was selling huge poster versions of it without his permission :D
I don't remember if he ever got it printed. :p
That is simply amazing. I'd totally make a huge printout of that and have it in my library.

Platy

Nappuccino said:
Well... it could be a bit of an illusion due to weight loss- it all depends how much he was carrying in his face and how much s/he lost during the time he went through HRT.

I guess, anyway?

Angle also helps to give an impression of smaller chin.

Also, such a change is not that far off when you think about other examples ...

http://i.imgur.com/Jfa92.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/wHIiY.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/keetd.jpg

And these are only the ones that i could remember what to search to find again on google ... there are waaaaaaaaaay more (and better) examples around

Top Bottom