• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pics that don't make you laugh but are still cool

jKf6J

Retro

Why are their eyes like that?

I would venture a large part of it is either a racial predisposition to very heavy eyelashes or a cultural predisposition to eyeshadow. Both of them have very heavy, dark eyelids that frames their eyes and makes them look very dramatic.

I would guess that the infant is either photoshoped, the light is obscuring his pupils, or he has some kind of eye condition. It looks like he barely has any pupils at all.

well, for me it's because they have central heterochromia and in this case the thin dark outer ring of the iris frames a second, lighter color which makes it an eyecatcher (haha) due to the high contrast.
In addition, imo it always looks interesting if you have a darker skin tone than your eye color (because it's somewhat rare).

noah111

Still Alive
Eyes dilate in the sunlight. They're in bright sunlight.
Umm, actually the exact opposite happens. They're eyes are just a spectacular color which I suppose has more vibrance in the sun, but either way their eyes still look that amazing no matter the environment..

Not that these kids don't have stunning eyes, but there has to be at least a dark eye liner on both. It just's completely impossible to have a thick layer of dark dark blue on the tip of your eye lids.

I guess cultural maquillage combined with beautiful eyes cause a picture like this.

TruskyMX

s_s07_RTR2W166.jpg

The International Space Station (top left) flies past the moon, as seen from Houston, Texas, on January 4, 2012. The station was flying in an orbit at 390 km (242 miles) with six astronauts aboard.

s_s10_RTR2YJT1.jpg

s_s20_22115840.jpg

The Comet Lovejoy is visible near Earth's horizon in this nighttime image photographed by NASA astronaut Dan Burbank, Expedition 30 commander, aboard the International Space Station, on December 21, 2011

These ae totally awesome.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Umm, actually the exact opposite happens. They're eyes are just a spectacular color which I suppose has more vibrance in the sun, but either way their eyes still look that amazing no matter the environment..

Right right. That's what I meant. I meant constrict. Thanks.

While we're correcting each other, they're = they are. Their represents ownership.

Log4Girlz

Not nesecarilly, especially when it's the explosion of a star. This was taken over the span of months, with the changes happening rapidly indicating a level of incredible acceleration, which you can see in the gas effect.

s0502aw.jpg

This is what it looks like now (more or less), which makes you really appreciate that we were able to glimpse such a site before it all expanded away into a 'regular' gassy nebula type view;

heic0617a.jpg

normal_V838-Monocerotis.jpg

[edit] Damn, hate being at the bottom of the page. :lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Light_echo

Its a light echo. Even though the images were from a span of several months that material is NOT moving out, its light from an outburst illuminating the different material shells that have been thrown from the star at some other point in time.

mik83kuu

Banned
Science GAF.............explain that shit.

While we wait for actual Science GAF to show up, I can fill in some blanks and say that it is a regular recyclable coffee cup with a blue material applied to it. The material reacts to heat and expands. The theory is they would apply a logo on a cup and when you pour coffee into it, the logo shows up. Also it doesn't transfer heat that well so if you can hold a hot cup in your hand. As you can see, it is very... unreliable and uneven in how it expands so if I am correct, it is still in early testing phases. I saw all of this on a video once.

This story is amazing.

I won't post the picture in case it qualifies as gore, but essentially it's a before and after shot of a guy who had a full face transplant yesterday in Maryland.

The difference is staggering. The "before" shots are after it has well healed btw, so no worries about NSFL mental images.

danwarb

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Light_echo

Its a light echo. Even though the images were from a span of several months that material is NOT moving out, its light from an outburst illuminating the different material shells that have been thrown from the star at some other point in time.

So we're seeing a burst of light take months to radiate outward over a huge distance, illuminating the ancient layers of debris.

That is very amazing.

Top Bottom