• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pikmin 3 Review Thread [UP2: All reviews are live]

Impossiburu

Neo Member
Finding that the game's counter is off by like two hours (not sure how it's tabulated). The Wii U's Daily Log application is a much better count.

kubus

Finding that the game's counter is off by like two hours (not sure how it's tabulated). The Wii U's Daily Log application is a much better count.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that the in-game counter removes time looking at cutscenes/menu screens. And I'm 99% sure that it doesn't count replays of days. I beat the game in 44 days in "11 hours", and someone else beat the game in 55 days and also at "11 hours". I haven't checked the activity log yet, though. Kinda strange, because each in-game day takes the same amount of time.

jepense

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that the in-game counter removes time looking at cutscenes/menu screens. And I'm 99% sure that it doesn't count replays of days. I beat the game in 44 days in "11 hours", and someone else beat the game in 55 days and also at "11 hours". I haven't checked the activity log yet, though. Kinda strange, because each in-game day takes the same amount of time.
There is a leaderboard for the story and replay is there also for optimum efficiency runs, so it wouldn't make sense if replays or menu viewing accumulated time on the clock. It might be that things like map viewing (which pauses the game) are counted since that is active playing, which would change the clock time for a day. In any case, the game clock shows much much less than the actual time spent playing.

GameXplain just gave it 3.5 / 5

http://youtu.be/_Cesf4t-bzM

Was hoping for higher, especially after all this time, but oh well.

I like game explain, but I'm skeptical about them. They uploaded a video on YouTube of game footage taken from somewhere else with no commentary.

The thing is, this video had an ad. I believe they make money off of this.

So I'm not so sure if they gave pikmin a 7/10 just to get more views.

Dr.Hadji

Wow, with the amount of gradation the 100 point scale has, I'm surprised at the number of 8.8s. Couldn't maybe slide up to that 8.9 or slide down to that 8.7?

I told people this would at least get an 85. Everyone is so cynical with the press when it comes to nintendo but the vast majority of their games are not underscored. Content of the review is another matter but we all know most people who care about this go look at the MC and don't read a thing

zroid

Banned
Edge said it made compelling use of the GamePad? I thought it was meant to be played with Wiimote?

Ideally, you use both. The GamePad is like an accessory you look at and touch from time-to-time. I think it automatically pauses the game when you interact with the screen. Apparently you can use it for tactics.

Dr.Hadji

Perish said:
The arc of Pikmin, on the other hand, feels more akin to what we saw with classic NES trilogies like Super Mario and Castlevania: A great, if simple, first title; an entertaining follow-up that mixed up its predecessor's conventions both for better and for worse; and a third entry that returns to the first game's principles but with far more substance.

Always liked his comparisons to gaming history.

Edge said it made compelling use of the GamePad? I thought it was meant to be played with Wiimote?

Why can't it have/do both?

Top Bottom