• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare leaks [Update] (rumored Frostbite 3 TF2-esque FPS)

Majine

Banned
A couple of months ago, People: "Where is Plants vs Zombies?"

Popcap: "Here's your fucking Plants vs Zombies! 2 games. You happy?".

so... they teased the game by playing off various game names, but then the game itself is also a play on another game's name.... and not to mention it's that of a different publisher's game?

HI1jQbS.gif

i somehow don't think this will be the name of the game, and is just another teaser.

Wow, this could be really good if implemented well. I have all sorts of crazy ideas flying in my head. But it's from EA... damn, what to expect?

So many possibilities. This is either going to be awesome or really bad, nothing in between. I have faith, it's one of their bigger IPs, I don't think they'd half-ass it.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
so... they teased the game by playing off various game names, but then the game itself is also a play on another game's name.... and not to mention it's that of a different publisher's game?

HI1jQbS.gif

i somehow don't think this will be the name of the game, and is just another teaser.
It's E3 advertising, it's totally the final name.

Give me Peggle Downhill Racing, while we're at it.

I think this will probably turn out really cool, despite the weird first reactions.

Brilliant name too.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
TF2ish - Very much For
F2P P2W - Against
XBone Exclusive - Against, unless it's just timed.

We'll see!

C-DubSP

Neo Member
Clever marketing of Plant vs Zombies 2 rather than spin offs. PvZ is my most payed iOS game, so I will likely buy this one for the iPad as well.

KDR_11k

Yeah I don't get it. I figured PvZ was successful in the casual market and anything past that was wasted effort. Maybe I'm totally wrong?

It was very popular even among the hardcore back when it launched. Remember the first release was a 15$ PC-only version.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
This is a really potentially exciting announcement. Looking forward to the EA conference to see how dope this ends up.

Sober

So there will be PvZ 2 at least ... are these parody/proposed spin-offs going to be anything more than minigames within PvZ or will there be an actual, like TF2-esque FPS and a football game, etc.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
So there will be PvZ 2 at least ... are these parody/proposed spin-offs going to be anything more than minigames within PvZ or will there be an actual, like TF2-esque FPS and a football game, etc.
To my understanding there are two games:
-Plants vs. Zombies 2
-Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare

Since the latter is supposed to be like TF2, presumably you might be able to buy outfits/hats/etc from EA series.

VanWinkle

Probably Xbone exclusive.

Are you saying this out of paranoia or have you heard something? Because if you heard that it's an Xbox One exclusive... :| Game sounds kind of interesting. It would be a shame if I can't try it with it being a One exclusive.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Are you saying this out of paranoia or have you heard something? Because if you heard that it's an Xbox One exclusive... :|

Kev and I have been making fun of people saying this in the thread for every game, especially if it's made by EA.

Sulik2

I am loving the character designs here. And I second the statement that Garden Warfare is a brilliant title.

Top Bottom