• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare leaks [Update] (rumored Frostbite 3 TF2-esque FPS)

hirokazu

Wait, how does this work? Aren't most if not all of the plants stationary? Are they gonna attach wheels to their pots or something?

Mista Koo

Wait, how does this work? Aren't most if not all of the plants stationary? Are they gonna attach wheels to their pots or something?
nQrbOHX.png

Bumhead

Banned
If this is a totally self aware and very light hearted shooter in the vein of something like TimeSplitters or Team Fortress 2 then it could be fantastic.

dejay

Banned
If this is a totally self aware and very light hearted shooter in the vein of something like TimeSplitters or Team Fortress 2 then it could be fantastic.

TF2 has been mentioned a few times and it makes sense - a F2P fun, accessible game that can rake in some micro transactions.

Bumhead

Banned
Hell yeah, because when I think about Plants vs. Zombies I think how well it would work as a class-based competitive online shooter!

This isn't replacing anything.

The traditional Plants vs Zombies is getting a proper sequel that looks and plays like the original. People who want that aren't losing anything by the existence of this.

This sounds like a totally different side project to the main game that potentially appeals to a different bunch of people and expands the brand (marketing speak ftw). I actually think that for all the shit shooters get, there's probably a gap in the market for more off the wall, light hearted multiplayer FPS games, so I welcome this. If done right it could be fantastic.

FoneBone

This. Happy to see a goofy, cartoony shooter out there in the midst of so much grim n' gritty.

Welp, all I can really say for sure is I love how absurd the concept is.

I have serious doubts such a game would be successful, but I'd sincerely like to see them try.

Hey remember Battlefield Heroes? I think this will be a lot like that: 3rd person, free to play, easy to get into, micro-transactions, and a charming presentation. I'm looking forward to it, especially if they do tie-in stuff like Grass Effect and whatnot.

VanWinkle

Exactly. Depends on the tone they go for. I'd personally rather have a Timesplitters-esque game than a TF2 one, but either would be cool to see.

Hey remember Battlefield Heroes? I think this will be a lot like that: 3rd person, free to play, easy to get into, micro-transactions, and a charming presentation. I'm looking forward to it, especially if they do tie-in stuff like Grass Effect and whatnot.
Completely agree, if they're both F2P they can hook in "interesting" ways through Origin or whatever.

Regardless of how savory this move is, I'm curious as to how the hell they could make this work. WHAT ABOUT THE SUNFLOWERS?!

Somnid

This concept would be hard but intriguing to pull off as a normal game. With the F2P business model and by association multiplayer dictating it I have pretty much no confidence in it being anything other than mediocre.

Top Bottom