• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Platinum Games: "Would have to see demand" for MG:Revengeance Wii U port

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darryl

Banned
So the user that isn't chomping at the bit to play this game on whatever hardware they own, but the user that can wait around for a theoretical port and get round to playing it perhaps maybe one day if it ever happens. Top of their "market to these duders" hitlist I am sure.

you're right, they should just release it for PC only and skip the console market altogether.

Hiltz

What in the world could represent demand? It's such an arbitrary thing.

a 1000 signature petition doesn't even guarantee 1000 sales.

If people buy a lot of CoD, does that show demand for more hardcore games like that?

If people buy a lot of MGS3 on 3DS, does that show demand for MGS on Nintendo platforms?

What the hell do they expect?

Hope.

Majmun

I don't get this.

Warm up the Wii U crowd with Revengeance before Bayonetta 2 hits the platform. They develop two franchises exclusively for the Wii U, but don't seem interested into releasing a multiplatform title for it...

zroid

Banned
I don't get this.

Warm up the Wii U crowd with Revengeance before Bayonetta 2 hits the platform. They develop two franchises exclusively for the Wii U, but don't seem interested into releasing a multiplatform title on it...

It's entirely up to Konami, though.

Darryl

Banned
I don't get this.

Warm up the Wii U crowd with Revengeance before Bayonetta 2 hits the platform. They develop two franchises exclusively for the Wii U, but don't seem interested into releasing a multiplatform title on it...

it isn't platinums decision to make

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
you're right, they should just release it for PC only and skip the console market altogether.

The canon storyline follow up to MGS4 definitely shouldnt show up on the only console its been released on, no sir. Nor should a Platinum game release on the 2 formats of which other Platinum game enjoyers also own now/owned at some point in time.

Everyone should learn to embrace multi-console ownership/get that second job. I could be demanding a Vita version of everything ever released, but I'm not. Deal.

StuBurns

Banned
What the hell do they expect?
They don't expect anything, it's just a more positive thing to say to people tweeting you than "ask Konami". The amount of people who have Wii U's and don't have PS3 or 360s is basically nothing, and if bandwidth went on another SKU, it'd be PC.

Meelow

Banned
I don't get this.

Warm up the Wii U crowd with Revengeance before Bayonetta 2 hits the platform. They develop two franchises exclusively for the Wii U, but don't seem interested into releasing a multiplatform title for it...

It's Konami's choice, if it was Platinum choice the Wii U version probably would be announced already and release the same day as the PS3/360 version.

What's with some people saying "no thanks"? More games are better.

Darryl

Banned
The canon storyline follow up to MGS4 definitely shouldnt show up on the only console its been released on, no sir. Nor should a Platinum game release on the 2 formats of which other Platinum game enjoyers also own now/owned at some point in time.

Everyone should learn to embrace multi-console ownership. I could be demanding a Vita version of everything ever released, but I'm not.

your "canon storyline" argument is total bull. the franchises didn't start on PS3/360, they've moved platforms multiple times. MGS1 began on the PSX. MGS2 was on the PS2. i own every console except Vita, i just don't give a shit about playing it on 360 or PS3 anymore. the platforms are way too old. if it was on Wii U or PC, it would be within the realm of things that i'm willing to buy.

lol yea because someone couldn't own both a 360, PS3, and Wii U and want the Wii U version above the rest.
You think there are people that would own all three consoles and not buy a 360 or PS3 version if a Wii U version doesn't exist?

Edit-nevermind

your "canon storyline" argument is total bull. the franchises didn't start on PS3/360, they've moved platforms multiple times. MGS1 began on the PSX. MGS2 was on the PS2. i own every console except Vita, i just don't give a shit about playing it on 360 or PS3 anymore. the platforms are way too old. if it was on Wii U or PC, it would be within the realm of things that i'm willing to buy.

So you don't want it on the PS3 or 360 because they're old, but you'll play it on the Wii U even though it's highly unlikely that you'd see any improvements over those two versions?

Anyway, it seems like PC version is going to happen based on what they've said. I think that they'll go from that to developing the sequel.

It likely doesn't exist. Even in Japan I'd guess the people who would buy it on Wii U already own a PS3. I'd rather not see platinum wasting their limited resources.

japtor

I love Platinum Games, but when developers or publishers say this kind of shit, it's because they know they won't get that demand. It's fucking crap, because Wii U owners is a new market, of course you're not gonna see "demand" for a certain game on it, because not many people bought it yet. It's not up to the fucking consumer to ask for games to buy, it's up to the fucking developers/publishers to being putting games on a new platform to get people to buy it!

This kind of stuff just makes me mad, because to use a better example...EA is starting to act like that making more games on the Wii U isn't worth the effort, whether that's because of some fallout between them and Nintendo...they make it sound like "well our Wii U launch titles didn't sell too well, so we're not gonna bother in the future." Instead of considering the fact that maybe....just maybe consumers aren't fucking morons, and aren't going to just give you their hard earned money for half-assed ports, and overpriced games.
On the other side of things, doesn't Capcom pull this crap when they actually have something? Like they ask if people want this or that, drums up attention and demand, and announces something magically ready a month later.
lol yea because someone couldn't own both a 360, PS3, and Wii U and want the Wii U version above the rest.
That's me. Even if it doesn't have whatever gamepad mechanics I'd just be happy with the off TV play.

StuBurns

Banned
It likely doesn't exist. Even in Japan I'd guess the people who would buy it on Wii U already own a PS3. I'd rather not see platinum wasting their limited resources.
If they even could release it there. 360 version was canceled for some reason, maybe Sony have it moneyhatted there.

Darryl

Banned
So you don't want it on the PS3 or 360 because they're old, but you'll play it on the Wii U even though it's highly unlikely that you'd see any improvements over those two versions?

Anyway, it seems like PC version is going to happen based on what they've said. I think that they'll go from that to developing the sequel.

at the minimum there would be tablet play, which is amazing.

Meesh

I'd really like to see what using the game pad in a MG game would be like though, outside of maps, inventory, ect...

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Signed. The more games on Wii U the better, as far as I'm concerned.

Eh. I honestly don't think it's needed. Wii U already has the best Platinum output locked down.

This. At this point we're looking at a 6 month late port at minimum and by that time TW101 will be out. Who knows how far along Bayonetta 2 is, but with it sandwiched between those games I have every intention of ignoring it. I played the demo and there was some great stuff, and then there was Blade Mode + all the stuff I loathe about MGS (10 tons of stupid dialogue and cutscenes murdering the flow of the action)

So yeah, whatever.

Darryl

Banned
My Vita version would be even more portable and amazing! Where is my petition to sign...

go start one. i think the reason platinum games would even consider the Wii U one in the first place is because of how much they've been working on nintendo platforms lately, already planning to bring two somewhat similar action games to the console within the year.

I don't like shit like this but can't get upset when two exclusives are heading to the Wii U.
By the time this would come out for the Wii U, we could probably buy it for something else at a fraction of the cost. How about another exclusive instead?

JDSN

Banned
I just felt a disturbance in the internet, as if thousands of Nintendo fanboys descended upon Kamija's twitter at unison.

fvng

I love Platinum Games, but when developers or publishers say this kind of shit, it's because they know they won't get that demand. It's fucking crap, because Wii U owners is a new market, of course you're not gonna see "demand" for a certain game on it, because not many people bought it yet. It's not up to the fucking consumer to ask for games to buy, it's up to the fucking developers/publishers to being putting games on a new platform to get people to buy it!

This kind of stuff just makes me mad, because to use a better example...EA is starting to act like that making more games on the Wii U isn't worth the effort, whether that's because of some fallout between them and Nintendo...they make it sound like "well our Wii U launch titles didn't sell too well, so we're not gonna bother in the future." Instead of considering the fact that maybe....just maybe consumers aren't fucking morons, and aren't going to just give you their hard earned money for half-assed ports, and overpriced games.

Uh no. You're reading too far into this. They mean what they say. If there is no demand for it, there is no point in porting it. Especially considering the Wii U's current install base might not even justify the financial investment into a port. Why don't people consider the amount of time and money needed to port a game?

However I hope they port vanquish and MGR to PC, there is demand and a sizable market.

Someone make a petition page for porting these two to PC

hatchx

Banned
The trick should be to release it as a discount eshop title in 16 months when Ground Zeroes is a week from launching on all platforms, including Wii U.

For some random port out of nowhere, with nothing new but the gamepad support, it will simply tank being launched so much later. MGS is a series which sales is driven a lot by fans, so Revengeance will sell most of what'll sell in the first 2-3 months.

Meelow

Banned
If this does convince Konami to bring Metal Gear Rising Revengeance to Wii U, than this means only one thing.

yoshiu.jpg

Ground Zeroes Wii U

Darryl

Banned
Was it not their decision to pick up Nintendo as a publisher?

MGR is being published by Konami, with the development work being done by Platinum Games (independent entity). they have two new games being published by nintendo, but they are still an independent entity in that relationship. a studio can have two different products being published from two places at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom