• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Platinum Games: "Would have to see demand" for MG:Revengeance Wii U port

Status
Not open for further replies.

farnham

Banned
Wait so the company that is developing Bayonetta 2 (edit: and Wonderful 101) exclusively for the Wii U needs to see demand for Revengence to release it on the Wii U?

I understand the difference of publishers, but oh the irony.

I kinda wonder why nintendo wastes time and money on those people tbh.

Murrah

Banned
Unless it involves purchasing games they've actually produced. Sure, you're a "fan".

What. I don't own a 360/PS3. How can I buy most of their output even if I want to. Well I guess I could buy it and not play it if that's what you're suggesting. Though if I had that much spare money I'd probably own one of the HD twins huh

If they make games for stuff I own I'll get it if it looks cool. And MGR doesn't look that hot to me (not that I could buy it anyway)

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
I thought the demo was fantastic. Did you try it? (not baiting, honest question)

Sadly my 360 is being repaired right now, this friend of mine is a bit slow with the spanner. There's hope for this game to be good then, nice to know

As much as I would like more 3rd party games for Wii-U, I'd rather
Platinum keep making new IPs
or continue the sequel giving with Vanquish2

no need to waste resources porting... just keep making games like Bayo2 and WI0I

Vanquish 2
Vanquish 2
Shenmue 3
Vanquish 2
New Ip

:p

Medalion

Banned
I have no interest in this game whatsoever, but I will sign because having more games like this on the system can only be a good thing

TedNindo

Ah, the fabled and fairly insane WiiU and nothing else owner, whom has also skipped this entire generation of HD consoles currently available for just above £100. I'm not sure thats a market ever worth considering.

I own a 360 and PS3 lol. But WiiU would be my current system of choice when it comes to multiplat games.

You guys think this is bad now? Wait until the PS4 and 720 are released, we'll NEVER see ports from the competitor's consoles again no matter how many signatures we get from a petition. Sadly I doubt those games will run on the Wii U the same way Metal Gear Rising might.

zroid

Banned
Sadly my 360 is being repaired right now, this friend of mine is a bit slow with the spanner. There's hope for this game to be good then, nice to know

Yeah the demo was really good. A slightly different spin on the usual character action game mechanics, and it feels fresh and fun in that regard.

The writing is kind of blah but the gameplay's what counts!

Riposte

How much blackmail material would I need to gather to show there is demand for Anarchy Reigns for the Wii U or PC?

This is interesting, since no one asked for such a monstrosity on 360 or PS3 to begin with.

I'm absolutely sure this is factually incorrect.

I wonder if you are allowed to kickstarter ports.

Protip: when criticizing bad behavior, it is advisable not to engage in worse behavior.

while his approach might not be the best one, i agree with him. every single thread about the god awful wiiU 3rd party support is full of nintendo fans "we don't need those games, they're shit". every single game on the platform? best thing ever or they're "okay" to keep them occupied until the next big thing (whatever that is) comes out. well, i guess that does explain why nintendo platforms don't get the games though, the fans don't want them.

zroid

Banned
while his approach might not be the best one, i agree with him. every single thread about the god awful wiiU 3rd party support is full of nintendo fans "we don't need those games, they're shit". every single game on the platform? best thing ever or they're "okay" to keep them occupied until the next big thing (whatever that is) comes out. well, i guess that does explain why nintendo platforms don't get the games though, the fans don't want them.
As a "Nintendo fan", I really dislike being lumped together with people who exhibit certain attitudes :\

Valnen

MGR is being published by Konami, with the development work being done by Platinum Games (independent entity). they have two new games being published by nintendo, but they are still an independent entity in that relationship. a studio can have two different products being published from two places at once.

It was their decision as a studio to have Nintendo publish Bayonetta 2 is what I'm saying.

zroid

Banned
It was their decision as a studio to have Nintendo publish Bayonetta 2 is what I'm saying.

I'm pretty sure it was Sega's decision to resurrect the game when Nintendo offered to fund/publish it.

I mean, sure, Platinum probably had to "agree" at some point, but is it realistic that any studio would say "no, we don't want to finish this game we'd been working on and was cancelled"?

Neiteio

I wonder if you are allowed to kickstarter ports.
I don't know if that's possible, but certainly if there was some way for WiiU fans to show their commitment by "investing" upfront, maybe that could turn heads. The game would absolutely sell some copies on the system right now, especially since there aren't many alternatives. Its Miiverse community would quickly appear on the home menu, and along with strong promotion in the eshop, it would draw in more and more people. It could leverage interest in Platinum thanks to TW101 and Bayonetta 2, and in turn help generate interest for those games.

guek

Banned
I'm kinda surprised at the general sentiment people seem to be throwing at this game. Is it expected to bomb or something?

It's weird, early on I thought MGR was always confirmed for Wii U, it wasn't until later that I found out it wasn't.

I signed the petition and would probably buy a Wii U version, though I'll admit it doesn't top the list of port-begging fantasies.

zroid

Banned
I'm kinda surprised at the general sentiment people seem to be throwing at this game. Is it expected to bomb or something?

I have no idea, I think it seems pretty awesome, and has a reliable team at the helm for the type of game it is. Maybe Metal Gear fans bitter about its lack of Metal Gear-ness?

RangerBAD

I have no idea, I think it seems pretty awesome, and has a reliable team at the helm for the type of game it is. Maybe Metal Gear fans bitter about its lack of Metal Gear-ness?

Really doubt people are bitter about it. After all, MGSV is on the horizon and it's a Hideo Kojima game. It's not like he's handing off the main franchise or anything. He didn't do Ac!d and that was a spin-off too.

Fox Mulder

I think it's absurd that people have to beg or somehow prove they're worthy of current gen ports. If a publisher doesnt want to port for business reasons, fine. I'll spend my money on other things.

Late ports probably always sell like shit anyways. This is a game where the people interested will buy it on other platforms.

Wii U, really? REALLY?

DmC on PC runs like butter and a ton of people got it. 50 million steam users.
From an economic perspective, they would be foolish not to let someone port this game to PC and release it all over my face.

Eh, I don't think there are a lot of core console gamers who don't also have a 360 or a PS3 if they have a Wii U, and the people who'd buy MGR:R would probably be only those core gamers.

I'll take my 360 port. A PC one would be nice down the road.

73V3N

Banned
Game looks good, but it's a bit sad that "begging" is needed to get it on Wii U, instead of them deciding by themselves (I'm talking about Konami)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom