• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Platinum Games: "Would have to see demand" for MG:Revengeance Wii U port

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahm998

I remember Debugging miiverse photo.

There is metal gear in the list and i think it's Rising .

The only reason not shown until now is time and iwata want to show special in Nintendo direct.

Trike

There's a questionable amount of hate for Rising in this thread. I'd actually be curious to see if the same people throwing shade on it now are the same people who were hyped for the Watermelon Cutting Simulator that the original version seemed to be.

Truth time: I am hoping the watermelon cutting simulator is still in the game.

There were a few exclusive Konami games for the Wii. Off the top of my head (though I haven't played them all): "ReBirth" brand of titles, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, Castlevania Judgment, Elebits, and Kororinpa.

Is what you are saying any less true for other devs? Sounds like nonsense.
Kororinpa was Hudson. Which is another thing, Konami murdering Hudson probably killed more Wii U support. :[

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
There were a few exclusive Konami games for the Wii. Off the top of my head (though I haven't played them all): "ReBirth" brand of titles, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, Castlevania Judgment, Elebits, and Kororinpa.

Is what you are saying any less true for other devs? Sounds like nonsense.

Shattered Memories came out on the PSP and PS2.

ahm998

I dreamed to get Metal Gear Rising: Razor edge with:

*Tv-off game play.
*Wiimote plus .
*Free DLC.
*Exclusive fight with Metroid + Bayonetta + Dark Link.
*VR Mission.
*Updating Graphics.
*Nintendo Exclusive Content Link sword + Metroid outfit
*More AI and combo update.

I would be so happy to get 60$ even after 1 year.

As much as I complain about non standard controls in video games, both the touch screen and wiimote+ would be perfect for this game.

Nosgoroth

Would like it for Off-TV Play, but I don't see it happening.

This thread reminds me that I should download the PS3 demo.

Burai

shitonmychest57
I think if the game not selling well Konami will release it to PC & Wii U to cover there loses money.

Yeah, they'll throw more resources behind a failed game to port them to a platform with no userbase and one with a ridiculously demanding audience who'll except nothing less than technical excellence.

Hypron

Yeah, they'll throw more resources behind a failed game to port them to a platform with no userbase and one with a ridiculously demanding audience who'll except nothing less than technical excellence.

The PC version of Dark Souls seems to have sold quite well even though it was one of the worst ports released this gen. If a game is good it'll sell well. Most people don't give a shit about extra features like high res textures or DX11, tesselation and whatever. As long as it offers the basics and runs decently it'll sell decently.

Terrell

As far as not enjoying Metal Gear or it's canon, Revengeance is a spinoff that is trying to stand on it's own so those unfamiliar with the story can jump in. It is also not really that close in gameplay. If you are a fan of Platinum games I would suggest trying the demo if you are able. But good for you keeping an open mind about a game you aren't interested in. You aren't obligated to like every new popular release.

I'm sure that the first 2 hurdles could easily be jumped over. The 3rd? Yeah, I don't see myself in a position where my love of Platinum Games over-rides my death-grudge against Konami. They shall never see a cent of my money again, if I have anything to say about it.

Glass Rebel

Hoo boy, sounds like something completely made up.

farnham

Banned
Wouldn't it be up to Konami to decide if they port it? I love Platinum Games, don't own a WiiU, but come on Konami. Ballsy. If you want to pull the Wii Capcom test for the WiiU you have to more than 3 actual franchises people still care about.
As someone who lived through the Capcom Wii test thing, here is what will likely happen. Konami will release the MGS HD collection on WiiU. It will sell poorly or meh. No Ground Zeroes for you. You'll get bad ports of PES and the Silent Hill HD collection. If they need to boost their financials they'll release the ZOE HD collection. For Lords of Shadow 2, they'll re-release an unoptimized port of Lords of Shadow 1 for $60. It will sell poorly and no LoS2 for you.

Above all else, they will never re-release NES Contra. It's been seven years. It's mother-fucking Contra. Don't give me that arcade shit on Xbla. It's not the same. You lost the source code didn't you? Fuck it I'm done. Could have made a killing on Wii VC, but no. You love your pachinko machines too much. Yeah they've got nice bumpers, but they don't love you like I do. You don't even know what up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, start even means any more.
Well wii got the excellent PES games..so im kinda hopeful

deim0s

Wouldn't it be up to Konami to decide if they port it? I love Platinum Games, don't own a WiiU, but come on Konami. Ballsy. If you want to pull the Wii Capcom test for the WiiU you have to more than 3 actual franchises people still care about.

Well actually that's what JP said, Konami has control of the IP not Platinum.

Well, Platinum teams are already bringing on Wii U Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2 so by now they should be quite familiar with the system, that's why I would like to see if they're able to craft a decent port of other games.

What's the point? If they haven't even started now it would come out when most who wanted to play it have played it already. I don't understand the point of ports that are released one year later and then cost full price when the other versions can be had for much cheaper. Those are like guaranteed bombs.
I would have got it for Wii U had it released at the same time as the other versions, as it is I'll get it for PS3 instead.
These publishers need to understand that people want new games. Port Ground Zeroes instead, that would make more sense.

javac

Ah, the fabled and fairly insane WiiU and nothing else owner, whom has also skipped this entire generation of HD consoles currently available for just above £100. I'm not sure thats a market ever worth considering.

Well I've had the PS3/360/Wii since launch but I don't really care about Revengeance. However if given the chance to pick it up on my Wii U I would. Maybe it's got to do with the fact that I'm going Nintendo only form here on out and I want to keep all my games on one system, or maybe the potential of off TV play is too good for me to turn down. But yeah I don't play my other systems anymore since I got my Wii U. And I know a lot of other people feel the same. But of course the sales figures of these ports say otherwise.

farnham

Banned
Well, Platinum teams are already bringing on Wii U Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2 so by now they should be quite familiar with the system, that's why I would like to see if they're able to craft a decent port of other games.

yeah but the main focus is probably with revengeance.

farnham

Banned
What's the point? If they haven't even started now it would come out when most who wanted to play it have played it already. I don't understand the point of ports that are released one year later and then cost full price when the other versions can be had for much cheaper. Those are like guaranteed bombs.
I would have got it for Wii U had it released at the same time as the other versions, as it is I'll get it for PS3 instead.
These publishers need to understand that people want new games. Port Ground Zeroes instead, that would make more sense.

fully agree. if its not at least a game with substantial upgrades like tales of graces f or ninja gaiden razors edge i dont see the point.

Not sure why they would even say this, there's no high demand for it and it was never going to happen in the first place. I guess it's being polite to fans?

Sentenza

I think if the game not selling well Konami will release it to PC & Wii U to cover there loses money.
usually it's the other way around. Games are ported on new platforms just when they are expected to sell decent numbers.

I rather Platinum works on something new rather than wasting time on a late port.
That's a non-issue. Ports can be managed by a second team or outsourced to other studios entirely.

eXistor

I wouldn't buy it. As much as I love Platinum, I'm getting the game day one on PS3. I don't wanna wait months for a port. I don't think ports that come months after the original release have much place anyway. Also I doubt there's many Metal Gear fans out there that only have a WiiU. It'd be a waste of resources.

farnham

Banned
I remember Debugging miiverse photo.

There is metal gear in the list and i think it's Rising .

The only reason not shown until now is time and iwata want to show special in Nintendo direct.

could be the case. if iwata moneyhatted konami substantially that is. i guess we will see.

EDarkness

I dreamed to get Metal Gear Rising: Razor edge with:

*Tv-off game play.
*Wiimote plus .
*Free DLC.
*Exclusive fight with Metroid + Bayonetta + Dark Link.
*VR Mission.
*Updating Graphics.
*Nintendo Exclusive Content Link sword + Metroid outfit
*More AI and combo update.

I would be so happy to get 60$ even after 1 year.

I'd easily pick this up on the Wii U if it had remote controls. Slashing with the remote would be pretty cool to me.

Anyone that wanted it will just buy it on PS3 instead of waiting six months for an (likely) inferior port, especially since the original version will probably be on sale by that point

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Would rather have Bayonetta to go along with 2. I'm considering getting a PS3, but the port for that was a bit of a botch job wasn't it. Don't fancy getting a 360 just for one game.

This is beginning to sound horrible for third party support.

I know this is a step forward, but let's be honest - this is far from an ideal launch for Nintendo if publishers are openly coming out and saying that as of now they have no plans for their new flagship system.

I don't recall the 360 having an issue at the start of last gen. Are Nintendo really trying? Throw some money at devs, get that library established - will make it a hell of a lot easier later on in the systems life.

Red UFO

Anyone else think "waiting to see if there's demand" is an incredibly arrogant way to put this?

Oh yes, oh mighty ones, please give me the opportunity to give you my money!

Larsen B

I'm just fed up with new platforms getting the short end of the stick. I went into the PS Vita, and Wii U so far very enthusiastic, and excited to play games on both platforms. As actual hardware goes, I really like both systems. Can't really blame Platinum Games, cuz like a lot of people have already said, this is Konami doing this. We got 2 awesome games from them on the way on Wii U. It's just the fact that new platforms are constantly being screwed on more games that piss me off.

I got a PS3, I got an xbox 360...I can play MGR on other platforms, it doesn't affect me, but I want my new systems to continue getting support. That being said, I also want the games to be worth my purchase. I think there are just too many publishers scared of taking risks, so they don't see these platforms as a worthwhile endevour. Bull shit! Like I keep saying, you're not gonna make tons of money instantly on new platforms unless you put actual effort into the games on it. They have to understand that consumers are not stupid, especially day 1 buyers. We do our research, I know that your port on the Wii U had shitty framerate, I know that your game is $30 cheaper on other platforms. Stop insulting us, and then you'll make money off of us.

It's like you can see into my soul.

Anyone else think "waiting to see if there's demand" is an incredibly arrogant way to put this?

Oh yes, oh mighty ones, please give me the opportunity to give you my money!

It's not arrogant as such, it's just showing that Nintendo's attempts of establishing solid third party support from launch is incredibly underwhelming.

I mean c'mon, how can they sit back and see all of these comments from publishers and just nod their head? They clearly need to approach this in a different way, because sure as hell Sony and MS will have that established from day one.

Not sure what they're doing different exactly, but seems like their approach is to sit back and wait for people to come to them - when they should be providing incentives for publishers to join their system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom