• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Platinum Games: "Would have to see demand" for MG:Revengeance Wii U port

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuripaw

Banned
Why do you guys do this to yourself?

I'm just fed up with new platforms getting the short end of the stick. I went into the PS Vita, and Wii U so far very enthusiastic, and excited to play games on both platforms. As actual hardware goes, I really like both systems. Can't really blame Platinum Games, cuz like a lot of people have already said, this is Konami doing this. We got 2 awesome games from them on the way on Wii U. It's just the fact that new platforms are constantly being screwed on more games that piss me off.

I got a PS3, I got an xbox 360...I can play MGR on other platforms, it doesn't affect me, but I want my new systems to continue getting support. That being said, I also want the games to be worth my purchase. I think there are just too many publishers scared of taking risks, so they don't see these platforms as a worthwhile endevour. Bull shit! Like I keep saying, you're not gonna make tons of money instantly on new platforms unless you put actual effort into the games on it. They have to understand that consumers are not stupid, especially day 1 buyers. We do our research, I know that your port on the Wii U had shitty framerate, I know that your game is $30 cheaper on other platforms. Stop insulting us, and then you'll make money off of us.

If this does convince Konami to bring Metal Gear Rising Revengeance to Wii U, than this means only one thing.

yoshiu.jpg

Ground Zeroes Wii U

There's a better chance of Rising happening than that.

LuchaShaq

Banned
lol yea because someone couldn't own both a 360, PS3, and Wii U and want the Wii U version above the rest.

Considering how 3rd party games have looked/run on wiiU compared to ps360 there is zero reason to go with the wiiU version of a multiplatform game.

Port probably wouldn't sell 75k, not worth it.

Here is an idea : Portstarter. Developer sets a target at which it would be worthwhile to port the game to a given console. If enough people pledge the game price to meet the target, then the port gets made and they get shipped their copy. If not, then the people get their money back, the developer doesn't waste money/resources on a port that won't sell well and nobody can complain about lazy/biased devs.

Kacho

Here is an idea : Portstarter. Developer sets a target at which it would be worthwhile to port the game to a given console. If enough people pledge the game price to meet the target, then the port gets made and they get shipped their copy. If not, then the people get their money back, the developer doesn't waste money/resources on a port that won't sell well and nobody can complain about lazy/biased devs.

I think that would be an interesting experiment.

farnham

Banned
Point still stands though...

It's Konami's decision to develop TW101 and Bayo 2 exclusively for Wii U, isn't it? Does Konami own PG?

Wonderful 101 is nintendos ip. Platinum is making it for them. Bayonetta 2 is still segas ip but they found the build not to be worth a release and nintendo scooped it up.

If they aren't working on it already, a port would end up being released so late after the original that it would be pointless.

Maybe they were making it and are just Pretending like they would be so merciful to give us poor nintendofans a decent game to play if we demanded it.

I don't think the Wii U's userbase is big enough for a demand

If its going to stay were it is right now and never sell a console to anyone ever again for the next years to come i agree with you

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I don't think the Wii U's userbase is big enough for a demand

RangerBAD

This wouldn't be up to PG at all. Konami would be the ones to decide to port it. (That was probably already mentioned.) Sounds like a canned statement to me.

No. Bayo 2 and W101 have nothing to do with Konami. This is not the choice of Platinum games.

So you don't think konami will be watching to see How both those games do on Wii U? Lets say 100k fans sign a petition to make this happen, and Bayonetta 2 and Wonderful 101 both sell like 100k units. Do you think Konami is going to go through with it?

Effect

:( I really do not agree with begging for a game to be on a system via petition or any other way. Konami doesn't want your money then fine. The reason isn't really important why at that point. They haven't cared when it comes to Nintendo consoles in a very long time. Don't throw yourself at their feet. That just shows them they can do anything and you'll come running looking for scraps. That gives them the impression they can continue to treat you anyway they wish. I feel the same way about EA. They don't and they have their reasons. I in turn won't spend any time worrying about them and will put my money towards other games from other companies.

Put your money and time towards those that will support the system without any begging on your part. If you have a PS3/360 then get the game there.

zroid

Banned
Considering how 3rd party games have looked/run on wiiU compared to ps360 there is zero reason to go with the wiiU version of a multiplatform game.

Ehh, that's not necessarily true. Wii U offers several features not found on other consoles which might justify a purchase of its version over the others, even if the port ran worse (which it might not).

Probably not enough to justify it to me, but it's not that hard to imagine such a group of people existing.

Murrah

Banned
As someone who never bought a PS3 or 360, owns a Wii U and is a big fan of both Metal Gear and Platinum, I don't even want it anyway

Apparently I'm the only one inhabiting this corner of the universe

Not interested. If you're going to be a complete ass and ask for consumers to beg, you might as well drop all pretenses and start a kickstarter.

farnham

Banned
:( I really do not agree with begging for a game to be on a system via petition or any other way. Konami doesn't want your money then fine. The reason isn't really important why at that point. They haven't cared when it comes to Nintendo consoles in a very long time. Don't throw yourself at their feet. That just shows them they can do anything and you'll come running looking for scraps. That gives them the impression they can continue to treat you anyway they wish. I feel the same way about EA. They don't and they have their reasons. I in turn won't spend any time worrying about them and will put my money towards other games from other companies.

Put your money and time towards those that will support the system without any begging on your part. If you have a PS3/360 then get the game there.
Well konami made awesome winning eleven games that nobody cared about on wii

Kacho

So you don't think konami will be watching to see How both those games do on Wii U? Lets say 100k fans sign a petition to make this happen, and Bayonetta 2 and Wonderful 101 both sell like 100k units. Do you think Konami is going to go through with it?

Personally, no. By the time those games come out, MGR will be a distant memory. Even if W101 and Bayo 2 sell favorably, there is no guaruntee that an extremely late MGR port would match those sales. Too risky from a business standpoint when you look at other third party sales on the Wii U.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
If its going to stay were it is right now and never sell a console to anyone ever again for the next years to come i agree with you

Obviously but will people want it then, and not everybody will buy it so the userbase threshold needs to be bigger to make it worth it and how long will that take.

farnham

Banned
Obviously but will people want it then, and not everybody will buy it so the userbase threshold needs to be bigger to make it worth it and how long will that take.

Dunno nintendo is betting on reaching mass market appeal starting march 2013 .. If they will reach it i have no idea but they sure need to hit it fast.

Maybe nintendo should moneyhat?

Murrah

Banned
how are you a pg fan when only one of their games wasn't released on the hd twins

i'd call you a madworld fan or something

I dug Madworld. But. I've played a fair chunk of Bayonetta and Vanquish at other people's places. Not to mention a fan of Kamiya and the Crew in general. I'll follow him and his dope leather jackets everywhere

I'm certainly down for day one purchase of Wonderful 101, and I can't even say that about a lot of Nintendo's own games recently, including Pikmin 3

Terrell

Wow...thought Konami owned them for some reason. Probably due to all the Revengeance marketing recently.

Trust me, if Konami owned Platinum, you'd see GAF wailing in agony for months to come, as Konami's record with any of its developers other than Kojima pretty much means a death sentence.

Wait so the company that is developing Bayonetta 2 (edit: and Wonderful 101) exclusively for the Wii U needs to see demand for Revengence to release it on the Wii U?

I understand the difference of publishers, but oh the irony.

Terrell

how are you a pg fan when only one of their games wasn't released on the hd twins

i'd call you a madworld fan or something

The talent at Platinum didn't fall from the sky. People are smart enough to remember these are the guys who made pretty much ALL of Capcom's best new IPs during the PS2/GCN/Xbox generation. That memory does not fade.

I love Platinum Games, but when developers or publishers say this kind of shit, it's because they know they won't get that demand. It's fucking crap, because Wii U owners is a new market, of course you're not gonna see "demand" for a certain game on it, because not many people bought it yet. It's not up to the fucking consumer to ask for games to buy, it's up to the fucking developers/publishers to being putting games on a new platform to get people to buy it!

This kind of stuff just makes me mad, because to use a better example...EA is starting to act like that making more games on the Wii U isn't worth the effort, whether that's because of some fallout between them and Nintendo...they make it sound like "well our Wii U launch titles didn't sell too well, so we're not gonna bother in the future." Instead of considering the fact that maybe....just maybe consumers aren't fucking morons, and aren't going to just give you their hard earned money for half-assed ports, and overpriced games.

At least Platinum is being honest, IMO. If Konami see's enough demand they would order a port for Wii U. That's a much better response then most developers have given similar questions regarding potential Wii U ports. I can at least respect the answer.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Not to mention a fan of Kamiya and the Crew in general. I'll follow him and his dope leather jackets everywhere

Unless it involves purchasing games they've actually produced. Sure, you're a "fan".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom