• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlatinumGames Community Thread | Platinum maintains its luster forever

Best Platinum boss fight?

Results are only viewable after voting.

dreamfall

In my veins for all of eternity. Wonderful thread.

I'll be buying a WiiU come MK8 time, but it's really to revel in Bayonetta's awesomeness.

Anarchy Reigns Online was so utterly dope- ineffable really.

Anung

Un Rama
Anarchy Reigns (when it had a community) was the fuck hypest. Soundtrack was killer as well. Bought it twice <3

I will buy a Wii U for W101 and Bayo 2.

My favorite developer. This reminds me that I need to go back and beat Anarchy Reigns. Vanquish is in my top 10 video games of all time, and Bayonetta isn't too far behind on the list.

I really hope the rumors aren't true about Microsoft paying them for an exclusive game.

ViviOggi

Now this is a thread I can get behind.

What we need is an Anarchy Reigns PC port. It'd be a bit less butt-ugly and more importantly has the chance to maintain a small community for a longer time. I've got the 360 version flying around but there's no way in hell I'm paying for Gold again just to find that nobody plays.

Dizzy-4U

RoMvWmA.gif

atr0cious

a00luj.gif

For coming in and rescuing Konami from Development hell and delivering a game within the short deadline

It's pretty damn good!

Seeing what they did with 1 makes us want to see their complete vision in Rising 2

I meant specifically the PS3 version, I had the 360 version, so I know how fly it is, but I want the full game on PS3 to complete my Metal Gear shrine.

Does anyone know about the quality status of Godhand's PSN PS2 classic version?

Hag

Like the move from TW101: PLATINUM FOREVER

Getting the platinum trophy from Bayo and Vanquish feels damn good too.

Favorite developers ever. They are the best at making over the top stylish action games that don't take themselves seriously.

How can you not love these people especially Kamiya?

frpXO.gif

I might buy Bayonetta 2 when it launches and I don't even have a WiiU. I need it in my collection though just in case.

joe2187

Banned
Is Godhand PS2 classic worth grabbing?

YES! best damn brawler ever made, it looks like shit but it's so much fucking fun.

I could say the same for Wii U Bayonetta.

I dont think it's likely to happen, after watching the Bayonetta: Bloody fate movie I've come to the conclusion that the film would most likely be packaged with the game in some form since all it is, is a retelling of the story from Bayo 1.

I could be wrong, but it makes sense.

Ushiwaka

Thanks. This will be interesting to watch :p

Yeah lol, was thinking with your PlatinumGames avatar you'll make a thread when you can. What's more I really like your avatar tbh, unique. A greatly made first thread OP =D.

Thanks! XD

Is Godhand PS2 classic worth grabbing?

In my opinion, yes of course. but God Hand is a game that many love and many dislike. If you like challenging and fun gameplay with a lot of humor, you should definitely get it. :)

atr0cious

Thanks. This will be interesting to watch :p

Thanks! XD

In my opinion, yes of course. but God Hand is a game that many love and many dislike. If you like challenging and fun gameplay with a lot of humor, you should definitely get it. :)

So the PSN version isn't missing anything in translation?

Kriken

Platinum games thread? Me likey, loved W101 and MGR, playing Vanquish now and will retry Bayonetta soon in anticipation for Bayonetta 2

So far every platnium game I've played has been amazing. Need bayo2 in my veins now. wouldn't mind a sequel to w101 also. I wish platnium would also put out the ost, which is hype as fuck.

Infinite space doesn't get the love it deserves! I bought it just because I love games by Platinum and it was awesome in terms of story/atmosphere/characters and pretty good in terms of mechanics.

Of course I love Bayonetta and Vanquish too. Anarchy Reigns was nice, too.

I meant specifically the PS3 version, I had the 360 version, so I know how fly it is, but I want the full game on PS3 to complete my Metal Gear shrine.

I own the PS3 version if that helps

I can't give you any Bayonetta Digital Foundry like comparisons since I only owned the PS3 version

Riki

I'd love to see a third game from Platinum and Nintendo. I don't really know if it will happen, but Platinum really seems to be given a lot more resources and freedom with Nintendo than they have ever before.

joe2187

Banned
Thanks, as long as it's not Bayonetta levels of bad, I'll grab it.

Nah, they learned their lesson about PS3 ports, PS3 version of MGR is the same on both versions. I believe the cutscenes look better on PS3 or something but they're the both good.

I'd love to see a third game from Platinum and Nintendo. I don't really know if it will happen, but Platinum really seems to be given a lot more resources and freedom with Nintendo than they have ever before.

Captain Falcon character action brawler/racer

Apenheul

The only game in the OP I haven't played is Anarchy Reigns. and apart from MadWorld I've enjoyed all the other games a lot. Bayonetta and W101 are PlatinumGames' strongest titles IMO, also really looking forward to Bayo 2.

Riki

Nah, they learned their lesson about PS3 ports, PS3 version of MGR is the same on both versions. I believe the cutscenes look better on PS3 or something but they're the both good.

Captain Falcon character action brawler/racer

Or just really take Metroid in a whole new direction and make her a real badass hyper brawler, but in the Rising style with the metal songs everywhere.

impact

Banned
I'm thinking (and hoping) their next game after Bayo 2 will be Rising 2. There better be a PC version at launch is all I'm gonna say.

Lunar15

Or just really take Metroid in a whole new direction and make her a real badass hyper brawler, but in the Rising style with the metal songs everywhere.

Why not both? Platinum Games Presents: Captain Falcon and Samus: Bounty Hunters

Tain

Anarchy Reigns actually has a pretty good campaign if you play Hard your first time through. Certainly better than MadWorld's, even if it's no Bayonetta.

MadWorld is the only Platinum game that I consider sub-par.

Riki

I'd like this but I guess a lot people won't. Starfox however...

Why not both? Platinum Games Presents: Captain Falcon and Samus: Bounty Hunters

Samus, Starfox and Captain Falcon in: Space Bounty

The story of three rivals that are forced to team up to save the universe from evil.

Anarchy Reigns actually has a pretty good campaign if you play Hard your first time through. Certainly better than MadWorld's, even if it's no Bayonetta.

I loved MadWorld to death. It needed more substance, but it was amazingly executed. The in game commentary as you were killing people (provided by the amazing Greg Proops and John Dimaggio) was pure gold. More games need that!

I agree. What I didn't like about AR is that it looks blurred. But it was fun when people still played it online.

Blu(e)

I agree. What I didn't like about AR is that it looks blurred. But it was fun when people still played it online.

Yeah it was. I mostly played randoms who would just mash the 360 get off me move and I would just bait them all day and punish them. Never did get a full game of Death Ball though. What I kinda didn't like was when someone was in rage mode you were almost guaranteed dead unless you had rage as well or were lucky enough to run away.

Ushiwaka

I'm thinking (and hoping) their next game after Bayo 2 will be Rising 2. There better be a PC version at launch is all I'm gonna say.

The chances of Rising 2 happening are strong imo. I mean, sales were good (2nd best selling PS3 game and 11th best selling game overall in Japan in 2013) and Kojima wants a sequel. I don't see why a sequel can't happen.

SonicTHP

Neo Member
I really want to see PG do a Vita or 3DS title. They haven't done as much in the way of handhelds and I'd like to see them stretch their legs in that arena more.

Both systems good use some super deep combat games anyway.

I love Platinum's 3D action games, but I'd like to see them try something else, just how it turns out. It'd be cool to see them create a sidescroller, or an arcade-style beat-em-up, or maybe even a shmup (I think Inaba once said there were people within the company who wanted to make one).

Griss

It's funny how I loved most ( by most I mean I haven´t played all of them) of these games before I even knew the pedigree they had. Hell, I didn't even know that PG and Clover were related at all.

Exactly how I felt when I first learned who Platinum were / had been. The only game up there I considered a disappointment was Okami. Was far too wordy, had a terrible beginning, and I hated the visuals. Felt like a charmless Zelda to me. Everything else is dynamite, and MGS Rising probably just tops Bayonetta as their masterpiece. I remember buying Viewtiful Joe at launch. I've supported them from day 1!

Viewtiful Joe is the greatest action game ever created by any team, but Wonderful 101 is a really, really close second. Bayo is a tight ass(!) third. All Platinum, so eh. We keep it in the family.

Top Bottom