• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Play-Asia says SJWs to blame for DOAX3 not coming west

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainpat

JgKjoVZ.gif

Oh boy. Gonna watch this thread

LewieP

This is obviously true because there are a secret board of "SJWs" who decide which games get globally released.

Slashlen

It's not like the tweet is wrong, but unless they think their customers skew far to one side, it's generally not a good idea to throw out politically charged tweets like that. Right or wrong, they just piss off a portion of the audience.

BiggNife

Both sides?

One side prevented the other from enjoying a video game. A video game.

There were no protests to ban DOAX3 in the west. None. KT made a business decision and is trying to pass blame.

Also yeah, not buying from Play Asia anymore. Amiami is better anyway. Much better prices/shipping.

XAL

Eh, I don't know if that's the case. I'm pretty sure there just isn't a huge market for:

1. The Dead or Alive series in the west at all anymore
2. Another DOA Beach Volleyball game

I guess people in the west can shit on it for being misogynistic, but it's not going to change anything in japan.

They line up around the block for hentai games for fucks sake. It's a different planet. Leave them alone and move on to more important things.

Wait wait something like a simple tweet like that can get people to stop shopping there but we couldn't rally against dlc,season passes,fallout 4(hehe).

Griss

What exactly is the problem with these tweets? I don't exactly understand the top one.

I've used PlayAsia multiple times. They were always good for me. If I decide to get DoAX3 on import I'll use them, sure.

RM8

Better alternatives to Play-Asia:

HMV Japan
Amiami

Pay Japanese retail prices, and considering the current exchange rate, you get an even bigger advantage.
This is true, I always use Play-Asia (and to be fair, I think they're pretty good) - but I recently bought some N3DS faceplates from Amiami and paying in JPY was much cheaper.

Demoskinos

I saw people getting angry about this and I dunno I don't get the outrage I guess. Play-Asia has never done me wrong. This doesn't really have any impact on my opinion of them.

There were no protests to ban DOAX3 in the west. None. KT made a business decision and is trying to pass blame.

Also yeah, not buying from Play Asia anymore. Amiami is better anyway. Much better prices/shipping.

The very interesting thing is however, someone just asked the Koei-Tecmo Europe Community Manager their stance on the non-release, and he replies to go to Play-Asia and get it there instead.

Both sides?

Not like it was going to sell much anyway.
I want sources on this BS. Where are the protests? Complaints? Articles about it? Rally campaign against it? No one gives a shit about DoA, let alone a spinoff volleyball game.

Breads

Banned
I called the last OP out for misrepresenting their intentions of T-K by making it sound like they used feminism as a scapegoat to their business decision...

But oh my god Play-Asia.

I checked their twitter. This shit is the real deal. Holy god damn. I didn't think you could both throw feminism and YOUR OWN PROSPECTIVE AUDIENCE under the bus in a single tweet. That's such a master stroke of terribad that I'm not even mad. I'm actually quite impressed. Some gave T-K the benifit of the doubt that this business decision wouldn't be influenced by backlash so let's see how this plays out for Play-Asia.

Better alternatives to Play-Asia:

HMV Japan
Amiami

Pay Japanese retail prices, and considering the current exchange rate, you get an even bigger advantage.

Unforunately, these are the Japanese versions, and not the Asian versions, which come with English.

But yeah, if I can't find another Asian version preorder, this will be my last purchase from Play Asia.

I think this is one of those things where people are just going to talk again instead of action. Play-Asia will probably still get the bulk of import sales.

Nanashrew

Banned
Both sides?

Not like it was going to sell much anyway.

No one even really cares about the game or even talked about it besides super niche places and that one GAF thread.

TimmiT

So was there even any source on this game not being brought to the west outside of Nichegamer, which is a site that was started by Gamergate supporters?

RMI

Banned
Is the Japanese version going to have English text, too?

not confirmed, but I heard this was the case for DoA5 Last Round.

I don't think you're going to need a strong grasp of the Japanese Language to enjoy this game, honestly.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
I'm not really sure what that has to do with anything. The game is going to be released in English in Asia.
Still not the same thing as an actual localization let alone an actual release overseas which is what people are complaining about for whatever reason. X3 was never going to sell well so they just made a business decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom