• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PLAYERUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Thread: This Is Battle Royale

red731

https://twitter.com/pubattlegrounds
nOq5XTG.png

Tecnniqe

Banned
TFW you go solo squads and end in top 5 teams just to have an entire 4 man squad enter behind you from outside the circle

latest

with a little

4VqvD.gif

Yesterday I learned the hard way that you can still get killed by a bombing if you're inside a building but too close to a window.

T-Rex.

Banned
Is there anyway to manually cap the frame rate? It's all over the place atm and I just want to lock it to 60. AMD's own frame rate limiter doesn't work for whatever reason.

iosa

Damn it. Just had a bug while switching weapon making it invisible an unusable. It's a that exact moment a player enters the room and kill me. It was gonna be my best game for sure.

KonradLaw

I keep thinking everyone's going nuts over these janky ass early access games because that's all there is -- Why doesn't Dice just put a mode like this in one of their battlefiend games as DLC? Or just make a new game around it? It'd be huge.

Would have as much success ass all those big publishers attempts at MOBAs.
BR is very similiar type of game. Born from mod, havily focused on tight communities, meant to be supported for 5 years at least instead of being replaced every couple years and for BP there's even more of PC-centric stuff inherent to the genre, like mods, servers etc.
It's just not something big publishers can do well.

Jobbs

Banned
Would have as much success ass all those big publishers attempts at MOBAs.
BR is very similiar type of game. Born from mod, havily focused on tight communities, meant to be supported for 5 years at least instead of being replaced every couple years and for BP there's even more of PC-centric stuff inherent to the genre, like mods, servers etc.
It's just not something big publishers can do well.

PUBG is the third most played game on Steam right now. That's not a niche thing. At least it doesn't seem like it. That should be enough popularity for publishers to smell money.

Tecnniqe

Banned
PUBG is the third most played game on Steam right now. That's not a niche thing. At least it doesn't seem like it. That should be enough popularity for publishers to smell money.

I imagine they would put health regen and all that bollocks in too :3

KonradLaw

And MOBAs are niche? And publishers likely know they can't compete and considering their productions cycles who knows if the craze won't be over before they manage to release. Because half-assing it through some quick DLC would be a sure fire way to diseaster.

Plus Battle Royale is popular on PC. I'm not sure if it would gain anywhere near as big traction on consoles.

jediyoshi

Huh I got a free crate out of nowhere

Steam stats would also tell you farming simulators and soccer managers should be up there next to COD. Can't really judge relative popularity across platforms.

Somnia

Got 2nd twice in squads, just can't get over that hump and get the last kill. I tried going back to H1Z1 and I just can't do it, too fast now. I love the speed and gunplay in this a lot better, nothing wrong with H1Z1 at all, still a great game!

8x scope + sniper + being on military island and popping people at a crate across the water is great. I got 8 kills in a row doing that, they had no idea where I was.

The first game (this or h1z1) to get on consoles will be a huge hit. PUBG obviously need to focus on the PC version right now, but they'd be smart to get a console version out on at least xbox early access as fast as possible. It's a gold mine waiting to happen.

arimanius

So I'm interested in this but my PC is on the low end and not sure it's up for the task. I have an i5-4670k, 24G of ram, and two GTX 770 in SLI. What do you guys think?

Compsiox

Banned
So I'm interested in this but my PC is on the low end and not sure it's up for the task. I have an i5-4670k, 24G of ram, and two GTX 770 in SLI. What do you guys think?

I doubt SLI would do you any good. So maybe at like 720p you could get stable frames.

DrBo42

Not sure I'm a fan of how aggressive the player area shrinks towards the end, especially with how crucial position is in this game. Feels like it's too much.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Fuck the zone timer in this game. Feels way too fast.

Don't feel like we're given any time to actually engage in fights in the midgame. Loot/DM for 5, spend the midgame fucking sprinting to the zone if you're unlucky, and then turtle endgame. Shit is getting annoying.

JDB

Banned

Don't feel like we're given any time to actually engage in fights in the midgame. Loot/DM for 5, spend the midgame fucking sprinting to the zone if you're unlucky, and then turtle endgame. Shit is getting ananoying.
Get a car or boat.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Not sure I'm a fan of how aggressive the player area shrinks towards the end, especially with how crucial position is in this game. Feels like it's too much.

Don't feel like we're given any time to actually engage in fights in the midgame. Loot/DM for 5, spend the midgame fucking sprinting to the zone if you're unlucky, and then turtle endgame. Shit is getting ananoying.
Good thing they are increasing the timers soon then.

Machina

Banned
Just had a round where I stole a person's car from under their noses after they got out to search a house right as the Red Zone spawned on top of us then went on to finish 3rd in the last play area with 1 kill.

Great game. Shame none of my mates want to play.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
They should tweak the formula a little - maybe make you collect dog tags off people or something to access areas or crates? The rewards for hiding outweigh any attempt to engage.

Also, anyone having soft details in the distance? I'm pretty much maxed on most settings, but everything in the distance is pretty fuzzy.

JDB

Banned
They should tweak the formula a little - maybe make you collect dog tags off people or something to access areas or crates? The rewards for hiding outweigh any attempt to engage.

Also, anyone having soft details in the distance? I'm pretty much maxed on most settings, but everything in the distance is pretty fuzzy.
Try turning off post-processing. Could help.

Top Bottom