• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PLAYERUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Thread: This Is Battle Royale

Smokey

what graphic settings are you guys using? r9 290 here

Ultra everything once I got SLI profile to work. I did the Ultra textures and low everything else, and it didn't really help me all that much.

I got to number 2 today in Solo. Had game winning kill in my scope and choked :(

Jobbs

Banned
The M4 is my favorite weapon. It has full auto which comes in handy, and it isn't impossible to land hits with like the SCAR.

D0MWPJe.gif

JesseZao

Ultra everything once I got SLI profile to work. I did the Ultra textures and low everything else, and it didn't really help me all that much.

I got to number 2 today in Solo. Had game winning kill in my scope and choked :(

You turn the foliage off at least?

Hylian7

Had some really exciting matches tonight.

One was when I was solo, down to the top 15 and the circle was getting pretty tiny. I was driving in a buggy and saw an airdrop dropping not far out of the circle, with about a minute left before it started moving. I took the buggy to the drop, prepared for the worst.

I got out of the buggy and saw a guy next to a tree nearby as he shot and hit me once, but didn't do too much damage. I used my SCAR-L with 4x scope and put a few rounds into him and he was done. Then I was still being shot at from somewhere else. I looked all over for the guy, but couldn't see him, so I hid behind the crate where I wasn't getting shot at, grabbed a med pack and 8x scope out of the drop, got back in the buggy and drove toward the circle. I was being shot at, I went off road and for a house. One of the shooters was close, he tried to get the jump on me, but met the business end of my shotgun. I healed with the med pack and used an energy drink to get to full health. The wall was closing in, I had to move from that house, despite how unsafe it was. I saw the guy shooting at me, managed to get a couple of shots in him, but unfortunately he got more into me and I was dead.

Another involved me and two other friends camping out in a house, with the circle closing and the only way to the nearest building in the circle involved running a long field. At the same time, a group showed up to try to get us. We set up for them, the wall about to touch our house, and one opened the door. I killed him with a shotgun, and the other two killed me, then my friends. We got #5 that round though.

Another was with four of us and ended in a town. We camped in a house, then had to move because of the wall, when there was a huge fight outside. We had no choice but to dart out the door and hope for the best. I got shot first, and there was no way they could save me, so I died. The others managed to kill two from one group, but others, either from that group or another, killed them. 5th place again.

Found ourselves in a interesting situation in a match today. The last circle ended over one of the underground bunkers, our team was underneath and the opposing team on the surface, with no team able to reach each other. After a few minutes the circle retracted to a tiny point, seemingly resulting in the deaths of all seven survivors.

Does anyone know if there are any Aus/oce servers? Imagine I'll be hugely disadvantaged trying to play on US with 250ms.

Edit: nevermind, appears not.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Does anyone know if there are any Aus/oce servers? Imagine I'll be hugely disadvantaged trying to play on US with 250ms.

Edit: nevermind, appears not.
Maintenance is just over and there should be oceanic and South American servers now per

"OC/SA Servers
With tomorrow’s client update we will be bringing Oceania and South American servers online. These servers will feature their own regional leaderboards."

Tecnniqe

Banned
Thanks. Still haven't gotten #1 yet. Bunch of #2s though which I'm guessing still weighs heavy in the rankings.

Its all ELO based so a loss vs high win rated ELO players might not even change anything or getting high against them but not winning could add your rank up.

Same with kills.

Killing low ranked players yield little on the rank as opposed to higher tanked ones. Dying to low level players also penalize your kill rating more.

Saganator

I'm starting to consistently be in the top 15 or so. I'm not a killing machine or anything, usually only 1 or 2 kills per round. I mostly stay out of the towns and run from one cluster of buildings to another.

This is the first game I've played that gets me super nervous, which right now is my biggest downfall. When I get into a firefight my heart starts pumping and my hands shake. It's nuts, I often have to take a lil 5-10 min break after each round. Hoping with some more time that'll stop happening.

Smokey

Anyone else get graphical artifacts when they are scoped in? I get little black boxes.

Yeah

Also it's devasting getting shot at when playing solo. The sounds design in the game is amazing. I've literally jumped a few times getting shot out of nowhere.

luulubuu

I'm very curious about this game, never played H1Z1 and never got too far in ARMA3 since the learning curve is too much for me right now BUT I'm loving my time playing solo or with friends with Wildlands

Should I grab this one? Sorry if it's a silly question

Saganator

Yeah

Also it's devasting getting shot at when playing solo. The sounds design in the game is amazing. I've literally jumped a few times getting shot out of nowhere.

No kidding. Last night I was in some building looking at the map for my next move. I heard some footsteps outside so I stood still and put my crosshairs on the door incase they came in. Next thing I know I hear a blast from right behind me, scared the shit out of me. The dude I heard peeked through the window and blasted me through it. I wish I was recording because I totally spazzed out when I heard the shot and caused me to do some erratic mouse movements, probably would've made a funny gif.

I'm very curious about this game, never played H1Z1 and never got too far in ARMA3 since the learning curve is too much for me right now BUT I'm loving my time playing solo or with friends with Wildlands

Should I grab this one? Sorry if it's a silly question

There is pretty much no learning curve for this game, it's all the basic controls you should be used to. No weird stuff like ARMA. How much money do you have to blow? If $30 is no big deal then why not? My biggest complaint about the game so far is the absolutely toxic community. I have to take my headphones off so I don't have to listen to all the racist bullshit people yell while on the plane.

Somnia

Yeah

haha I was streaming on beam last night doing duos with another of our streamers and I kept jumping on stream when I got shot at. I'm usually good at knowing where the bullets come from, but sometimes you just get pegged and freak out.

Vipu

Banned
My biggest complaint about the game so far is the absolutely toxic community. I have to take my headphones off so I don't have to listen to all the racist bullshit people yell while on the plane.

I have turned off voicechat since start and everyone else should too.
Its no point to have it on unless you are 1 of them who shout there always.

There is pretty much no learning curve for this game, it's all the basic controls you should be used to. No weird stuff like ARMA. How much money do you have to blow? If $30 is no big deal then why not? My biggest complaint about the game so far is the absolutely toxic community. I have to take my headphones off so I don't have to listen to all the racist bullshit people yell while on the plane.

CTRL-T. Global Mute toggle. It'll save your sanity.

Somnia

I don't agree with the no learning curve statement at all but each to their own.

Ya I don't agree either. I mean this game and H1Z1 are easy to start playing by just jumping in and shooting, but there's a lot of depth and knowing what to pick up and what to skip, etc. Also knowing when to jump out of the plane, what to look for, where to land, when to risk driving to a city on the other side of the map and a lot more. It has a lot of depth and learning curve to get really good.

This game has also ruined my backlog. I was playing Mass Effect and Horizon, but neither have been booted up since this came out. This is all I care about.

kabel

No kidding. Last night I was in some building looking at the map for my next move. I heard some footsteps outside so I stood still and put my crosshairs on the door incase they came in. Next thing I know I hear a blast from right behind me, scared the shit out of me. The dude I heard peeked through the window and blasted me through it. I wish I was recording because I totally spazzed out when I heard the shot and caused me to do some erratic mouse movements, probably would've made a funny gif.

I have situations like this every second game!

I get scared, shoot like a maniac and die.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Ya I don't agree either. I mean this game and H1Z1 are easy to start playing by just jumping in and shooting, but there's a lot of depth and knowing what to pick up and what to skip, etc. Also knowing when to jump out of the plane, what to look for, where to land, when to risk driving to a city on the other side of the map and a lot more. It has a lot of depth and learning curve to get really good.

This game has also ruined my backlog. I was playing Mass Effect and Horizon, but neither have been booted up since this came out. This is all I care about.

Ya. Also RIP my time.

Friends want to play Wildlands and so do I but this is too good :3

Saganator

Omg thanks for info on how to mute. I looked at the control options and didn't see anything about mute, guess I didn't look hard enough.

Oh and for the lack of learning curve comment, I was more talking about controls and whatnot. ARMA is intimidating to me because of all the extra controls there are and inventory mechanics. In the heat of the moment in that game I would constantly fumble around trying to remember the correct button navigating the inventory. Nothing like that in PABG. All basic controls that any PC gamer should be used to.

luulubuu

Okay, I see, I like what are you guys saying, how is the controller in this game? I play Wildlands with controller so maybe Im too used to it (๑•﹏•)

Thanks gaffers for helping me get use to keyboard controls. My movement and looting have improved a lot lately. However, I have lost every fire fight I've been in. Aiming with the mouse is harder than I thought. The sensitivity it too high for me but if I change it then I can turn quickly. I have a long way to go 😟

Grief.exe

Okay, I see, I like what are you guys saying, how is the controller in this game? I play Wildlands with controller so maybe Im too used to it (๑•﹏•)

I doubt you will ever make it to top 10 once while using a controller.

imho

People make it into the top ten without killing a single person, and it's less about twitch aim and more about positioning and bullet drop. I think it's possible, I don't know how it works with a controller since I haven't played a shooter with one in a decade.

Vipu

Banned
I doubt you will ever make it to top 10 once while using a controller.

imho

You can make to top5 with 0 kills, so I would say playing with controller is fine, just dunno how hard managing inventory would be with it... But thats what controllers are.

Saganator

Thanks gaffers for helping me get use to keyboard controls. My movement and looting have improved a lot lately. However, I have lost every fire fight I've been in. Aiming with the mouse is harder than I thought. The sensitivity it too high for me but if I change it then I can turn quickly. I have a long way to go 😟

You can adjust your sensitivity to be lower when you're using ADS or scope.

Hylian7

Anyone else get graphical artifacts when they are scoped in? I get little black boxes.
I was dead in a match and spectating one of my squadmates and every time he scoped in, it as upside down, low res, and really weird looking and I couldn't see the people he was shooting that. I have only seen this spectating though.

Saganator

Games when the circle ends up on the southern island are intense. Just had a game where I was running towards a boat while some guy with a sniper rifle was trying to pick me off from behind. I made it to the boat and across the river, then waited to see if the guy who was shooting at me was going to cross. I didn't shoot at him while he was driving his boat over because I wanted him to think he was clear. He got out of the boat and ran in a straight line towards me, he had no clue I was watching him in my sights. Popped him right in the head and killed him in one shot, despite my shaky hands. So satisfying to see that pink mist and seeing the body drop like a rock.

Top Bottom